Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Open Up the Bushnell 1500

49 replies to this topic

#31 waffle_house_blues

waffle_house_blues

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181132
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

i have a second hand pinseeker 1500.

i am having problems with the display.  all aspects of the display light up and i get no correct numbers.  Does anybody have any idea what a guy could do to fix this?

the guy who gave me the 1500 said he left it in the rain and it has not displayed correct since.

Thanks for any info

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Tank.Bobcat.Watts

Tank.Bobcat.Watts

DriverWedge is my middle name

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 270400
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

If this works on mine I owe you guys big
USGA Handicap: +2                 Fitting center: Pure Impact Golf Studio                 Low round in competition: 65                 Low round with pals: 62                 Golf Junkie, tinkerer, short game coach                 Born to golf

#33 NuG

NuG

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42997
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostSzeto, on 31 July 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

I need help to fix a broken Bushnell Tour V2 rangefinder, which just stopped working one day.

If I remove the battery, put it back in, and look thru the lens without pushing anything, it is just blank like normal.  Once I press the power button, the entire display (i.e. all the black lines) lights up and it doesn't go away.  I then have to remove the battery to prevent it from being drained, and the whole cycle starts again.

I sent the rangefinder to Bushnell, and they said the circuit board is broken and they refused to fix it.  And they charged me $25 for the privilege of getting the unit inspected!

Is there anything I can do to get it fixed?  I don't use it frequently and it still looks new.  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

I have the same exact issue with mine.  I'm going to open mine up and see if I can see anything that is fried on the circuit board.  It does sound unusual to have a broken circuit board on an item that is completely sealed up and weather proof.  

When did you buy yours and when did you have battery issues?

Edited by NuG, 20 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#34 hhpro

hhpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14130

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

My 1500 just started acting odd......laser operates fine but I'm killing batteries for some reason.....getting one round on a
fresh battery and then LOB shows up and the 1500 shuts down fast.

Anyone seen this or have any idea what could cause this issue?  thank you for ANY help......

#35 kailam19

kailam19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83234
  • Ebay ID:mrklam19
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

hopefully you guys can help, im seeing the cross circle and everything else but i only only getting a single digit # with the others behind non visible/skewed. Any help would be great.

#36 DrJet

DrJet

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103302
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the information. My Bushnell 1500 could not pick up distance farther than 120 yards. Now it can pick up an object farther than 360 yards. :superman:
My bag:

Titleist 917D3 w/ Tour AD BB S
Titleist 909 15 or XXIO 4 wood
Miura 202 3-p NS pro S Pured
Fourteen RM 12, 52 and 58
Scotty Cameron 2.6

#37 KMeloney

KMeloney

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
  • Handicap:@ 7
GolfWRX Likes : 980

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostNuG, on 20 August 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

View PostSzeto, on 31 July 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

I need help to fix a broken Bushnell Tour V2 rangefinder, which just stopped working one day.

If I remove the battery, put it back in, and look thru the lens without pushing anything, it is just blank like normal.  Once I press the power button, the entire display (i.e. all the black lines) lights up and it doesn't go away.  I then have to remove the battery to prevent it from being drained, and the whole cycle starts again.

I sent the rangefinder to Bushnell, and they said the circuit board is broken and they refused to fix it.  And they charged me $25 for the privilege of getting the unit inspected!

Is there anything I can do to get it fixed?  I don't use it frequently and it still looks new.  Thanks for any ideas you may have.

I have the same exact issue with mine.  I'm going to open mine up and see if I can see anything that is fried on the circuit board.  It does sound unusual to have a broken circuit board on an item that is completely sealed up and weather proof.  

When did you buy yours and when did you have battery issues?

Digging up an oldish thread here… My issue as of a few days ago is exactly as you guys describe -- a press of the button brings up every possible part of the display, and no functionality but this. Mine goes back off without pulling the battery, but each button press just brings up everything again.

Can anyone else confirm that this is a circuit board issue (and that there's no adjustment that can be made otherwise)? Thanks, folks.

PS -- One thing that I found interesting: despite my Pinseeker 1500 being a non-slope version, the slope function is obviously built into this unit, since angle digits and a degree symbol, along with +/- yardage digits, appear on the display as well. I guess it's simply been blocked out by the software in the unit.

#38 JSchramm

JSchramm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282708
  • Ebay ID:jeffs4970
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Posting error

Edited by JSchramm, 23 November 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#39 JSchramm

JSchramm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282708
  • Ebay ID:jeffs4970
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

I wanted to add an observation I've made while working with these 1500's. The waterproof seals can be given a fighting chance again by using a quality grade clear silicone sealant. Make sure it's the silicone and not just some bathroom caulking that may be laying around the house. The silicone sealant will provide plenty of adhesive ability to keep things in place. Excess sealant can easily be cleaned of by hand after it sets and leave the unit looking like it's never been touched. Don't be sloppy with the silicone, it doesn't take much to accomplish this and clean up is much nicer.

#40 PDoN

PDoN

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 236811
  • Ebay ID:pdon_2
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

The laser fix worked for me. Unbelievable

Superfast 1.0 TP
913 FD 15*
Rocketbladez Tour 3-P
Red Saw Vokeys
Scotty Select Squareback

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 pmveilleux

pmveilleux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2490

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

I am one of the early posters of this thread and i agree, amazing.  I now toggle between my old 1500 & newer 1600.  I must admit i like the 1500 better.

Nice to see the power of the internet has helped so many.

#42 ParHunter

ParHunter

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121249
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostPDoN, on 26 December 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

The laser fix worked for me. Unbelievable
For me the range increased from about 140 yards to 170 yards but it didn't fix it completely.

#43 NoCalHack

NoCalHack

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46573
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Omg. So glad I found this thread. Going to try it out. Almost threw my 1500 away and was eyeing the jolt model. But who needs the dumb jolt anyways?

#44 swingslower

swingslower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336371
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:38 AM

Anyone who had problems with the graphics in ther TE version? Sometimes all 3 digits dissapear but most times just the last one.. Any clue?

#45 middie8

middie8

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15476
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

I have one of these and if there isnt a prism on the flag i get nothing.  if there is a prism i get spotty results at best.  I sent it to bushnell and they said the prisms were out of alingment.  I guess i should try this.

Edited by middie8, 18 November 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#46 TU_Owl

TU_Owl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61072
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

I am reviving this thread! It took a lot of small adjustments and testing, which took putting the lens and cover back on and running out side to the streets to get long enough yardages, but it finally dialed in! good as new! the pinseeker and the scanner both work flawlessly. Thanks OP!!

#47 knute

knute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513098
  • Handicap:12

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostBishop, on 03 June 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

I got 2 TE 1500s. One works but is slowly starting to not pick up distances over 150 yds. Its performance is getting progressively worse. It sounds like the same symptoms as others who did this repair. Im planning on realigning the laser as described soon.

My question for anyone is regarding my 2nd unit. When I push the button to get a reading the display just "freezes". It shows the pinseeker logo, the cross hairs, and the digits for the distance read "1888 Y M". And on the bottom it shows "+18*  > 888". That all shows up when I press the button, and it just locks up, or "freezes" for lack of a better term. It seems like it shows everything the read out is capable of displaying all at once. Then the screen goes blank after the 20 or so seconds without hitting the button, just like its supposed to.

Also, there seems to be a very slight rattle when shaken. Other than that the unit looks brand new.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any suggestions? If I dont get any replys, Im thinking of atleast trying the laser adjustment to see if that might fix it. Any help is appreciated.
       i just bought a used 1500 with slope and i get the same 1888 y m and + 18 etc etc...help!

#48 knute

knute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostBishop, on 06 June 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

Adjusted the laser as described and got it picking up flags at 280+ yds. And there wasnt any wind so the flags were laying down, which anyone with a laser knows, makes it more difficult. I picked up a large American flag at 429 yds as well. After reading the instructions and looking at the pictures it was fairly simple. So thank you to everyone who posted information. Now all I need is some help with my other 1500. Im fairly sure its problems are not laser alignment issues. Im going to operate on it in the near future and Ill post the results if I can bring it back to life.
  so what happened with the 2nd unit? i have same problem

#49 Precision Pro Golf

Precision Pro Golf

• Sponsors
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414432
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:47 PM

Color us impressed by all of those on this thread who are finding various ways to fix their rangefinders. That's very resourceful of you!

On the flip side... color us UNimpressed by a certain rangefinder company's customer service. Being charged $25 to inspect a broken rangefinder doesn't seem right. (Just FYI... if you write to us at Precision Pro Golf that your rangefinder isn't working, we're either going to fix it (for free) or we're going to replace it with a brand new one.) Unfortunately, we've heard these stories from golfers before.

If you're unable to MacGyver your rangefinder back together and instead find yourself in the market for a replacement, we have a special offer for everyone of this thread. We're offering you 25% OFF when you trade in your broken rangefinder for one of our NX7 series rangefinders. To claim this offer, you can email seth@precisionprogolf.com to receive the discount code.

We hope you're all able to have a working rangefinder back in your golf bag one way or another!
Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.
$20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.
www.precisionprogolf.com

Posted Image

#50 knute

knute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

View PostBishop, on 03 June 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

I got 2 TE 1500s. One works but is slowly starting to not pick up distances over 150 yds. Its performance is getting progressively worse. It sounds like the same symptoms as others who did this repair. Im planning on realigning the laser as described soon.

My question for anyone is regarding my 2nd unit. When I push the button to get a reading the display just "freezes". It shows the pinseeker logo, the cross hairs, and the digits for the distance read "1888 Y M". And on the bottom it shows "+18*  > 888". That all shows up when I press the button, and it just locks up, or "freezes" for lack of a better term. It seems like it shows everything the read out is capable of displaying all at once. Then the screen goes blank after the 20 or so seconds without hitting the button, just like its supposed to.

Also, there seems to be a very slight rattle when shaken. Other than that the unit looks brand new.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any suggestions? If I dont get any replys, Im thinking of atleast trying the laser adjustment to see if that might fix it. Any help is appreciated.
  yeah me! same problem...did you fix the 2nd unit?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors