Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Going to Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MillyVanilly

MillyVanilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195702
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Heading to Punta Cana in 10 days and looking to get a round in while I'm there.  I'm staying at the Dreams Palm Beach Resort, so any help or advice I can get on where to play, which courses offer the best deals, which courses are the nicest, would be greatly appreciated! I am a scratch player so I don't mind dropping some money if the course is worth it!  Thanks much!!!

Edited by MillyVanilly, 07 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MillyVanilly

MillyVanilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195702

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostMillyVanilly, on 31 July 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Heading to Punta Cana in 10 days and looking to get a round in while I'm there.  I'm staying at the Dreams Palm Beach Resort, so any help or advice I can get on where to play, which courses offer the best deals, which courses are the nicest, would be greatly appreciated! I am a scratch player so I don't mind dropping some money if the course is worth it!  Thanks much!!!

Just got back from my trip and figured i would update just incase anyone else falls into the same situation i was in.  I wound up just winging it based on some reviews on trip advisor and a price i was able to afford haha.

I got my round set up by the concierge at LA CANA, part of the PUNTACANA Resort. I think i may have gotten a small break in price as the $195 i paid included the round with cart & caddy, range balls, and transportation to and from. The course was in pretty good shape i thought and the layout was challenging and also very fair. The ocean views throughout were fantastic!!  I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

#3 robin623

robin623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185778

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostMillyVanilly, on 14 August 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

View PostMillyVanilly, on 31 July 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

Just got back from my trip and figured i would update just incase anyone else falls into the same situation i was in.  I wound up just winging it based on some reviews on trip advisor and a price i was able to afford haha.

I got my round set up by the concierge at LA CANA, part of the PUNTACANA Resort. I think i may have gotten a small break in price as the $195 i paid included the round with cart & caddy, range balls, and transportation to and from. The course was in pretty good shape i thought and the layout was challenging and also very fair. The ocean views throughout were fantastic!!  I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Puntacana Resort is awesome. You will love to play there. One of the best resort I ever seen :)

Edited by robin623, 15 August 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#4 Ninja

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69317

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

We're scheduled to play Punta Blanca & Barcelo Lakes....anyone already have the pleasure?

#5 linkerpan

linkerpan

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134575
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I lived in the Dominican for many years, so I can be really detailed in what to look, but will try to resume. Punta Blanca is the best of the two, good but nothing out of this world. For the price you should skip them and go to Punta Espada and Corales. Those 2 courses are top 100 in the world. Try to go in the morning, after 11am the wind will come in play. Also they are by the sea, and you will have breathtaking views. They are expensive, but worthy. If your stay is for 1 week, schedule 36 holes in Casa de Campo (70 miles away) where Teeth of the Dog is located. I would say anyway, that playing before November it can cost you 600 - 700 to play 4 top courses that will be remembered forever. Cheaper for sure than premium South Carolina resorts, and arguably better.
If you have a Dominican friend to play, he can get non tourist rates, maybe 30% cheaper.
Remember that a trip to the DR well made can be an experience compared to Hawaii, Scotland or Ireland, meaning you should try to do the best ones as you never know when you go back.

R1 @ 11.25, Oban Kiyoshi White
Stage 2 Tour 14.5, GD AD DI 6S
TM 17 & 22 Hybrids, JS & Stage 2
Fourteen 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95
Golo 3, Betti BB1f, Kingston KP1
Vokey SM4, 50, 55, 60

#6 Ninja

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69317

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the info....18 of us are heading down next week. Corales is a bit out of our price range but we're hoping to do La Cana.

#7 dpb5031

dpb5031

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67947
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Do not miss Punta Espada in Cap Cana.  It is absolutely spectacular.  Comparatively, La Cana is ok, and Corales is pristine and exclusive, but over priced.  Punta Espada is the Pebble Beach of the Caribbean, but with better weather, and better"off ocean" holes.

#8 James_Par

James_Par

James_Par

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211807
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Punta Espada is breathtaking, also a 20 minute drive in La Romana is Teeth of the Dog, incredible course! Corales and La Cana are also brilliant. Let me know if you need help with your trip, if there is 18 of you I could have got you 50% off your trip. Hope you had a great time.

JT

#9 ebr2384

ebr2384

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85029
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

DR Golfer here and I the reviews on the local courses are pretty accurate. Im biased in favor of Punta Espada where I am a member but I can honestly say that I have never heard a bad review from anyone other than the fact that it is pricey.  Corales and new Arrecife course in Punta Cana are also very good courses (expensive as well).  Casa de Campo is also a great place to play golf because you can play 3 good course in the Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore and The Links (easy course) at a shade under the Punta Cana courses.  If anyone is a real adventurer they can drive to the north coast (3 hours from La Romana 2 from Santo Domingo) and play Playa Grande. This is the real Pebble of the Caribbean, a Trent Jones Sr. design that was stashed away for over 20 years and was later built by the DR Government.  The conditioning is not what it should but just the views on the course and cheap price are well worth the drive.  If anyone needs any advise on DR Golf please shout out.

#10 Pingi

Pingi

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90394

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Do not miss playing Punta Espada......incredible course!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors