Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Wilson Staff FG 62 irons 3-PW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OffCourse

OffCourse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119351
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

• Wilson Staff Fg 62 irons:  $500 firm free shipping CONUS only.  Paypal payments preferred.
  • No trades and I'm not willing to split the set
  • 3-PW
  • DG S300 shafts
  • Standard Lamkin Crossline Grips
  • Standard specs:  37.75" 5-iron, 61 degree lie
These irons are in excellent condition; they've been played a few rounds only and many of the faces look unhit.  The rest look like they've hit a few balls.  Minimal sole and face scuffing.  None of them have been played out of bunkers, sandy lies or sand so there are no heavy scuff marks.

There is some very light bag chatter from being carried but these clubs have never been in a cart.

The nicest "used" set you'll find.

The PW shaft band is a standard True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shaft band (as opposed to the co-branded Wilson Staff / True Temper bands that are on the others) because that band wasn't applied fully, the adhesive got fuzzy and wouldn't stick any more so I replaced it with a band I had.

This is a backup set I had bought, but I'm ready to move on to something different after I wear my current set out, so selling these.

NOTE:  I have pulled the shafts and put proper 1" ferrules on these 'cause I couldn't stand those short ferrules with chrome rings they come with, these blades are just too nice for ferrules like that.

When I rebuilt these, I built them with a progressive swingweight, 3i-C9.5, 4i-D0, 5i-D0.5, 6i-D1.25, 7i-D1.25, 8i-D1.5, 9i-D1.5, PW-D2.25

Yes, slightly light swingweights and that is due to them being slightly light heads, they weigh like Mizuno "B" weight heads that they use for longer than standard lengths:  3i-236, 4i-243, 5i-251, 6i-258, 7i-266, 8i-273, 9i-277, PW-286

This is probably why W/S specs say they're built off a 38.25" 5-iron; at that length they would swingweight in the D3-4 range, whatever the case, they don't build them that way, I know because I've had 4 sets of these now and they were all built on a 37.75" 5-iron...

Pics of backs and faces are in order 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-PW

002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

008.JPG
013.JPG
012.JPG
010.JPG
001.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• 009.JPG

Edited by OffCourse, 23 July 2012 - 06:05 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tripnipp

tripnipp

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35729
  • Ebay ID:tripnipp
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

I vote these as the sexiest irons of all time...
Too bad on my best ball striking day ever, I couldn't handle these...
Oh well, GLWS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors