Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Downswing - What do pros feel?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ObieTrice5

ObieTrice5

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1255
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

On the downswing I feel my hands attacking the ball. I am a handsy player that fights hooks and blocks.

What am I supposed to be feeling on my downswing? Lead shoulder? Arms dropping?

Give me something to focus on, please! What should I be attacking the ball with?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 rocker40

rocker40

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97266
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

The hands follow my shoulder and arms. The hands are only along for the ride.

#3 hittindagreens

hittindagreens

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116796
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Low single digit:
Hands also along for the ride. Left hip feels connected to my right shoulder by a strong bungie cord.
Feels like my left hip and torso muscles are pulling as far behind me as possible.

#4 gspjeb

gspjeb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97905
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

low single here that plays with some pro friends from time to time.  One of the things they helped me with is the lag/tension feeling of the swing.  A drill they gave me that really helped my game a bunch is to feel like I turn my shoulder back and my hands stay in position for a split second....like I leave them in place and they are pulled by the tension of my core creating lag.  I get almost to the top and then switch direction with my core...this creates that same feeling as I move towards impact.  I have to concentrate on keeping my upper neck at the same level and feel the weight move to my left heel.  This really helped me and I started looking at a lot of the PGA guys and they seem to all do something similar to this.  The difference through impact is awesome feeling.  I believe there is a video of Mr. Hogan somewhere that shows him doing something similar.

I probably didnt do a good job of describing it...hopefully some others will be able to do it more justice.  Good luck to you.

#5 cullinaa

cullinaa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122115
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Posthittindagreens, on 14 July 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Feels like my left hip and torso muscles are pulling as far behind me as possible.

Can you explain this a little more.

#6 hittindagreens

hittindagreens

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116796
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hmm....
I guess My left hip starts moving as far from the ball as possible. Followed by the left side of my body pulling directly away from the target. Just rotation.

Sometimes it feels exactly like an unfolding lawn chair.

#7 Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73232
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

If you're fighting hooks and blocks you're coming into the ball too much from the inside and struggling to square the face.  Get your swing more in line with your body/set up and THINK LESS, especially about your hands and your release.  Shoot for a balanced, rhythmic swing to a full finish, and let the clubface timing and release mostly take care of itself.  You will have to find this exact timing for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors