Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

South Florida-walking courses

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oakley0284

oakley0284

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191610
  • Ebay ID:oakley0284
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Anyone know of courses in South Florida that will let you walk?  Seems like everywhere requires a cart.  I've only found 2 in my area (palm beach): Park Ridge in Lake Worth, and Delray Beach Golf Course in Delray.

I thought it would be nice to get a list of courses that let you walk for people's reference.  Please add any you know.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 eisen99

eisen99

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92367
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Always walked the Biltmore and also at Pembroke Pines...I wanna say Miccosukee let me walk too...

#3 oakley0284

oakley0284

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Boca Raton Municipal Golf Course- has a walking rate on their website
Osprey Point Golf Course (Boca)
Southwinds Golf Course (Boca)
CypressCreek (boynton) lets you walk november-april
Lakeview Golf Club (Delray)
Okeeheelee Golf Course  (west palm)
West Palm Beach Golf Course

#4 oakley0284

oakley0284

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

bump for 2013

#5 Dan Hauser

Dan Hauser

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228615
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Lone Pine Golf Club in West Palm has walking rates as well as the option of a pull cart. Not the nicest course in the world but it is cheap for the most part and since it it a shorter course (par 3s and 4s) I like it to work on my short game and to get some exercise walking. Another one is Jupiter Dunes. Its a par 3 course in Jupiter that allows you to walk. Those are the only public courses in the area that I am aware of that weren't already mention. Several of the private clubs give you the walking option with a caddie but those of course are tougher to get on.

#6 Lost Soul

Lost Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231507

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Osprey allows walking as well in west Boca, 3 pretty nice nines with good greens.

#7 bobcat

bobcat

Avid Golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

This time of year in South Florida, you must be wary of heat stroke should you choose to walk...oh and be well prepared for sudden rain with dangerous lightning, huge mosquitos, and those nasty little gnats in your face.   The itch you will be feeling all over your body, (beneath your clothes), actually comes from no-see-ems which are out there in mass too!

Enjoy your round, in spite of it all!   :superman:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors