Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Streamsong Resort in Central Florida

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Naylor09

Naylor09

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18436
  • Ebay ID:naylor9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

New Golf Resort opening up in Central Florida called Streamsong Resort. I know there are a lot of people out there who haven't hear about this place or have seen it yet but damn this place looks amazing. It is already being named the "Bandon Dunes of the East". This place has seemed to pop up with not a whole lot of buzz in my mind. I work at a big time course in central Florida and my head pro and I were the only ones who have even heard about it. The courses look amazing, it's hard to believe that this course is in Florida with a lay out like that. I just wanted to see what other WRX'ers have to say about this resort.

http://www.golfcluba...topic=46114.150
http://www.flickr.co...57624336297903/
http://www.golfdiges...reamsong-r.html

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 teejaywhy

teejaywhy

Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39565
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

The resort features 18 holes by Coore & Crenshaw and 18 holes by Tom Doak.   Enough said.

#3 fairwayallday

fairwayallday

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119340
  • Ebay ID:carycat71
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm planning on taking a trip out early next year. It's been on the radar for a while now.

#4 Naylor09

Naylor09

Tour Winner

• 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18436
  • Ebay ID:naylor9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

I just find it hard to believe that there isnt more talk about this course. Maybe golf digest will have to give it there 4 1/2 stars before it really blows up

#5 jschwarb

jschwarb

Rookie

• 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157177
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Played Streamsong today. It's not open yet (they're shooting for around the first of the year, pending clubhouse completion) but anyone who makes this haul won't be disappointed. It IS a haul, about 35 min south of Lakeland in true rural Florida. But that's what makes it great, it's a special piece of property with elevation and the native dunes and grasses of a reclaimed phosphate mine.

Will be very curious to see how the rating folks slot these courses in among the best in Florida, it's going to be in the conversation the day it opens.

Shameless plugs: I'll be writing more about Streamsong at this Facebook page. Follow me on Twitter too for more on Florida golf. (Thanks!)

#6 jnier75

jnier75

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147231
  • Handicap:10.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

View Postjschwarb, on 18 September 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Played Streamsong today. It's not open yet (they're shooting for around the first of the year, pending clubhouse completion) but anyone who makes this haul won't be disappointed. It IS a haul, about 35 min south of Lakeland in true rural Florida. But that's what makes it great, it's a special piece of property with elevation and the native dunes and grasses of a reclaimed phosphate mine.

Will be very curious to see how the rating folks slot these courses in among the best in Florida, it's going to be in the conversation the day it opens.

Shameless plugs: I'll be writing more about Streamsong at this Facebook page. Follow me on Twitter too for more on Florida golf. (Thanks!)

Do you know ballpark what the rates are gonna be?
The Bayou Club, Largo, FL
Lots of TMade clubs and an old SC putter

#7 CMUgol4

CMUgol4

17, 22, 26, 47, 55, 71

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32503
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Swee

So glad to hear it's good.  Playing there in late January, can't wait.  Any chance you can give a little bit of a breakdown between the Red and the Blue?  Is one better, are they 2 entirely different courses?
TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ B. Asha 7X
TM V Steel  15* w/ Oban Revenge 8 X
?!?!?
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1 (3-PW)
Scotty Cameron Golo
Ping Tour S 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black

#8 rufus mangler

rufus mangler

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16979
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Postjnier75, on 19 September 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

36 holes with breakfast, lunch and range balls, $399.
Hdcp 7
TM RBZ Tour 9
TM V-Steel 3/5 or 4/7
Ping Eye 2+ 4-LW
I like putters. I use 4 different ones.

#9 jnier75

jnier75

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147231
  • Handicap:10.2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Postrufus mangler, on 19 September 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

View Postjnier75, on 19 September 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

36 holes with breakfast, lunch and range balls, $399.

$400 bucks for 2 rounds? Woof. Think I'll wait a bit to see if they come out with some Florida resident summer discounts. Thanks for the info though.
The Bayou Club, Largo, FL
Lots of TMade clubs and an old SC putter

#10 act0fgod

act0fgod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132508
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postjnier75, on 20 September 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

$400 bucks for 2 rounds? Woof. Think I'll wait a bit to see if they come out with some Florida resident summer discounts. Thanks for the info though.

Wouldn't surprise me if the opposite happens and the rate to play one course goes to $400.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 jschwarb

jschwarb

Rookie

• 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157177
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

They will have Florida resident discounts for the summer, likely well under $100. They'll have to for a place that remote with the temperatures they'll get in the dead of summer. As for the $399/two rounds they're selling around the opening, that's comparable if not better than the top-shelf resorts they're going against -- Innisbrook, Reunion Resort, TPC Sawgrass, Hammock Beach, etc.

The courses are very similar. I talked to Bill Coore the other day and he said only the true architecture fans will really be able to tell them apart, and he's good with that. Crenshaw/Coore and Doak worked very much hand-in-hand, walking the property together and even building holes for the other's 18. I'm sure the course-ranking folks will put one ahead of the other, but I don't know how they'll do it. They're both excellent.

#12 FSCMatt

FSCMatt

Formerly the_matt5

• 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33851
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

This summer I had a chance to talk to Josh Lesnik who is the President of KemperLesnik. They are the company that is running Streamsong. He was telling me that this course will be one of the best in the southeast. Being a senior sports management major going to college in Lakeland, I'm going to try to get some more info about the courses and everything.

I start a sports marketing internship next week. Maybe they know some things that isn't public.

#13 AUTIGER07

AUTIGER07

Just lost $1K on a putt

• 423 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106429
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:auburncorn2007
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

I move from Lakeland to Chicago last year and this facility gets built. :russian_roulette:

Pictures of the course are awesome...may have to make a return trip for Streamsong and some Palace Pizza.
MP650 8.5* Axivcore 79X (44.5")
SF 2.0 TP Pro95 X ("42.75")
TI Rescue 19* RIP 100X (40.5")
MP37 4-9 DGX100 (+1/2")
VR Forged 48 / 53; Toe Sweep 58 DGS400
Versa #7-90 (34")

#14 T Shaf

T Shaf

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8606
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

I just got wind of this course and did a search to see what is being said about it.  It looks fantastic and I when I move to Fla soon I hope to get a chance to play it.  But seriously, $399 for 36, 30 min south of Lakeland? In this economy?  C'mon man, get real...didn't World Woods have a grandios vision of a high end resort? It's not like Lakeland is a hot bed of activity and it certainly isn't the only game in town resort wise what with it's proximity to Orlando.  Can't wait to get some great Golfnow deals in the future.  Still the courses look absolutely wonderful!

#15 T Shaf

T Shaf

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8606
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostAUTIGER07, on 07 October 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

I move from Lakeland to Chicago last year and this facility gets built. :russian_roulette:

Pictures of the course are awesome...may have to make a return trip for Streamsong and some Palace Pizza.

Wait one second here, are you saying you can't wait to get to Lakeland to have some pizza?  From Chicago?  I'm sorry but that's blasphemy.  Where are you in Chicago?

#16 AUTIGER07

AUTIGER07

Just lost $1K on a putt

• 423 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106429
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:auburncorn2007
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

I love Chicago pizza but the pizza from Palace Pizza in Lakeland should be illegal it's that good. Awesome place.
MP650 8.5* Axivcore 79X (44.5")
SF 2.0 TP Pro95 X ("42.75")
TI Rescue 19* RIP 100X (40.5")
MP37 4-9 DGX100 (+1/2")
VR Forged 48 / 53; Toe Sweep 58 DGS400
Versa #7-90 (34")

#17 stickfish

stickfish

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1921
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

In fiscal 2012 the owners generated a record $2.7 billion in cash from operations.   Seems they can do as they wish . . . do some research and you might conclude they have done exactly that with Streamsong for whatever their intent may be.
<><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors