Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

TaylorMade drivers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smitty72

smitty72

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31640
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Was wondering if anyone hit these drivers side by side and which do you prefer? and why ?
1 Taylormade burner superfast 2.0
2 Taylormade Rocketballz

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 steve_huck

steve_huck

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180828
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

I have hit both at the store. They are very similar in size and looks. To me the burner feels like butter off the club face, and sounds amazing. The RBZ felt dead to me but still mashed the ball.

#3 mpell17

mpell17

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171192
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Rbz tour in the bag.  Nuff said.  the more traditional shape vs the superfast fits my eye better and its just crazy long. As long as you can get over the sound at impact, its definitely a winner.
R1 Kiyoshi White 65 04 / 910D3 6.3ts
TM V Steel 15* 3-wood
Cobra S3 20* Hybrid / RBZ 23* 5-iron
J40 5-6 DPC 7-pw CB KBS Tour S
Scor 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Genius 12
Ping Wack-e Black Pingman Grip

#4 Ajlepisto

Ajlepisto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177842
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

RBZ no question. I believe there's a significant difference in the shafts as well.

I balloon the Superfast 2.0 stiff, and really smash the RBZ tour.

That said...I went with the Cobra AMP 3w because it's $130 and gave me really similar performance and was much easier to control.

#5 ruascott

ruascott

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139371
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Why not look for a club that doesn't cost a fortune for average at best quality with junk stock shafts? TM is a marketing company, and that's about it.

#6 xerpro

xerpro

Is it weird that my 3 wood has lower loft than my driver?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142335
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

View Postruascott, on 27 June 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Why not look for a club that doesn't cost a fortune for average at best quality with junk stock shafts? TM is a marketing company, and that's about it.

WOW you really woke up today pissed at TM....The OP was looking for opinions on which driver was better between the SF 2.0 and RBZ, not I hate TM because I suck and cant hit/afford their clubs...12 years...Do you know what that is? #1 driver for 12 straight years.....
52%....Do you know what that is? 52% market share of ALL metalwoods sold in 2012....
Clearly, save your hatred for another time or place....And do us a favor, and dont hit the TM equipment...You might hurt your "Too cool for TM ego"

OP, the differences are subtle, but make a big impact on your game.
SF 2.0 is 46.5" RBZ is 46"
Although they both use 48 gram shafts, the 2.0 is a little lighter.
Across the face, the ball speeds are similar, but the shorter shaft provides a little more control.
If you are the type of player that would benefit from adjustability to improve launch angle or eliminate 1 side of the course, RBZ may be the better bet. I would go and hit both of them, and get fitted if possible.
Hope this helps....
If you need any further clarification or arent able to get fitted, PM me....
SLDR WHITE 10.5 ADDI 6
SLDR MINI 12* ADDI 7
CB5 18* 5 wood ADDI7x/ Adams VST 21
Adams TI MB2 Ctapers
Manta 33"
MD2 52/58 Recoil Proto 125 F4

#7 ruascott

ruascott

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139371
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

View Postxerpro, on 27 June 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

View Postruascott, on 27 June 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

WOW you really woke up today pissed at TM....The OP was looking for opinions on which driver was better between the SF 2.0 and RBZ, not I hate TM because I suck and cant hit/afford their clubs...12 years...Do you know what that is? #1 driver for 12 straight years.....
52%....Do you know what that is? 52% market share of ALL metalwoods sold in 2012....
Clearly, save your hatred for another time or place....And do us a favor, and dont hit the TM equipment...You might hurt your "Too cool for TM ego"

OP, the differences are subtle, but make a big impact on your game.
SF 2.0 is 46.5" RBZ is 46"
Although they both use 48 gram shafts, the 2.0 is a little lighter.
Across the face, the ball speeds are similar, but the shorter shaft provides a little more control.
If you are the type of player that would benefit from adjustability to improve launch angle or eliminate 1 side of the course, RBZ may be the better bet. I would go and hit both of them, and get fitted if possible.
Hope this helps....
If you need any further clarification or arent able to get fitted, PM me....

Yeah sorry about that...not normally this grouchy, I'm done, i promise. Sorry for interrupting the thread. Gl to the OP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors