Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dynamic Gold XP vs Dynalite Gold XP

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mattco

Mattco

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180724
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

I got fitted via the Mizuno fit tool thing today and the shaft recommendations were Project X 6.0 (not a fan of the PX iron shafts), KBS Tour X and the Dynamic Gold XP X100.  The DG XP really intrigues me as I have always loved True Temper shafts.  I am looking for the Dynamic Gold XP shafts and they are only OEM shafts.  When you look at the specs, the Dynalite Gold XPs match the Dynamic Golds.

Is there a difference between the two or is a branding OEM thing?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 1008

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Dynalite historically have a high flight and Dynamic is low - different step pattern.  I have a set of DG XP's in some Wishon heads and like them.  Trajectory is medium to medium-low.  Wedge shots had enough spin to hold the green.  Just the way I'd expect.

Edited by Nessism, 24 September 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#3 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3108

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Has anyone actually gamed the Dynamic XP x100's?? Are they like KBS Tour?
PING Anser 8.5/Ahina 70x
Mizuno Mp 650 15/Aldila Vs Proto 80x
Mizuno Mp 650 19, 22/Aldila Vs Proto 95x
Mizuno Mp 53 4-pw/PX 6.5 Satin Prototype
Mizuno Mp T5 52, 58/DG x100 (8i)
Odyssey White Ice #7
WITB Link

#4 Mattco

Mattco

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180724
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostNessism, on 16 June 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Dynalite historically have a high flight and Dynamic is low - different step pattern.  I have a set of DG XP's in some Wishon heads.  Haven't hit them yet but the waggle test shows they are pretty much true to flex.

reading the description of both on the TT site, the XP means a higher launch.  I wonder if the Dynamics are just slightly lower than the Dynalite?  I am a very low ball hitter so the higher ball flight is what I need, but the recommendation was for the Dynamic Gold XP so i was just curious.

#5 Mikey K

Mikey K

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136112
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

I use Dynalite Gold XP S300's in my AP2's. They produce much higher spin and higher flight. (For me at least). The regular Dynamic Gold XP S300's I had a much lower launch and the ball would run out more.

EDIT: Both the same distances for me though

Edited by Mikey K, 16 June 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#6 DaveMac

DaveMac

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27975
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

The Dynamic Gold XP were exclusive to Mizuno until the start of this year but they are now available as part of the True temper range, so they are readly available from golfsmith, golfworks ect. They have a similar butt stiffness to dynamic gold but have a more responsive tip increasing launch and spin. The tip has some project x technology in it to help retain stability.
I guess your optimiser readings show an early to mid release factor >5, which is why it is recommending slightly softer tip shafts.

#7 mizunostaffer

mizunostaffer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2663
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

just curious as to what flex would be suitable for me in the dynalite gold xp?

My six iron speed is 90 mph, I think in my shaft optimiser fitting last year I was 4s on everything, Im looking for a high ballflight, but want to get the flex right. mizuno fitting said standard dynamic gold S300 would be perfect flex wise, does this equate to a standard dynalite xp S300, or would I need to hard step them slightly?

Thoughts?

#8 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostDaveMac, on 17 June 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

The Dynamic Gold XP were exclusive to Mizuno until the start of this year but they are now available as part of the True temper range, so they are readly available from golfsmith, golfworks ect. They have a similar butt stiffness to dynamic gold but have a more responsive tip increasing launch and spin. The tip has some project x technology in it to help retain stability.
I guess your optimiser readings show an early to mid release factor >5, which is why it is recommending slightly softer tip shafts.

Taylor Made had Dynamic Gold XP and Mizuno had Dynalite Gold XP.  Both were exclusive for a while but I think True Temper has expanding their offering recently.  I think they are still OEM only though.

The DG XP is lighter than a regular DG shaft.  Given they are lighter, it makes sense that they could be more flexible but not by a whole lot.

Edited by Nessism, 24 September 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#9 Wardman

Wardman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168797
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

If by OEM, you mean only available from Mizuno or TM, that is not the case.  I reshafted from the Ping Z-Z65 to the Dynalite Gold XP S300's this year.  I've found them nice to hit and they get the ball up rather easily.  If I go with the Ping i20's next year, I may shaft them with the DL too.

#10 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostWardman, on 15 October 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

If by OEM, you mean only available from Mizuno or TM, that is not the case.  I reshafted from the Ping Z-Z65 to the Dynalite Gold XP S300's this year.  I've found them nice to hit and they get the ball up rather easily.  If I go with the Ping i20's next year, I may shaft them with the DL too.

Are you directing this to me?

According to True Temper, Dynalite Gold XP was exclusive to Mizuno, and Dynamic Gold XP was exclusive to Taylor Made until this year.  They only recently opened up these offerings to other OEM's and (maybe) the general public.

Edited by Nessism, 16 October 2012 - 07:06 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 SheriffBooth

SheriffBooth

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17355
  • Handicap:3.4
  • Ebay ID:yakima2k

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I play the Dynamic Gold XP in my Nikes and like them quite a bit.  For me they play almost identically to DG S300's that I've played in other sets, maybe a slightly higher ball flight, but I appreciate the 10-15g in weight reduction.  I have not hit Dynalite Golds to be able to compare.
Cobra Bio Cell + 9.5* Red Tie S 45"
Cobra Bio Cell + 3/4 (13.5) Diamana D+ 72 S
TM UDI 2-iron, DG XP S300
TM SLDR irons, 4-AW, DG XP S300 +1"
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & 60 WS DG S300 +1"
Bettinardi BB5, 35.5" SS Claw Grip

#12 Geohans

Geohans

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29545
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

True Temper site is still showing the Dynamic Gold XP as exclusive OEM.  Both Taylormade and Nike have managed to get them; Mizuno no.

DynaLITE Gold XP, on the other hand, is no longer exclusive to Mizuno.

#13 Geohans

Geohans

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29545
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

doubletap

Edited by Geohans, 20 October 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#14 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204765
  • Ebay ID:seasterl
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I thought the two shaft options available to the club fitters is the "Dynamic Gold" or "Dynalite XP" but I read that here and other threads "Gold" and "XP" get thrown around and used for describing both shafts.  I've been on the fence, too, about deciding between the two shafts.  The Dynalite XP feels slightly better to me, but the Dynamic Gold gives the best weight (and SW) with satisfactory ball flight.

#15 mizunostaffer

mizunostaffer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2663
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Im ordering a dynalite gold xp x100 for my 4 iron, as an experiment to raise ballflight. Going to soft step it once. Thinking regualr dg s300 in the rest of the irons however, but interested in the dynamic gold xp, 5-pw if anybody has feedback?

il report back on results

#16 Wardman

Wardman

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168797
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostNessism, on 16 October 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

View PostWardman, on 15 October 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Are you directing this to me?

According to True Temper, Dynalite Gold XP was exclusive to Mizuno, and Dynamic Gold XP was exclusive to Taylor Made until this year.  They only recently opened up these offerings to other OEM's and (maybe) the general public.

Sorry for slow reply - I ordered and installed Dynalite Gold XP S300's ion May of 2012 right from the TrueTemper catalog/site (GolfGalaxy did the install).  They are in Ping i15's right now, and were on the TT web site at the time too.

Weird.

Edited by Wardman, 31 October 2012 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors