Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

Adidas Crossflex

37 replies to this topic

#31 I Suck

I Suck

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126362
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Played one round in these and I had several grommets come loose that go around the laces eyelets.  Not too pleased about this.  Returning them for something else.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 ZBigStick

ZBigStick

Yeehaw!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13111
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

They are amazing.  Exactly like adidas running shoes, with better grip and a slight bit more stability with the sole flare.  I wear them at work, and occasionally on the course.  They do dirty easily and they do run narrow.  Which is perfect for me.  They should offer a wide, then everyone could enjoy them.
Callaway FT Tour 10.5 X-Con 5
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 15 Diamana Blue 83
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 20hy Kuro Kage 80
Callaway X-Proto 24, Apex Pro 5-A PXi
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54/58 PX
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra

#33 firstbatch

firstbatch

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53057
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Mini review:

Bought a pair of grey.  Normally wear 11 in most brands but needed a 12 in the Crossflex. Played a tournament round this past weekend and wore the True PHX for round 1 and tried the Crossflex for round 2.  I walk and carry and with a typical D width but kind of wide at the toes so  Adidas has never fit for me in the toe box  regardless  that they fit lengthwise.  I like the Adidas style but they design consistently with a pointed/narrowing toe box. Just too scrunched up in the toe box, especially for a walker.

When I tried them on in the store I was impressed with the adequate roominess in the toe box even though they "looked" slim.  Certainly nothing like the room in the True toe box but they have excess room.  Also liked the lightness  and glove like fitting of the Crossflex.

Was a little concerned going from zero drop no heel in the True to the running shoe type heel in the Crossflex but never gave it another thought once I hit a few warm up shots.

Traction was excellent and never a hint of slippage even though we were dew sweeping.  Really liked the no clogging cleat style that would not gather up grass debris like most soft spikes.   I would grade the Crossflex at 1 to 2 point higher ( 10 scale) then the True in sole comfort but both are fine for me. Crossflex is firm under foot but softer.  Trues are just plain firm.....barefoot essentially.  The key for walking in a zero drop style is you need to slightly adjust your gait to not promote a heel strike.  Not a issue for me as I have pairs of Vivobarefoot  for training and it is the same deal.  It is actually more bio-mechanically correct form, but some may not like it.

Bottom line......I really liked the Crossflex and they provided all round walking/carry comfort and traction.  I 'm keen on the style, the grey should  do fine not displaying dirt as I'm sure the white may get a bit dingy.  But hey they make black if your a mudder.  For under a $100 retail, hey I scored a pair on the bay for $80, they are a great golf shoe and made an easy transition as casual shoes when I stopped at the store on the way home.from the course.

I think Sergio must be in love with the Crossflex as he has worn every colorway for every tournament I have seen him in for the past couple months.

So if they fit "your" foot then can't imagine you wont want multiple pair at these prices.  Probably a shoe that will be good for a full season rotated and then off to the bin.   With no wide offering, if that is your sizing then the Crossflex would be a no-go.  If Adidas is smart they should offer these up in a wide for 2013.    Think I will pick up a another pair as trainers.  Great shoe!

#34 I Suck

I Suck

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126362

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

returned today for Puma Ace 2s.  Love them so far.

#35 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109340
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

I have a pair of these for sale, I sized up .5 a size but they were too big.

http://www.golfwrx.c...e-85-worn-once/

#36 Huskerfan

Huskerfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122256

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Can anyone comment about the white/red or all white/blue? I am concerned about how the material will soak up dirt and what they look like after a couple of rounds. Trying to decide if I should go with the gray or white.

#37 ZBigStick

ZBigStick

Yeehaw!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13111
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostHuskerfan, on 20 November 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Can anyone comment about the white/red or all white/blue? I am concerned about how the material will soak up dirt and what they look like after a couple of rounds. Trying to decide if I should go with the gray or white.

I think both will soil up in the break over your forefoot.  Get some Scotchguard or the like and pick up either pair.
Callaway FT Tour 10.5 X-Con 5
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 15 Diamana Blue 83
Callaway X2-Hot Pro 20hy Kuro Kage 80
Callaway X-Proto 24, Apex Pro 5-A PXi
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54/58 PX
Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra

#38 lenny318

lenny318

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139412
  • Ebay ID:Lenny318
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I bought a pair and have had 4 rounds on them (black/green).  I bought them for multiple reasons.  They are really comforatable, I wanted something light weight, waterproof and spikeless.  Since I play in NJ and fall golf your spikes usually get Sh!&&ed up with leaves and goose s%!t!  These worked perfectly!

UNTIL........Like another member mentioned I had 4 grommets (eyelets) come loose and after my last round I found theses were not waterproof (wasnt raining just wet grass) and my right foot along the crease in the forefoot is where the shoe was letting water in.

Shoes went back.

Until then I thought I had found a shoe for fall golf.  I did slip a few times but that could of been the swing more than the shoe and I really liked the fact they were spikeless. Oh well, gonna try the Nike bandon shoe next........

Edited by lenny318, 05 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors