Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf in St. Louis, MO

75 replies to this topic

#61 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151963
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

WTF! I remember seeing that on the news here in San Diego and I didn't put the two together. Crap, I'm scheduling my round there next Thursday. My bday is today and I signed up for their free round offer, hoping it would still work (technically 8th day past my bday). This is crazy. Is the course still open and can you still play the 14th hole?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 PooN

PooN

poor little ball...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125767
  • Ebay ID:hydrogenalized
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postthevaporz, on 20 March 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

WTF! I remember seeing that on the news here in San Diego and I didn't put the two together. Crap, I'm scheduling my round there next Thursday. My bday is today and I signed up for their free round offer, hoping it would still work (technically 8th day past my bday). This is crazy. Is the course still open and can you still play the 14th hole?

I'll be there next Friday.  Lookin like it's gonna be pretty cold. :censored2: :angry22: :censored2:

Highs in the 40's, lows in the low 30's all week. Looks like the weekend might warm up to the mid 50's, but that is just a forecast 10 days out.

#63 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

^Yeah, definitely cold for a SoCal dude! It might rain Thurs too, so gonna pack some raingear. Hopefully all goes well. I'm glad I checked this thread again though for the news about the sink hole! Such a weird thing to happen. I saw it on the news out here but didn't catch the course name. I'm visiting family in Oakville MO Wed then Peoria IL the rest of the weekend so Thurs is my only day of golf (Aunt is nice enough to give me a lift to Waterloo). One of the other guys here invited me to meet up in Peoria too but unfortunately I won't be able to play again. Likewise, you guys let me know if you're ever coming to San Diego and we'll get out somewhere (year round). Cool peeps on WRX. Will report back with a review/pics after my trip. Excited to check out Annbriar.

#64 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Called the course to check on conditions and there's still snow on the grounds today! Supposed to warm up to low 50s by Thurs so hopefully it melts off and I can still play at 12:39pm.

#65 PooN

PooN

poor little ball...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

We have re-routed our trip to Nashville, TN instead of St. Louis because of the nasty weather they got this passed weekend.

#66 jewofgolf

jewofgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20264
  • Ebay ID:tourgolfstuff
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

thevaporz, make sure you let me know if you are available Friday.  I'll be going to Metamora fields in the afternoon and I can pick you up if need be.

#67 JB57

JB57

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115350
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postjewofgolf, on 26 March 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

thevaporz, make sure you let me know if you are available Friday.  I'll be going to Metamora fields in the afternoon and I can pick you up if need be.

Didn't Metamora get a lot of snow last weekend?   Bloomington got 10 inches and there is no golf in the near future.

#68 noraagolfs

noraagolfs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5309
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm heading to St. Louis for my son's hockey tournament, it is the weekend of April 12,13, and 14th. We are staying at the Hampton Inn just over the river. Not really going to have alot of time for a round of golf, but a great practice session would be just as enjoyable. Do you guys have any suggestions for a close to my hotel practice facility?

Plus, being from the Chicago area, we are going to the Blackhawks vs. Blues game. Add some golf, it will be the perfect weekend trip.

THANKS,
AARON

#69 PooN

PooN

poor little ball...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Anyone think the courses will be playable this Friday & Saturday?

#70 squeaker squeaks

squeaker squeaks

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76726

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostPooN, on 27 March 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

There's still quite a bit of snow on the ground. It's been melting pretty fast where the sun can warm the ground, but it's still piled high outside my office windows. I wouldn't want to bet on golf for Saturday at this point.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 jewofgolf

jewofgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20264
  • Ebay ID:tourgolfstuff
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Im not sure how this snow wont melt by the end of the day tomorrow in both STL and Central IL...its getting to the low 40's here with sun today. Tomorrow will push 50.

#72 ckates7

ckates7

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110215

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

View Postnoraagolfs, on 27 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

I'm heading to St. Louis for my son's hockey tournament, it is the weekend of April 12,13, and 14th. We are staying at the Hampton Inn just over the river. Not really going to have alot of time for a round of golf, but a great practice session would be just as enjoyable. Do you guys have any suggestions for a close to my hotel practice facility?

Plus, being from the Chicago area, we are going to the Blackhawks vs. Blues game. Add some golf, it will be the perfect weekend trip.

THANKS,
AARON

closest would be gateway national on the illinois side of the river. should be only 10min from you.

#73 cbehan

cbehan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31381
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostPooN, on 27 March 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I'm getting emails from most courses saying they're open....but I'm not sure how playable they will be.    The ground is pretty much mush everywhere here now that most of the snow has melted.

That being said, highs of 60 and 62 and mostly sunny on both Sat and Sun.   It will be good golf weather.

Let we said before....the weather this time of year could be anywhere from snow to 70 and sunny.

#74 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I played Annbriar last Thursday at 11am and I had a great time out there! There was still a bit of snow on the ground but it didn't affect play much (no lost balls!) on the front nine. The back nine was really sloppy, though, as much of the snow had turned into mud. Temp in the 50s and really windy. I played by myself and there was one member in front of me for about 5 holes then he was gone. I took my time taking in the views and finding about two dozen lost balls (mostly premium balls). Hole #13 was brutal! The tee box said 175yds to fairway over the deep ravine and I crushed a driver which I thought must have cleared it. Nope. I spent about 15 mins recovering balls in the thorn bushes on the left and finally found my ball short of the fairway in the thick grass. Then I hit the big tree protecting the left side of the green. #16 was #1 handicap but with the wind coming in hard on #13 I felt like it played a lot harder.

Rental set was i20 irons, hybrid and 3 wood and Cally Razor Hawk Tour driver. First time swinging the i20s and I liked 'em a lot. Overall, it was a great experience. Thanks for the recommendation, guys. Annbriar worked out perfectly.

Here are few pics. The one on the green is #7 I believe. The greens were in fine shape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by thevaporz, 03 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#75 cbehan

cbehan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31381
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

glad you enjoyed it.   It's still my favorite STL area course, sinkholes be damned.

#76 thevaporz

thevaporz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Dude! My trip was so hustle and bustle and I was so excited to play that I totally forgot about it! Hahaha. Okay, so it was on 14, but I never saw any warning signs or any sort of filled in area at all. That's a cool looking hole too. Downhill, slight dogleg left with a huge tiered green. I wonder where it was on the fairway?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors