Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The "New and Improved" MG Tour C4 Golf Ball?

It is a different ball!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Moc247

Moc247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120710
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

I love the C4 ball and have played it for a couple years (maybe longer).  I've tried many other balls over this time, but always ended up going back to the C4.  I just loved the feel and had better results (especially with the putter and driver).  The price was just a bonus.  

I just got my new shipment for the season (they've been on back order for months) and was surprised to see that it is a completely different ball!  It now has fewer dimples, different dimple shape and a completely different cover.  It now in what I call the "soft/mushy" feel category instead of the more "clicky" feel that it used to have and what I prefer.  I could tell as soon as I took one out of the box and confirmed it with some chips and putts in my living room.

I am very disappointed, especially since I purchased 6 doz!  I just paid a visit to the site and see that they do talk about the "new and improved" design, although they show a picture of the old ball.

Has anyone played the "new" version of this ball that can give impressions?  I guess I'll find out this weekend, but I will probably end up sending these back.  What a bummer!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Larry14

Larry14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118608

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

For sure a different ball, I wonder if it is made by Callaway (top flite) or is this one imported as no country of orgin "made in" appears in ad or on box?"  Spins more then old c4, does have a more "sticky" cover, does not wear well I have not got one to last more then 6 or 7 holes yet.

#3 jimnycricket65

jimnycricket65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207837
  • Ebay ID:jimnycricket65

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

i have soley used their gloves for over ten yesrs.ince in a while i get nike,adidas,footjoy gloves but i like mg elite - and its price.i am going to try thier ball too.

#4 nitram

nitram

Take Dead Aim

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Handicap:+2.7
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'd never heard of these before until two weeks ago. I was at a tournament near Houston and my playing partner gave me one to try. To be honest, I blew it off and stuck it in my bag to add to the shaggers. I was practicing some chips last Friday and I ended up hitting this ball a few times and it was very consistent. I ended up hitting a few short pitches and it was very predictable. By now it had my interest and I took it to the course. I played 9 holes with this ball and I can honestly say it performed exactly like a Pro V1. The distance is good, the approach shots were predictable and the short game consistency was excellent. And to top it off, most of you will understand me when I mention the sound of a Pro V on a 12-foot putt being the "perfect" sound. Well, this C4 sounds exactly the same. I haven't ordered any of these yet because I have too many new balls laying around already and quite frankly I prefer the V1X/330 type of ball. But if I played the V1, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a few dozen whether I could afford the V1's or not.
SLDR 430 JDM 10* Matrix TP6HD
Exotics CB2 15* Matrix TP7HD
Exotics CB5 2H/17 Fujikura 904HB
Bridgestone J40 CB 3-P DGTI X100
Miura 1957 C57/Y53 DGS400
Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)

#5 Conman48

Conman48

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144049
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've never heard of this ball ever?  Who makes it and where do you guys get it at?

#6 M23

M23

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48893
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

http://www.mggolf.com/balls.asp?ru=0

#7 Cherry Ghost

Cherry Ghost

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 163785
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

So how did the "new and improved" version play compared to the older version?

#8 LOVE4LPGA

LOVE4LPGA

TOUR GRADE POSTER

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84151
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostM23, on 25 October 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Still considered re-badged Hogan balls or is that rumor put to rest ?

#9 Demo1

Demo1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48402
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I found that the original ones had poor durability.  The paint chipped off very easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors