Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

It may not be the longest........but could very well be the best!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I cannot get over how good the Ping i15 three wood is........in stock form with the UST Axivcore shaft it is the "maytag washer" of three woods.

It simply keeps on performing, the "new" has never worn off and the performance is exactly what you need in a three wood. It has a penetrating flight that will bore thru the wind, it flies straight and true, and it gives you the same reliable shot time after time.

Most three woods are evil vile things that need to be drug home behind the truck and locked in a closet........not this one.

I admire Ping's dedication to their customers, their employees, and their inovations.

The i15 three wood may not be as long as a Tour Edge Exotic, as flashy as a Taylor Made Rocket Balls, but when you need dependable performace every time.........the i15 three wood is the club!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 SSafran

SSafran

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54569
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have the same club.  It's been in the bag for over a year and will likely stay there for a while.  

I like that it's flat....56 degrees and you can order it even flatter custom from Ping.  Mine's at 55 degrees which is PERFECT.

I like that the head is no nonsense, classic looking and that the shaft is stable and strong without being too stout.  It's really a perfect 3 wood shaft where you want control but not a boardy feel. 0.335 tip makes a difference here.

I like that this club hits bullets.  Very penetrating and straight.  I wish it were a wee bit more forgiving but it's a better club than I am a player (I'm a 3.5 hcp)

I like that this club gives me the opportunity to hit a great shot every time.  I don't always deliver but if do, this club will.

I can't even look at a RBZ  3 wood....way too upright and the white head is nasty.  

This club looks great and feels great but it won't do you any favors.  You have to hit it.

#3 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well said........ :drinks:

#4 MrFlapjack

MrFlapjack

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46436
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Okay, I guess I have to be the first to say it....

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

My job is done.
Cleveland XL Custom or Adams A4 9015
TEE XCG-3 15 deg - BlueBoard83x
TEE XCG-6 3,4,and 5 hybrids XH105 M5
Bridgestone J40 DPC - Steelfiber i125s
Cleveland Classic # 6 - 100gm TLP
Mizuno MP-T4 50, 54, 58

#5 driverHATE

driverHATE

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175146
  • Ebay ID:bglunnysu
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

How does the i15 stack up against the i20?  I was messing around at the local golf shot and hit the i20 for the first time and was very impressed.  Based on these reviews, I will be trying the i15 next time I am in (never hit a ping FW before this).

#6 PINGWRXforeme

PINGWRXforeme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117189
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

My PING G20 4 wood is one of my favs in the bag.

#7 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Another golf season winding down in the Midwest and the i15 three wood has survived all challengers. I have a G20 driver with the stock Tour stiff that I love, so I had to try a G20 4 wood with the same shaft.

It is a very nice club as was the i20 three wood I tried............but neither could quite knock the i15 three wood from the bag. The club is not the most forgiving, doesn't fly the highest, or go the farthest...........but it inspires confidence..........and has plenty of "sizzle" when used properly.

it's still awesome.........

#8 Halebopp

Halebopp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184750
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I thought I simply couldn't hit a fairway wood until I tried my friend's i15 3wood with the UST stiff. Needless to say, about a week later I had the 15.5 with UST stiff and 18.5 with TFC. A week from that and I had the driver and a hybrid.

To me the UST shaft was a bit too much though, perfect off the tee with a nice fade. It suited a couple of holes at my home course perfectly blocking the left side out completely. But off the fairway I tend to hit a bit more carefully which caused it to slice. I really didn't want to let go of the club as I loved the penetrating ball flight but I got the 14-degree version with the TFC stiff. I get the same trajectory off it but it having higher torque, I get away with slower swings.

With i15 driver, 3w and 5w, I'm not even interested in looking at other woods. Except for the fact that, I'd like to build an all-Mizuno bag with MP-650 woods but the i15s are here to stay. Now I just need to find the irons I'd love just as much.

My friends talk about what I could do if I only had "easier" woods but for me, these must be the easiest woods out there.
D: Ping i20, 9.5*, NV Rip'd 65 X
3&5W: Mizuno MP-650, 15* & 18*
3H: Mizuno MP-650, 19*, Orochi Red, S
4-PW: Mizuno MP-57, Rifle 5.5
Mizuno MP-T4 52.07 & 58.10
Mizuno Bettinardi C-01H/BC-2
WITB Link

#9 juanki

juanki

mexican bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60587
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

i have the 3 and the 5 both with nvs 85s tipped 1.5 in pink. Love these clubs. I use them from the tee in almost every par 4 at my club, once i ended up abut 100 yds from the green in a 380 hole with my 14^. Had a bag upgrade this year and they didnt go anywhere.

#10 Night train

Night train

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

............and the legend grows

:smilie_ping:

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Enoch

Enoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200297
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yes. I still have one with a DVS 70x in it. But I found the g15 to launch a touch higher so for me it's a shot thats a touch more controlled anything ping is terrific though.

#12 pdaero

pdaero

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56310
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:pdhch85
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Game a 15.5*. It's the best feeling wood I've ever hit, and is especially good off the tee. Love mine!
TI TMAG R510TP 9* w/ MFS 65
PING i15 15.5* 3 wood w/ Tour Only XDV8
PING 20* i15 w/ Ozik Altus Hybrid X
Mizuno MP32 3-P w/ SS'd KBS Tour X
PING Anser Milled 0 34"
Vokey SM4 TVD 53*, 58* w/ S400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors