Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bushnell Tour V2

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MT_Sens

MT_Sens

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143217
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hi,I picked up a tour v2 rangefinder in the winter.  Today was my 30th round with it and took it out for my approach on #1 and it wouldn't turn on.  It seemed to work fine in the previous round and no indication of a low battery.  I was expecting the battery to last longer then this if it is indeed a dead battery.  Any tips or experience on how long the battery should last

Edited by MT_Sens, 25 May 2012 - 07:08 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 puttapotomus

puttapotomus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78386
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

If you got 30 rounds with it that is good compared to my V2.  Get about 15-20 rounds per battery.  I'll never buy another range finder with the CR2 type battery.

#3 MT_Sens

MT_Sens

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143217
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Thanks bud, just thought it was weird that I never got the low battery indicator

#4 phil75070

phil75070

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

I had a similar issue, tried replacing the battery with more than one and ended up sending it back for warranty repair. They claimed the problem was dirty contacts in the battery compartment and suggested using a pencil eraser to clean them. I am still running off the battery I put in it after its return and have not had any issues. I will have to see if the problem re-occurs if that eraser idea works. You might want to give it a try.

#5 poizster

poizster

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132044
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

Yea man it's wise to keep a couple spare batteries in your bag as those things crap out all too often.

#6 snagy2000

snagy2000

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

View Postphil75070, on 26 May 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

I had a similar issue, tried replacing the battery with more than one and ended up sending it back for warranty repair. They claimed the problem was dirty contacts in the battery compartment and suggested using a pencil eraser to clean them. I am still running off the battery I put in it after its return and have not had any issues. I will have to see if the problem re-occurs if that eraser idea works. You might want to give it a try.

I just sent my V2 back to Bushnell for warranty work.  Does anybody have an estimate on their turnaround time for repairs?

#7 BuckeyePaul01

BuckeyePaul01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193212
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I average 20 rounds+ per month during peak season with my TourV2 and go through about 1 battery every 2-3 months.   This is just a guestimate, but I'd say it's safe to say that I get at least 40+ rounds per battery and there is no "low battery" warning. I use it a lot during each round.... I keep a spare battery in my bag because when the battery goes......it goes!  It'll work just fine right up until it fails to turn on....LOL

A word of advice if you play infrequently........remove the battery between rounds if battery life is upsetting to you because it does drain when not being used. Secondly....have a replacement battery in your bag for convenience reasons.  For what it's worth, I prefer Energizer batteries because I am convinced they last longer.   Besides...the bunny proves it...LOL

For the person who said they only get 15-20 rounds from a battery, this can be true too.   How many rounds you get depends on both how often you play and how you use the laser. If you play 20 times a year......I wouldn't be suprised if it dies within 20 rounds.  ....especially if you leave the battery installed between rounds.  (not to mention the effect of cold on batteries)....ie...buy a new battery in the fall and leave it in your trunk all winter, don't expect many rounds of use in the coming spring!!!!!....LOL

IMO.....it's battery common sense.  Am I wrong?  I don't really see how a battery can be such a big deal.

Edited by BuckeyePaul01, 28 September 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#8 SMOKE614

SMOKE614

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205273
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

my stock battery died quickly. i put in an energizer battery and it's lasted the last few months. hopefully its just the stock battery having a short life and a new one works better!

#9 ladahl

ladahl

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I also always have a spare in my golf bag.  Everytime it's dies quickly and w/out warning.  

Love, love the V2 though
Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* Devo/Kiyo Gold
Callaway Big Bertha 17* BB 83S/Devo7 04
XH2P 20* F3 S / 23* F3 S
Callaway Apex 5-A TT DG TI X100 SS
WITB Link
Odyssey Japan White Damascus Xi #9
Callaway 54S & 58S/U/C MD2 TI S400

#10 MCCA

MCCA

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2694
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I play 3 to 4 times per week and just changed to a energizer in my V2 yesterday after 4 months.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 lost&found

lost&found

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174346
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostMT_Sens, on 25 May 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Hi,I picked up a tour v2 rangefinder in the winter.  Today was my 30th round with it and took it out for my approach on #1 and it wouldn't turn on.  It seemed to work fine in the previous round and no indication of a low battery.  I was expecting the battery to last longer then this if it is indeed a dead battery.  Any tips or experience on how long the battery should last

I bought the Tour Z6 last April.  My battery lasted until end of August.  I play 3-4 times a week.  There is supposed to be a "low battery" indicator but I had no warning.  Now I keep an extra battery in the bag.

#12 mdgboxx

mdgboxx

Put lipstick on a pig - - - it's still a pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61336
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Postputtapotomus, on 25 May 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

If you got 30 rounds with it that is good compared to my V2.  Get about 15-20 rounds per battery.  I'll never buy another range finder with the CR2 type battery.

Just came across this thread by accident.

I play every day, about 135 rds per season. More or less 7 months in my area. I have a Leupold GX3, I'm at the end of my third season and still on my SECOND Duracell CR2 battery. I very often hear about a Bushnell rangefinder going through batteries like they came new at half charge only. The V2 orange/gold is the one that is mostly mentioned.
DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5 w/169D-Tour, reg
3W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5 w/SV3005J, stf
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5 w/SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW w/CFS reg @ D2
WEDGES: Ping Tour-S, 54/10 & 60/10
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weight

#13 Titleist Striker

Titleist Striker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49708

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

My 2 cents, The facts are that every battery is different. Even if they are from the same manufacture. The V2 is pretty good and the batteries are just a side note and an after thought.
Just saying

#14 makaveli

makaveli

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99832
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

I got the patriot pack, love it.  My playing partners love it too.  I must use it almost every hole and I always play 18.  The battery that came with it had to last about 15 rounds.  When the original battery finally died the V2 just stopped working without slowing down first or the low battery icon showing up.  The patriot pack came with a spare battery so I had it in my bag plus its very easy to change on the fly.  Home Depot has the CR2 batteries in a 2-pack for under $10 (Duracell).  When I am lucky enough to play a course with prism's on the flagsticks the V2 gets the yardage in a split second, very fast.

#15 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 387

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

One of the reasons I chose the Bushnell Medalist was the fact that it used the easy to find 9 volt batteries. I can (and have) purchased replacements at the 7/11 on the way to the course.

I can go many rounds (40-50) before the low battery indicator lights. Even after the "lob" shows up in the display, I can go at least 3 more ROUNDS with the device.

That said, I always* have a spare in the bag.

*except for right now..... I replaced the battery with the backup bag battery a few weeks ago and haven't replaced the backup battery....

Posted Image

#16 Titleist Striker

Titleist Striker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49708

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

I got about 20 rounds and some range before the battery died. All ways,All ways keep an extra battery in your bag.
I love mine and never go to the range or the 1st tee without it.
Hope this helps.

#17 bluebug

bluebug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59877

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I have a Bushnell Scout, which I believe is the same as the V2, and the battery lasts about 20-30 rounds.  I go through a battery almost every season. My playing partner has a Leupold GX1 and his lasts about twice as long.  I also think the greater magnification on the Leupold is helpful.

#18 cardia10

cardia10

Your mom goes to college

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11435
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I would imagine for a low handicap golfer and a high handicap golfer there could also be a big difference. I probably punch the button 20-30 times more a round which would equate to 1.5 rounds of golf compared to a scratch golfer. I guess if I would hit the ball less, my battery would last longer.

#19 Vasqualo

Vasqualo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125348

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Ok, I'm a little lazy and haven't read this whole thread however.... I have the exact same device and purchased 2 years ago. My battery still works and it's the same battery since install. If you twist the battery release latch just enough that it's on it's last revolution before release (still attached to unit, and battery can't fall out.) THe battery will come lose and not be snug and active inside it's compartment. I assume you store the device in the supplied pouch so there is no chance of losing the battery or lid between rounds. You can check the device is completely without power by trying to read a distance . Just leave it in this state between rounds.

Oh and I've only used the device for a full round of 18 holes around 10-12 times...
I tend to use the garmin watch unless the course isn't mapped ie castle course standrews.

I think this is the best solution..

#20 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1359

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I've had the 9V Medalist for several years. Basically however long it's been since they first hit the market. The original battery got weak after a couple years so I replaced it. The second battery worked fine ever since. A couple months ago I finally put a fresh one in there just because I figured it had to run out some time soon but it still was no sign of dying.

Then again I have some rounds where I don't even carry it and when I do have it I only use it 10-12 time a round at the very most.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors