Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf in LA & Vegas

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrymonster

Lawrymonster

The Lawrymonster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45137
  • Ebay ID:focusdteg
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hi everyone,

Going to be in LA & Vegas in late November and early December this year.  I'm am Aussie Pga member and am looking to play a fair bit of golf while there. Going to be staying in Century City area in La, and in  Vegas at the NYNY and Luxor.  I  have 6 days in each location.

I have emailed LACC and Riveria outlining my dates and asked if there was the possibility to play there, but i have had no response.

In Vegas i'd like to play TPC Las Vegas again (played in 08 there) and i understand Summerlin is across the road, so i'd like to play there also.

but I need your help, where else is there close(ish) that you have any suggestions, of if you have, or know someone at one of the private clubs where I may not be able to get in i'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance, and looking forward to reading from you soon.

Dave

Edited by Lawrymonster, 25 May 2012 - 03:56 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Snow Mountain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16582
  • Ebay ID:MdTerps1989
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Should have no problem playing both TPC Las Vegas and TPC Summerlin.  All you generally have to do is contact the head pro and they will hook you up.

Another suggestion might be Southern Highlands which is private and holds an annual collegiate tournament.

#3 Bombn

Bombn

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5004
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Dragon Ridge and Rio Secco are also very accommodating to PGA members. My order here would be Southern Highlands, Then TPC Summerlin, then Dragon Ridge, and lastly Rio.

#4 Karch

Karch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177442
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

LACC is next door to Century City.  North course is the famous one.

Riv is probably not too easy to get on, but worth a shot.

Bel-Air CC is also a very good course, not far.

A bit further, and very good track, though only 6700 last time I played, is El Caballero CC in Tarzana, CA.

Industry Hill, Eisenhower, if you want to go public.  It's pretty tough.

Valencia CC, north of the city, is a good RTJ Jr. course that I used to play in the 80's, though it's private now.

Sherwood CC, where Tiger plays his thing in December,  is great, (Nicklaus course), but good luck, lots of high-end members.

Traveling further north, La Purisima is a great course about 2 hours north, have tour qualifying there sometimes.

If you want more, let me know.

#5 Lawrymonster

Lawrymonster

The Lawrymonster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45137
  • Ebay ID:focusdteg
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thanks everyone,

I've emailed LACC and Riveria but no response.  

TPC Las Vegas,  the head pro Todd Hajduk was most accomodating last time (2008), will look into the others.

Sherwood would be cool, and Bel Air also.

Any other suggestions would be most welcomed. As i've said only there for 6 days in each location, so there for a good time! :)

P.s if anyone knows how to hook me up to get into the Cameron studio that'd be greatly appreciated! lol.

#6 one putz

one putz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 158437
  • Handicap:15.6
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Moorpark CC is also good in the LA area.

If you're willing to go as far as La Purisima you could also consider Sandpiper which isn't quite as far.
Callaway RAZR Hawk 9.5*
Callaway X Hot 15*
Adams a12 19*, 21*
Callaway RAZR X 5-AW
Cleveland CG15 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line

#7 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostItinerant Golfer, on 30 May 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Wolf Creek is about 90 minutes north of Vegas and is supposed to be awesome.  In the LA area Rustic Canyon is one that is supposed to be really good.  Its about 45 minutes from the part of LA you will be in.

stick to the video game for wolf creek, that way you wont be disappointed.

#8 Karch

Karch

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177442

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Not a fan of Moorpark, at all.  Rustic, to me, is much more fun.

#9 smith7200

smith7200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185738

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Agree with Karch.

Rustic Canyon or Tierra Rejada are both fun courses.

#10 Holeinone2012

Holeinone2012

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183772
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Rip Secco is great and in LA drive out to the Desert and at the Stadium course at PGA West. Rancho Mirage Country Club is good too.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors