Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Where do you find values for OLD Ping Putters?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 puttermom

puttermom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180272
  • Ebay ID:Grinder31
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Need help with finding out values of old Ping Putters.  Father bought back in 1999 and have been preserved immaculately.  I need a reference to assess value for sale of collection.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!!

Scottsdale 1A Putters
Ping by Karsten  1A Putter  - Box 1345, Scottsdale Ariz - Pat Pending ( no MOD is on the sole) - Double Bend shaft - Original  Pro Only grip - Clean!!!
Ping by Karsten  1A (slighty below & to right is the # 15) Putter  - Box 1345, Scottsdale Ariz - Pat Pending ( no MOD is on the sole) - Straight Shaft- Original Pro Only grip - Clean!!!
***Both of the above putters have U.S. Pat No. 3,042,405 stamped on the left torsion sole***

69BC Putter
Scottsdale 69BC (non-croquet) - US Pat No. 196,734 with original Golf Pride Informer pistol grip - This model does not come with a sight-line - CLEAN!

Attached Thumbnails

• Concert & Ping 003.JPG
  • Concert & Ping 004.JPG
  • Concert & Ping 006.JPG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

ebay

#3 Clambake

Clambake

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94215
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Maybe pongman.com.     He's put together a guide to identifying old Ping clubs, and has quite a few older putters on his website.

#4 danattherock

danattherock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98548
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

While some putters look like others, some can be quite rare (valuable). Be wary of anyone telling you they are not rare, then offering to take them off your hands. Odds are the putters will have nominal value to a collector. To be on the safe side, I would send the info to Ping and get their thoughts on the rarity (if any) of the putters.

If they were special to your father, you might consider keeping them in the family. My suspicion is you will not be impressed with the monetary value of these putters. However, sentimental value, especially for future generations of your family, may be immeasurable. Food for thought at any rate.

Dan

Edited by danattherock, 23 May 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#5 puttermom

puttermom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for all your help!!!   I have thought about calling Dalton (the PongMan) to see if he can evaluate.  I have his old guide but not the new one.

Ebay scares me.  I would hate to sell  them and then find out that I was ripped off because of ignorance.  I love GolfWRX for this very reason.......

Dan.....Thanks for the info - Noticed you were from the Pinehurst area.  I had the privilege of playing #2 with my father after the US Open.  Amazing course!!!

Edited by puttermom, 23 May 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#6 bellview17

bellview17

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105758
  • Ebay ID:bellview17
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

They are not worth much, I can take them off your hand for you.    Posted Image

Really, they are worth what someone will pay for them.

The P on the 69 did catch my eye.

Edited by bellview17, 23 May 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#7 Tyler08

Tyler08

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137431
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I wondered the same thing i found a ping zing becu putter  brand new the one with no paintfill.

Still have the stickers on it and the grip looks brand new.

I have absolutely no idea the value of it.
Ping Anser 9.5 Rip Red Eye X flex
07 Burner TP 14.5 stiff
Ping Rapture Driving Iron COMING SOON
Ping S56 4-pw KBS Tour Stiff Black Dot
Scratch 8620 53*, 58* D/S grind
Odyssey Metal X #7Mid,cut down with S/S

#8 puttermom

puttermom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

I know the putters were bought at  a premium back in 99.  According to Bobby Grace's "Guide to Collecting" Book, the Scottsdale 1A putters are circa 66/67. The only thing the guide gives are descriptions of the different models.    I just don't have a current market value to place on them.  Knowing that they were bought at a premium from a reputable source, makes me wonder if they are rare and are they still valuable??????  Is there a specific site for Pings like the cameroncollector.com is for Scotty's?????

#9 MixedBag

MixedBag

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142199
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

I know little about Ping putters, but I have watched the market.  AND, the market is in the toilet.  Of course, you only have to find 1 certain buyer but it's going to be hard for anyone to determine value when many haven't been selling (most are hanging on to the rare putters until the market comes back even more).  Certain brands are still hot (still not as hot as they were) and I would only worry about selling those brands for now.......... unless you just have to sell them all now.  Again, that's my $0.02 and I probably have no clue.   good luck

#10 puttermom

puttermom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Ha ha ha.....Your guess is as good as mine....LOL...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors