Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Diamana whiteboard or matrix 6m3black tie

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tiffandgolf

tiffandgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155889
  • Ebay ID:tiffandgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

What is the difference here,  or are they rather similar.   Which one do u guys prefer?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tiffandgolf

tiffandgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Anyone?

#3 knarfgnourt

knarfgnourt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107453
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

i hit the ahina and the 6m3 black tie recently in a fitting.  I thought they were similar in terms of launch (both low/mid) but the 6m3 was lower in spin, probably the lowest in spin of anything I hit.  I ended up going with the 6m3, very consistent shaft.

#4 tiffandgolf

tiffandgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Anyone hit the Whiteboard 63g and the Black Tie, really stuck between these two and head some comparison.  I have hit the whiteboard and got good results but can get the driver I like with Black Tie much cheaper.

#5 harleypitbull1

harleypitbull1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54876
  • Ebay ID:harleypitbull1

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I saw a post the other day about the black tie shaft coming in some drivers as a 6.3 i believe. Your statement about being able to get the black tie shaft alot cheaper than the whiteboard makes me think you are getting a "made for" version of the shaft.

#6 tiffandgolf

tiffandgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

It is the one in the Adams LS, it its suppost to be the real thing.  The diamana in the new Razr Fit is an extra 250 dollars trying to decided if it is worth the extra 250.  I hit the Razr great, but if I can get adams for 250 less and get same results I may go that route.  Just need some expert advise on these two shafts and not getting much input.

#7 Vision54fan

Vision54fan

Tour Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39015
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I hit the 7m3 and ahina 70x, went with the ahina 70x smoother feeling in my mind.
Sldr 460 Toe Screw 10.5 Tour Spec 7.2x
Sldr Tour Spoon Tour Spec 7.2x
Sldr #5 Tour Spec 7.2x
Tour Preferred MB 4-P S300
XFT 54/58 s300
Taylormade Spider Blade

#8 harleypitbull1

harleypitbull1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Posttiffandgolf, on 04 May 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

It is the one in the Adams LS, it its suppost to be the real thing.  The diamana in the new Razr Fit is an extra 250 dollars trying to decided if it is worth the extra 250.  I hit the Razr great, but if I can get adams for 250 less and get same results I may go that route.  Just need some expert advise on these two shafts and not getting much input.

That is the exact club they were talking about. I dont know for a fact but I think they said it was a 6.3 shaft or something similar to that. Just looked on adams website,,,the shaft is a 6m3.1   meaning it is a made for version. But it could still be a good shaft.

Hard to believe Adams or any manufacture can put a 300 dollar shaft in a club and sell it for 400. What is your swingspeed and what kind of ball flight do you have right now and what are you hitting.

Edited by harleypitbull1, 04 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#9 eracar

eracar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34939
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postharleypitbull1, on 04 May 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

That is the exact club they were talking about. I dont know for a fact but I think they said it was a 6.3 shaft or something similar to that. Just looked on adams website,,,the shaft is a 6m3.1   meaning it is a made for version. But it could still be a good shaft.

Hard to believe Adams or any manufacture can put a 300 dollar shaft in a club and sell it for 400. What is your swingspeed and what kind of ball flight do you have right now and what are you hitting.

I contacted both Adams and Matrix to try and find out whether 6M3.1 in the Adams LS is the real deal.  Adams told me that it's the real shaft Black Tie, but it's labeled as 6M3.1 for inventory tracking purposes.  The rep from Matrix told me the following in an e-mail, his exact words verbatim:

I'm sorry, but we cannot make comments regarding shafts made for OEMs.  Having said that, the two shafts should play "very similar".  (He quoted it in the e-mail)

Not sure why the Matrix rep would say very similar in quotes.  I would be more convinced if he said something to the effect of the playing characteristics of both shafts are the same.  

Still not sure at this point.

#10 harleypitbull1

harleypitbull1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

View Posteracar, on 04 May 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

View Postharleypitbull1, on 04 May 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I contacted both Adams and Matrix to try and find out whether 6M3.1 in the Adams LS is the real deal.  Adams told me that it's the real shaft Black Tie, but it's labeled as 6M3.1 for inventory tracking purposes.  The rep from Matrix told me the following in an e-mail, his exact words verbatim:

I'm sorry, but we cannot make comments regarding shafts made for OEMs.  Having said that, the two shafts should play "very similar".  (He quoted it in the e-mail)

Not sure why the Matrix rep would say very similar in quotes.  I would be more convinced if he said something to the effect of the playing characteristics of both shafts are the same.  

Still not sure at this point.

I had several friends try to tell me the xcon in the Titliest drivers were the real deal. After I had paid 300 for my aftermarket shaft. Its possible that these oem companies could buy so many shafts that it makes it feasible to put a 300 dollar shaft in a club and sale it for 400. But I highly doubt they are the same shaft. I think it would a bad decision for the shaft company to flood the market with a shaft that could be pulled a year later and bought for almost nothing as opposed to someone buying a new shaft from the company. But that is just my opinion,,,it could be the exact same shaft,,,but I highly doubt it.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

The off the shelf xcon in the Titties was never real, that's common knowledge, nor were the Speeders and various others. To their credit recent models have had  PX's that are real deals.

Adams is hard to pick because they have had real deals and made for's so nothing can be taken for granted. Just for starters the 9015D's sported absolute made for's but to their credit they didn't exactly disguise them as anything. They have long had real the Altus in their hybrids including the more recent gorgeous looking white one.

eracar is right in that the 6M3.1 is not yet fully verified. Many that have hit the Adams  as well as the  Matrix have almost all said it's the same. Plenty of others that have hit plenty of top shelf tip stiff shafts seem to think it's a great chance of being real. I don't think i've heard of anyone saying it's playing like a watered down shaft or weak in any way.

The Adam's Fubuki's are a great chance of being real tho some claim they are made in a different factory. If so maybe that's how they keep the cost down enough to put such expensive shafts in these Adam's.

The full blown 6M3 is in all likelihood be a bit lower launching and spinning than the WB. Apparently they have a very unique feel tho and most either like it a lot or hate it, so be aware of this.

I have a Fast 12LS 6M3.1 due in about 4 days so will be able to give a good review of the shaft in a week or so. At present i am gaming two TM's, one with an Ahina 70s, the other with a DI7s. Recently i've hit (and presently own)F6M2, F7M2, WB73s, 7B3, Quattrotech 7s, HD7s, HD6s, Fubuki Alpha 70s, Fuji 7.1s, etc, etc. Lets see how it compares to these, i'm expecting it to be in line with these shafts.

Edited by Qegurezi, 04 May 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#12 nutted

nutted

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81259
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

They are pretty similar.  I think feel goes to the whiteboard but I have never liked the feel of Matrix shafts.  I think the matrix was lower launch and lower spin.  Never thought the whiteboard was truly low launch. Always been mid launch for me.
SLDR 430 10.5* 757 x
Burner HFS PX 8AA4
G25 20* AD UT-85x
MP-68 4-PW  X100
Scratch DW Raw 50,55,60
T.P. Mills Ming Tour /Pro V1X

#13 eracar

eracar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34939
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostQegurezi, on 04 May 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

The off the shelf xcon in the Titties was never real, that's common knowledge, nor were the Speeders and various others. To their credit recent models have had  PX's that are real deals.

Adams is hard to pick because they have had real deals and made for's so nothing can be taken for granted. Just for starters the 9015D's sported absolute made for's but to their credit they didn't exactly disguise them as anything. They have long had real the Altus in their hybrids including the more recent gorgeous looking white one.

eracar is right in that the 6M3.1 is not yet fully verified. Many that have hit the Adams  as well as the  Matrix have almost all said it's the same. Plenty of others that have hit plenty of top shelf tip stiff shafts seem to think it's a great chance of being real. I don't think i've heard of anyone saying it's playing like a watered down shaft or weak in any way.

The Adam's Fubuki's are a great chance of being real tho some claim they are made in a different factory. If so maybe that's how they keep the cost down enough to put such expensive shafts in these Adam's.

The full blown 6M3 is in all likelihood be a bit lower launching and spinning than the WB. Apparently they have a very unique feel tho and most either like it a lot or hate it, so be aware of this.

I have a Fast 12LS 6M3.1 due in about 4 days so will be able to give a good review of the shaft in a week or so. At present i am gaming two TM's, one with an Ahina 70s, the other with a DI7s. Recently i've hit (and presently own)F6M2, F7M2, WB73s, 7B3, Quattrotech 7s, HD7s, HD6s, Fubuki Alpha 70s, Fuji 7.1s, etc, etc. Lets see how it compares to these, i'm expecting it to be in line with these shafts.

Found this on another thread on the site:

It is a made for but it is a fantastic shaft. Based on comparison to the specs on the Matrix website the 6M3.1 in the Fast12LS is lighter (70.5g to 66g) and has lower torque (3.4 to 3.6) than the real deal. Here are the responses I received from Adams and Matrix when I inquired about the specs of the 6M3.1 shaft:

From Matrix:

Sorry, you will have to ask Adam's Golf for those specs. We are not allowed to comment on proprietary OEM shafts.

Joseph

From Adams:

Drew,
Thank you for your email. The following are the specifications of the 6M3
Weight: 66grams
Torque is 3.4 degrees
We do not use CPM to decide flex. We use an Adams Golf engineered flex system. The flex will be Extra stiff on the Black Tie. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Sincerely,
Robert Rumble
rumbler@adamsgolf.com

http://www.golfwrx.c...with-black-tie/

I found the specs of the Matrix 6M3, looks like the weight of 70.5 grams and torque of 3.6 for x-stiff referenced by the previous poster is correct as per Matrix's website:

http://www.matrixsha...&type=W&flex=XS

Per the information from the Adam's rep, it does appear there are some subtle differences between the 6M3 and the 6M3.1.  Interesting...

Edited by eracar, 05 May 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#14 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 1170

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Im no shaft expert, but there seems to be a lot of info left out.  Weight issues can be explained by comparing a full length, uncut shaft vs. a cut shaft that will be installed in a driver.  Also (and this is only my theory), some made for shafts are identical to the real thing, just labeled differently.  This is simply to keep the real deal market afloat.  Even if the shaft is identical, it will have a different model number which will prevent it from being the "same thing" as the $300 shaft.  The Nike VR Str8 Fit voodoos were a good example of this.

Edited by RJRJRJ, 05 May 2012 - 03:22 AM.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#15 savarini

savarini

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137603
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

View Postharleypitbull1, on 04 May 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

I saw a post the other day about the black tie shaft coming in some drivers as a 6.3 i believe. Your statement about being able to get the black tie shaft alot cheaper than the whiteboard makes me think you are getting a "made for" version of the shaft.
MADE FOR MADE FOR MADE FOR GUARANTEED!!!!

Choose 2 B GR8T !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors