Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

VEGA WEDGES by KYOEI forging house JAPAN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joey3108

joey3108

Proud founding sponsor and pioneer of golfwrx

• Charter Sponsors
  • 7,776 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi All,

First, try to visit VEGA site to see what head style they have available for purchase.

I will add some pictures as we discuss/interact here.

These are definitely one of the best feeling wedges in the market and shape options as well. Soft high quality carbon steel with conforming grooves.

The two model I like the most are VW-04 and VW-10. 04 head has slight less rounded toe and slight less off set compare to the 10.

The picture below are the two raw version with custom grind on them. Yes, they do have room depending specs you like to build them at of course. 04 in Black oxide and 10 in tumbled finish.

Asking any question regarding these wedges and I will try to answer as much as possible.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG-20120426-00139.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 herebirdiebirdie

herebirdiebirdie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392126
  • Handicap:17.8
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

I just had a friend give me a couple of VW-04 wedges with Shimada shafts (50* & 56*). I usually play the ball back, hands forward but that doesn't seem to work that well with this grind... I seem to be better off with the face slightly open, ball forward or both for better use of the bounce. Does that sound right?

As for the toe relief, I don't really understand it's purpose other than to grip down with the heel off of the ground and use a putting type chip stroke?

Any information on how to use this particular grind would be greatly appreciated!! Or maybe the differences between this one (VW-04) with a very straight leading edge and the majority of other wedges with rounded leading edges? I love my 60* VW-06, but it plays very different than the VW-04. I'm very interested in learning how to use these amazing instruments!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors