Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Played golf with Tony Romo.....can you say long ball?

144 replies to this topic

#31 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 2875

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostPingG10guy, on 29 April 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

facts...not opinions

Attachment romo.jpg
By this logiq Shaub is a better QB than Big Ben and Eli. Common PingG10Guy.... Get your Cowboy loving blinders off. Romo is a underachieving QB to date that needs to put in the time that the greats do. He spends too much time on the course and not enough working with receivers and preparing his team. Ever hear the saying in sports "you are what you are" and Romo is above average in the regular season and that's all he is.

OP: sorry to get off topic but I had to get that off my chest. Cool story and awesome experience. He sounds like a down to earth/great guy. Thanks for sharing!!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

So passer rating proves he is a top 5 QB? So Alex Smith is a top 9 QB, over Newton, Roethlisberger, Vick (just to name a few)? Posted Image

#33 Walkin36

Walkin36

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122104
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Sounds like you had a good time! I actually played often with a good friend of Tony's back home and he says next time he comes down here (I just moved to TX) that we are all going to play a round together. I will believe it when I see it, but  this guy isn't really a BS'r.

#34 PingG10guy

PingG10guy

Major Winner

• 3,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77622
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 29 April 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Romo is a underachieving QB to date that needs to put in the time that the greats do.

You are correct.  Sorry if I was force feeding you guys this stuff and I apologize.  Although Romo's first several seasons as a starter are as good as/if not better than the guys called the "greats"(they were underachievers once too)...the "greats" have had twice as many seasons as starting QB than Romo.  It is way to early to tell where he will end up.  Im definitely not calling the guy a HOF.  But he does have the highest 4th quarter rating of ANY active QB

Im just saying as a honest and realistic Cowboys fan (which I hate sometimes)...If you think Tony Romo is a bad thing for the Dallas Cowboys then you dont understand that football is a team sport.  Quarterbacks put points on the board when they run the ball in themselves.  Although they play a large roll, quarterbacks dont win games.  And when a team loses (Ive seen some really good examples) the QB is rarely to blame.  You may feel that way when the clock is winding down and somebody throws a pick then ESPN comes on saying "awww he blew it" but the honest truth is all the mistakes made in the other quarters of regulation by the rest of the team put them there.  And thus, saying things like "he's just not getting it done" or any variation of the aforementioned statement----about any QB at all----reflects a lack of football IQ.

It's kinda like Ben Hogan saying that golf tournaments are won by playing all 72 holes.  If you miss a birdie putt on the last hole of a tournament for the win or to get in a playoff then you dont "choke", you just made too many mistakes on the other 71 holes and shouldnt have been in that situation.

#35 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Look at the recent SB winning QB's. You have to go back to 2003 to find one that will not be in the HOF. Romo has made some bad decisions at the end of games. He needs to change that and be a better leader.

#36 Pure745

Pure745

VaporWRX

• 6,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1996

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 April 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Look at the recent SB winning QB's. You have to go back to 2003 to find one that will not be in the HOF. Romo has made some bad decisions at the end of games. He needs to change that and be a better leader.

Or draft your boyfriend, Matt Barkley :man_in_love:  Joking, but also serious haha!
SLDR 460 9.5˚ - Aldila Rogue 70TX
Bio Cell+ Tour Issue - Rombax P95
Titleist 712U 2-3 - DG Tour X100
Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-9 - DG Tour X100
Vokey SM5 47˚, TVD 54M & 60M
Scotty Cameron 009, Nike Rory Prototype
WITB Link

#37 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostPure745, on 30 April 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 April 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Or draft your boyfriend, Matt Barkley :man_in_love:  Joking, but also serious haha!

Unfinished Buisness baby!!! Only 126 days until the  season starts, but whos counting?

#38 sigmapete1

sigmapete1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32468
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostPingG10guy, on 29 April 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Posttonyy, on 29 April 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

View Postismashedit, on 29 April 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Top 5 QB usually has a ring.  Brady, Roethelisberger, Brees, Manning, Manning

I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Ben IMO.

I like Tony Romo but definitely not a top 5 QB. I agree with top 10-12.

facts...not opinions

[attachment=1142074:romo.jpg]

As a Giants fan, let me be the first to congratulate Tony on getting the best of Eli in the QB Ratings race.  We unfortunately had to settle for that other trophy this year.

#39 tbowles411

tbowles411

It's Paige Ocktobur - October. You're welcome.

• 19,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2008

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

View Postswbyps, on 29 April 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Romo..I'm glad you get a chance to get out and play a few rounds from time to time. BUT..You better get my team into the playoffs this year or going to be pissed..again.
When you have no protection, your runnning game in a cast on the bench and no secondary help, it's not his fault.  Hopefully this year will be different with some key additions.  He can't play defense too.

As for the golf, that's amazing he got to play with him.  I'd be Star-Struck!  HA!  :D

#40 Lefty94

Lefty94

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53667
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Great story...seems like a decent guy. With that said I hope he stays Dallas' QB forever....because that means an enternity of underachieving! However Tony Romo can't shoulder all the blame. A large portion goes to Jerry Jones, who doesn't really know as much about football as he thinks he does. If he did he would hire a REAL GM to manage the football side. He would have also hired a coach that doesn't get out coached everygame......and he sure as hell would have fired that know nothing, idiot DC Rob Ryan. How can someone grow up in a house with the legendary Buddy Ryan and not have basic understanding of defensive schemes or how to make any sort of adjustments? It boggles the mind. But like I said Dallas sucks, and I hope they suck for years to come.

X Hot Pro 9.5 Fubuki Alpha
X Hot 3wd 15* PX 6.0
X Hot Pro 3hy PX 6.0
'09 X Forged 4-PW PX 6.0
Scratch 8620 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Protype #2, Callaway Supersoft

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
GolfWRX Likes : 579

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

PingG10guy just let them be man.. You can't try to educate uneducated fans on a message board. Anyone that puts him in the same group as Matt Ryan, Michael Vick and Phillip Rivers don't watch enough football. He scrambles and makes throws that very few QB's in the NFL can make.. He hasn't had a decent running game (until this year) since Marion Barber about 4 years ago.

I could point out that stats, but when you're on the other side of the fence stats don't matter.

What matters is that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were better QB's than him or Dan Marino because they have rings..

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 30 April 2012 - 08:45 AM.

8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

#42 The GreekGrind

The GreekGrind

Invictus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4403
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

Nice flush; great story!  Sounds like it was loads of fun.  Thanks for sharing.   :good:

Edited by The GreekGrind, 30 April 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#43 gmangolf

gmangolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

[/quote]

+1

A lot of pro athletes are cool. I meet a lot on the golf course by me, mainly former basketball players. Went out with kerry kitties (was on the nets) and this guy was probably one of the coolest guys I met on the golf course. We talked about going out to bars and hooking up with chicks. He told me he was going out to the bars down the shore and just hook up w/ random girls there. He was also really good too. I want to say like a 5 handicap. I met john starks (knicks pg), some baseball players and michael strahan. All of them were really cool. John starks takes golf way too seriously though haha.

[/quote]

John Starks took a LOT of things way too seriously.  Ha.  That guy was intense!

#44 Jack Pearsall

Jack Pearsall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125708
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

I was just kidding about him throwing late and all.
He's actually a very good QB on a flawed team.
Put him on the 49ers, Super Bowl!
Titleist 909DC 9.5*
Taylormade 300 Series 15*
Srixon ZR-UTI 18*
Srixon Z-TX 3-PW
Odyssey XG #3
Zodia 52*, 56*

#45 HackerVance

HackerVance

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151241
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Congratulations on such a memorable experience.  Interesting to see how such a great thing for you brings out all of the Cowboy haters.  Just being  jealous.

#46 rustyputterguy

rustyputterguy

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13018
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostTim Delgado, on 29 April 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Stats aren't everything...... winning is.
Hey, Skip Bayless, this is not a Tim Tebow discussion.
Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5
Titleist 909F3 15.5
Nike VR-S Covert Tour #3
Mizuno MP-59
Miura Black Wedge Series 52,56,60
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2

#47 CaddiesFault

CaddiesFault

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152241
  • Ebay ID:brentregis
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

nfl network just came out with a top 100 list. romo was 91st. im guessing there were more than 5 qbs ahead of him...

#48 greens hit

greens hit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55587
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostPingG10guy, on 30 April 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

Romo is a underachieving QB to date that needs to put in the time that the greats do.

You are correct.  Sorry if I was force feeding you guys this stuff and I apologize.  Although Romo's first several seasons as a starter are as good as/if not better than the guys called the "greats"(they were underachievers once too)...the "greats" have had twice as many seasons as starting QB than Romo.  It is way to early to tell where he will end up.  Im definitely not calling the guy a HOF.  But he does have the highest 4th quarter rating of ANY active QB

Im just saying as a honest and realistic Cowboys fan (which I hate sometimes)...If you think Tony Romo is a bad thing for the Dallas Cowboys then you dont understand that football is a team sport.  Quarterbacks put points on the board when they run the ball in themselves.  Although they play a large roll, quarterbacks dont win games.  And when a team loses (Ive seen some really good examples) the QB is rarely to blame.  You may feel that way when the clock is winding down and somebody throws a pick then ESPN comes on saying "awww he blew it" but the honest truth is all the mistakes made in the other quarters of regulation by the rest of the team put them there.  And thus, saying things like "he's just not getting it done" or any variation of the aforementioned statement----about any QB at all----reflects a lack of football IQ.

It's kinda like Ben Hogan saying that golf tournaments are won by playing all 72 holes.  If you miss a birdie putt on the last hole of a tournament for the win or to get in a playoff then you dont "choke", you just made too many mistakes on the other 71 holes and shouldnt have been in that situation.

You've got to win the fourth quarter, and Romo rarely does that in games that matter.  I'm a Seahawks fan.  I have Romo to thank as a place holder.   He chokes when it matters.  And shines when it doesn't, 1-3 qtrs and games 1-10.

#49 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

View Postgreens hit, on 30 April 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostPingG10guy, on 30 April 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

You've got to win the fourth quarter, and Romo rarely does that in games that matter.  I'm a Seahawks fan.  I have Romo to thank as a place holder.   He chokes when it matters.  And shines when it doesn't, 1-3 qtrs and games 1-10.

Your post is the perfect example of why we can't have informed discussions about football on this board.

2011 4th quarter stats:

91-148 1215 yards 10 TD 2 INT with a 104.4 rating.

2009 4th quarter stats:

100-157 1316 yards 8 TD 2 INT with a 101.8 rating.

I didn't include 2010 because he missed half the season. You can ride these stats off if you will, but if you choose to do that then feel free to stop arguing that he can't get it done in the 4th.

Weeks 10-17 of 2011

169-239 1946 yards 18 TD 3 INT 114.8 rating

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 30 April 2012 - 02:57 PM.

14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x

#50 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 30 April 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

PingG10guy just let them be man.. You can't try to educate uneducated fans on a message board. Anyone that puts him in the same group as Matt Ryan, Michael Vick and Phillip Rivers don't watch enough football. He scrambles and makes throws that very few QB's in the NFL can make.. He hasn't had a decent running game (until this year) since Marion Barber about 4 years ago.

I could point out that stats, but when you're on the other side of the fence stats don't matter.

What matters is that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were better QB's than him or Dan Marino because they have rings..
Romo over Rivers, eh? Let me ask you this- are you a Cowboys fan?

Edited by scratchswinger, 30 April 2012 - 03:51 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 April 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

View Postbaseballfrk8998, on 30 April 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Rome over Rivers, eh? Let me ask you this- are you a Cowboys fan?

Let me ask you this: Did you see Rivers play last year? Come on man..

Edited by baseballfrk8998, 30 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x

#52 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• 6,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 733

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

There have been a lot worse QB's than Romo to win a Super Bowl, Jeff Hostettler and Trent Dilfer come to mind, they just had a defense and a running game that could carry a team, all those guys had to do was not screw up.  Romo has to carry the Cowboys.  True he hasn't done as good a job of carrying the team as say Brady or Manning did a few seasons, or even Elway did a few seasons but I think his is a great athlete and a sold QB who if he has a team around him could easily win a SB.  

Lots of Cowboy haters out there, and probably for good reason but Tony is not their problem.  

As for the OP's original post, cool story, and Tony can really golf his ball.
Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood,Ping I20 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#53 swbyps

swbyps

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54354
  • Ebay ID:bkammons
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 30 April 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

View Postswbyps, on 29 April 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Romo..I'm glad you get a chance to get out and play a few rounds from time to time. BUT..You better get my team into the playoffs this year or going to be pissed..again.
When you have no protection, your runnning game in a cast on the bench and no secondary help, it's not his fault.  Hopefully this year will be different with some key additions.  He can't play defense too.

As for the golf, that's amazing he got to play with him.  I'd be Star-Struck!  HA!  :D

You're right. It wasnt his fault....this time. Prior to last season...it was his fault! I give him full props for the 2011 season. He had a great year. Showed me some things I didnt think he had. That said, as much as I hate to say it, 2012 will be the 3rd year of my firm belief that this team will not go to the SB with Romo as the QB. Romo is a good QB, but most of the time in todays NFL (unless you have a superior defense like the Bears a few years ago) at some point the QB has to take over and play at an elite level and make elite plays when it counts..Romo doesnt do it. Romo is a better QB than Ely....until it counts. Look at Ely...hes mediocre all season...until it counts. Romo...every time he drops back in a big situation, I pray he doesnt throw a pick, fumble, or have some crazy freak play go for 6 the other way. Im telling you man, Romo has a knack for having something bad happen at the most inopportune time. Nice guy...nice face of the franchise...hell of a golfer...not going to get us to the SB.

Edited by swbyps, 30 April 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#54 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Postsigmapete1, on 30 April 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

As a Giants fan, let me be the first to congratulate Tony on getting the best of Eli in the QB Ratings race.  We unfortunately had to settle for that other trophy this year.

Good one! and Very true. According to this cowboy lover eli is a bum, a bum that has two rings!!
Romo needs to stop playing golf and practice with his receivers.

#55 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

View Postswbyps, on 30 April 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

You're right. It wasnt his fault....this time. Prior to last season...it was his fault! I give him full props for the 2011 season. He had a great year. Showed me some things I didnt think he had. That said, as much as I hate to say it, 2012 will be the 3rd year of my firm belief that this team will not go to the SB with Romo as the QB. Romo is a good QB, but most of the time in todays NFL (unless you have a superior defense like the Bears a few years ago) at some point the QB has to take over and play at an elite level and make elite plays when it counts..Romo doesnt do it. Romo is a better QB than Ely....until it counts. Look at Ely...hes mediocre all season...until it counts. Romo...every time he drops back in a big situation, I pray he doesnt throw a pick, fumble, or have some crazy freak play go for 6 the other way. Im telling you man, Romo has a knack for having something bad happen at the most inopportune time. Nice guy...nice face of the franchise...hell of a golfer...not going to get us to the SB.
+1.... Look at the recent SB Winning QB's.

*Eli
*Rogers
*Brees
*Roethlisberger
*Eli
*Peyton
*Brady
*Brady

Look at the SB MVP's.

*Eli
*Rogers
*Brees
*Holmes
*Eli
*Peyton
*Branch
*Brady

See a trend of great QB's leading their teams to championships.

#56 swbyps

swbyps

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54354
  • Ebay ID:bkammons
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 April 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

*Eli
*Rogers
*Brees
*Roethlisberger
*Eli
*Peyton
*Brady
*Brady

Look at the SB MVP's.

*Eli
*Rogers
*Brees
*Holmes
*Eli
*Peyton
*Branch
*Brady

Yep...And those QBs come up BIG late in games, late in season, and into the playoffs. Not only that, but how many of them had what you would consider and elite defense? Pittsburgh..Giants..thats about it. Most of those guys are just great all the time, but not Eli or Roethlisberger. Both of them, especially Ben, play a little above average most of the time. Then when they need to, they step up to elite status. Romo racks up stats all season, but when we need him to step to the next level late in the season or playoffs he doest do it.

EDIT: Oh..But I hear he goes 400 off the tee

Edited by swbyps, 30 April 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#57 TheGeekGolfer

TheGeekGolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103159
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

That sounds like alot of fun, I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was a kid, Staubach, Too-tall, Dorsett, Coach Landry, awesome.  I had to ignore them for a few years when they had Aikman, couldn't stand him, being a WSU Cougar we don't go for those UCLA grads.  But, I like Romo and have seen his golf game on TV, pretty impressive.  I played a random round with Curt Warner, ex Seattle Seahawks running back about 8 years ago.  Really nice guy, decent golfer, shot something in the high 70's to low 80's if I remember correctly.

#58 FlushContact

FlushContact

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120620
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

We didn't really talk about football at all. We did have a moment where a UPS driver started driving his truck as soon as Tony took his swing, then Peter joked and said must be a redskin fan lol. We had a lot of laughs and it was just a casual round with the guys. Just didn't want to be that guy always asking him questions and bothering him the entire time.

#59 Tim Delgado

Tim Delgado

In Vino (and Golf) Veritas

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3858
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

View Postswbyps, on 30 April 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 April 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

*Eli
*Rogers
*Brees
*Roethlisberger
*Eli
*Peyton
*Brady
*Brady

Look at the SB MVP's.

*Eli
*Rogers
*Brees
*Holmes
*Eli
*Peyton
*Branch
*Brady

Yep...And those QBs come up BIG late in games, late in season, and into the playoffs. Not only that, but how many of them had what you would consider and elite defense? Pittsburgh..Giants..thats about it. Most of those guys are just great all the time, but not Eli or Roethlisberger. Both of them, especially Ben, play a little above average most of the time. Then when they need to, they step up to elite status. Romo racks up stats all season, but when we need him to step to the next level late in the season or playoffs he doest do it.

EDIT: Oh..But I hear he goes 400 off the tee

Exactly.

To the Romo fanboy.....If you think a QB isn't the main reason a team wins (or in Romo's case...loses) in the postseason, YOU don't know football.

Tim

Edited by Tim Delgado, 01 May 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#60 lukesmurf59

lukesmurf59

Look at me, look at me... WHA-PANG!! LET'S GO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122208
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Cool!  Would love to see his WITB but I just can't root for a Cowboy.

Let's go super bowl champion Giants!

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT 60S
Titleist 913f 13.5 Diamana S+ 72 S
Callaway Razr X Tour 18 Fubuki AX 400h X
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18 PXi 6.0
Callaway TA X Prototype PX Flighted 6.0
Odyssey Metal X #7 Arm Lock

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors