Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Callaway ERC Fusion

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Callaway ERC Fusion (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Callaway ERC Fusion

1. 5 (Best) (12 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. 4 (10 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. 3 (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

4. 2 (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

5. 1 (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nearfall152

nearfall152

Death to all Canadian Geese

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118
  • Ebay ID:nearfall152
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:45 PM

Let's hear it...

Callaway ERC Fusion.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 johnnysnay

johnnysnay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6850

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

I played this whole season with a Callaway Great Big Bertha II 9.5 pro series driver and loved it.  SOLD in August to my brother for more than i paid... then bought the ERC fusion ( 9.5 non-conforming model)  Although the specs on the two clubs were the same ( 1 degree open ) i just could hit it as straight or comfortably as i hit the GBB II.  Almost everyshot tailed off by ten to fifteen yards or so to the right.  The other major difference i felt was the feel.  It had almost none unless you got it right on the screws and for me that was hardly ever.
*so i took the club to my local golf course (www.northviewgolf.com) and traded it in and tested all of their demos; titleist 905, cleveland launcher,GBB 454, taylormade r5 and wilson pd5 & Dd5.  I chose the Dd5.
*one week after i traded the club in, one of the pros there took it to a long drive competition and won (so there you have it... if flies). just not for me.

#3 tildengolfer

tildengolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7933
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:49 PM

WORST DRIVER OUT THERE!!! this thing has no feel and no response..this driver should have never been manufactured..never hit it off well with the public..one BAD driver

#4 The Big Schwag

The Big Schwag

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10033

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:30 PM

Hated mine.....it only lasted for the last half of last season...but I never took my old driver out cause the ERC was so unpredictable I needed back-up

#5 sportse

sportse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1695
  • Ebay ID:sportse

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:52 AM

I really didn't care for the feel either, but that was due to the material I am sure.  It did feel like a thud when hit well instead of any metal contact.

#6 liam.oasis

liam.oasis

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10995

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:35 PM

If the impact will be on the center of the sweet spot, this will be the longest drive you've ever hit. But there is the less forgiveness drive i've ever hit!!!!

#7 Grum

Grum

★ Driven to Perfection ★

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17890

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

A festering heap, wish I lost mine that time i threw it in the rough!

#8 Viper

Viper

Viper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44006
  • Ebay ID:sanderslongdrive
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

My collection of these 7.5s remain my favourite heads -  incredibly E X P L O S I V E!!!!!

I have unsuccessfully tried to get sponsorship of a couple of heads off both Krank and Alpha. And, I have unsuccessfully attempted to buy a couple of Killer Bee 'Yellow Hornets' off Golfsmitheurope.  They are not due to arrive in the UK until April '08, and for reasons I do not understand Golfsmith USA will not send them to England before then, even as a special order.  I have though just managed to buy a second hand Cobra Speed XX 8.5 head off eBay USA, but delivery is awaited.

(I even have to buy my shafts in the USA as again such are not exported.)

So until something better turns up I remain loyal (but clearly potentially adulterous) to my ERC Fusions. I find it hard to imagine any better head (more forgiving yes, better no) but will keep an open mind. I also LOVE the appearance of these 360 cc heads and find much larger heads to look like something out of a golf pantomime.

Edited by Viper, 28 December 2007 - 12:14 PM.

#9 Ed Rooney

Ed Rooney

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4156
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

These things never got much love. A guy in my office bought one secondhand a few years ago, but could not handle the NV75-S shaft. he basically gave it to another guy, who gave it to me. Forgiveness is good, but it's no Ping G5. If you hit it on the screws it's unusually long. I generally don't flirt with the back fence at my range, but the Fusion gets me there. The 9.5 is not a hook machine like most Callaway drivers.

#10 bigred90gt

bigred90gt

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68580
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

I had one of these several years back, and could not hit it worth a flip. It had a regular flex shaft, and I had a very fast tempo. Everything I hit with it was a huge over the moon slice. I got rid of it shortly thereafter. I have hit several drivers since, and finally settled in with the R7 425. On a whim, I picked up another ERC fusion with a GD YS7 stiff shaft in it, and all I can say is I love this thing. I am hitting it about 30 yards longer than the R7 on a consistent basis. It really makes me have to concentrate and control my swing. If I get too quick, which is a major flaw I have always dealt with, it is all over the place. But, when I hit it flush, it is the longest driver I have ever hit. I'll probably keep this one for a while. i just cannot get used to looking down at some of the hockystick looking driver heads on the market today, and the smaller head on the ERC fusion suits my eye.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 partrain

partrain

Birdy Z.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6167

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

I liked the aesthetic of the golf club design, but wasn't thrilled over the performance.  I thought the club was excellent in terms of feedback with the muted sound on center hits. :rolleyes:

#12 trapsmv15

trapsmv15

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46685
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

I love the shape and sound of this one - only problem is, the shaft I put in it is too stiff for me (ProLite BiMatrx S). Great club, IMO.

#13 broth518

broth518

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1867
  • Ebay ID:nikegolfer518
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

Blast from the past!

Overall a good driver if you hit the sweet spot and it was the beginning of the fusion technology line in which we all love.

The driver was a little small when it came out as the 450CC Nike just came out at the same time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors