Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Only problem with this site....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Radeon962

Radeon962

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 793 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 331
  • Ebay ID:DCI86
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

As a member here for quite some time, I thought I had realized that it was the "Indian and not the arrow", but I seem to have gotten a little out of hand this spring and having changeable/adjustable drivers has only made it worse and then the GI discussion plays in and on an on... Good thing I am not a putter ho.

Couple of pictures attached to provide credence to my problem.  

Shafts shown are currently in the basement (with two GD Tour AD DI-7's coming this week since I wanted to try one tipped and one untipped in my R11 as I did not care for the DI-6 I had previously) along with my assortment of Ping irons (current gamers are i5's in the bag, with a set of G10's, G15's and the grandaddy of GI irons, Rapture J-Spec's).  

Current shafts are the UST VTS red in my R11 driver and Kai'li 80 in my R11s 4w.  

The good weather early this year has only fed into the addiction.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 AFatMonkey

AFatMonkey

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170115
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Whoa.... I want to go by some new irons now :-) and I just got the mp69 a few months ago.... Fml
Titleist 910 D3, 9.5 Kai'li A1
Titleist 910 F, 15 Kai'li A1
Titleist 910 F, 19 Kai'li A1
Titleist 712 AP1, 4-G
Odyssey ProType #9
Titleist SM4, 56.08, 60.07

#3 amrivew

amrivew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127921
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Like that Monza Corza, I play a center shaft belly version

#4 MikeC732

MikeC732

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153933
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Can I have one of those shafts?

Any one will do just fine.

Sweet collection!

#5 avguy

avguy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106241
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

I Must beg to differ, and add my thanks to the info I have gleaned from this site.  i.e....here's my case....

I have been Driver tinkering, for almost 5 years, trying to get it right as it is my worst performing club in the bag with my game.  So, I just started cutting down some, just taking in two stock clubs, stock  shafts, and butt cutting them 1.5-2".  I really want to play my Driver at 43.5-44 in, don't question this, it is recommended by my PGA teaching pro thru the Tom Wishon club builders tree, & I believe it!

But, I didn't know much about swing weights.  Anyways, I discarded quickly one of those two bad performing clubs (Callaway FT-5), threw the other back of the closet (Mizuno MP 600).  Next, I ordered from online retailers one driver at 44", another at 44.5 (cut 2 in!)  Well, these two came from their respective factories, TEE, TM.  Both did not feel right.  Thanks to reading up lots of posts here, I eventually realized it was a SW issue.

I got rid of the TM 2.0, it was a closed face, too much upright beast @ 61 deg.  Never even attempted to weight it correctly.  But now, I have kept my older club from the first graph above, with its minus 1.5 in, and have figured out how to add weight to the head and subtract at the grip to correct it back into a D3,4 range.  Without following this site, I wouldn't have been so inclined w/o visiting & paying a clubfitter.  

In the end, I will be taking a MP 600 Mizuno 10.5 Driver (with its adjustable flight track weights groove on the bottom), adding two more 8g screws, removing a 50 g. stock grip, and replacing that with a 46.5 g grip.  This is after the butt cut of 1.5 in.  I gain back the 9 SWs I lost in the butt cutt.

I take my factory cut to 44 in TEE Driver, add 4 in of lead tape for 1 sw, and take off the 46.5 g grip in favor of a 25 g grip, gaining about 5 more SWs.  
This kinda stuff I wouldn't figure out without this site.... I am indebted and grateful for the sages who post.

Titleist 910 9.5 D2/Cally RF 11
3W: TM RBZ TS/TM R11ti/TEE XCG-V 15
5W/Hybs:TM S2 tour/Miz JPX 800/Ping G10
I:Callaway Rzr MBs/Mizuno MP-69s
W:Cally/Mizzy/Nikes-forged
P:Hamilton F2s, Bag:Benningtons, Eccos

#6 johnstitch

johnstitch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150003
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

Ditto previous post. You glean more knowledge from WRX than anywhere else. Honest reviews, close up photos etc. I have avoided buying more stuff after reading WRX'ers comments and as a result have less clubs now than any time in the last 20 years....1 driver, 1 3 wood, 1 5 wood, 1 set of irons, 4 wedges, 3 putters and that's yer lot.

#7 soloredd

soloredd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77437
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

View Postjohnstitch, on 23 April 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Ditto previous post. You glean more knowledge from WRX than anywhere else. Honest reviews, close up photos etc. I have avoided buying more stuff after reading WRX'ers comments and as a result have less clubs now than any time in the last 20 years....1 driver, 1 3 wood, 1 5 wood, 1 set of irons, 4 wedges, 3 putters and that's yer lot.

Concur. I'm actually glad I don't have extra stuff lying around - just go play golf.

#8 sk33tr

sk33tr

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 158435
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postjohnstitch, on 23 April 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

+1.

#9 dunn

dunn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124833
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 281

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

I did for a while but actually backtracked

SF TP 2.0 driver @ 199.00
TEE XCV 3/5 wood @ 69.00 ea
TEE XCG 3 21 deg hy@ 99.00ea
Mp59 irons  @ 625.00
Mizuno R12 wedges 52/58 @ 69.00 ea
Spider putter @ 49.00 ea

Tech is at a standstill IMO ....... Players irons are players irons , not really much you can do to them..... A wedge is a wedge really, drivers and woods are basically all the same pick the best shaft, Look and feel........ Putters are personal

If you listen to all the marketing and the way people talk here you would never stop buying crap but really it's mostly bs......I have hit and owned just about every new club there is and truthfully pick one and go, it really won't make much of a difference....... As long as shaft is fitted and you like look and feel your good ...........

Practice get some instruction and play as much as you can if you want to see results

Another thing is I am finding comfort in actually keeping something and getting used to it, changing crap all the time will actually hurt your game ...... There is a reason why tour players don't change equip all that often, when you find somethin that works and you get used to it , a lot of confidence breeds off of that

#10 happygolfer

happygolfer

Golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 860
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

Is that all you have?  

Its not considered a habit  until you have 5 times the equipment or 300 feedbacks.

X2 Hot 9 Degree
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 3,4, 5, 6 Hybrids
Ping Karsten 7-U
Vokey 54, 58
Odyssey Metal X CS #6

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 tbomb

tbomb

Wheel, Snipe, Party - Gongshow Hockey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65826
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

I'm a little different in the sense that I think about what I want to play, and what realistically could make its way into my bag.

I love drivers tho, so that's my weakness, but I've used the same brand and loft of wedges for the better part of 10 years (Vokey's), I have always owned one putter, which I mentally decide to use, compared to trying it out. I.e I had a 2.5 SS and it
didn't fit my stroke, but I loved the feel and look. Then I tried the iping app, sold the 2.5 and went to a Kombi.

I'll decide what I want, then stalk the bst like a champ until I find a deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors