Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Is there a player be can all agree on?


169 replies to this topic

#151 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 2301

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

How Louis Oosthuisen?  sp?  Seriously I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him...even on the internet....must be some kind of record for a major champion....sweet swing as well.

Callaway Alpha 815
Callaway V-Series 3w, HW,
Ping G 4-PW
Ping Glide SS 50,54
Ping Glide ES 58*
Odyssey Pro #1
Ping Hoofer

"For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes not that you won or lost
But how you played the Game." -Grantland Rice

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#152 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 2301

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

How Louis Oosthuisen?  sp?  Seriously I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him...even on the internet....must be some kind of record for a major champion....sweet swing as well.
Callaway Alpha 815
Callaway V-Series 3w, HW,
Ping G 4-PW
Ping Glide SS 50,54
Ping Glide ES 58*
Odyssey Pro #1
Ping Hoofer

"For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes not that you won or lost
But how you played the Game." -Grantland Rice

2

#153 PuttLeftHitRight

PuttLeftHitRight

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168147
  • Joined: 03/07/2012
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 244

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 18 April 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

How Louis Oosthuisen?  sp?  Seriously I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him...even on the internet....must be some kind of record for a major champion....sweet swing as well.

Uh no. Louis is generally a cry baby on the course as we all saw during his letdown in the Shell Houston Open.

3

#154 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 2301

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostPuttLeftHitRight, on 18 April 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 18 April 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

How Louis Oosthuisen?  sp?  Seriously I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him...even on the internet....must be some kind of record for a major champion....sweet swing as well.

Uh no. Louis is generally a cry baby on the course as we all saw during his letdown in the Shell Houston Open.

I guess I stand corrected :fool:

How about Mother Theresa, did she play golf?

I guess no one is perfect...who would've thunk it.  (cool)
Callaway Alpha 815
Callaway V-Series 3w, HW,
Ping G 4-PW
Ping Glide SS 50,54
Ping Glide ES 58*
Odyssey Pro #1
Ping Hoofer

"For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes not that you won or lost
But how you played the Game." -Grantland Rice

4

#155 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3165

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostPuttLeftHitRight, on 18 April 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 18 April 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

How Louis Oosthuisen?  sp?  Seriously I have never heard anyone say anything negative about him...even on the internet....must be some kind of record for a major champion....sweet swing as well.

Uh no. Louis is generally a cry baby on the course as we all saw during his letdown in the Shell Houston Open.

Hes generally a cry baby on the course because of something that happened one time?

tough crowd


5

#156 MichiganMike

MichiganMike

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122909
  • Joined: 02/23/2011
  • Location:Plymouth, Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostHacker#5252, on 18 April 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:


But since I can only choose one, I'll go with KJ Choi.

Bubba Watson, not so much. The France thing doesn't help.
Rocco, it's not you, it's the V-harness. I'm sorry Rocco, I can't get past it.



Are you basing "the France thing" off of the reports or from watching first hand the post round interview that garned all the buzz? (http://www.golfchann...t-happy-070111/) If you watch the actual interview I don't think it comes off nearly as bad as the reports.  Note he never bashes the fans, but just says the environment is just something different that he is not used to.  He goes so far as to say "it's not bad, just different." He aknowledges he wasn't comfortable, but put it on himself, not the French or the fans.

6

#157 Swingie

Swingie

    Im not crying.....Im remembering with tears!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1996
  • Joined: 06/27/2005
  • Location:Missouri - ofallon
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Honorary family members: KJ, Chucky 3sticks, Clarke, Phil

7

#158 deasy55

deasy55

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155121
  • Joined: 01/14/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 1721

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostMichiganMike, on 20 April 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostHacker#5252, on 18 April 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

But since I can only choose one, I'll go with KJ Choi.

Bubba Watson, not so much. The France thing doesn't help.
Rocco, it's not you, it's the V-harness. I'm sorry Rocco, I can't get past it.



Are you basing "the France thing" off of the reports or from watching first hand the post round interview that garned all the buzz? (http://www.golfchann...t-happy-070111/) If you watch the actual interview I don't think it comes off nearly as bad as the reports.  Note he never bashes the fans, but just says the environment is just something different that he is not used to.  He goes so far as to say "it's not bad, just different." He aknowledges he wasn't comfortable, but put it on himself, not the French or the fans.

That video is hilarious. Bubba looks like he wants to cry and then the tournament director after looks like he wants to burst out laughing at the situation.

There was other things besides that interview anyway. Like him throwing a hissy fit at the hotel when he found out he was sharing a courtesy car. The writing off of the Arc de Triomphe, a memorial that honours fallen French soldiers, as "this arch I drove round in a circle" didn't win him any fans either. If a French golfer had gone to New York and said something similar about the 9/11 Memorial there would be people calling for his head. Bubba calling the famous Louvre Museum, home of the Mona Lisa among other things, as "that building that begins with L" was just hilarious though.

8

#159 Obiwan21

Obiwan21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97191
  • Joined: 10/23/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

For me, Stricker, I've followed the guy for years and met him a time or two and he's the same guy today he was years ago, personally, not golf wise. A private guy, yes, but not a phony or a richard head.

9

#160 jbrunone

jbrunone

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109380
  • Joined: 06/12/2010
  • Location:SE Massachusetts
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostSwingie, on 20 April 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Honorary family members: KJ, Chucky 3sticks, Clarke, Phil

NOOO


KJ is hard and CHlll to beat


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#161 Mookie91

Mookie91

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47817
  • Joined: 02/02/2008
  • Location:Oswego, NY
  • Handicap:8.1
  • Ebay ID:golfmookie
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Two Gloves...I'm lukewarm on KJ don't really know him cause of the language barrier
TaylorMade RBZ 10.5 Aldila Protopype 80X
Taylormade SLDR Mini 12 Grafalloy White/Blue 75X
Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged 4 iron S300
Adams XTD Forged 5- PW Nippon Super Peening Blue X
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52, MD3 56, 60PM
Bettinardi Queen Bee 6

11

#162 hbgpagolfpro

hbgpagolfpro

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91088
  • Joined: 08/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 11 April 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

On this site its KJ Choi, we all like him.

Charlie Howell is pretty popular too as he checks out the site for info on clubs every so often, I like him a lot, im sure most other wrxers feel the same way.
Did not know that...he's due for a win!  

KJ's a good man, impossible to dislike.  Darren Clarke is probably one of the most likes, and probably the one guy most would want to enjoy a few pints with.  Luke Donald is probably the most well-rounded golfer out there, very intelligent, superb artist, and very gracious with the fans from what I gather.

12

#163 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Ma-nas-se-ro. Got it? ;)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2954

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

View Postdeasy55, on 20 April 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostMichiganMike, on 20 April 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostHacker#5252, on 18 April 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

But since I can only choose one, I'll go with KJ Choi.

Bubba Watson, not so much. The France thing doesn't help.
Rocco, it's not you, it's the V-harness. I'm sorry Rocco, I can't get past it.



Are you basing "the France thing" off of the reports or from watching first hand the post round interview that garned all the buzz? (http://www.golfchann...t-happy-070111/) If you watch the actual interview I don't think it comes off nearly as bad as the reports.  Note he never bashes the fans, but just says the environment is just something different that he is not used to.  He goes so far as to say "it's not bad, just different." He aknowledges he wasn't comfortable, but put it on himself, not the French or the fans.

That video is hilarious. Bubba looks like he wants to cry and then the tournament director after looks like he wants to burst out laughing at the situation.

There was other things besides that interview anyway. Like him throwing a hissy fit at the hotel when he found out he was sharing a courtesy car. The writing off of the Arc de Triomphe, a memorial that honours fallen French soldiers, as "this arch I drove round in a circle" didn't win him any fans either. If a French golfer had gone to New York and said something similar about the 9/11 Memorial there would be people calling for his head. Bubba calling the famous Louvre Museum, home of the Mona Lisa among other things, as "that building that begins with L" was just hilarious though.

Yeah but people and media just ignored that... more fun to talk about the pink drive...

13

#164 cinnepa

cinnepa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14696
  • Joined: 05/11/2006
  • Location:clarks green, pennsylvania
  • Ebay ID:cinnepa
GolfWRX Likes : 253

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

ben curtis, multiple tour winner + a major in the resume as well.
TM SLDR - 12*
TM Jetspeed - 4 wood
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- 3 & 4 hybrid
Odyssey Metal X #6 CS

14

#165 G N R

G N R

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128428
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'd have to say K.J, Luke,  and definitely Tom Watson (absolute gentlemen).

Edited by Mikka, 24 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* Diamana S+
Bridgestone J40 4W 16* Project X 6.0
Bridgestone J40 3H 21* Project X 6.0
Mizuno MP 53 4-PW XP S300
Mizuno T4 52* and 58* S300
Odyssey ProType Black 2 ball

15

#166 4thand11

4thand11

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97100
  • Joined: 10/22/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I really dislike Kuchar.  I find the constant vacant smile irritating.  It just seems insincere and douchey.  I also thought his "joke" about punching Faldo in the back of the head to be very random and not in the least bit funny.  But I guess humor is subjective.

Also a vote against Furyk, because he is walking ambien and does not seem particularly friendly.  Funny that such a dull, monotone guy pitches 5-hour energy shots (hate his dumb 5 hour energy hat also).

Luke Donald is prob my fave and I really can't see any reason for any golf fan to dislike the guy.

16

#167 onafriday

onafriday

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
  • Joined: 09/13/2007
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Lots of seemingly decent guys, whose games are appealing: Cink, Day, Clark, Quiros, and Glover.  

Lots of guys a little too arrogant for me:  Poulter, Bubba, Sabatini, Vijay.

I have an irrational dislike of Dustin Johnson.  I don't know if it's his flat finish or what.
TMag M1 10.5* Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70x
Cobra King LTD 14.5* Rogue 95msi 70x
TaylorMade SLDR TP Hybrid 19* Speeder TS 9.3x
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 58M w/ S400
Kingston 1.5 (by Slighter) w/ SS 2.0

17

#168 rex235

rex235

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95615
  • Joined: 10/01/2009
  • Ebay ID:brsmooth235
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Mike Weir.

Steve Stricker.

18

#169 sefus12

sefus12

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92725
  • Joined: 08/24/2009
  • Location:Louisville, KY
GolfWRX Likes : 498

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

There are a lot who seem to just be likable guys to me:

  • KJ Choi
  • Steve Stricker
  • Darren Clarke
  • Graham McDowell
  • Boo Weekley
  • Zach Johnson
  • Stewart Cink (no, beating Tom Watson in a major isn't a reason to sincerely dislike someone)
I know people may not like a few of them because they aren't emotional enough or are too country, but I find it hard to find much to dislike with any of these guys.
Nike CT 2.0 w/Kuro Kage TiNi 60x
TM Rocketballz Tour 13*
Titleist 913h 17* w/D+ 92s
TM Rocketbladez Tour w/KBS Tour S
Odyssey Rossie FB1
Titleist Vokey SM4 Wedges

19

#170 Dave D

Dave D

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Joined: 04/16/2011
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 506

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Does anyone dislike Adam Scott? i mean that swing is perfection

Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* w/ Project X 6.0
3 Wood: Callaway XR Pro 16* w/ Project X 6.0
Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 20* w/ Project X 6.0
4 iron: Callaway X Utility Prototype 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5 - PW: Callaway X Forged 2013 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 51*, 55* & 59*
Putter: Odyssey Works 1w 34" 350g
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors