Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I hate pro wannabes

305 replies to this topic

#211 awil

awil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127152
  • Ebay ID:aaronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

No I'm not really kidding I think that they are trouble makers from a perspective of a 16 year old only times kids outside golf where them are a ( baseball game or b if you do drugs

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#212 Aithos

Aithos

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162959
  • Ebay ID:aithosrds
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

View Postawil, on 15 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I don't get the clothing /poser debate . My opion is flat bills don't belong on the golf course whether your rf or Anthony Kim or just a weekend warrior I think it's kind of disrespectful to the game . But my one thing to the people who think people dress like posers what do you sy when you go to a sports event ad they sell game authentic jerseys are all those people buying them posing as their favorite player?

So if someone is wearing a John Deere Tractor company hat (flat bill) that means they are being disrespectful to the game?  Or does it only apply to sports hats worn by "thugs"?  Prejudice much?  I hate people who have opinions like yours, who think wearing a flat vs curved HAT can in some way be disrespectful to the game of golf.  That's ridiculous on so many levels.  Let's not even get into the Jeans vs Khakis debate because it is just as absurd.

What it comes down to is how you behave on a golf course, and whether your clothes are clean and well kept (meaning they aren't full of holes and falling apart).  Aside from that, keep your opinions to yourself and mind your own business.  The reason the OP was pissed and "pro wannabes" suck isn't because of their shiny clubs or their expensive clothes...it is because they think those things entitle them to give out "advice" to other golfers they know nothing about.  It is their attitude we take exception to.  Just like I take exception to your attitude and intolerace of other people.  I don't care what you wear, but lets not make blanket statements about "the game" and "disrespect" because those terms are highly ambiguous and mean different things to different people...

#213 Solutions Etcetera

Solutions Etcetera

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33999
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postawil, on 15 April 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

No I'm not really kidding I think that they are trouble makers from a perspective of a 16 year old only times kids outside golf where them are a ( baseball game or b if you do drugs

Based on the curve on the brim of their hat? What other types of hats are disrespectful? A scully? I often wear knit caps.

#214 wolfpack

wolfpack

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89944
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I get a kick out of what people wear in every day life, let alone on the course.    The norm has become things i would never wear indoors with the shades drawn!   Makes for good eye candy and comic relief (privately).    I'd never point out someone or make them feel uncomfortable, but i sure as hell will stare at them and expect them to do something entertaining!
Cobra Bio Cell 12* White Tie 6x3
Adams Tight Lies 19* Blueboard 83s
Ping G10 Hybrid 21* Steelfiber 80s
Ping Eye 2+ BECU 4-SW JZ stiff
Eye 2 XG LW KBS
Ping Anser 2 BECU

#215 Charlie875578

Charlie875578

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136068
  • Ebay ID:chuck875578
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postben w, on 10 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

there's a guy who comes to my local muni with his full size Titleist staff bag with his name on it. He walks the range and gives lessons to everyone who's hitting out there, but he can't hit it out of his own shadow. He's always talking about having "a tournament in a couple weeks". I'm starting to think he's referring to the ones he watches on TV from his living room while he polishes his clubs.

Haha. That's great

#216 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.0
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1152

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostNumber7, on 15 April 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostThrillhouse, on 15 April 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 15 April 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I'm the oddball here I guess.

I've been paired with probably thousands of people and can't hardly recall what any of them were wearing or had in their bag. ;)

The most annoying people to me (range or on course) are those constantly either asking what Im going to hit, what yardage am I playing a shot at or are always looking for a free lesson.

It could be that maybe I'm just not as friendly as I think I am.

:)

A couple of weeks ago I was at a local range that has some pretty crappy range balls hitting 7 irons in the direction of a flag that was 155 yards away or so. I was just using it as a target to hit to the direction to and not thinking about distance because the balls are so inconsistent you cant worry about distance control anyway. The better balls were landing over the flag and some of the crappy worn ones would land at the flag. This guy next to me turns to me and goes "what club are you hitting to that flag?" and I responded honestly that I was just using it for direction and not really thinking about distance. He obviously didn't like my answer which was a shame because I didn't really want to have a conversation with him when I was enjoying mindlessly whacking balls in peace and quiet because he goes "how far is that flag?" to which I replied that I didn't know but that the yardages were posted on signs on the wall if he wanted to find out. Then he goes "so are you taking an extra club to that flag?" to which once again I replied, I'm not hitting it to the flag, im just using it for direction. He asked me again "what club are you hitting?" and I just ignored him, he stood there for a minute and then got an indignant look on his face and walked off.

Im with you, it shouldn't matter to anyone else what club im hitting on the range, im a friendly enough guy but I don't really want to spend my range session explaining myself to a stranger.

Iīm mre or less with the two of you on this, but I donīt see why you wouldnt just tell him the club you hit and move on, instead of getting into several explanation as to why you didnt have to tell him. Besides when it comes to junior/aspiring players I always suffer the endless questions about golf and my swing, equipment etc. cause itīs young people with ambitions and passion, and I can suffer a bit myself to help.

Only because once you do it seems to open up the door for full scale disclosure. It usually starts with a random comment like the weather of something and there theres the silence where I know someones waiting for a response. When I keep to myself that should be enough. Then it often gets more personal, like nice shot or something swing related. Again, I'm just not interested in making small talk. Sorry.

It may be my issue that I'm not 'Mr Best Friend' at the range or on the course but it's typically because I'm there for a reason. If I wanted to rack up a bunch of fake friends I'd be spending my day on Facebook instead.
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#217 TexasAg

TexasAg

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1312
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I think that not using correct punctuation and spelling (or at least making an effort) is disrespectful to those of us that have to decipher what you write.

#218 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 1958

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'd just like to remind you guys that awil is just a 14 year old kid, don't be too hard on him.

#219 awil

awil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks thrillhouse

#220 Aithos

Aithos

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162959
  • Ebay ID:aithosrds
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 15 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I'd just like to remind you guys that awil is just a 14 year old kid, don't be too hard on him.

I don't think I was too hard on him, all I told him was that I don't like his attitude.  I'm sure at 14 he can handle what I had to say :drinks:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#221 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostAithos, on 15 April 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

I don't think I was too hard on him, all I told him was that I don't like his attitude.  I'm sure at 14 he can handle what I had to say :drinks:

I wasn't directing that at anyone as an individual, I was just letting the group know as there seemed to be some piling on and jr boomers get run off every now and again when this sort of thing happens. Awil's a good guy, im sure we can all give him a pass on whatever he did here. Posted Image

#222 Osteorach

Osteorach

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173546
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

On a completely separate note I played with someone that had the funkiest zebra pants on Saturday and a really nice polo. The banter was definitely rife as the white was so white, but it was more so though that she didn't have matching shoes and cap... It was all in good fun and I was kind of jealous as there is no way I could pull them off :-) I wish we had a better selection of cool clothing out my way...

#223 youngstructural

youngstructural

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113912
  • Ebay ID:youngstructural
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'm with you guys.  I'm not Johnny Friendly either at the range -- now I'm NOT RUDE, I will be cordial, and usually smile at a stranger... I am at the range to focus on myself, mygame, my shots ... I don't like to be bothered when I'm trying to create new muslce memory, break old habbits, working on a shot pattern ...ect.
RBZ Stage 2 Tour, w/AD-DI 6x, 8.5*
Titleist 913F 15*, X-stiff Whiteboard
Titleist 913H 19*, X-stiff RIP Phenom
Adams CMB 4-GW, KBS C-Taper S+
Vokey 54*, 60*
Scotty Cameron GoLo / Super Stroke Fatso

#224 Parker0065

Parker0065

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124513
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Dang, I have three staff bags in my basement and I use a Scotty Cameron putter,,,I must be a poser,,lol!

Honestly I don't mind these guy's as far as what they play or how they dress. I don't mind if they want to conversate about the weather or what club I'm hitting,,,,,,,,But the instant they start with any advice they get shutdown immediately!!!!

Where I hit balls it's not usually the Tour Player wanna-bees that blab on about advice,,,their to busy getting ready for Q-School,,,lol! It's usually the old guy's that have read Hogan's 5 lessons once and think they are a Certified Class-A Master PGA Teaching Professional. Their basically harmless as well, Give them a "Thanks, but No Thanks" and send them back to their pyle of balls so they can hack away at it.  

I wear my headphones anymore and I enjoy getting into my own little world hitting balls with Tom Petty, Zepplin, Eagles, Bob Seager, and Clapton blasting. I couldn't tell you what the people at the range are wearing or saying!

"Layla,,,You got me on my knees"
"Layla,,,I'm begging darling please"
"Layla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#225 awil

awil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostOsteorach, on 16 April 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

On a completely separate note I played with someone that had the funkiest zebra pants on Saturday and a really nice polo. The banter was definitely rife as the white was so white, but it was more so though that she didn't have matching shoes and cap... It was all in good fun and I was kind of jealous as there is no way I could pull them off :-) I wish we had a better selection of cool clothing out my way...
Well the one company you might be able to get a pair is here http://us.loudmouthgolf.com/

#226 greens hit

greens hit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55587
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

View Postpatton307, on 10 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I can go on and on about this but I will not.  Am I out of line in saying this, or can most of you find someone at your club that reminds you of these people?  Does it get on your nerves?

The real question is did you "walk the line"?

#227 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glenmorangie 18yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 926

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostThrillhouse, on 15 April 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostRRFireblade, on 15 April 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I'm the oddball here I guess.

I've been paired with probably thousands of people and can't hardly recall what any of them were wearing or had in their bag. ;)

The most annoying people to me (range or on course) are those constantly either asking what Im going to hit, what yardage am I playing a shot at or are always looking for a free lesson.

It could be that maybe I'm just not as friendly as I think I am.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a local range that has some pretty crappy range balls hitting 7 irons in the direction of a flag that was 155 yards away or so. I was just using it as a target to hit to the direction to and not thinking about distance because the balls are so inconsistent you cant worry about distance control anyway. The better balls were landing over the flag and some of the crappy worn ones would land at the flag. This guy next to me turns to me and goes "what club are you hitting to that flag?" and I responded honestly that I was just using it for direction and not really thinking about distance. He obviously didn't like my answer which was a shame because I didn't really want to have a conversation with him when I was enjoying mindlessly whacking balls in peace and quiet because he goes "how far is that flag?" to which I replied that I didn't know but that the yardages were posted on signs on the wall if he wanted to find out. Then he goes "so are you taking an extra club to that flag?" to which once again I replied, I'm not hitting it to the flag, im just using it for direction. He asked me again "what club are you hitting?" and I just ignored him, he stood there for a minute and then got an indignant look on his face and walked off.

Im with you, it shouldn't matter to anyone else what club im hitting on the range, im a friendly enough guy but I don't really want to spend my range session explaining myself to a stranger.

I appreciate what you were doing, and why you wanted solitude, and been in a similar situations; however, I respond differently.  

Recently during a range warm up session before a tournament I was focusing on what swing showed up and targeting greens.  After awhile, the guy next to me backed off his station to sat on a bench behind me.  When I took a break, he politely asked what clubs I was hitting to which greens, so I told him and went back to hitting.  When finished I was heading over to the chipping green when he approached me and said, he was hitting 2 & 3 clubs more to those targets, and then said, there was no sound of the club head striking the ball, and his had noise.  That's when he said he hoped to hit balls like that someday.  I smiled and thanked him and walked off.

IMO better golfers owe some response to those learning, if asked.  Beginners, even mid-high index golfers are trying to find their place in the distance game, so they can either improve or accept their reality.  We regularly read about people questioning distances, mostly because they are not around better golfers to see greater distances, just hear about it on TV.  During Saturday's rd, I was asked twice by one guy, which club I used to make a shot, and why I wasn't using driver.  The guy was younger then me, and playing for just a few years.  Unlike the prevailing DB's attitudes, most golfers are honestly trying to find their legs in the game, and some are confident enough to ask what and why; which is a good thing.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#228 PhiQuanTu

PhiQuanTu

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137024
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostPepperturbo, on 16 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I appreciate what you were doing, and why you wanted solitude, and been in a similar situations; however, I respond differently.  

Recently during a range warm up session before a tournament I was focusing on what swing showed up and targeting greens.  After awhile, the guy next to me backed off his station to sat on a bench behind me.  When I took a break, he politely asked what clubs I was hitting to which greens, so I told him and went back to hitting.  When finished I was heading over to the chipping green when he approached me and said, he was hitting 2 & 3 clubs more to those targets, and then said, there was no sound of the club head striking the ball, and his had noise.  That's when he said he hoped to hit balls like that someday.  I smiled and thanked him and walked off.

IMO better golfers owe some response to those learning, if asked.  Beginners, even mid-high index golfers are trying to find their place in the distance game, so they can either improve or accept their reality.  We regularly read about people questioning distances, mostly because they are not around better golfers to see greater distances, just hear about it on TV.  During Saturday's rd, I was asked twice by one guy, which club I used to make a shot, and why I wasn't using driver.  The guy was younger then me, and playing for just a few years.  Unlike the prevailing DB's attitudes, most golfers are honestly trying to find their legs in the game, and some are confident enough to ask what and why; which is a good thing.

Thank you. Beginners like me really do appreciate your understanding and response.  :friends:

#229 bananapel

bananapel

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124637
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I like to dress up and play golf bc it makes me feel like I'm going to play golf. Maybe they don't want to dress like somebody in jeans or old khakis. Maybe they donate their old clubs or sell them for cheap on wrx. I get more offended by seeing somebody in jeans at the golf course and why the pro shop would allow that (to make money obviously) as it diminishes the course and the game. Is it really that hard to put on khakis and a polo...no.

Edited by bananapel, 16 April 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#230 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

I didn't even think about it to be honest. I thought I would just tell him the truth and that would be the end of it and it kind of snowballed.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#231 sigmapete1

sigmapete1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32468
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Congratulations, this might be the MOST ridiculous thing I have ever read on this site.  If you read a lot of threads, you will know what an accomplishment that is.

#232 sigmapete1

sigmapete1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32468
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Fair enough, I replied before I saw this post.  I apologize for the condescending tone, but the general message remains.   Sorry awil.  Actually, its not so bad to see a 14yr old concerned with respecting the game in general, however misguided the statement was, it had good intentions.

Edited for grammar

Edited by sigmapete1, 17 April 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#233 greens hit

greens hit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55587
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostRRFireblade, on 15 April 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

]

Only because once you do it seems to open up the door for full scale disclosure. It usually starts with a random comment like the weather of something and there theres the silence where I know someones waiting for a response. When I keep to myself that should be enough. Then it often gets more personal, like nice shot or something swing related. Again, I'm just not interested in making small talk. Sorry.

It may be my issue that I'm not 'Mr Best Friend' at the range or on the course but it's typically because I'm there for a reason. If I wanted to rack up a bunch of fake friends I'd be spending my day on Facebook instead.

Ben Hogan was just like you.  An extreme introvert.   It's just a difference in personality.

#234 amaeyzing

amaeyzing

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165019
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Postawil, on 15 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I don't get the clothing /poser debate . My opion is flat bills don't belong on the golf course whether your rf or Anthony Kim or just a weekend warrior I think it's kind of disrespectful to the game . But my one thing to the people who think people dress like posers what do you sy when you go to a sports event ad they sell game authentic jerseys are all those people buying them posing as their favorite player?

By that logic, the "regular" hat is disrespectful too, we should all be wearing the paperboy style hat because that was what was used when the game was first conceived, just saying.....

#235 Swingie

Swingie

Im not crying.....Im remembering with tears!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1996
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I´m mre or less with the two of you on this, but I don´t see why you wouldnt just tell him the club you hit and move on, instead of getting into several explanation as to why you didnt have to tell him. Besides when it comes to junior/aspiring players I always suffer the endless questions about golf and my swing, equipment etc. cause it´s young people with ambitions and passion, and I can suffer a bit myself to help.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That was me....and the psychological damage our breif range session encounter put on me was heavy....I just wanted to know what friggin club you wer hitting!

PS: just sent you a freind request on facebook and linkedin

Edited by Swingie, 17 April 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#236 ben w

ben w

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106447
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostThrillhouse, on 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I didn't even think about it to be honest. I thought I would just tell him the truth and that would be the end of it and it kind of snowballed.

I respect your comments and opinions Thrillhouse. But in this particular instance, I actually agree more with Pepperturbo. What I have learned is that there are two fundamental truths of male golfers:

1) all are intensely competitive and want to be better than the next guy.

2) all want to improve and get better.

So when a guy asks you what club you're hitting, while there is definitely an air of competition (which you felt too, and didn't want to get roped into), the guy was probably legitimately impressed and wanted to be better at the game. Of course, how he went about doing it was probably odd and silly, which could have been his weird personality, or it was just his way of breaking the ice.

Not to say that he doesn't know better, but I've had a run in with a guy like that before, and you'd be surprised how many of them are unaware that one 7-iron is not the same as all 7-irons. I explained to the guy in my encounter that some clubs are longer, some have more strongly lofted clubheads, etc. He was genuinely unaware. So you never know.

It can be really tough with some of these dudes, though. I get that. But I'm sure we all remember (and still have) players better than us who we like bouncing questions off of from time to time.
Ping G15 9* RIP alpha 60X
Nike SQ-Dymo 15* YS7+ X
910H 19* NVH 95 S
I20 4-UW S300 & MP33 3-PW X100
33" SC Newport 2
Scratch 53* DS & 58* DD S400

#237 Atrayn

Atrayn

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73203
  • Ebay ID:flash198
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

I dress bad.
I have good clubs
I have an old bag.
I keep my mouth shut.
I keep my ears open.
I like playing for a few bucks.
I like making their wallets even lighter!

Call me the Prowler...
Shreddin' a tidal wave of whiskey
on a board made of I don't care

#238 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glenmorangie 18yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 926

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

:lol: I, on the other hand, dress very well
but have older clubs and carry a 2i - and wood covers with my name on them.
an average carry bag
I too, keep my mouth shut and ears open
and willing to pay for lots of bucks, but only cash, and my opponent had better have cash in his pocket, or...
I love winning too, but still feel good paying off then and there, after a loosing.
Call me what ever you want, but be careful - what people see isn't always a true reflection.  :)
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#239 blade_man

blade_man

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47994
  • Ebay ID:napaman
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostParker0065, on 16 April 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

Dang, I have three staff bags in my basement and I use a Scotty Cameron putter,,,I must be a poser,,lol!

Honestly I don't mind these guy's as far as what they play or how they dress. I don't mind if they want to conversate about the weather or what club I'm hitting,,,,,,,,But the instant they start with any advice they get shutdown immediately!!!!

Where I hit balls it's not usually the Tour Player wanna-bees that blab on about advice,,,their to busy getting ready for Q-School,,,lol! It's usually the old guy's that have read Hogan's 5 lessons once and think they are a Certified Class-A Master PGA Teaching Professional. Their basically harmless as well, Give them a "Thanks, but No Thanks" and send them back to their pyle of balls so they can hack away at it.  

I wear my headphones anymore and I enjoy getting into my own little world hitting balls with Tom Petty, Zepplin, Eagles, Bob Seager, and Clapton blasting. I couldn't tell you what the people at the range are wearing or saying!

"Layla,,,You got me on my knees"
"Layla,,,I'm begging darling please"
"Layla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't know how old you are or who you are BUT............................you got great taste in music! Oh, and I'm one of the old guys but I don't give lessons.

#240 tocino

tocino

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostWokkerK, on 10 April 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I shoot over 100 on a weekly basis and wear nice golf clothes when I play, have a nice set of clubs and look like a million bucks.  at the same time I don't act like I'm the cats pajamas and I sure as heck wont give you advice on your game.  But if Im gonna suck, Im going to look good doing it.

HAHA I'm the exact same way!

When i first started playing, i used to wear cargo shorts or jeans with a t shirt. Now that i'm older and a bit better off, i wear golf slacks and a golf polo. I definitely do NOT offer unsolicited advice but I don't mind receiving any at all (doesn't mean i'm going to use it but if it sounds interesting I may try to incorporate some of the advice later on)

Titleist 910D2 10.5* 'ahina XS
Titleist 910F 15* Matrix Radix HD7 XS
Titleist 910H 21* Ahina 90HB S
Titleist 710 AP1/AP2 4-PW S300
Vokey SM4 50*12, 54*11, SM2 60*04 S200
SC Studio Select Laguna 2, SS 1.0 Grip

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors