Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Japanese Milled Putters

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gbh00

gbh00

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140729
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Been using a scotty newport 2 for years, but had the chance to try a Maruman verity putter the other day that was the same style as the newport 2. It felt amazing, perfectly weighted and the feel was crisp and clear. Putts just rolled in.

Also once tried an odd looking Miura putter that felt smooth as well. I've noticed that the japanese putters seem to be a little thinner and smaller heads, but with really great milling on the faces. Should I ditch my scotty?

Anyone own a Maruman or Miura putter? Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• maruman.gif

Edited by gbh00, 06 April 2012 - 08:12 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Swisstrader98

Swisstrader98

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170802
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

I own a Miura 1957 and with no offense to Scotty lovers, I will never go back. Has the softest feel of a putter I've ever used and almost automatic when you hit the sweet spot. I never thought I'd get used to the super small head, but the weighting is just dead on and I'm still miffed as to how this thing is so tiny, yet weighs as much as it does. Looks like a piece of artwork. For me, all Scottys and many other putters I've had over the years felt like they twisted upon impact...not the Miura.

http://0.tqn.com/d/g..._350_putter.JPG

#3 bmenx2

bmenx2

Bmenx2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84922
  • Ebay ID:Bmenx2
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

I currently own 2 Miura putters - KM-350 and KM-005. Both have Nippon shafts with Iomic grips. 350g at 33". I have owned Scotty's, Bettinardi's, Piretti's, Byron Morgan's, Pings. and Oddysey putters.  The only putter that came close to the quality, balance and feel of the Miura putters are the high end Byron Morgan's.

Frankly it wasn't even close between these two and the larger commercial brands. At the end of the day it was the Miura's by a hair over the Byron's. The Miura has been in bag for two seasons now, which for me is an eternity.

#4 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,711 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 1244

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I think Japanese putters in general are just a lot softer.  I have a new Ghost Tour forged milled putter that in enroute to me now from japan.  I cannot wait!!!

#5 Dr.JP

Dr.JP

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80468
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

100% agree with bmenx and swiss, I have two of the miura km-350's one limited edition the other standard and by far they are the best putters I have ever gamed.  The closest thing I have thats collecting dust is my Scotty Napa California, and its really not that close.

#6 danattherock

danattherock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98548
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

My Yamada putters are my favorites. Yamada does use a softer carbon and I feel that is a big part of what I am liking. Otherwise, they look like my other anser putters. Craftsmanship is great, but this putter has something extra. Must be the material, nothing else makes sense to account for what I feel when I use it. I love putting, pretty good at it. Got over 20 putters, mostly higher end stuff, three Scotty's, Betti, some customs, etc.. The Yamada putters are exceptional in comparison. All companies have something to offer. Love my older SC Tei3's for example. But given the choice of one brand new factory offered putter, I would take my Yamada over all the others.

-Dan

#7 gbh00

gbh00

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140729

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the info, we seem to have similar tastes in all things golf...

View Postdanattherock, on 07 April 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

My Yamada putters are my favorites. Yamada does use a softer carbon and I feel that is a big part of what I am liking. Otherwise, they look like my other anser putters. Craftsmanship is great, but this putter has something extra. Must be the material, nothing else makes sense to account for what I feel when I use it. I love putting, pretty good at it. Got over 20 putters, mostly higher end stuff, three Scotty's, Betti, some customs, etc.. The Yamada putters are exceptional in comparison. All companies have something to offer. Love my older SC Tei3's for example. But given the choice of one brand new factory offered putter, I would take my Yamada over all the others.

-Dan

#8 tsupo

tsupo

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Ebay ID:thespogster
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

ive had ,  3 miuras m08 mp05  km ...
6 yamadas-- razor, ibushi, copper anser.  hertiage,  sev orange...
...sky dream jump...mizuno.. TM ..
and  yup hey are all really really  good to putt with.

but

the hiro matsumoto  OLDER models.  mc -10  mz -07  mz -10

blow em all away
"im an equal oportunity hitting
machine all day every day".

#9 FLOGMR

FLOGMR

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131781
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Switched a while ago from a MIura KM 005 to a KM 007.......love at first stroke.....best feel and look for my stroke...made miles of putts since I switched.:good:

#10 deukee

deukee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56684

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I have owned few Japanese putters before  They were all fine quality putters but didn't work out for me.

I have been using Bettinardi and Scotty Cameron back and forth and they are working fine for me.

IMO, millled putters from Japan feels little softer than ones in US mostly due to materials used and design.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 tsupo

tsupo

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Ebay ID:thespogster
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

yea agree with you  .
"im an equal oportunity hitting
machine all day every day".

#12 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Putter is an art.  Art is a personal thing.
My favorite part about working in a golf store is opening boxes.
Boxes of art.  We received some Miura irons, black wedges and putters for a customer's custom order.

Nice!

miura1.jpeg

miura2.jpeg

miura3.jpeg

miura4.jpeg

JD
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors