Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adams XTD Shafts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mmfalcon

mmfalcon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19361
  • Ebay ID:mmfalcon17
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Does anyone have information whether the new Adams XTD Super Hybrid or XTD Fairway Woods shafts are actual Fubuki shafts, or a substituted OEM "made for Adams" version?  

I currenly have Mizuno MP Hybrids from 2010, which have the "made for Mizuno" version of the Fubuki shaft.  The "made for" shafts are actually quite nicely matched to the Mizunos, but seem not as firm as the real Fubuki shaft.

I am currently considering the new Adams XTD Hybrid and Fairway, but need some authoritative input from our all knowing members.

Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 976

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Everyone I have talked to have stated that they are in fact the real deal Fubuki shafts.

#3 mmfalcon

mmfalcon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 30 March 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Everyone I have talked to have stated that they are in fact the real deal Fubuki shafts.

Isn't it true that the real Fubuki's sell for approx $250-300, through a variety of vendors?  If so, the current availability of the XTD Hybrid , commonly offered at $299, is difficult to reconcile.  As a result, the shaft/head cost relationship, just doesn't look correct, compared to other retail alternatives.

#4 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 976

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Remembet that Adams gets a huge break for buying so many shafts for their line of clubs, they are not paying $299 per shaft which is why they can sell the club at the $299 price point.

#5 shawnee

shawnee

Morris> Vardon> Nelson> Nicklaus> Woods

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 988 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21792
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

bought the ti xtd 17* Stiff flex/Fubuki, the club guy cpm'ed it, I knew it was soft, it came out to a senior flex
we then tipped it 3/4' and brought it up to proper flex

TM Tour r1 v2 - Custom Flat Black
TM Tour RBZ 4w -Adams Tour PNT2
TM r11 3i-SLDR 4-6 Adams XTD 7-9
Tour Vokey's 49-55-61
Custom Shop Cameron Newport Select

#6 mmfalcon

mmfalcon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postshawnee, on 30 March 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

bought the ti xtd 17* Stiff flex/Fubuki, the club guy cpm'ed it, I knew it was soft, it came out to a senior flex
we then tipped it 3/4' and brought it up to proper flex

Interesting.  Any information how the verified Mitsu Fubuki's CPM?  That would certainly help, as a bit of clarifying of information.  

As to the prior comment, relating to the manufacturing cost influence of quantity purchases by Adams, of course the OEM supplier cost from Mitsu to Adams is expected to reflect a considerably reduction from "retail" pricing, however, my point is directed to the ratio of manufacturing cost of the components.  Using any formula from manufacturer through retail distribution you might choose, it appears quite unlikely that the shaft is not a specially designed product, to meet Adams engineering design specs.  

If anyone has actual knowledge or experience to contribute about this issue, it would be helpful to all of us.

Thanks.

#7 TCMP

TCMP

Disguised

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34660
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Guys, it says right on the website under the XTD driver that this is the "REAL DEAL" and the shaft retails for $300. The same shaft is utilized in all the XTD woods.

http://www.adamsgolf...e_fast12ls.php#

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">SPEEDLINE Fast 12 LS Driver Technology

Adjustability
The Fast 12 LS provides extensive adjustability in a very discreet hosel design. Golfers can adjust loft and face angle, lie, and length. The loft can be adjusted up to +/- 1 degree. The lie can be adjusted upright to +2 degrees. The standard length of the Fast 12 LS is 45", but can be adjusted to 45.5". There is also a removable weight in the back of the club head to allow the golfer to change to a lighter weight when the club is lengthened in order to maintain the same swing weight. Adding a half inch in length provides increased ball speed, increased launch angle, and additional carry distance.

Click to Download Adjustable Hosel Configuration (.PDF)

Tour Spec Shafts
The Speedline Fast 12 LS driver's standard shaft will be the Fubuki Alpha with MD Technology, which is designed for the player who wants a more stable, lower spinning shaft. For a golfer looking for an even lower launching and lower spinning option, the Matrix Ozik 6M3 Black Tie will be offered as a custom option with no up-charge. Additionally, a higher launching option, the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue with Speed Coat Technology will be offered as a custom option at no additional charge as well.

• Adjustable for loft/face attitude, lie angle, and exclusive shaft length adjustments.
  • Adding 0.5" of length:
    Increases ball speed (1 mph).
    Increases launch angle (0.5˚).
    Adds carry distance (5 yards).
  • Lower spin and more traditional shaping.