Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Push cart suggestions

61 replies to this topic

Poll: Push cart suggestions (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Which push cart would you choose?

1. Clicgear v3-$179.99 (88 votes [59.06%])

Percentage of vote: 59.06%

2. Sun Mountain Microcart-$159.99 (22 votes [14.77%])

Percentage of vote: 14.77%

3. Neither, something different (39 votes [26.17%])

Percentage of vote: 26.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wkubrandon

wkubrandon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143681
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

I need some info on push carts. Ive never owned one so any info would help. I would rather not pay 180 bucks for the clicgear but if its the best by far then I dont mind. Any other suggestions would be great too. Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 AndrewO

AndrewO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121146
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

I have a ClicGear 3.0, and have about a year and a half on it.  It's a great cart, very durable and well built.  It also folds up smaller than most others as well.  Can't go wrong with the ClicGear.

#3 ItsMeKO3

ItsMeKO3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116842
  • Ebay ID:ItsMeKO388
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

My bro in law just got a Bagboy Quad. It came in today. He hasn't had a chance to play with it yet (playing tomorrow), but it looks awesome and seems to function pretty well. Has a lot of nice options. He bought it from RockBottomGolf for 169$ with free shipping, and received a 25$ gift card with the purchase. Might be worth a look.

#4 Hacker#5252

Hacker#5252

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 159389
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

You may want to look at this thread also.

I have the Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1.

Pros:
No-maintenance wheels
Solid
Folds and unfolds quickly
Strapless
The bag doesn't move hroughout the round
Well-placed drink holder
Big-enough storage space (scorecard, pen, small snack)

Cons:
Takes space when folded

Edited by Hacker#5252, 22 March 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#5 amateur pro

amateur pro

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93436
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

I recently purchased the bb quad as well. Looked hard at SM and CG. Why I chose the BB:

Easiest by FAR to fold and unfold. It is literally 2 very simple steps and takes 5 seconds. Best design in that regard.
Folds smaller or as small as the CG. SM isn't even close (if space is an issue for you)
Sturdy construction, aluminum tubing is not as thick as CG, but still very high quality
No maintenance wheels like all other models you are thinking about
Cheaper by at least 35 - 40%

The only gripes I have is I wish the area on top (in front of the handle where the scorecard clips in) was a bit larger. There is a nice zip compartment under, which serves
to hold balls, tees, etc. And if it was about 3 inches or so wider. The front tires roll about 1" from the sides of my bag at the bottom. But this is minor as my normal cart bag is fairly large. The other improvement would be to the bag strap. While it is stable and again very simple (velcro and tighten) it gets in the way of my very top pocket on my cart bag. Again, minor since other carts do this as well.

#6 leoh923

leoh923

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71328
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

I did a lot of comparison shopping, and asking current pushcart users at my course for their opinions, and the Clicgear 3.0 was the hands down winner. I then searched around for the best deal, and ordered one Monday from Discount Dans, for $169.00, with no tax, and free shipping.

#7 buckI

buckI

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91171
  • Handicap:5

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

View Postamateur pro, on 22 March 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

I recently purchased the bb quad as well. Looked hard at SM and CG. Why I chose the BB:

Easiest by FAR to fold and unfold. It is literally 2 very simple steps and takes 5 seconds. Best design in that regard.
Folds smaller or as small as the CG. SM isn't even close (if space is an issue for you)
Sturdy construction, aluminum tubing is not as thick as CG, but still very high quality
No maintenance wheels like all other models you are thinking about
Cheaper by at least 35 - 40%

The only gripes I have is I wish the area on top (in front of the handle where the scorecard clips in) was a bit larger. There is a nice zip compartment under, which serves
to hold balls, tees, etc. And if it was about 3 inches or so wider. The front tires roll about 1" from the sides of my bag at the bottom. But this is minor as my normal cart bag is fairly large. The other improvement would be to the bag strap. While it is stable and again very simple (velcro and tighten) it gets in the way of my very top pocket on my cart bag. Again, minor since other carts do this as well.

Went throughout this same search at the end of last year.  I was a die hard for carrying and never wanted a push cart.   Hurt my back exercising and tried one to take some strain off of it.   I looked at all the carts and landed with the BB quad.   Wasn't even on the radar initially...had my mind set on Clic Gear.   The BB was way easier to fold/unfold plus the clubs sit just a little more upright.   Great purchase.   The SM Micro was ok but the Quad is way better with the larger wheels.
Ping G25  10.5* - TFC Tour stiff
Ping G25 4 Wood - TFC Tour Stiff
Ping i15 20/23 - UST Axivcore stiff
Ping I3+ 5, S59 6-pw
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish
Ping Tour W - 52* & 58*

#8 gr8blueheronbird

gr8blueheronbird

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129494
  • Ebay ID:harrierdogsrbest
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Sun Mountain Micro cart with a Sun Mountain MCB Bag(made for this cart).  No straps, folds up small,easy to setup,rolls well,drink holder convenient,umbrella holder can also accept a sky caddie holder, and customer service is excellent.
I have had mine for over 2 years and it continues to perform well.  I walk so much that I am wearing the tread off the back tires(still roll great).

#9 Truman

Truman

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119361
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have had a Clic Gear for two years.  It now has over 300 rounds.  It replaced a Sunmountain and I will never go back to Sunmountain

#10 Curtis_Kirk

Curtis_Kirk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139094

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

I vote for the ClicGear.  My only issue is that the umbrella attachment is too small to accomodate the handle size of any of my umbrellas.  Other than that, folding and storage is a piece of cake and the quality of the product is first class.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 758

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

You can't go wrong with the clicgear.  Proven design, and for $169 it'll pay itself off in saved cart fees in no time.  The sun mountain micro cart was my other option but neither handle height worked well for me.  

I've got maybe 200 rounds on my clicgear at my club, and that amounts to over $3k saved in cart fees.  The only thing I've had to fix was a broken zip tie holding the brake line.   I have added a few accessories..... sand bottle, rangefinder bag, and shoe brush.

#12 geoangus

geoangus

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132165
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I've rolled with an original design, Sun Mountain Speed Cart.  Other than the brake cable breaking, I've had no issues on the course.  But, and depending upon your vehicle, a possibly big but, it takes up alot of space.  For that reason, and that reason alone, I'm considering going to a Clicgear 3.0
913D3 9.5*
913F 15*
910H 19* / 913H 24*
712 AP2 5-PW
Scotty Cameron Dual Balance Futura X
Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*

#13 KaTooM

KaTooM

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Clicgear 3.0...end of discussion!

#14 Beatupfender

Beatupfender

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146717
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Love my Caddytek Caddylite 13.5 I bought for $99.99 from Costco online. It comes with an umbrella holder, a foot brake, a roomy storage area, etc. I comparison shopped them and could not justify the many extra dollars for a SM or Clic.

#15 minitour

minitour

Hater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16714
GolfWRX Likes : 447

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Love my V2.

R11 - 10.5* Dromos S
SLDR - 15* Stock Fujikura S
Scrach 18*-46* N.S.PRO S
Scratch 50*, 55*, 60* N.S.PRO S
Edel Putter
Titleist Pro V1X
WITB Link

#16 bushy007

bushy007

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146741
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

Not sure where you are but theres a company in Australia called Under Par Golf and their cart arm "Smoothy" that makes push buggies and they are by far the best on the market. Clicgear dont even come close.. I use the Micro Suspension version when Im not carrying with the Ogio stand bag. Little bit more expensive but they are lighter, easier to push and have more features than any cart out there. Theres 5 or 6 different versions that meet nearly every price point too so depending on the features you want you can probably get one to suit what you want.

http://www.underpar.com.au/smoothy/

#17 gunslinger2803

gunslinger2803

Gold Member

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150717
  • Handicap:10.3
  • Ebay ID:gunslinger2803
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostBeatupfender, on 31 March 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Love my Caddytek Caddylite 13.5 I bought for $99.99 from Costco online. It comes with an umbrella holder, a foot brake, a roomy storage area, etc. I comparison shopped them and could not justify the many extra dollars for a SM or Clic.

I have this one too and have no complaints going on a year on the course.
D- PING G30 SFTec Tour 65
3W- Nike VR LE Proforce V2
5W- Nike VR LE Proforce V2
I- Mizuno EZ Forged PX 6.0
W- Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
P- Bettinardi Studio Stock 12

#18 PhillyMac

PhillyMac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146869

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

I really liked the Clicgear, but thought it was a little too pricey so i went with the CaddyTek and love it! I bought mine for $99 off of TGW.com.

http://www.tgw.com/c...53/refScid/1127

#19 ktkn

ktkn

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93286

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

I have a clicgear and would buy it again.  However, if you're asking if it's definitively a lot BETTER than other carts, it's not.  All the top quality ones out there are about the same and will roll just fine and with ease.  Out of the two options you mentioned, clicgear or the microcart, you have to ask yourself what is important to you.  The microcart's main advantage is that it folds up small, light, and most importantly, FLAT.  This is huge when you try to put things into the trunk.  The clicgear folds up fairly small too but because it's not flat like the microcart, you won't be able to put things in as nicely into your trunk.  If the clicgear is acceptable in size, then you have many many more options and accessories that you can add on to make your golfing trip a lot more enjoyable.  After all, you want a cart to make your round easier and more convenient.  Accessores fits nicer on the clicgear simply because there is more room, more room for clip attachments, etc.

If you are on a budget, there are alot of other brands that will do the job just as well and you may just want to get whatever you can get on sale.  Just make sure it has the features you want.  Name the features and see if you can get by with that cart.  A suggestion might be things like:

- Brake.  Some only have a footbrake (which I hate), some only have a handbrake (which I find to be sufficient), some have both
- Cup Holder.  What kind of beverages do you like?  Do you need a cooler for your beer?  Do you just like to carry a BIG water bottle?  Does the cart you have fit that size liquid container.  If not, are you able to get what you want via an accessory?
- GPS/Rangefinder.  Any room for those if you use them?  Any options that are nicer?
- Umbrella.  Do they have an umbrella attachment if your bag doesn't have one?  Does your design of your bag with umbrella fit nicely on the cart?
- Cool Accessories.  They may include seat attachment, mitts for cold weather play, and ohter cool stuff

Hope that helps.

#20 rocyer

rocyer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79785
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostPhillyMac, on 03 April 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

I really liked the Clicgear, but thought it was a little too pricey so i went with the CaddyTek and love it! I bought mine for $99 off of TGW.com.

http://www.tgw.com/c...53/refScid/1127

Just bought the 15.2 as well, for $99 from TGW.  Seems like the best alternative to the Clicgear 3.0.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 inthefairway

inthefairway

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90812
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

I have the Sun Mountain Speed Cart.  It's designed so that it's easy to push and leaves no strain on the body and is excellent in quality. It's really fun to use!!!:yahoo:

#22 nuthin but a hacker

nuthin but a hacker

Certified Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186300
GolfWRX Likes : 313

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Sun Mountain V2 for me.
Callaway X Hot 10.5* driver
Callaway X Hot 15* 3 wood
Callaway X Hot 19* 3 & 22* 4 hybrid
Callaway Diablo Forged 5-PW AW SW irons
Odyssey ProType 2-Ball 34" putter
Callaway X Forged 60* wedge

#23 chirotennis

chirotennis

The man with the Iron Thumbs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189796
  • Handicap:~15
  • Ebay ID:chirotennis
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I use a tour trek I got for 100 from GS, best decision I have made!  No maintenance, easy setup breakdown, and the price won't kill you.  I've used it for about 8 months over about 45 rounds, and no complaints yet.
A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB Link

#24 Tidiliwomp

Tidiliwomp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166753

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hey guys i am considering the caddytek caddylite 13.5 i saw that a couple of you had just recently purchased it, did you get any rounds in this week with it? how did it do?

EDIT: was thinking of using it with my stand bag would this still work well?

Edited by Tidiliwomp, 06 July 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#25 Elite_Digger

Elite_Digger

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79587
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Watch the sales and you can find ClicGears for $150. Honestly, that's not that much more for a superior product. To be fair, I haven't owned a Sun Mountain, but I've owned quite a few other carts, and the Clic Gear is easily the best one I've had.

#26 Rockminer

Rockminer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123965
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Op. You should figure out how much you will use one. If you use it twice a week then get a quality cart. If you use it once a month you could get away with a cheaper cart. I have a clicgear 2.0 and love it, but if I didn't use it as often as I do, I would go with a cheaper option.

#27 GolfinGuy

GolfinGuy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130144
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

As mentioned above, if you are replacing riding with a pushcart, absolutely forget about the price and get the best you can afford.  Bought mine when I was playing the $25/rd cart fee golf out in the Monterey, CA area.  Thought about going economical, then realized that after 8 rounds the cart would be "free" so I went CG 3.0.  50+ rounds later and I could throw this thing in the trash and not lose a second of sleep.  Also, if you get to walk now over ride, you're also getting the added health benefit which you can't put a price on.

For quality though, I would argue that the CG folds smaller, has better on cart storage, a bigger scorecard area, and more accessories for extra purchase $$.  However, if you have to align it, it is a PITA, and the CG doesn't fit as many bags as well as some of the other carts.  Best to take your bag or load the store bags on there to get a feel.

#28 Moor

Moor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197256

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Do you guys have Stewart carts available in USA? I recently purchased the Stewart Z3 push trolley and its amazing, I went to buy a clicgear 3.0 but after comparing the Stewart to it it beat it hands down, the clicgear is far more awkward to put up and down and my carry bag fits it perfectly. I see very few mentions of Stewart gear here and as they are a UK company they might not be available in the USA, a real shame if its not.

#29 nitram

nitram

Take Dead Aim

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Handicap:+1.8
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 181

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Kangaroo Hillcrest X
SLDR 430 JDM 10* Matrix TP6HD
Exotics CB2 15* Matrix TP7HD
Exotics CB5 2H/17 Fujikura 904HB
Bridgestone J40 CB 3-P DGTI X100
Miura 1957 C57/Y53 DGS400
Kenny Giannini G-5

#30 mdgboxx

mdgboxx

Put lipstick on a pig - - - it's still a pig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61336
  • Handicap:9.1
GolfWRX Likes : 250

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

View PostMoor, on 03 October 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Do you guys have Stewart carts available in USA? I recently purchased the Stewart Z3 push trolley and its amazing, I went to buy a clicgear 3.0 but after comparing the Stewart to it it beat it hands down, the clicgear is far more awkward to put up and down and my carry bag fits it perfectly. I see very few mentions of Stewart gear here and as they are a UK company they might not be available in the USA, a real shame if its not.

Still have and use my SM SC V1 on specific occations. Bought a Z3 last year b/c of the no-wheel maintenance and fold down/size/weight (if that justifies $250). It has been out at least 175 games so far. Like very much the bungy cord bag holders. Dislike the foot brake but, I can live with it. Here's my biggest peeve: It doesn't have an umbrella carrier and, the holder on the handle is cheap and fragile (it has broken off on my two buddies' Z3. They had to replace it with a universal aftermarket holder) :censored2: ! If the weather channel predicts a greater than 70% chance of rain, the SunMountain comes out! :superman2: For THAT reason, not worth the expense IMO. If and when, the next one will be an ULTIMAXX U4-GT from www.oneworldgolf.com (10 year warranty) or a CG unless SM comes out with something worth e-v-e-r-y single penny!

EDIT: It may be a UK company but, it's still made in CHINA! (Like all others, I believe.)

Edited by mdgboxx, 06 October 2012 - 07:44 AM.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5 w/169D-Tour, reg
3W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5 w/SV3005J, stf
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5 w/SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW w/CFS reg @ D2
WEDGES: Ping Tour-S, 54/10 & 60/10
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weight

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors