Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Martin Hall

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tanner25

Tanner25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Did any one see Martins show last night talking about hitting fades and draws with the driver. For a fade; stand on the right side of the tee box, tee the ball low, short backswing and pull through with the chest/left side. For the draw, go to the left side of the tee box, look right, tee it high, complete/deep backswing and sling it through (lower body stalls on the sling). I went to the range and went for the driver and attempted to hit draws and I ended killing the ball dead straight. I need to practice this. But, it shows some promise. I tried the fades with irons was less successful. But, also hit some good shots. Bottom line, I think there's some hope for these techniques. Thoughts? Anyone experiment with this today?

Cheers

Tanner

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 DoctorLoomis

DoctorLoomis

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124787
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Is it possible to curve a ball employing the techniques you mentioned? Probably so. However, they are quite unnecessary and without question are suboptimal. At best.

#3 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,817 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostDoctorLoomis, on 22 March 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Is it possible to curve a ball employing the techniques you mentioned? Probably so. However, they are quite unnecessary and without question are suboptimal. At best.

+1

#4 sshadow2

sshadow2

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51793
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

What's the optimal way? I would love to draw my driver without changing my swing or using my hands more than necessary. Particularly with swing that supposely creates a fade as Martin describes it.

Edited by sshadow2, 23 March 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Eag1e

Eag1e

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94910
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postsshadow2, on 23 March 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

What's the optimal way? I would love to draw my driver without changing my swing or using my hands more than necessary. Particularly with swing that supposely creates a fade as Martin describes it.

Step 1: train a swing that creates a consistently neutral path from a neutral setup
Step 2: alter setup alignment for desired shot shape
Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT!

#6 Tanner25

Tanner25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostEag1e, on 23 March 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Step 1: train a swing that creates a consistently neutral path from a neutral setup

Martin also made a Tiger reference during the show, he said Tiger rehearses swinging left and pulling through with his left side. I can't get over how both Tiger and Gmac were swinging left on the pre-swings today. Is this to rehearse a fade or does the swing naturally go left, even on a ball that goes straight?

Cheers, Tanner

Edited by Tanner25, 25 March 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#7 Gator_Hater

Gator_Hater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97424
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostTanner25, on 25 March 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

View PostEag1e, on 23 March 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Martin also made a Tiger reference during the show, he said Tiger rehearses swinging left and pulling through with his left side. I can't get over how both Tiger and Gmac were swinging left on the pre-swings today. Is this to rehearse a fade or does the swing naturally go left, even on a ball that goes straight?

Cheers, Tanner

Tiger makes this rehearsal move on every swing, even when he is hitting a draw. He does this to get the feeling of his arms out racing his body. He's trying to feel the opposite of the club being stuck behind him.

#8 Tanner25

Tanner25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

[/quote]

Cheers, Tanner
[/quote]

Tiger makes this rehearsal move on every swing, even when he is hitting a draw. He does this to get the feeling of his arms out racing his body. He's trying to feel the opposite of the club being stuck behind him.
[/quote]

Good call. I thinking Johnny was thinking he was rehearsing a fade swing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors