Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

golfbids.net golfer's penny auction site?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#391 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99079
GolfWRX Likes : 595

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postmistahkim, on 08 May 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

The CEO of Golfbids is also the CEO of BladeGolf.  They make custom iron sets.  From my knowledge, only 1 set of blade-golf irons have ever been sold on this site.  That was also about 2 months ago.

I think the winner was:

msmith1258  (or Marty S. from the Customer testimonials page)

Three (3) red flags go off here:

1. You are the OP
2. The post above
3. The post below

View Postmistahkim, on 08 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

View Postgolftown, on 08 May 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yea,  using a phone to bid is not the best idea, maybe on a glove or  something small but not on something thats going to possibly cost  hundreds of bids.  Got my shipping notice for the Titleist driver this  morning, can't wait.

I gotta say Michael,

You are probably either one of the smartest or luckiest bidders i've seen on golfbids.

I've never seen too many people win such BIG auctions for only a few bids.

Makes me super jealous. public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I find it quite ironic that you seem to know the auction winners by first name.

Richard (CEO), is that you again?

Edited by jj9000, 08 May 2012 - 06:49 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#392 joshn08

joshn08

Poor College Golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138458
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

if you bid on a item but find out you can't purchase it because of funds will the site go to the bidder before the winner to purchase it.

#393 trey212

trey212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174142
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

so whats the deal, i didnt read all 14 pages but the atv wedge that just ended the timer kept reseting to 17 sec each time some on bid, why would it not end when it hits zero?

#394 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 992

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

View Postjj9000, on 08 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

View Postmistahkim, on 08 May 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

The CEO of Golfbids is also the CEO of BladeGolf.  They make custom iron sets.  From my knowledge, only 1 set of blade-golf irons have ever been sold on this site.  That was also about 2 months ago.

I think the winner was:

msmith1258  (or Marty S. from the Customer testimonials page)

Three (3) red flags go off here:

1. You are the OP
2. The post above
3. The post below

View Postmistahkim, on 08 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

I gotta say Michael,

You are probably either one of the smartest or luckiest bidders i've seen on golfbids.

I've never seen too many people win such BIG auctions for only a few bids.

Makes me super jealous. public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I find it quite ironic that you seem to know the auction winners by first name.

Richard (CEO), is that you again?

1.  Yes, he is the OP.
2.  Richard CEO and his affiliation with Blade Golf (never heard of it myself) was already mentioned in this thread by one of the wrx owners.
3.  I think that there arent huge numbers of people on the site, so those that hang around there quickly learn who is who.
Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#395 poprocksncoke

poprocksncoke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28196
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

View Posttrey212, on 08 May 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

so whats the deal, i didnt read all 14 pages but the atv wedge that just ended the timer kept reseting to 17 sec each time some on bid, why would it not end when it hits zero?

Thats covered somewhere in that 14 pages :)  When someone places a bid with less than 15 seconds the timer restarts.

#396 trey212

trey212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postpoprocksncoke, on 08 May 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Thats covered somewhere in that 14 pages :)  When someone places a bid with less than 15 seconds the timer restarts.

figured as much but didnt want to succumb to that terrible reality. time to read i guesss

#397 MuvintotheMusic

MuvintotheMusic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166599
  • Ebay ID:sweetpeadarrellee
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Posttrey212, on 08 May 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postpoprocksncoke, on 08 May 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

figured as much but didnt want to succumb to that terrible reality. time to read i guesss

That's how penny auctions all work. It's about placing the most bids, not "stealth" bidding like ebay.

#398 mistahkim

mistahkim

Mistahkim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122940
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

For  a WRX Charter member...I'd expected more from you.

While I'm sure your intentions are true in that you're trying to prevent unsuspecting individuals from getting scammed,

Please read the WHOLE thread before you go accusing people.    

I'm the OP.  That's right!

Meaning I've been a customer at golfbids.net longer than most.   As someone else mentioned, you get an idea of who the "regulars" are after a while.  

Now, I do clearly remember that user winning the iron set, b/c I was jealous that he  won 3 other items that single night and back then there were only a handful of people using the site.

Anyone who bothers to notice can put the pieces together and see that his username is actually in reference to his real name.  He was one of the few people who have their testimonials posted on the front page of the site.  See for yourself.

(BTW..this was the guy who just won the ATV wedge.)

To address your other question..

how did I know the other user's name?

I'm sure that in fact a lot of people who actually read his post, now also know his name.

BECAUSE he signed it  "-Michael (scratch)"  

Please please....don't be so quick to make uneducated judgements.

Edited by mistahkim, 08 May 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#399 golftown

golftown

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8370

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

O.M.G.......... did I start something here. :partytime2: :partytime2: :partytime2: :partytime2: :partytime2:

#400 ceogb

ceogb

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169229

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

View Postgolftown, on 08 May 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

I have been watching this site for about 2 weeks and just started bidding on it 5/2, since then I have won a Titleist 910 D2 driver, 13 golf pride tour wraps, on Saturday night I won a dozen Pro V 1x balls and then tonight I won a TaylorMade RBZ driver for 3 bids.  I have received the Grips today, expect the Titleist driver soon and the rest in a week or so.  

I have been involved in penny auctions for over 3 years and have won and received A LOT OF STUFF, there is a way to win and you have to know what you are doing.  I have seen people bid 4 or 5 times in a row just to see there name on top, stupid and a waste of bids.  Its also a good idea to know who the power bidders are on this site and any site for that matter, know who you are bidding against and pick your battles.

I did see that TaylorMade RBZ auction that sold for over $17.00 the guy who won it must have spent over 600 bids, he paid close to retail, but ya something, people complain about the site cleaning up, over $850.00 on that auction alone, but they have to make a profit too.  

I have bid on another golf site called Sportsbiz, and won there too, I did receive my winning but then they closed, hoping golfbids will stay awhile.

One last thing, Richard will I be receiving a tracking notice when my clubs ship, and keep up the good work.

Michael (scratch)

Yes should have something for by Friday. Probably a drop ship from TM. Also for this reading this thread we need to make a living to keep giving you guys great deals. Having said that a nice auction  total like $17 can be misleading because often bidders will  use the buy it now and get 100% credit for the bids they used.  That means we may have shipped 3 or 4 drivers on one auction. Thats a whole lot less profit than  you'd think.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#401 MRadix

MRadix

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142325

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Damn you guys just see that putter go for 10 cents, wow

#402 trey212

trey212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

yep came back from eating and saw it, should have taken part in that one

#403 trey212

trey212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

lame i bid on that 910 at the last second but idk what happened

#404 jabrch

jabrch

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108552
GolfWRX Likes : 216

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Postceogb, on 09 May 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I have been watching this site for about 2 weeks and just started bidding on it 5/2, since then I have won a Titleist 910 D2 driver, 13 golf pride tour wraps, on Saturday night I won a dozen Pro V 1x balls and then tonight I won a TaylorMade RBZ driver for 3 bids.  I have received the Grips today, expect the Titleist driver soon and the rest in a week or so.  

I have been involved in penny auctions for over 3 years and have won and received A LOT OF STUFF, there is a way to win and you have to know what you are doing.  I have seen people bid 4 or 5 times in a row just to see there name on top, stupid and a waste of bids.  Its also a good idea to know who the power bidders are on this site and any site for that matter, know who you are bidding against and pick your battles.

I did see that TaylorMade RBZ auction that sold for over $17.00 the guy who won it must have spent over 600 bids, he paid close to retail, but ya something, people complain about the site cleaning up, over $850.00 on that auction alone, but they have to make a profit too.  

I have bid on another golf site called Sportsbiz, and won there too, I did receive my winning but then they closed, hoping golfbids will stay awhile.

One last thing, Richard will I be receiving a tracking notice when my clubs ship, and keep up the good work.

Michael (scratch)

Yes should have something for by Friday. Probably a drop ship from TM. Also for this reading this thread we need to make a living to keep giving you guys great deals. Having said that a nice auction  total like $17 can be misleading because often bidders will  use the buy it now and get 100% credit for the bids they used.  That means we may have shipped 3 or 4 drivers on one auction. Thats a whole lot less profit than  you'd think.

At full retail value....which turns you profit....

Nothing to be ashamed of - making lots of money....
Callaway Optiforce - Kiyoshi Purple
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway Xhot 5-SW - Graphite Shafts
Vokey 60 degree/STX Putter

#405 MuvintotheMusic

MuvintotheMusic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166599
  • Ebay ID:sweetpeadarrellee
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postjabrch, on 09 May 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

View Postceogb, on 09 May 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Michael (scratch)

Yes should have something for by Friday. Probably a drop ship from TM.     Also for this reading this thread we need to make a living to keep giving you guys great deals. Having said that a nice auction  total like $17 can be misleading because often bidders will  use the buy it now and get 100% credit for the bids they used.  That means we may have shipped 3 or 4 drivers on one auction. Thats a whole lot less profit than  you'd think.

At full retail value....which turns you profit....

Nothing to be ashamed of - making lots of money....

3 drivers at full retail will make some money. I think what he's saying is that he isn't getting $850 for one driver like some people tend to assume...

#406 ceogb

ceogb

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169229

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

View Postjoshn08, on 08 May 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

if you bid on a item but find out you can't purchase it because of funds will the site go to the bidder before the winner to purchase it.

Our highest auction to date is $22.17 so not sure thats an issue.

#407 MRadix

MRadix

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142325

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Does anybody know if like on hats you can choose the color or is it just whats pictured?

#408 blink3665

blink3665

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Ebay ID:blink3665blink
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

They order factory direct, so I would assume you can order any color you want in that style.  I would email Richard and ask though.  He's very accessable!
Ping Anser 12* Kusala White TI 61S
Cobra BC+ 5-7 - Red Tie
Adams DHy 21/24*  White Tie
Bridgestone j38 DPC 5-PW GS95
Cally Jaws MD 52*/58*
Slighter Proto #9HT long neck

#409 John O. M.

John O. M.

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168267
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

I'm jealous to whoever just won that ghost spider. I couldn't buy bids something kept going wrong with my PayPal :(

#410 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 790

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Anyone know what's been going on with this site?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#411 blink3665

blink3665

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Ebay ID:blink3665blink
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I know that they had some payment processing issues earlier in the the summer. That's when they switched from Paypal to accepting credit cards.  Then it seemed like they had a few "technical" issues.  Not quite sure what that was about.  I know they put up a few sets of 712 AP2s and 913s and it seemed like they didn't hit sticker price.  Some of the high dollar items would have a bunch of bids, but it seemed like a lot of them didn't.  FWIW I had some decent luck with some of the auctions and got to try some cool golf stuff I wouldn't have paid full price for.  I have nothing but speculation on what's going on currently though...

I would be pissed if I had money on the site locked up in bids and there hadn't been an auction in a while...
Ping Anser 12* Kusala White TI 61S
Cobra BC+ 5-7 - Red Tie
Adams DHy 21/24*  White Tie
Bridgestone j38 DPC 5-PW GS95
Cally Jaws MD 52*/58*
Slighter Proto #9HT long neck

#412 golftown

golftown

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8370

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

He is a sponsor on this site isn't he?  Did anyone get a email saying he was closing down for any reason? Whats going on .

#413 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 197

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

They have not been a Sponsor for a few months.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors