Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Srixon Soft Feel

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Srixon Soft Feel (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (21 votes [48.84%])

Percentage of vote: 48.84%

2. 4 (15 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

3. 3 (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

4. 2 (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

5. 1 (2 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:46 AM

Srixon_Soft_Feel_12_PackNew.gif

Soft Feel Golf Balls

The Srixon Soft Feel is the softest Srixon ball we've made. With the 333 dimple pattern and Rabalon® Cover, the Srixon Soft Feel incorporates tour proven performance in a low compression ball for the everyday golfer. First, the new Soft Feel features the softest Energetic Gradient Growth core ever designed. It promotes ideal high launch angle and low spin launch conditions for all golfers, while the low compression gives great feel and velocity to those with low swing speeds. The highly resilient Rabalon® cover, which is 25% more resilient than iomer, provides greater energy transfer for more velocity. The seamless 333 dimple pattern lets the Soft Feel stay in the air longer for greater carry, more roll, and more distance.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 dansrixon

dansrixon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10162
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:13 AM

Gotta update your pic....that old softfeel was crap....this new one is amazing (especially this time of year)...it is a very underrated ball.  Anyone who has tried the old softfeel has got to try this new.  I try not to give opinions on this kind of stuff, but I love this ball for a winter ball.  Its awesome.

Edited by dansrixon, 20 December 2006 - 01:12 PM.

Driver: 9.5 Srixon Z745 w/ ADBB7x
Fairway: Srixon F45 w/Kusala Blue 72s
Hybrid: 588 18* with Miyazaki C.Kua 83
Irons: Srixon 545 4-PW X100 TI
RTX 2.0 CB 50, Tour Rack 55 &60
Putter:  Cleveland Smart Square

#3 parkinni

parkinni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3120
  • Ebay ID:parkinni
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

Totally agree with you Dan! I found an older version of this ball out on the course a month ago, and got more distance, height and control off the tee. Bought a dozen of the latest model and promptly shot my low round of the year (8-over par) at what I consider to be the toughest course I play. My driving was almost faultless (missed 2 fairways all day) and I gained 10+ yards over my usual NXT Tours. This ball is also plenty soft enough for my short game and putting, and checks up nicely off the wedges. All in all, an excellent choice for the mid-h'capper (like me).

PS.
Forgot to mention that it's $7 cheaper per dozen than the NXT's too!

Edited by parkinni, 20 December 2006 - 09:24 AM.

#4 joecollege

joecollege

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8760
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:58 AM

I'll second those remarks. Exact same results and also played the NXT-Tour ball. Great ball!

Edited by bammerz59, 10 May 2007 - 07:59 AM.

#5 mcbush25

mcbush25

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2619
  • Ebay ID:mcbush25
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:08 AM

I was not fond of the old Soft Feel ball, but when I got some of the new Soft Feel's I fell in love with them.  

I have been playing these balls for the whole first half of the golf year and they preform just as good if not better than most balls out there and I have played almost every ball out there.

#6 jswjr

jswjr

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8009
  • Ebay ID:jswjr1

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

I also have played the old model and it was ok but I tried the new model yesterday and really like it.

I've been playing the AD333 and is a good ball but I'm pretty sure the Soft Feel is longer and less spin off the driver. The SF "may" not stop on the green as well as the AD333 but it's not much different and I can adjust for that.

The MAIN thing I liked is I was able to out drive a playing partner but 5 to 10 yards several times yesterday and he allways outdrives me by 5 or 10 yards no matter how good of a drive I hit.
TM JetSpeed 10.5
TM JetSpeed 3&5 woods
TM R11  4--SW
TM ATV 60* LW
Ping Wack-E

#7 leeux

leeux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16519

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:40 AM

Tried them on the weekend, and wow was I surprised. I usually play NXTs or Precept U-Tris but these are really sweet. I would have never guessed that a two piece ball could feel this good. They feel so soft off the driver, iron and especially around and on the green and yet they are very durable. I hit them twice and had an instant liking for them, strange thing is that I felt more confident standing over that ball. I started the round with U-Tris, relatively cold and wet weather, once I switched to Srixons I felt more confident and they seem to be about half to one club longer. Obviously they do not spin that much, but I hit the ball high enough that they usually stop. Very good ball for the price, will compete as my regular ball for sure.

#8 tbowles411

tbowles411

Amy Boulden - LET Rookie of the Year

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 2240

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:48 PM

I got to try them today.  I was very impressed as well.  These were a very good ball for the money.  I found myself reaching for these more often than not.  If you want spin, these ain't the ones you're looking for.  BUT, if you want distance, these are for you.  These will be hanging around my bag indefinately.

#9 BILL12x

BILL12x

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28584
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

I haven't played it, but I love the ZUR-C and S. I tried the AD333 to save some money and hate them. My drives were dropping out of the sky for lack of spin and my irons weren't biting enough. I'll be giving them to my 9 year old.

#10 Tuba

Tuba

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51854
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

For the past few years I have always purchased Precept/Bridgestone balls.  I'd sometimes play things found in the weeds and woods, but have loved the E5 and B330 and S.  Last Sunday I ambled into the local golf shop was going to buy a dozen Bridgestone Treosoft for these cold Minnesota days.  The clerk suggested I try the Srixon Soft Feel.  I owe him a beer when he becomes of age.  I played it today and loved it.  At the end of 18 holes it still looks new except for my mark wearing off.  The ball putts well, spins very well off the irons, though it says on the box it isn't supposed to, and off the driver it is just dandy.  
   When it comes to reading greens, though, I'm dyslexic and it didn't go in the hole on its own.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Dazza

Dazza

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53444
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

Does anyone know if there's a huge difference between the Soft Feel & Soft Feel Ladies?
I can't see much difference on the Srixon Website. The Soft Feel has a higher trajectory & slightly higher spin, but the ladies is a touch softer.

Thanks

#12 A-Train

A-Train

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50473

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

there is no difference, just different color.

#13 Dazza

Dazza

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53444

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for the reply A-Train. :)
Time to restock the wife's bag, so thought I'd check this thread.

#14 James GGF

James GGF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212507

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Read my review of the Srixon Soft Feels here

My aim when buying golf balls has been to minimize cost without sacrificing quality and performance. While I’d love to only play Titleist Pro V1’s the cost/benefit payoff just doesn’t add up for me.

And I must say that there are some really good “Value for Money” balls out there on the market - balls that give you most of the performance of the more expensive balls, but at half the price. Having played both I can honestly say that the more expensive balls don’t have a noticeable improvement on my game.

I’m not asking you to grab any old “rock” or the “lake balls” you pick up in the pro shop. These will really have an impact on your game, less spin around the greens and much less distance off the tee.

My go-to “Value for Money” balls at the moment are the Srixon Soft Feels.

#15 tommy89

tommy89

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176874
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Same as the AD333 which come in yellow ;) I use these as provisonal balls and practice balls on the green. Good ball for the money :)

Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Titleist 913f
Mizuno MP54
Vokey 52/56
Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
WITB Link

#16 GEO147

GEO147

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134098

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

I had been playing NXT Tour through the winter and ProV1x in the summer and yesterday a guy I was playing with was going on and on about this ball. He convinced me to hit one on the last hole and I gave it what I would consider an 80-85% swing. Thing was the ball went 300meters or 300 yards. I had never played this particular course before so I was a bit oblivious to it being a long one but the gay who gave me the ball had a Garmin watch and he was giving it the "I told you so" and telling me how cheap they were etc. He was amazed by the drive. Then I hit a lovely 75 yard wedge into the green and it stopped where it landed about 15ft past the hole. I then drained the only putt I got all day outside of 10ft for birdie.

Was a strange way to end the round because it just felt so easy. Granted it was only two shots I hit with it but it felt strange how soft it felt but yet it went so far and flew so straight. Maybe I have been wasting money on Titleist balls for years?

#17 zstar77

zstar77

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 192024
  • Ebay ID:thecorinthiancollection
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

i play a lot and 100% always provx
shoots mid 70 s
yesterday played the softfeel as was playing a very tight golf course and knew i d lose balls and as i got them free thought why not.
great straight ball flight great round greens had a best day chipping and putting with them... 24 putts and chips were predictable all the time .
shows there are balls half the price of premium balls which make little difference to your game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors