Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

SetTheBarrHigh (What's In The Bag on Post 1)

TaylorMade Mizuno Titleist

112 replies to this topic

#61 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

View Poststaysober for golf, on 14 October 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

G30 Ness, How does it feel?

I'm actually really liking it so far. I'll always have the F12 LS as a back up. I installed the same Fubuki in the G30 as I used in my Adams.,


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 BigEarl

BigEarl

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347571
  • Joined: 11/06/2014
  • Location:Europe
  • Handicap:Yes
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostNess, on 08 May 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Went -4 under in a two day tournament last weekend with the new setup!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice trophy!!! Did it fit in your car on the way home? :taunt:
TM M1 460 9.5 Hzrdus 6.5
TM M2 Fairway 15° Speeder 757 Evo X
Titleist 714AP2 4-9 DG X100
Vokey SM5 46°, 52°, 58° DG X100
Cameron Studio Select NP2

WITB Link

2

#63 MichaelWard_23

MichaelWard_23

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 346229
  • Joined: 10/26/2014
  • Location:Johannesburg
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

I think I'm in love with that button-back...

3

#64 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostBigEarl, on 13 November 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

View PostNess, on 08 May 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Went -4 under in a two day tournament last weekend with the new setup!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice trophy!!! Did it fit in your car on the way home? :taunt:

Thanks! I was staying at my parents that weekend and didn't even try, I just left it in my old room!

4

#65 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

I got reunited with an old friend...kind of. When I was a sophomore in high schoo (2004-2005)l, I had planned on getting my first Scotty. That was a big deal for a 14 year old. I saved for a while and had enough and went to Edwin Watts in Shreveport and bought a Futura Phantom Mallet. I got home and it made me sick that I had spent so much money on it and got my dad to take it back the next morning. There was a minty, used G5i Craz-e there, so I asked him to grab that instead. I went on to win my District and Regional tournaments with it. A few years later I let my ex-girlfriend's brother borrow it and never saw it again. Saw this on the bay and grabbed it, maybe the nostalgia will carry me into a good 2015 season!

Posted Image


5

#66 rtjaus

rtjaus

    Mizunophile

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199252
  • Joined: 08/21/2012
  • Location:Sydney
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

View PostNess, on 08 March 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Time for the 2014 Update.

I normally use a stand bag, so I threw them in the staff bag I keep my putters in for display purposes.

- I am still hanging with my F12 LS, after a short experiement with a G30.
- I upgraded to the 913 series for my fairway and hybrid spots at the beginning 2013 and am still pretty happy with them. Definitely going to check out the 915's, but not in a huge hurry to change.
- I put these 714 CB's early last year. I'm simple, just give me a clean, forged CB and I'm happy.
- The putter spot tends to rotate between a few Pings and Cameron's, but I think my throwback G5i Craz-e will see the most play this season..

I got bored this afternoon, so I took some pics of my small putter stable. My ButtonBack is in the backseat of my truck, I'll add a few more  pics of it later.

Any questions, suggestions, and feedback is very much appreciated. Have a great season guys!

Posted Image

Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS 10.5° - Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki Alpha

Posted Image

Titleist 913 F 15° - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue

Posted Image

Titleist 913 H 19° - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue

Posted Image

Adams Idea Super DHY 24°

Posted Image

Titleist 714 CB 5-W - Project X 5.5

Posted Image

Titleist SM4 52°, 58° - KBS Tour

Posted Image

Ping G5i Craz-e

Posted Image

Swing Vid



Putter Stable

Posted Image

Titleist Button Back Newport 2

Posted Image

Ping BeCu B60

Posted Image

Posted Image

Titleist Pro Platinum Newport Two

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Titleist Futura

Posted Image

Posted Image

Titleist Pro Platinum Mid Sur

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those CB's look amazing mate.

6

#67 tommy89

tommy89

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 176874
  • Joined: 04/23/2012
  • Location:UK innit
GolfWRX Likes : 437

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

Clean :D
Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Titleist 913f
Mizuno MP54
Vokey 52/56
Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
WITB Link

7

#68 Steele47

Steele47

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248371
  • Joined: 05/01/2013
  • Location:Idaho
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Nice set there.  Those 714's are some of the nicest irons out there.  My buddy plays them after playing callaway X14s with graphite shafts for around 12 years and loves them which I find odd going from extreme forgiveness/lightweight graphite shafts to 714s with KBS.  That B60 brings back some memories for me as well.  

Also,  that scoreboard behind you intimidates the heck out of me.

8

#69 beluga99

beluga99

    Brevity is the soul of wit

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132921
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 247

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Great bag and quality pics.  No feet, frayed carpet or sleeping pets in the background! :D Well played!
Cobra F7+
917 F2
Anser 17 & 23
iE 5-W
Glide 50, 56, 60 ES
Odyssey

9

#70 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostSteele47, on 16 December 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Nice set there.  Those 714's are some of the nicest irons out there.  My buddy plays them after playing callaway X14s with graphite shafts for around 12 years and loves them which I find odd going from extreme forgiveness/lightweight graphite shafts to 714s with KBS.  That B60 brings back some memories for me as well.  

Also,  that scoreboard behind you intimidates the heck out of me.

I've had them for about a year. I do like them, but I still have a soft spot for the a12 Pro's I was playing before. The B60 is a great model! I love that thing!



Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

View Postbeluga99, on 16 December 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Great bag and quality pics.  No feet, frayed carpet or sleeping pets in the background! :D Well played!

One thing I will not stand for...is feet in a photo 😅

11

#72 Danny Young

Danny Young

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295375
  • Joined: 02/05/2014
  • Location:County Durham , United Kingdom
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

Really nice set of clubs

12

#73 jerseyshoregolfer

jerseyshoregolfer

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 388362
  • Joined: 07/28/2015
  • Ebay ID:jerseyshoregolfer35
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

That head cover is so clean! What is it?
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Diamana S+ 60 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Vapor Flex Diamana S+ 70 Stiff
5 Wood: Titleist 913F GD YS-6+ Stiff
Irons: Taylormade RSi 1 4-PW Reax Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 51*, 60* and SM4 55*
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

WITB Link

13

#74 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

View Postjerseyshoregolfer, on 13 September 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

That head cover is so clean! What is it?

Thanks! It's a Stitch!

14

#75 KyleGilligan28

KyleGilligan28

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308827
  • Joined: 04/15/2014
  • Location:NC
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:40 PM

The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?


15

#76 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostKyleGilligan28, on 22 September 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?

I had played 712 CB's for the last three to four years, and I got to a point where I wasn't playing as much as I used to and wanted something more forgiving, but didn't want to venture away from a forged club. I feel like this was a really good blend between what I came from and a GI iron. The lofts are stronger than my previous set, so that took a little while to get used to. The blade length and topline thickness were also something that I had to get used to visually.

If I were to order a set now, I would probably have an EZ Forged / 850 Forged blend with the 4,5 irons being EZ. I currently have a JPX 850 4 iron just because it's easier to hit.

The key is getting the shaft right, I wasn't a fan of the XP 115 at all. Mizuno doesn't upcharge for their shafts either, so it's a good thing to take advantage of.

16

#77 KyleGilligan28

KyleGilligan28

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308827
  • Joined: 04/15/2014
  • Location:NC
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostSetTheBarrHigh, on 24 September 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostKyleGilligan28, on 22 September 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?

I had played 712 CB's for the last three to four years, and I got to a point where I wasn't playing as much as I used to and wanted something more forgiving, but didn't want to venture away from a forged club. I feel like this was a really good blend between what I came from and a GI iron. The lofts are stronger than my previous set, so that took a little while to get used to. The blade length and topline thickness were also something that I had to get used to visually.

If I were to order a set now, I would probably have an EZ Forged / 850 Forged blend with the 4,5 irons being EZ. I currently have a JPX 850 4 iron just because it's easier to hit.

The key is getting the shaft right, I wasn't a fan of the XP 115 at all. Mizuno doesn't upcharge for their shafts either, so it's a good thing to take advantage of.

I hadn't thought of a blend between the sets. I like the idea!

Thanks man!

17

#78 putts4bogey

putts4bogey

    Puppies and Butterflies

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295
  • Joined: 04/25/2005
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 871

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

Great looking bag!  Play well!
What is and What Should Never Be

18

#79 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

View Postputts4bogey, on 17 November 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Great looking bag!  Play well!

Thank you sir! I spent a lot of time and reasearch putting it together.

19

#80 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

A little bit of a sappy post.

I had a neighbor growing up that was very close to my family and I. He was an avid golfer, but his health didn't really let him play any longer. He ended up introducing my dad to the game and letting him borrow his clubs for a bit until he got his own. My dad had been playing for a year or so and George suggested that I start playing too so that I could spend more time with me dad. I was 12 at that time. He passed away when I was in college and I think about him often. Recently his son was going through old things and found George's clubs and gave his putter to me. It still has the original leather grip and some pretty cool bag chatter and wear. I don't know that I'll play it much, but it pretty much meant the world to me. I thought some people might appreciate it.

Posted Image

Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

After tested so many drivers last year with mediocre results, I ended up getting a backup head to my gamer instead of keeping the cycle going.

Posted Image

21

#82 MoaningM

MoaningM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46532
  • Joined: 01/20/2008
  • Location:Wales UK
  • Handicap:Scr
GolfWRX Likes : 456

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:10 AM

Never tried the adams speedline personally, have just moved over to the M2 and personally with my favourite shaft addi its a corker of a combo. I love the look of that long neck machine, huge fan of machine putters, great quality.

Can just about see the top of your titleist bag, looks slightly different to mine?



22

#83 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

View PostMoaningM, on 10 November 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

Never tried the adams speedline personally, have just moved over to the M2 and personally with my favourite shaft addi its a corker of a combo. I love the look of that long neck machine, huge fan of machine putters, great quality.

Can just about see the top of your titleist bag, looks slightly different to mine?

Sure bud. It's actually at my parent's house at the moment. I found this image though that's the same as mine:

Posted Image

23

#84 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

picked this up from another awesome WRX member. I had the intention of sending off the Custom Shop for a clean up and a silver finish application, but it came in cleaner than I thought it was going to be. It still might spend Christmas there, I haven't really decided.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SetTheBarrHigh, 19 November 2016 - 09:49 AM.


24

#85 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

I'll probably be burning this up this winter.

Posted Image

Posted Image


25

#86 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

Posted Image

26

#87 Roadking_6

Roadking_6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 405706
  • Joined: 12/14/2015
  • Location:Ohio
  • Ebay ID:Roadking_6
GolfWRX Likes : 1128

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostSetTheBarrHigh, on 20 December 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

Posted Image
Let me get this straight, you have TeI3's, Buttonback, M10 (all stunning BTW) and you are taking that to the green? Stronger man than I

27

#88 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostRoadking_6, on 20 December 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

View PostSetTheBarrHigh, on 20 December 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

Posted Image
Let me get this straight, you have TeI3's, Buttonback, M10 (all stunning BTW) and you are taking that to the green? Stronger man than I

You are correct sir! I really wanted to try an arm lock putter, but I couldn't get comfortable with the Bettinardi's in the store. It's just a project for right now though.

28

#89 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

I don't know that I was overly happy with the 23º 816 H2, so I am going to give the 4 iron a try again.

Posted Image

29

#90 SetTheBarrHigh

SetTheBarrHigh

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,314 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 941

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

A couple of new additions from last week for testing

Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with TaylorMade, Mizuno, Titleist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors