Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What's up with Jasper's Clubs?


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 assistantpro

assistantpro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19792
  • Joined: 09/23/2006
  • Ebay ID:cobra568
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Has Jasper fallen so far that he could care less about his sticks? Halfway down the page is his set, and they are beat all to hell! Didn't know that a tour player could treat their clubs like this.

Honda Classic Monday Pics


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 chri55

chri55

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83714
  • Joined: 05/24/2009
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

They're tools, not jewels.

#3 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

    Hall of Fame

  • Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
  • Joined: 06/25/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1377

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

It's worse than that. Nobody can even spell his name anymore.

#4 llamont

llamont

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23304
  • Joined: 12/30/2006
  • Location:SoCal
  • Ebay ID:llamont123
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

You mean Jesper?

#5 Ness

Ness

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:The Colony
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postassistantpro, on 07 March 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Has Jasper fallen so far that he could care less about his sticks? Halfway down the page is his set, and they are beat all to hell! Didn't know that a tour player could treat their clubs like this.

Honda Classic Monday Pics

As far as I can recall, he didn't use them even when he was playing well. He uses them for their ability, not what they look like. Some people don't care about cosmetics.

Ping G25
Titleist 913 F
Titleist 913 H
Ping i25
Titleist SM4 52°, 58°
Ping Ketsch
WITB Link

#6 kekoa

kekoa

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,967 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

He is definitely not a WRX member. :cheesy:

#7 j.lapp

j.lapp

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125532
  • Joined: 03/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

so he has his gear in a cobra staff bag but does the man play ANY cobra clubs lol?
also what clubs is this??? (not the r11, the other one)
Posted Image


Titleist 909 9.5
Titleist 909 15.5
Nickent 4DX 23
Mizuno MP53
Nike VR Pro Forged 52, 56, 60DS
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 #3

#8 msh645

msh645

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79920
  • Joined: 04/13/2009
  • Handicap:5.4
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

It looks like the loaner club from my local range, though I think he tal stripped the bright blue pool bottom paint off of it.   :cheesy:

View Postj.lapp, on 07 March 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

so he has his gear in a cobra staff bag but does the man play ANY cobra clubs lol?
also what clubs is this??? (not the r11, the other one)
Posted Image



913D3 9.5* GD ADBB 6S
913Fd 17.25* Diamana White Stiff
913H 19* Diamana Blue S
MP59 4-6 MP69 7-PW
SC Select NP2
SM4 52, 56, 60

#9 Ness

Ness

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15187
  • Joined: 06/01/2006
  • Location:The Colony
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Quote

so he has his gear in a cobra staff bag but does the man play ANY cobra clubs lol?
also what clubs is this??? (not the r11, the other one)

It's a weighted club. There was a thread not too long ago about it.

Edited by TylerMade, 07 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Ping G25
Titleist 913 F
Titleist 913 H
Ping i25
Titleist SM4 52°, 58°
Ping Ketsch
WITB Link

#10 wick_dawg

wick_dawg

    Advanced

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133832
  • Joined: 07/22/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Does it really matter what your hammer looks like or just the fact that it drives nails into a board?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 myu3777

myu3777

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87000
  • Joined: 06/29/2009
  • Location:So Cal
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Counted 16 clubs in the bag so probably just swing aid/trainer as mentioned above

#12 TerranceOSU

TerranceOSU

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90636
  • Joined: 08/04/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Although off topic, what are those golf tees called that are in the photos from the Honda? Is there a thread to these anywhere?

#13 rafal

rafal

    PM2TM

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95401
  • Joined: 09/28/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 881

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

I haven't washed my clubs when I put them away for winter.  They play just as good(!!!) when I took em out last weekend.  I know, blows my mind.
TM SLDR S 12*
TM MINI 16*
TM SF 1.0 5W/7W
Ping G25 4-LW
TM DLL 35"

#14 Password Is Taco

Password Is Taco

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149957
  • Joined: 12/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

His clubs look like crap, he plays like crap - end of story.

He'd better hope another Tiger/Elin story comes up soon or his ugly mug will most likely never be on TV again.

#15 Marco

Marco

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostTerranceOSU, on 07 March 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Although off topic, what are those golf tees called that are in the photos from the Honda? Is there a thread to these anywhere?

yeah i wanna know that too, looks badass ahah

ME WANT SOME


#16 juslow

juslow

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37055
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostPassword Is Taco, on 07 March 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

His clubs look like crap, he plays like crap - end of story.

He'd better hope another Tiger/Elin story comes up soon or his ugly mug will most likely never be on TV again.


Money on it....... he has more game than you.

#17 candess

candess

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141003
  • Joined: 10/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostPassword Is Taco, on 07 March 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

His clubs look like crap, he plays like crap - end of story.

He'd better hope another Tiger/Elin story comes up soon or his ugly mug will most likely never be on TV again.

I don't think Jesper will be speaking on that subject again.

Quote

Crouse also spoke with Jesper Parnevik, who famously scolded Woods in  2009 for his marital transgressions, to better understand what it’s  like to be on the list of Those Who’ve Crossed Tiger. Said Parnevik:

“[Elin] didn’t really have anyone to  speak for her. Of course, I didn’t know it was going to explode as much  as it did in the media and so on. I would do it again. But of course,  it’s easier not to say anything. I think in any sport when you say  something about the stars, it’s not always a good thing for the person  who says it.”



#18 ron lefthanded holmes

ron lefthanded holmes

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113632
  • Joined: 08/27/2010
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:6.3
  • Ebay ID:ron02222325
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostPassword Is Taco, on 07 March 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

His clubs look like crap, he plays like crap - end of story.




i bet you wouldnt play him for money
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9*
Callaway X2Hot Pro 20*
Callaway Apex 4/PW
Black series i9
Cleveland 588 52* 58*

#19 Dcam207

Dcam207

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114527
  • Joined: 09/08/2010
  • Location:Warwickshire , England
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

View Postcandess, on 08 March 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

View PostPassword Is Taco, on 07 March 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

His clubs look like crap, he plays like crap - end of story.

He'd better hope another Tiger/Elin story comes up soon or his ugly mug will most likely never be on TV again.

I don't think Jesper will be speaking on that subject again.

Quote

Crouse also spoke with Jesper Parnevik, who famously scolded Woods in  2009 for his marital transgressions, to better understand what it's  like to be on the list of Those Who've Crossed Tiger. Said Parnevik:

"[Elin] didn't really have anyone to  speak for her. Of course, I didn't know it was going to explode as much  as it did in the media and so on. I would do it again. But of course,  it's easier not to say anything. I think in any sport when you say  something about the stars, it's not always a good thing for the person  who says it."


Yeah, heaven forbid that anyone should ever have the decency to speak up in support of a hurt friend.

#20 richard t

richard t

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85373
  • Joined: 06/11/2009
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

We could all use a friend that loyal. As for the clubs- well, it bears out the indian is more important than the arrow. Mine look a hundred times better. Would trade him for his game. I totally agree with the OP. You want to knock his game? Then call him up  and tell him you want to bet the ranch against him. Good Luck.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 candess

candess

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141003
  • Joined: 10/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

or heaven forbid anyone would set up their friend with known playboy  just to get in his inner circle and when the poop hits the fan act as if  you had no idea.
Jesper said that people used to tell him they saw  Tiger with other women and he blew it off and figured it was Elin &  her sister they saw him with. Nevermind Elin is more recognizable than  Jesper so whoever was telling Jesper about Tiger knew it was not Elin or  her sister or they would not have bothered to tell Jesper.

#22 bunter101

bunter101

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47370
  • Joined: 01/28/2008
  • Location:The Kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

View Postcandess, on 08 March 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

or heaven forbid anyone would set up their friend with known playboy  just to get in his inner circle and when the poop hits the fan act as if  you had no idea.
Jesper said that people used to tell him they saw  Tiger with other women and he blew it off and figured it was Elin &  her sister they saw him with. Nevermind Elin is more recognizable than  Jesper so whoever was telling Jesper about Tiger knew it was not Elin or  her sister or they would not have bothered to tell Jesper.

He wasn't a known playboy at that time. Jesper was in Tigers circle of friends at that time. Elin was Jespers nanny. Jesper introduced them.

#23 bunter101

bunter101

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47370
  • Joined: 01/28/2008
  • Location:The Kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

That old early metal driver will be filled with lead.
Swings it to loosen his back up which is shot to pieces.

#24 candess

candess

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141003
  • Joined: 10/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postbunter101, on 08 March 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

View Postcandess, on 08 March 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

or heaven forbid anyone would set up their friend with known playboy  just to get in his inner circle and when the poop hits the fan act as if  you had no idea.
Jesper said that people used to tell him they saw  Tiger with other women and he blew it off and figured it was Elin &  her sister they saw him with. Nevermind Elin is more recognizable than  Jesper so whoever was telling Jesper about Tiger knew it was not Elin or  her sister or they would not have bothered to tell Jesper.

He wasn't a known playboy at that time. Jesper was in Tigers circle of friends at that time. Elin was Jespers nanny. Jesper introduced them.

It appears Tiger and Jesper were casual acquaintances as best. Jesper was not in his inner circle. Tiger was a known playboy. He had been hanging out with Michael Jordan and Sir Charles years before he met Elin. Their partying was notorious.

Quote

Before she said yes to one of the world's most eligible bachelors, Elin  Nordegren had a couple of questions for Tiger Woods. She had heard some  things about him—that he was not quite the altar boy his public image  implied—so she sat him down and asked him point-blank about his  intentions. "Elin had talked to other golfers and their wives about  Tiger's wild parties," says one of her close friends. "When she asked  Tiger about it, he said he would stop doing it. And she believed him.  But he never did."


#25 QEight

QEight

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129410
  • Joined: 05/24/2011
  • Location:Finland
  • Handicap:15,4
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

I thought this was about Jesper's clubs, not about Tiger.

Posted Image

Titleist 950R
Titleist 910f 3W
Titleist 735cm
Vokey wedges
Odyssey Tri-Ball SRT

#26 Password Is Taco

Password Is Taco

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149957
  • Joined: 12/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Umm yeah I don't think I'd play Jesper either - but then again I've never been on television for my golf skills....

To educate the morons in this thread, I was never comparing myself to Jesper - I was merely pointing out the fact that relative to the rest of professional golf the guy has no talent and will probably never be on television again.  If you're willing to wager on that please PM me and I'll be happy to take your money, but considering you'd be completely retarded to bet on that I take it no one with any real money would make that bet.  

I know it's tough, but in the future please try to actually read a post and think about it before posting your poorly thought out opinion.  At no point did I compare my golfing skills to this Swedish hack.  That being said his ugly mug will probably never be seen on television again if he doesn't start playing better.

#27 candess

candess

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141003
  • Joined: 10/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostQEight, on 08 March 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

I thought this was about Jesper's clubs, not about Tiger.

Posted Image

Jesper has no real identity outside his association with Tiger even though he played on the PGA for years so whether the topic is about his clubs or his hair it will always come back to Tiger.
I can think of a few caddies that are more recognizable than Jesper. If you think about Amy Mickelson moves the needle in the PGA more than Jesper ever did and she's not even  a player.

#28 gators78

gators78

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Joined: 02/03/2011
  • Location:City of Champions
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 364

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostPassword Is Taco, on 08 March 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Umm yeah I don't think I'd play Jesper either - but then again I've never been on television for my golf skills....

To educate the morons in this thread, I was never comparing myself to Jesper - I was merely pointing out the fact that relative to the rest of professional golf the guy has no talent and will probably never be on television again.  If you're willing to wager on that please PM me and I'll be happy to take your money, but considering you'd be completely retarded to bet on that I take it no one with any real money would make that bet.  

I know it's tough, but in the future please try to actually read a post and think about it before posting your poorly thought out opinion.  At no point did I compare my golfing skills to this Swedish hack.  That being said his ugly mug will probably never be seen on television again if he doesn't start playing better.

I see somebody put on their golf forum muscles today.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors