Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Oh the things they will steal :(

72 replies to this topic

#31 Medic

Medic

Perfect Drive on 18th!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 985

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Posttobybear, on 07 March 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

To show that I am thankful I will be paying it forward.

That's what life is really all about. If there was more of this and less of the WIIFM train of thought, how much nicer would the world be for the lot of us?

TM R1 w/ Prolaunch Axis Platinum 60 XS
TM Rbz 17* 3 Wood HL
Callaway X 19* 5 Wood
Callaway X-24 Hot 4-SW
Cleveland CG-16 60*
Wilson 8802 35"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 The General

The General

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

this makes no sense.....there was no forced entry and it was locked when you got back to the car?? I know who stole it....David Coppefield.

#33 Tenwood

Tenwood

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68783
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postnbg352, on 06 March 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

This is the worst thread I've read today.....Sorry OP, for your loss.
This is the best thread I've read today.......You guys who've offered to help the OP are absolutely the greatest!

+1  Classy

#34 Konopski2

Konopski2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38689
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

That must be a horrible feeling. Hope you can find another one

#35 Suntower

Suntower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 154565
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostThe General, on 07 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

this makes no sense.....there was no forced entry and it was locked when you got back to the car?? I know who stole it....David Coppefield.

I had 3 GPS units stolen from my Yukon in about 10 days in the same mall parking lot. First time... "I thought I locked it... Oh well... lesson learned." Second time... "I know I heard the thing beep when I locked it! WTF?" Third time... "Okay, I pushed the button... closed the door... heard it lock and walked away. I give up." Each time the car was locked afterward.

The cops caught the guys a couple weeks later. They had a radio transmitter thingy and would just drive around the mall parking structure until they heard a car unlock. Then take 10 or 20 seconds to grab a couple things and move on.

I have since disabled the keyless entry on my truck.

#36 RGrinn13

RGrinn13

Bartle Doo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38529
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostSuntower, on 07 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostThe General, on 07 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

I had 3 GPS units stolen from my Yukon in about 10 days in the same mall parking lot. First time... "I thought I locked it... Oh well... lesson learned." Second time... "I know I heard the thing beep when I locked it! WTF?" Third time... "Okay, I pushed the button... closed the door... heard it lock and walked away. I give up." Each time the car was locked afterward.

The cops caught the guys a couple weeks later. They had a radio transmitter thingy and would just drive around the mall parking structure until they heard a car unlock. Then take 10 or 20 seconds to grab a couple things and move on.

I have since disabled the keyless entry on my truck.

This is scary...
Big Bertha Alpha - Oban Kiyoshi White
XHot 3Deep - Fuji Motore Speeder 7.2
913Hd 18 - Fuji Motore Speeder HB 8.8
Cally X-Prototype 3-9 - C-Taper
Vokey SM4 - 46/52/58 - C-Taper
'05 Scotty Newport Beach 1.5

#37 Password Is Taco

Password Is Taco

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149957
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Sorry man - between this and the guy who tracked down his clubs with his iPhone (see 19th hole, great story) I'm never leaving my clubs out of my sight again!  I'm serious about that - and it kind of makes me sad.

To the guys who offered replacements - hats off to you gents on a truly nice, genuine gesture.  It's great to play a game amongst a community of classy individuals such as yourselves - part of the reason it's so much fun to meet new people on the first tee.

#38 CaddiesFault

CaddiesFault

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152241
  • Ebay ID:brentregis
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

i once had all the change and my ipod stolen out of my truck but they left my clubs in the cab. must have been too heavy(praise the golf gods) as i heard the next day numerous cars had been broken into that night. the things desperate ppl will do...sorry for your loss, ive felt that pain.

edit:
tobybear ,we did a deal on the bst about a month ago as well. you were a great person to deal with and would recommend you to others in the future. im glad someone was able to help you because you surely didnt deserve what happened. props to all you guys.

Edited by MIgolfpro, 08 March 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#39 brodkorbtd

brodkorbtd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73010
  • Ebay ID:tdbrodkorb
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

This is why I have my golf clubs insured on their own personal articles policy through State Farm.  For the price of bottle of pop a week, I have the piece of mind that should my clubs can be replaced.  I know two or three people who've had their clubs stolen last summer.

#40 dutoim

dutoim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36737
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

BPark - YOU ROCK!!!!

View Postgolfballz, on 06 March 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostSmooth spin scott, on 06 March 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

View Postbpark1210, on 06 March 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Sorry for your loss. tragic.

I have a 56* oil can w/ pre cc grooves that is laying around collecting dust. If you would like it and pay for shipping it is yours. PM me for pics or info

Cool jesture bpark120...may the golf gods take care of you this year   :clapping:

+1 - Real cool offer.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 DaSportsGuy

DaSportsGuy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119432
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostSuntower, on 07 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

What does the radio transmitter do? Does it just not lock the cars or something? That is really scary.

I have a Ford Escape and I hate that the windows aren't tinted. I always fear someone walking by is going to look in the trunk, see the clubs and anything else I might have, bust in the window, grab it and take off.

#42 bobfoster

bobfoster

Best Sport on Earth. Ever.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104921
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

View Posttobybear, on 07 March 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

Hello Golfwrx community,

I would first like to say that I still have no idea how they managed to get into my car. The wedge was there when I left to go into the store and gone when I came back with no signs of forced entry. It was also locked.

I would also like to say that all of these offers are very generous, and that I was never expecting anybody to come forward the way they have. To anybody who will read this there is no more need to offer to send me a replacement wedge.

The original post was written with the initial frustration from having that stolen out from under me and as a warning to the members here that it can happen to you. Just be careful where you leave your clubs, is the advice that I can offer.  

To show that I am thankful I will be paying it forward.

Tell me what you need dude ... I've got a bunch of extra wedges in my garage ... seriously ... feel free to PM me ... I HATE hearing about stolen clubs (it has happened to me more than once) ... give me the specs on what you need ... I may be able to get it to you ...

Okay ... just went and looked ... I have a Titty SM58-08 sitting here ... TT DG shaft, Winn G8 grip. Give me an address ... it's yours ...

WRX is not a discussion board ... it is a family ...

Edited by bobfoster, 08 March 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#43 kyporter903

kyporter903

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164997

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Imagine what December 2012 will bring....

#44 oubravs2b

oubravs2b

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62786
  • Ebay ID:linus8

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Classy fellas!

#45 mylo

mylo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73135

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

I just had some clubs stolen from my trunk yesterday, I'm so pissed about this, never had anything stolen before. I decided to play my first round of the year in balmy Buffalo, played the round, stopped at the grocery store on the way home to keep the wife happy. I came out of the store, popped the trunk and no clubs. They also took my GPS. I have no idea how they got in but there was no damage and the car was 100% locked.

I'm a little lucky in that since it was so wet out I took my backup irons, woods, and putter but I have only 1 set of wedges so they're gone. I just got done refinishing the wedges myself, had them stripped, torched, paintfilled, they were beautiful. At least I got to hit them a few times. If anyone sees a set of Vokeys on the bay or CL, they are 52, 56, 60, all SM with orange paintfill please let me know. I guess I'll be saving my pennies and hope to have some wedges before the season starts :(

Edited by mylo, 12 March 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#46 rehbirdie

rehbirdie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120296
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

So walk back in and get some Crown for that coke. That's my solution.

#47 moonshine

moonshine

The Trace!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Ebay ID:chasj_r1
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postrehbirdie, on 13 March 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

So walk back in and get some Crown for that coke. That's my solution.
:rolleyes: and ruin the Crown?  Good luck OP!

#48 grizzlyblades

grizzlyblades

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66556
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

read an article about dummies stealing Tide to sell on the black market! TIDE? yes...the detergent!

#49 TravAz

TravAz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52825
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

Lol - I had a rookie car thief try to steal my mustang convertible. Cut the top, broke the ignition, then EINSTEIN realizes the mustang wont start without the chipped key in the ignition.

I sewed the top back up with fishing line and used iron on patches to try to seal it up.

The sick irony is I was googling car alarms WHILE he was trying to steal it.

F%@# people!

#50 oscarpepper

oscarpepper

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117152
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

What type of car? Ice picked. I know someone who had all 4 doors on their Suburban iced picked.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 ucdan5

ucdan5

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121185
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Someone broke into my old BMW (after someone else tried prying the back door open 2 weeks earlier). I had 2 GPS' in there, my golf clubs at the time, 2 pairs of nice sunglasses in the glove box. They took the change from my center console.

So they broke my window, for about $2.48 worth of change.... My window was broken, and the piece inside the door was broken as well and it ended up costing me about $508 to get it all fixed. Figures, I had a $500 deductible, so I didn't even bother filing a claim.

Consider yourself lucky to only lose out on a wedge and not have to replace a window and parts to your door. If I had an extra 58* or 60* Titleist wedge I'd gladly give it to you. I sold my extra Titleist wedges a few months ago.

I might have an extra Mizuno MP-10 wedge at my Father in Law's place. It's a 58/10 I believe if it's still there. Let me know if you don't mind a Mizzy instead. For the cost of buying one on the Bay, it might be cheaper than shipping costs to Canada from S. Jersey.

Adams Super LS Matrix MFS Woven LT
TEE CB4 15* Fujikura Rombax 7V05
TEE CB4 19* Matrix Studio 94
Mizuno MP-59 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
Miura 1957 51Y & 55C Modus3 Tour 120
Fourteen MT28V5 60* Modus3 Tour 120

#52 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

Must've been a Canucks fan who stole it.....

#53 C-Law

C-Law

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128475
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I had my entire bag stolen out of my car one time, worst feeling in the world.  I felt sick for days.  It wasnt about the money or anything, it was knowing some a hole is out there getting enjoyment out of MY clubs.

#54 Curtis_Kirk

Curtis_Kirk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139094
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

In college, I had my car window broken too.  I assume they saw the radar detector and sony discman (yes, back when they were new and popular) and thought they needed the stuff more than I did.  FORTUNATELY for me, they left the golf clubs (Titleist Tour Models) in the back seat.  Apparently, it was a hip-hoppin, speed freak who didn't play golf.  That was 20 years ago, and to this day, I think about how glad I was that they took everything of value except the items I loved the most.  Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  That does suck.  Kudos to all of you that have offered to help.

#55 play18now

play18now

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168251
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

As much as this does pain me to hear I too am pleased by the show of support.  Just FYI guys most major car manufacturers don't have THAT many master keys.  As recently as just a few years ago, Toyota only had like 8 or 10, and every car they made was locked with one of those key patterns.  The best thieves will just have a set.  No alarms, no marks.  It only takes one professional thief who happens to be a golf addict.

Titleist 910D2 8.5, Oban Devotion 7
Titleist 910F 13.5, Motore Speeder 7.0
TItleist 910F 19, Diamana Kai'li 70
Mizuno MP-32 4-PW, S400
Titleist Vokey 52.08, 56.14, 60.04
Ping Redwood Anser

#56 salmon28

salmon28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196760

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

View Postbpark1210, on 06 March 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Sorry for your loss. tragic.

I have a 56* oil can w/ pre cc grooves that is laying around collecting dust. If you would like it and pay for shipping it is yours. PM me for pics or info

hello if you still have it im up for it how much and where do you live

#57 scotto69

scotto69

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70419
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

When I first got into golf almost 20 years ago, someone left their whole bag of top of the line clubs at the course I worked at. The first thing some spoiled rich kid co-worker said was "You should take those...they're just the kind you want".

Unbelievable. I had to make sure they were locked up and safe from employees of the course as well as other golfers.

I left a cleveland wedge near a practice green once and the pro shop guys started laughing when I asked if anyone turned it in.

#58 pencilwhipper

pencilwhipper

Advanced

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178532
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

I had a 2 day old Bettinardi that was stolen right out of my bag at a local golf course. I was ready to pounce on every single person there. My lesson learned? It was probably just karma. and i let it go.

#59 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

I thought this was going to be another Taylormade or Cameron hater thread before I clicked the link.

#60 Willie Malay

Willie Malay

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183598
GolfWRX Likes : 458

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostHackerVance, on 06 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

If you had left a Hammer driver in your car there would have been two there when you got back.

Priceless..................POW!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors