Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping I20 Shaft question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ukgolfguy

ukgolfguy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18280
  • Ebay ID:ukgolfguy
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I went along to a Ping demo day and got fitted for a I20 9.5 stiff with the 707 shaft. As always at demo days, i was hitting the ball really well. I bought the I20 and now my ball flight is all over the place. My question is, my old driver was a G10 with a stiff Diamana blueboard shaft. If i swapped the shaft over, would this make a big difference to the club. Any suggestions would be great.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 rocketballz

rocketballz

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146811

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

What is your SS and tempo. The I20 TFC shaft is one of the better shafts out there. I would probably check your swing, are you trying to kill it? I hit the I20 very well with a control fade, I can also draw it...

#3 ukgolfguy

ukgolfguy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

I think you could be right, my swing speed is around 101 with a smooth swing. My natural shot is a draw, but you can hit a strong fade with this club as well. More time spent down the range for me i think.

#4 the seanna

the seanna

Tour Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26147
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Believe it or not I think the ping shaft is stiffer...the blue board has a smooth soft feel to me. I also got fit could not hit the stock shaft at all.  Went with the project x ...maybe just something clicked while you were fit. And now your back to your normal swing. Id say go for it switch it out.  Your use to the blue and know what to expect. Basically a head is a head. The only thing I noticed with my I20 is how soft the ball feels coming off the face...no matter what ball I tried..

#5 rocker40

rocker40

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97266
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Dont rush to swap the shaft.  Take some more time with the driver before switching it.  

Or atleast try and find a store to demo the driver again.  Go in the store like you dont have one at home and get recommendations.

#6 steven-m-rose

steven-m-rose

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89703

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Stick with it for a while sure it will work out, I was at a demo night last night got the i20 irons, have a G20 driver but tried the i20 with the PX6.0 but fitter figured I would get more from the TFC707 results were great, cannot remember the figures but on the trackman swing speed was 103-109 and the TFC gave me a slightly lower launch still high but low spin, taking it to the course at the weekend, Steve

#7 ukgolfguy

ukgolfguy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

I took it up the range today, and hit about 100 drives. I dropped the club a little with the grip and perfect i am in love again. I think this is a driver you need to hit, rather than steer as i did with my G10. The driver love is back, and looking forward to taking it on my golf trip to New Zealand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors