Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Clubfitters in Twin City Area


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 venand

venand

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78421
  • Joined: 03/26/2009
  • Location:Hopkins, MN
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hey Minnesota WRXers. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good club fitter in the TC metro? I know Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy both fit clubs, but sometimes I doubt their sophistication and knowledge. Start it up the forum


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Titclemiz

Titclemiz

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73140
  • Joined: 01/18/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Several years ago I was fitted at Mereidian Golf with Andy Thompson. I thought they did a great job identifying which type of shaft, etc I needed, and they were very accurate. I didn't have any clubs made up there but their recommendations were excellent.

I believe it's now called "Totally Driven Golf".

Good luck and no affilation at all.

#3 venand

venand

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78421
  • Joined: 03/26/2009
  • Location:Hopkins, MN
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostTitclemiz, on 25 February 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Several years ago I was fitted at Mereidian Golf with Andy Thompson. I thought they did a great job identifying which type of shaft, etc I needed, and they were very accurate. I didn't have any clubs made up there but their recommendations were excellent.

I believe it's now called "Totally Driven Golf".

Good luck and no affilation at all.

I had a buddy look into totally driven, but said they were spendy. I'll have to check them out myself. Thanks for the redo.

#4 Augster

Augster

    Mr. Fairway

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30291
  • Joined: 05/31/2007
  • Location:MPLS, MN
  • Ebay ID:augster..8
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

I have my clubs done by Joe at Joe's Custom Clubs in Columbia Heights.  A link to his info:

http://www.clubmaker...tid=7&start=104

Joe's Custom Clubs
4457 2nd St NE
Columbia Heights, MN 55421
763-234-2223
j.moravick@comcast.net


I wouldn't call his work "cheap" but no true custom-clubfitting is.  

Joe does everything.  He has a new Flightscope X2 set up, does MOI matching, custom fit/bend putters, everything.  And he's a great guy and quite flexible schedule-wise from my dealings with him.

#5 bsugolf09

bsugolf09

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82463
  • Joined: 05/09/2009
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Ebay ID:bsugolf08
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Drive the extra 45-60 mi and go see Chad Seim in at Territory in St. Cloud.  Guy worked on the Cleveland Tour van for years and worked with Vijay and the likes.  Unreal fitting.  So much better than your standard lie board crap.  Lie boards always put me at 1.5-3* upright.  Could never figure out why everytime I hit the ball purely, I hit a 30 yard hook.  He fit me by sight, sound, and ball flight, bent my clubs to 2* flat and I was hitting a very small cut, which my swing is built for.  If only I would have figured it out or found someone like this 10 years ago...

Biggest change you'll notice is in the short clubs.  It's unreal what properly fit short irons and wedges will do for your game.  Incredible stuff.  PM me and I'll give you his info!  I'm sure you'll get a great deal.

Edited by bsugolf09, 06 April 2012 - 10:19 AM.


#6 tommyh9991

tommyh9991

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80744
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

I got fit at Totally Driven. Awesome decision. I did not think it was all that spendy at all if you purchase the clubs through them. They have all the top of the line launch monitors (Flightscope) and tons and tons of different heads and shafts. They do not rush you at all, they have you keep hitting until  you find the perfect fit for your game. I only got fit for my woods while i was there but with the purchase of the clubs I only paid an additional $63 for the fitting. With the amount of time I spend there it was well worth the deal. I am still looking forward to going back in the near future for an iron fitting. I highly suggest getting fit at Totally Driven

#7 Gotblades

Gotblades

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74979
  • Joined: 02/10/2009
  • Location:United States
  • Ebay ID:hrollins68
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Well, here goes!

I personally run a hobby/side business shop in Maple Grove.   I have had a few WRX'rs have their stuff done by me.  I have also had some professional athletes use me by referral and I could provide their (the WRXr'S) info if you want references.  

Here's the deal:   I run it out of my home.  I have all the building equipment and enough fitting equipment to get a solid job done without the high cost.   I do a lot of fitting based on sight and sound as well.  

I can blueprint, progressive swing-weight, spine, etc....

Best of all, I don't do this for a living and as a result I have no real need to charge a fortune for top notch work.

Thanks!

Brent

#8 danfido

danfido

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126589
  • Joined: 04/13/2011
  • Location:Little Canada, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

That's shameless, blades!


But seriously, Gotblades fit my last set and I won't go anywhere else again.  I haven't price shopped around, but in my more recent, formidable golfing years, I've bought my clubs used on here, which seems to make it a bit more challenging to go to a big-box to get the work done.  If they do it at all, they're going to charge an arm and a leg for it.  Totally Driven certainly gets all the praise locally, but frankly I don't have the budget for it, and I'm not buying new.

I went to Brent on the recommendation of another WRX'er, completely unsure of what I was walking into.  He started off by being completely transparent over email, giving me exact prices before I even showed up.  That's a big deal to me because of my budget, I didn't want to be surprised by anything!  Brent was super easy to talk to, he didn't care that my handicap was a third of the way to triple digits, he did great work, he got it back to me fast, and didn't charge me a fortune.  On my MP33's, he did the full get-up: blueprinting, shaft extensions, spine align, new grips, etc and had it not been for the Easter weekend, he would've had them back to me within about three days.  He got into much further detail than Golfsmith when they fit my last set, and he did it for much cheaper.  He even did his best at grinding out a sizable nibble out of the sole of my 6-iron.  He didn't make it disappear, but I left knowing it wasn't going to screw up my play.

Heck, I've sent him half a dozen emails over the last year asking his thoughts on BST purchases, driver reviews, etc, and he hasn't chased me off with a shotgun yet!  I don't know how he feels about it, but I consider him a friend now, and that's huge when I'm trusting dollars to someone who I'm asking to help improve my hobby.

Long story less long, don't hesitate to PM myself or Gotblades to get more details or a more detailed reference (HA!)

Paul

#9 winn0040

winn0040

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31452
  • Joined: 06/12/2007
  • Location:Minneapolis
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostGotblades, on 07 March 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well, here goes!

I personally run a hobby/side business shop in Maple Grove.   I have had a few WRX'rs have their stuff done by me.  I have also had some professional athletes use me by referral and I could provide their (the WRXr'S) info if you want references.  

Here's the deal:   I run it out of my home.  I have all the building equipment and enough fitting equipment to get a solid job done without the high cost.   I do a lot of fitting based on sight and sound as well.  

I can blueprint, progressive swing-weight, spine, etc....

Best of all, I don't do this for a living and as a result I have no real need to charge a fortune for top notch work.

Thanks!

Brent

This ^

I would highly recommend Stinky's Golf Shop to anyone in the area.  VERY reasonable pricing, quality work, and Brent pays specific attention to what is best for YOU as the customer.  As he mentioned, he does it as a hobby so making sure things are done properly is his top priority.  There's something to be said for getting satisfaction out of doing quality work, and this is a prime example of just that.  Can't say enough good things!  Try him out and I bet you'll be going back...

Edited by winn0040, 07 March 2012 - 04:11 PM.


#10 Gotblades

Gotblades

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74979
  • Joined: 02/10/2009
  • Location:United States
  • Ebay ID:hrollins68
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Winn and Danfido!!!   You guys are awesome!

That was QUICK too!  

WINN, Thanks for mentioning the shop's semi-official name:  Stinky's Golf Shop.    (NOT because of personal hygiene)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 SwagginAP2

SwagginAP2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109615
  • Joined: 06/17/2010
  • Location:Twin Cities
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

3rd vote for Brent(Gotblades)

I was the WRXer who put Paul in contact with Brent after responding to a fairly similar post a year or so ago.  

Brent is excellent and does a fantastic, thorough job.  Due to the awesome, detailed descriptions that Paul and Winn provided, I don't know what more to say.

I guess I will say this, at the very least, drop him a line and let him earn your business.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Good luck,

Ryan

#12 Gotblades

Gotblades

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74979
  • Joined: 02/10/2009
  • Location:United States
  • Ebay ID:hrollins68
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostSwagginAP2, on 07 March 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

3rd vote for Brent(Gotblades)

I was the WRXer who put Paul in contact with Brent after responding to a fairly similar post a year or so ago.  

Brent is excellent and does a fantastic, thorough job.  Due to the awesome, detailed descriptions that Paul and Winn provided, I don't know what more to say.

I guess I will say this, at the very least, drop him a line and let him earn your business.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Good luck,

Ryan




Thanks Ryan!

Your Titleists were fun to build!

#13 Fatsack540

Fatsack540

    Club HO

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91847
  • Joined: 08/16/2009
  • Location:MN
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

View Postwinn0040, on 07 March 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostGotblades, on 07 March 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well, here goes!

I personally run a hobby/side business shop in Maple Grove.   I have had a few WRX'rs have their stuff done by me.  I have also had some professional athletes use me by referral and I could provide their (the WRXr'S) info if you want references.  

Here's the deal:   I run it out of my home.  I have all the building equipment and enough fitting equipment to get a solid job done without the high cost.   I do a lot of fitting based on sight and sound as well.  

I can blueprint, progressive swing-weight, spine, etc....

Best of all, I don't do this for a living and as a result I have no real need to charge a fortune for top notch work.

Thanks!

Brent

This ^

I would highly recommend Stinky's Golf Shop to anyone in the area.  VERY reasonable pricing, quality work, and Brent pays specific attention to what is best for YOU as the customer.  As he mentioned, he does it as a hobby so making sure things are done properly is his top priority.  There's something to be said for getting satisfaction out of doing quality work, and this is a prime example of just that.  Can't say enough good things!  Try him out and I bet you'll be going back...

Here goes another vote on how good of work Brent does.... As said by a few others before, Brent does very quality work at a better price that you will find at the big stores. I have had a few sets of irons built by him and wont go anywhere else now. As a matter of fact I will be going over to his shop this weekend to get everything all tuned up for the season along with a fellow wrx'er so he can get almost a entire bag built. If your looking for quality work shoot him a PM and I am sure you will have a new club builder you can trust....And he might even go out and hack a few into the woods with you...Posted Image
Taylormade R1 10.5*
Callaway X Hot 15*
Adams Speedline VST 18*
Bridgestone J40 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 50,54,60*
Odyssey Metal X #6 35"

#14 Gotblades

Gotblades

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74979
  • Joined: 02/10/2009
  • Location:United States
  • Ebay ID:hrollins68
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostFatsack540, on 08 March 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Postwinn0040, on 07 March 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostGotblades, on 07 March 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well, here goes!

I personally run a hobby/side business shop in Maple Grove.   I have had a few WRX'rs have their stuff done by me.  I have also had some professional athletes use me by referral and I could provide their (the WRXr'S) info if you want references.  

Here's the deal:   I run it out of my home.  I have all the building equipment and enough fitting equipment to get a solid job done without the high cost.   I do a lot of fitting based on sight and sound as well.  

I can blueprint, progressive swing-weight, spine, etc....

Best of all, I don't do this for a living and as a result I have no real need to charge a fortune for top notch work.

Thanks!

Brent

This ^

I would highly recommend Stinky's Golf Shop to anyone in the area.  VERY reasonable pricing, quality work, and Brent pays specific attention to what is best for YOU as the customer.  As he mentioned, he does it as a hobby so making sure things are done properly is his top priority.  There's something to be said for getting satisfaction out of doing quality work, and this is a prime example of just that.  Can't say enough good things!  Try him out and I bet you'll be going back...

Here goes another vote on how good of work Brent does.... As said by a few others before, Brent does very quality work at a better price that you will find at the big stores. I have had a few sets of irons built by him and wont go anywhere else now. As a matter of fact I will be going over to his shop this weekend to get everything all tuned up for the season along with a fellow wrx'er so he can get almost a entire bag built. If your looking for quality work shoot him a PM and I am sure you will have a new club builder you can trust....And he might even go out and hack a few into the woods with you...Posted Image


Sack!  You're da man!!!

#15 bsugolf09

bsugolf09

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82463
  • Joined: 05/09/2009
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Ebay ID:bsugolf08
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

not to hijack this thread, because it's been very on-point, but with the coming weather, what day (roughly) are you guys in the metro looking at for course openings?



#16 tommyh9991

tommyh9991

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80744
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

loggers trail and sawmill open the 13th. www.twincitiesgolf.com posts most of the openings




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors