Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Nike Techno Unitized

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Nike Techno Unitized (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. 4 (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. 3 (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 1 (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 171

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:21 PM

techno.jpg

Nike Techno Unitized Putter

These Nike Unitized putters are engineered to transmit vibrations that resonate with the golfer’s natural sensory systems. This putter’s unitized construction also provides unparalleled feel. The result? Remarkably improved feedback that translates into better distance control. The absence of a shaft-to-head bond provides a clean look at address. CNC precision-milled 303 stainless clubhead. WINN Advanced Integration Pistol Grip.

Human hands are most sensitive to vibrations from 100 Hz to 300 Hz - an optimal range that allows for the most tactile feedback. Traditional bonded putters generate a dominant vibration far outside the optimal sensitivity range. Unitized construction creates a powerful and sustained response within the optimal range for pure feedback. Better feedback means better distance control.

Press Release:

Nike Golf Previews Revolutionary Line of New Putters – The Unitized

BEAVERTON, Ore. (August 16, 2006) – Nike Golf’s revolutionary design and engineering will elevate the importance of touch and feel in putting to a whole new level with the introduction of its line of Unitized putters this fall. The four Unitized models, which are promising to be the most technologically advanced putters in the market, were officially unveiled by Nike Golf executives and designers at a special Unitized preview event during the PGA Championship in Chicago, IL. Nike Golf Tour athlete Paul Casey, who recently won on the PGA European Tour with a Unitized putter prototype, also attended the preview occasion.

The Unitized, which takes its name from the definition “to make a single unit,” holds the distinction of being the only putter in the marketplace that has the head and shaft designed and engineered as one piece. As such, Nike Golf’s seamless construction creates an express line straight from the putter face to the grip, with no stops along the way to interrupt frequencies between the putter head and the golfer’s hands. This delivers a pure response and unparalleled feel, a sense of touch which is further enhanced by the forged head and precision milled face. Unitized’s better feedback translates into better distance control for fewer putts.

Nike Golf is introducing four models within the Unitized putter line -- the Tiempo, Retro, Neo and the Techno. With four head designs to suit any golfer’s preference, each of the four models shares the same Unitized optimal feel technology, along with a distinctive visual differentiation that is brought about by the straighter, cleaner look of the head/shaft unit, and by the uniform black nickel plating of the head/shaft unit. All four feature the WINN Advanced Integration Pistol Grip, and True Temper Straight Taper steel shaft technology.

Retail stores and golf shops nationwide will carry the Unitized putters beginning November 1, 2006. Available in 33”, 34” and 35” lengths, and right and left handed, each of the four models will carry a suggested retail price of $299.00.

The introduction of the Unitized putter comes at a time when Nike Golf is enjoying its rise as arguably the fastest growing golf company in the industry.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 msu_golfer

msu_golfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13098
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

The putter feels absolutely amazing, very crisp.  Very wasy to line up!!!

Edited by msu_golfer, 26 May 2007 - 05:38 PM.

#3 Danegerousds

Danegerousds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90626
  • Ebay ID:brewcewayne

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

I am not terribly convinced this putter is all it was meant to be. I really enjoy the solid construction and unified shaft/head, but it really seems to have a wobbly back end to me. Maybe I just need more weight, but I seem to push or pull my putts far too often to love this putter.

#4 oliversax

oliversax

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53703
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I just found a LH demo model from Roger Dunn Santa Ana, CA hidden in the back of the 'used' rack, picked it up and started draining everything in site. Very rare for me to get that 'love at 1st sight' feeling because I've been gaming my Ping CrazE for 8 years, but that's just it -- this thing feels amazing, like a tuning fork in your hands. Head to head, my CrazE feels like I still have the head cover on it vs the 'ting' vibration running clear up to my elbows of the Nike Unitized Techno (NUT for short, haha).

I'd never heard of this putter, so when I got back to TX, did a bit of internet searching and whammo,  it's like the white rhino: rare and unseen, but legendary, I dare say. I absolutely love the thought they put into the technology of fusing head and shaft.

We've all had our honeymoons with putters. I'm hoping this translates onto the golf course. I'm like a smitten schoolboy.

Anyone still gaming this Beast of the Southern Wild?

#5 Jiffyp0p02

Jiffyp0p02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 154953

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I bought the NUT about 3 years ago. Have tried other putters and nothing feels as good.

#6 oliversax

oliversax

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I guess you and I are the only 2 lonesomes using this oldie but goodie, Jiffy. I took it out for a round of golf for the 1st time yesterday and my lag putts were terrific. If speed is the most important part of putting, then this putter has definitely helped with my feel and speed control.

#7 QuickFeet

QuickFeet

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68520
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

The whole Unitized line was very good...........just a little ahead of its time for most people.

#8 oliversax

oliversax

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostQuickFeet, on 21 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

The whole Unitized line was very good...........just a little ahead of its time for most people.

I guess we can say, 'Back to the Future.'

That's good for us cheapos, able to pick up a used one for a song.  I found mine at Roger Dunn Golf Shop in Santa Ana for $19.99. Amazing, right? Then put a one of those SuperStroke grips on it = $28... haha. Grip cost more than putter.

Sadly, after regripping, I actually felt the original grip that came with the putter gave better feel. I'm prolly gonna switch back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors