Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping I20 Driver versus the Rapture V2


31 replies to this topic

#1 Pingi

Pingi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90394
  • Joined: 08/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Need some thougths on making this change...........All things equal what are the advantages or disadvantages of moving from the Rapture V2 to the I20 Driver.  
I am a 10 Handicapp and swing my driver at about 104.  I want to make the change but have had really good resutls with the Rapture.  

Any distance gain moving to the I20?

Edited by Pingi, 11 February 2012 - 10:57 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 mikeoxlongball

mikeoxlongball

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134022
  • Joined: 07/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

#3 Pingi

Pingi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90394
  • Joined: 08/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft


I use a 10.5 with the Rapture

#4 coffee-cup

coffee-cup

    Advanced

  • Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80290
  • Joined: 04/16/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

 Pingi, on 11 February 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Need some thougths on making this change...........All things equal what are the advantages or disadvantages of moving from the Rapture V2 to the I20 Driver.  
I am a 10 Handicapp and swing my driver at about 104.  I want to make the change but have had really good resutls with the Rapture.  

Any distance gain moving to the I20?

Impossible to tell without knowing your spin rate and launch angle.

#5 TeeBonZ

TeeBonZ

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 944
  • Joined: 05/25/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

A little off the topic, but what don't you like about the Rapture?  

I'm thinking of trying the highly coveted V2/BB combo.


#6 woods991

woods991

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29516
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:cleveland, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

SS is fine for the i20, the driver is more forgiving than the G15 and the head is low spinning but not that low, so unless you produce very little spin look elsewhere.  But I am sure it will be fine with that swing speed.  The club launches higher than one may think, I am not sure if it has to do with in my opinion the lofts being off or what.  Great driver, feels better than the V2 and is more forgiving than the V2.
Callaway Big Bertha '14 KK proto
Callaway X hot 20 diamana ilima 70
Mizzy MP-54 KBS Tour 110 4-PW
Nike Tour Issue Forged 52,56,60 w/ TTDG
Cleveland 588 Mt 19 w/KBS C Taper
Seemore tour issue m1 Private Reserve

#7 ROBOPTI

ROBOPTI

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15525
  • Joined: 06/16/2006
  • Location:THE BIG EASY - NAWLINS
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I can't speak to the I20 ... but ....

The V2 Rapture is easily one of the lowest spinning heads I have ever hit ... and an absolutely AWESOME driver. VERY !!!!!! under-rated and forgotten. It will hang with anything

Just my 2 cents

#8 georgiaboy

georgiaboy

    paralysis by analysis

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122109
  • Joined: 02/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.

#9 Pingi

Pingi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90394
  • Joined: 08/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

 TeeBonZ, on 11 February 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

A little off the topic, but what don't you like about the Rapture?  

I'm thinking of trying the highly coveted V2/BB combo.


I have no issue with the Rapture.  Its been one of the best drivers I have ever had....and by a good bit the longest.  Just interested in the I20.

#10 getinthehole

getinthehole

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43632
  • Joined: 12/10/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

The 5.5 in the project x black could be used by very moderate swing speeds. I tried one with a cpm reading of 234. Even at 95 mph, I got my best numbers with a 10.5 px 6.0.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 wolfpack

wolfpack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89944
  • Joined: 07/28/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

It's going to be tough to beat the V2 with anything that comes out ever.   Unless they change the USGA specification rules you have about as good of a driver as you can get.
Cobra Bio Cell 12* White Tie 6x3
RBZ Tour 5 Rip Beta 80X 17.5*
Ping G10 Hybrid 21* Steelfiber 80s
Ping Eye 2+ BECU 5-PW JZ stiff
TM Rac 58 Y/ Eye 2+ SW
Ping Scottsdale TR Anser T

#12 mikeoxlongball

mikeoxlongball

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134022
  • Joined: 07/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

 Pingi, on 11 February 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft


I use a 10.5 with the Rapture
Get fitted... I mean the technology in the v2 is almost identical to i20 just a different grade titanium and finish. What shaft in your rapture?

#13 mikeoxlongball

mikeoxlongball

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134022
  • Joined: 07/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

 georgiaboy, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.
Yes be THAT guy and get it cause you like it or your favorite player plays it. Genius really having a club fitted for your swing is dumb dumb dumb listen to Georgia lady

#14 Bama

Bama

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55421
  • Joined: 05/09/2008
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:emuney8
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

 georgiaboy, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.

Plus one. It's a nice stick.
Driver: Cobra BioCell, Project X
3 wood:  Ping Rapture 14 deg NVS
Hybrids: Cobra BioCell, Project X
Irons: Ping g5 (3-UW) White, LS lite
Wedges: Vokey 56.08;
Putter: Ping Scottsdale Answer 2, red

#15 georgiaboy

georgiaboy

    paralysis by analysis

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122109
  • Joined: 02/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

 georgiaboy, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.
Yes be THAT guy and get it cause you like it or your favorite player plays it. Genius really having a club fitted for your swing is dumb dumb dumb listen to Georgia lady

Posted Imagepdaero, on 08 February 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

PING, thanks for answering our questions! It is much appreciated.

How does the i20 driver compare to the Rapture V2 that I'm currently playing? I'm interested in something that still has lower spin, but is a little more forgiving and still workable. I loved the G15, but would love to get one of these!


[Brad} The biggest similarities between both drivers is that they're both low spin heads. They also both share tungsten weighting technology to optimize MOI for greater forgiveness. In the i20 we've expanded the level of forgiveness versus the Rapture V2 and the i15 while at the same time producing improved launch conditions. We've optimized the aerodynamics of the head and shifted the hosel position to help increase ball speed. The center of gravity position is moved lower and further forward relative to the G20 which helps create approximately 20% lower spin.





So I read in this answer from the "Ping tech talk" earlier this week, Greater forgiveness Improved launch conditions, Better Aerodynamics, Increase in ball speed, Both low spin heads. Ping.com list the i20 as "forgiveness: High, and Club disign: game improvement and compitition" But i guess reading all this you couldn't hit the i20 because your swing speed is just 10-15 MPH above average.... Also if getting fit you couldn't get fit with this head in mind, loft lie and shaft. Come on "mikeoxlongball" he was asking about this head not for someone to tell him what's the perfect head for his swing without being fit or seeing his swing.


#16 Asics10

Asics10

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113886
  • Joined: 08/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

I was planning on starting this exact thread.  I still play the v2 and its hard to beat for distance and low spin.  
Has anyone hit both on a launch monitor to make a comparison?

#17 elay95

elay95

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131883
  • Joined: 06/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

I know the i series woods have been about workability. Is the V2 very workable? i read somewhere that it's so so with workability, but if we're comparing these two then i would think it would be...
I asked on another thread and didn't get an answer Posted Image please give me some help or advice!

#18 mikeoxlongball

mikeoxlongball

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134022
  • Joined: 07/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

 georgiaboy, on 12 February 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

 georgiaboy, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.
Yes be THAT guy and get it cause you like it or your favorite player plays it. Genius really having a club fitted for your swing is dumb dumb dumb listen to Georgia lady

Posted Imagepdaero, on 08 February 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

PING, thanks for answering our questions! It is much appreciated.

How does the i20 driver compare to the Rapture V2 that I'm currently playing? I'm interested in something that still has lower spin, but is a little more forgiving and still workable. I loved the G15, but would love to get one of these!


[Brad} The biggest similarities between both drivers is that they're both low spin heads. They also both share tungsten weighting technology to optimize MOI for greater forgiveness. In the i20 we've expanded the level of forgiveness versus the Rapture V2 and the i15 while at the same time producing improved launch conditions. We've optimized the aerodynamics of the head and shifted the hosel position to help increase ball speed. The center of gravity position is moved lower and further forward relative to the G20 which helps create approximately 20% lower spin.





So I read in this answer from the "Ping tech talk" earlier this week, Greater forgiveness Improved launch conditions, Better Aerodynamics, Increase in ball speed, Both low spin heads. Ping.com list the i20 as "forgiveness: High, and Club disign: game improvement and compitition" But i guess reading all this you couldn't hit the i20 because your swing speed is just 10-15 MPH above average.... Also if getting fit you couldn't get fit with this head in mind, loft lie and shaft. Come on "mikeoxlongball" he was asking about this head not for someone to tell him what's the perfect head for his swing without being fit or seeing his swing.

Like I said just go ahead and get the i20 and I'll buy it from you off the BST when it doesn't work out for you. Georgia boy "compitition", "disign"?? Really? Your really great at copy and paste but come on.... Enjoy the i20

#19 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

 mikeoxlongball, on 12 February 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

 georgiaboy, on 12 February 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

 georgiaboy, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.
Yes be THAT guy and get it cause you like it or your favorite player plays it. Genius really having a club fitted for your swing is dumb dumb dumb listen to Georgia lady

Posted Imagepdaero, on 08 February 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

PING, thanks for answering our questions! It is much appreciated.

How does the i20 driver compare to the Rapture V2 that I'm currently playing? I'm interested in something that still has lower spin, but is a little more forgiving and still workable. I loved the G15, but would love to get one of these!


[Brad} The biggest similarities between both drivers is that they're both low spin heads. They also both share tungsten weighting technology to optimize MOI for greater forgiveness. In the i20 we've expanded the level of forgiveness versus the Rapture V2 and the i15 while at the same time producing improved launch conditions. We've optimized the aerodynamics of the head and shifted the hosel position to help increase ball speed. The center of gravity position is moved lower and further forward relative to the G20 which helps create approximately 20% lower spin.





So I read in this answer from the "Ping tech talk" earlier this week, Greater forgiveness Improved launch conditions, Better Aerodynamics, Increase in ball speed, Both low spin heads. Ping.com list the i20 as "forgiveness: High, and Club disign: game improvement and compitition" But i guess reading all this you couldn't hit the i20 because your swing speed is just 10-15 MPH above average.... Also if getting fit you couldn't get fit with this head in mind, loft lie and shaft. Come on "mikeoxlongball" he was asking about this head not for someone to tell him what's the perfect head for his swing without being fit or seeing his swing.

Like I said just go ahead and get the i20 and I'll buy it from you off the BST when it doesn't work out for you. Georgia boy "compitition", "disign"?? Really? Your really great at copy and paste but come on.... Enjoy the i20


Pretty sure you got his drift regardless of extremely minor spelling mistakes, tough crowd.

His cut and paste of pdaero's info was superb information and just what i wanted to see.

#20 jasonc

jasonc

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48734
  • Joined: 02/12/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

I got my best numbers with the Project X 6.0 with the 10.5 head.  My swing speed is approx 107 and tops off at 110 when I really go for it.  It was a surprising outcome as all my past drivers were 9.5 loft.  I went in thinking I would be going home with the the Ping TFC 707D/9.5 head as they advertize as slightly stiffer/lower launching then the PX and I was wrong.  
I say for swing speed under 110 most can benefit from a higher lofted club but you never know until you get properly fitted.  The PX felt very stable for my swing.  The TFC felt good too but I got slightly better numbers with the PX and also for my swing the PX just felt right for me.  This was the first  time I really took the extra time to get fitted properly and glad I did.

Edited by jasonc, 12 February 2012 - 12:58 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Pleasedwith3putts

Pleasedwith3putts

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14749
  • Joined: 05/13/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

I just had a session on a launch monitor to compare;

Rapture v2 9 degrees with Attas 6S

G20 digitally lofted to 9.5 with tour AD DI 6s

I20 9.5 with TFC stiff


I was swinging the club consistently around 104mph and my conclusions were

V2 - easily the lowest spinning combo at about 2,500 rpms but 12* launch
G20 - launch up to 15* and spin around 3,200 rpms
i20 - launch similar to G20 and spun to the moon at 4,000 rpms  :russian_roulette:

Not much in it in terms of ballspeed across all 3 with G20 most forgiving, followed by i20 and V2 least. Otically the V2 head looks a lot more compact than the other 2.

I've owned most drivers Ping has produced and I'm gonna pass on the i20 as it was no real improvement on the G20 for me and as ROBOPTI has sais, the V" will still hang with anything, its just a little less forgiving than some of the current crop albeit feels nicer for me

#22 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
  • Joined: 05/19/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looks like the shaft and actual loft caused a lot of difference there.

#23 Pingi

Pingi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90394
  • Joined: 08/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

 Pingi, on 11 February 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft


I use a 10.5 with the Rapture
Get fitted... I mean the technology in the v2 is almost identical to i20 just a different grade titanium and finish. What shaft in your rapture?


The Ping stock stiff shaft.......

#24 pdaero

pdaero

    Hall of Fame

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56310
  • Joined: 05/22/2008
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:pdhch85
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ha. Georgiaboy, thanks for copying and pasting my Q/A with Ping. This is something that I've looked into, as well - the first (and only) time I hit the i20, it felt so pleasing - great flight and contact into the net. I would love to game one of these, but want to be swinging well! Even though I live in Texas (read: good golf weather almost year-round), I haven't been able to play much at all. I'll have to bring my V2 in and try it against the i20!


TI TMAG R510TP 9* w/ MFS 65
PING i15 15.5* 3 wood w/ Tour Only XDV8
PING 20* i15 w/ Ozik Altus Hybrid X
Mizuno MP32 3-P w/ SS'd KBS Tour X
PING Anser Milled 0 34"
Vokey SM4 TVD 53*, 58* w/ S400

#25 CosmosMpower

CosmosMpower

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59034
  • Joined: 06/27/2008
  • Location:Dallas, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

5.5 Project X black felt like a senior shaft to me and I only swing about 100-103 mph.  I got the best numbers with the 6.0 but it still didn't beat my 07 Burner TP which is too bad because I've been waiting for some Ping woods that could kick my TM's out but haven't found anything yet.

Edited by CosmosMpower, 14 February 2012 - 03:44 PM.

TM SLDR 430 TP 10.5 DI-6s
TM SLDR Mini TP 14* DI-6s
TM SLDR 21* Phenom 80s
Ping G25 4-PW CFS
Ping Gorge 50/54/58 CFS
Ping Anser IWI

#26 2Alpha

2Alpha

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139487
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

I bought the i20 driver on the weekend. My swing speed is about 90 due to a back injury. I went with the 5.5 Project X shaft and find that I am hitting it about 10 yards further than the K15 I played last year and haven't lost any control. The nice thing is I can hit fades and draws easier due to the neutral face compared to the draw biased face of the K15. I normally shoot high 80's.


This is definately a high handicap friendly club, and it has won on tour by a pro. I think it is the best of both worlds. My two cents.


Steve

#27 tpariff

tpariff

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1859
  • Joined: 06/24/2005
  • Location:Tampa, FL
  • Ebay ID:tpariff
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

 mikeoxlongball, on 12 February 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

 georgiaboy, on 12 February 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

 georgiaboy, on 11 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

 mikeoxlongball, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

104 may be to low of a SS for the i20 unless you get a really high loft

I think this is crazy... the Project X shaft they have is said to be a little softer and the stock Ping shaft a little firmer but I'm SURE that you can swing that club with the 104 SS if not why would they have an option for a R flex? Get it if you like it I love this driver.
Yes be THAT guy and get it cause you like it or your favorite player plays it. Genius really having a club fitted for your swing is dumb dumb dumb listen to Georgia lady

Posted Imagepdaero, on 08 February 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

PING, thanks for answering our questions! It is much appreciated.

How does the i20 driver compare to the Rapture V2 that I'm currently playing? I'm interested in something that still has lower spin, but is a little more forgiving and still workable. I loved the G15, but would love to get one of these!


[Brad} The biggest similarities between both drivers is that they're both low spin heads. They also both share tungsten weighting technology to optimize MOI for greater forgiveness. In the i20 we've expanded the level of forgiveness versus the Rapture V2 and the i15 while at the same time producing improved launch conditions. We've optimized the aerodynamics of the head and shifted the hosel position to help increase ball speed. The center of gravity position is moved lower and further forward relative to the G20 which helps create approximately 20% lower spin.





So I read in this answer from the "Ping tech talk" earlier this week, Greater forgiveness Improved launch conditions, Better Aerodynamics, Increase in ball speed, Both low spin heads. Ping.com list the i20 as "forgiveness: High, and Club disign: game improvement and compitition" But i guess reading all this you couldn't hit the i20 because your swing speed is just 10-15 MPH above average.... Also if getting fit you couldn't get fit with this head in mind, loft lie and shaft. Come on "mikeoxlongball" he was asking about this head not for someone to tell him what's the perfect head for his swing without being fit or seeing his swing.

Like I said just go ahead and get the i20 and I'll buy it from you off the BST when it doesn't work out for you. Georgia boy "compitition", "disign"?? Really? Your really great at copy and paste but come on.... Enjoy the i20


:cheesy:

It's hilarious when the grammar and spelling police screw up.

#28 Robert Brown

Robert Brown

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15957
  • Joined: 07/07/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I have the V2, G15 & G20 built to my specs...hit all together on the Launch Mont. with a i20....The results were...

V2=  the longest of the 4 drivers followed by the G20 & a close third = the G15

G20= most forgiving, then the G15 then the i20 then the V2

i20=had a little bit of the good of the other 3...forgiving but not the most....long but not the longest....The i20 shined when it came to moving the ball right or left as you wanted....for me, the V2 loves to go straight....

For me...#1= V2    #2= G15   #3= i20  #4= G20

Hope that helps a little...

#29 getinthehole

getinthehole

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43632
  • Joined: 12/10/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

I really liked the V2 with the blueboard regular flex. Which of the i20 shafts would you think plays closest to the blueboard? PX 5.5 or tfc regular?

#30 HoosierHacker89

HoosierHacker89

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99812
  • Joined: 12/07/2009
  • Location:Indiana
  • Handicap:8.1
  • Ebay ID:Pinggolfer2007
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

 wolfpack, on 11 February 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

It's going to be tough to beat the V2 with anything that comes out ever.   Unless they change the USGA specification rules you have about as good of a driver as you can get.

I am going to have to agree with this one.

Bobby Jones Players Driver 10.5
TM Tp hybrid 19
Ping s59 Tour 4-P KBS tour
Titleist SM 52
Cleveland 588 58
Ping Redwood Anser
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors