Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

GolfSmith?

94 replies to this topic

#61 EdgewoodJones

EdgewoodJones

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318251
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

View PostJ.W., on 25 January 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

From what I understand they are on credit hold with multiple vendors and have very little cash on hand right now.  I would not recommend purchasing anything from them because if they do not have it on hand you are going to be waiting until they have funds to clear their accounts.  Its truly a mess right now.  I thought about acting on a few of their deals but honestly the crazy discounts are not worth the hassle of calling to figure out where my money or their product is...  I don't think its too smart to charge a customer until the product ships unless its a custom order for clubs.

My guess is they're running these crazy deals to get an influx of cash to make payments and are willing to make 0 profit margin just to get something.

Well, this is explains why the Golfsmith - Walnut Creek, CA store is slow to restock its golf balls.  Shelves are so bare it looks like they had break-in.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 avgjoe

avgjoe

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87610
GolfWRX Likes : 699

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

a bad joke.... 8 orders placed the last 3 months, 3 were fulfilled.  no rhyme or reason as to which were lost or cancelled, shipped and shipped to store, coupon/daily deal or not.  ridiculous

#63 sm_watts

sm_watts

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89539
  • Ebay ID:shawnthepeman
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

I've never had a bad experience from GS, although I haven't ordered anything from them in the last 3 months or so.  Living in the middle of Wyoming, I don't have a lot of other options if I want to actually SEE a product before I by it.  I drive down to Denver a couple of times a year, and the trip always includes a trip to GS for grips, ferrules, etc., and to see the new products that are out.  I even did the Saturday-morning club making class last summer.  I can tell you that Tom, the head guy at their club-fixing/building center knows what he's doing and does a great job.
Ping G SF Tec Aldila Rogue Black
Ping G25 4 wood 16.5
Nike VR_S 21 & 24 hybrids w/NVS
Hogan FTX irons
Snake Eyes 52/Hogan TK 55
TP Mills Sycamore...or Heritage...& a new TP on the way!

#64 metsmc

metsmc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75111
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:metsmc
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones I ordered 2 pairs of pumas when they had their clerance sale. I actually recieved 3 pairs and was only charged for 1.

#65 krutoi

krutoi

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51767
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:n/a
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

They are the worst online store ever.  Posted Image

M1 Driver
   M2 3 wood
AP2 716 irons
SM5 54, 60
Betty Dass series 7

#66 BogeyJr1445

BogeyJr1445

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124518
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostLBlack14, on 26 January 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

View PostShavanni, on 25 January 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

View PostLBlack14, on 25 January 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

3 orders in 3 weeks without a hitch. Those were placed online then confirmed by phone. I don't see how folks spend $ then sit around for 3 weeks or better, and multiple emails and don't pick up the phone and CALL somebody.

Being put on hold for over 30 minutes before even talking to someone is tough to deal with.
Factor in International phone rates and that's too much to deal with. I've spent enough money already.

I'll correspond via email

Has NEVER, I say NEVER happened to me and I've been buying from them for probably 10 yrs.

Consider yourself lucky then, its happened to 99% of the rest of us.  I've called, emailed, talked to reps in person and would have received better customer service from a brick wall.

#67 bearcatnut

bearcatnut

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156045
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

Wow i'm kind of surprised at all the golfsmith hate.  I went to a golfsmith store for the first time ever yesterday in the Chicago area and thought the store was loaded with deals and TONS of clubs.  I didn't hit any clubs, so i cant speak to whether the employees were clueless like Dmac said, but i came away impressed.  I've also ordered items twice from the online store and had no problems either time.  I guess i run good when dealing with them.

#68 silentcmh

silentcmh

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105334
  • Handicap:7.7
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Well, crap. Just yesterday I ordered two wood shafts, two grips, and the components of a putter. Fingers crossed it all works out. I've never had issues with GS before, hopefully my streak continues.

#69 LBlack14

LBlack14

Say it to my face!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30664
  • Ebay ID:LBlack14
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

View Postsilentcmh, on 30 January 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Well, crap. Just yesterday I ordered two wood shafts, two grips, and the components of a putter. Fingers crossed it all works out. I've never had issues with GS before, hopefully my streak continues.

I would call them.

#70 spike1212

spike1212

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150867
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Ordered a swingweight scale recently. Box showed up on the front porch when it was supposed to.....felt a little light though. Got it inside, opened it up and pulled out a golf bag.

Called C/S, waited not too long, and the guy had the proper item shipped overnight to arrive the next day...which it did.

So, they've done alright by me recently, but these tales do make me nervous.

GolfWorks is very good....

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 txoutback

txoutback

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121562
  • Ebay ID:txoutback2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Placed an order for shafts on 1/22 to deliver to the local Golfsmith shop. It estimated 1/28 ship from TX and actually shipped out 1/30. Not so bad. I got the tracking number, but it seems the delivery address is my house.
See what happens.

#72 foreright360

foreright360

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6609
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone have any contact info (email, mailing address, phone number) for the corporate offices at Golfsmith?  I contacted customer service 4 times to get them to issue a refund for an overcharge on items that I ordered in December.  I still have yet to see the refund.

#73 asong77

asong77

Try reading the rules, you shankapotamus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34343
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

View Postforeright360, on 31 January 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Does anyone have any contact info (email, mailing address, phone number) for the corporate offices at Golfsmith?  I contacted customer service 4 times to get them to issue a refund for an overcharge on items that I ordered in December.  I still have yet to see the refund.

For an email address, try golfsmithcares@golfsmith.com. It should go to a select group of customer service reps that should escalate your issues and help resolve them.

Beyond that, Google is your friend.

#74 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostAP2 712, on 28 January 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Postjoeclothing, on 25 January 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

I think what JW said is correct. It wouldn't surprise me to see a circuit city/best buy scenario with Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy. With GG's alliance with Dicks, I would guess that Golfsmith would be the one to fold.

I hate stupid posts like this...
Im sure you wouldnt make such a dumb post if you had a friend or relative working for golfsmith

I wouldn't go as far as to call the post dumb, but I doubt they're in serious financial trouble like it has been suggested. They have plans to open another 10 stores in 2012 with internally generated funds, and while I did not dig down through their earnings for the last quarter and year to date, as I'm not an investor in GS stock, the highlights are below.

From what I see, their business has generated higher revenues and earnings, higher margins, less debt and more available borrowing credit, all with less overall golf rounds being played. Until someone actually goes through the numbers and uncovers an Enron-like irregularity, everything is just hearsay, unless someone is claiming they know insider information...

AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 27, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc., (Nasdaq:GOLF) today announced financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.

Third Quarter Highlights:

• Net revenues increased 8.3 % to $101.0 million as compared to net revenues of $93.3 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Net revenues reflect a 3.4 percent increase in comparable store sales and an 11.2 percent increase in net revenues from the direct-to-consumer channel.
  • Operating income for the third quarter was $1.8 million as compared to an operating loss of $1.1 million for the same period last year. The third quarter of fiscal 2011 included $0.6 million in charges for legal and other professional services incurred outside the ordinary course of business. The third quarter of 2010 included $1.6 million in charges related to store closings, asset impairment and lease termination costs.
  • Net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 totaled $1.3 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, as compared to a net loss of $1.1 million, or $0.07 per share for the same period last year. Excluding the store closing costs and other unusual charges, the Company's net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $1.9 million, or $0.11 per share, as compared to $0.2 million, or $0.01 per share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2010.
  • As of October 1, 2011, the Company had $35.4 million of outstanding borrowings under its credit facility and borrowing availability of $29.1 million. This compares to $42.6 million of outstanding borrowings under its credit facility and borrowing availability of $18.4 million at October 2, 2010.
  • As of October 1, 2011, total inventory was slightly higher than last year at $85.3 million compared to $80.7 million as of the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Comparable average store inventory decreased approximately 2.4%.
Martin Hanaka, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Golfsmith, commented, "We are extremely pleased with the continued momentum of our business. The operational and strategic initiatives that we have been instituting over the last three years have strengthened our foundation and enabled us to gain market share during a difficult economic period. We believe that we are on a solid growth trajectory."

Year-to-Date Results

• Net revenues were $312.7 million for the nine-month period ended October 1, 2011 as compared to net revenues of $279.0 million for the same period last year. Net revenues reflect a 7.4 percent increase in comparable store sales and a 12.8 percent increase in net revenues from its direct-to-consumer channel.
  • Operating income was $8.2 million for the nine-month period ended October 1, 2011 as compared to operating income of $0.9 million for the same period last year. Results for 2011 include $0.6 million in charges as previously mentioned, and $0.2 million in lease termination charges. Operating income for the nine-month period ended October 2, 2010 included the $1.6 million in store closing costs, as discussed above.
  • Net income for the nine months ended October 1, 2011 totaled $6.5 million, or $0.39 per diluted share compared to net income of $0.2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share for the nine-month period ended October 2, 2010. Excluding the above-mentioned charges, net income would have been $7.3 million or $0.43 per diluted share for the first nine months of fiscal 2011 as compared to $1.8 million, or $0.11 per diluted share for the same period last year.

#75 Mark8623

Mark8623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152451
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

They sent me a package incopmplete, and charged me in advance... okay I can live with that.  Then the package gets damaged and returned to shipper... okay not their fault.

But when I called 2 times and was on hold for over 30 minutes each with no answer- that is ridicilous.  So I sent an email- with them telling me "We will ship you new items, but it will take about 4 weeks.  I can issue a refund if you want" even though the tracking confirmed they recieved the "damaged package."  

What happened to customer service?

#76 ninothing

ninothing

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37150
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

View Posttxoutback, on 31 January 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Placed an order for shafts on 1/22 to deliver to the local Golfsmith shop. It estimated 1/28 ship from TX and actually shipped out 1/30. Not so bad. I got the tracking number, but it seems the delivery address is my house.
See what happens.

i had the same thing happen.  ordered a couple extra shafts fo an instore pick up and they arrived at my home yesterday morning.  just another sign they are all crossed up in their processing dept.

#77 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
GolfWRX Likes : 321

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

View Postasong77, on 31 January 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

I think what JW said is correct. It wouldn't surprise me to see a circuit city/best buy scenario with Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy. With GG's alliance with Dicks, I would guess that Golfsmith would be the one to fold.

Im sure you wouldnt make such a dumb post if you had a friend or relative working for golfsmith

I wouldn't go as far as to call the post dumb, but I doubt they're in serious financial trouble like it has been suggested. They have plans to open another 10 stores in 2012 with internally generated funds, and while I did not dig down through their earnings for the last quarter and year to date, as I'm not an investor in GS stock, the highlights are below.

From what I see, their business has generated higher revenues and earnings, higher margins, less debt and more available borrowing credit, all with less overall golf rounds being played. Until someone actually goes through the numbers and uncovers an Enron-like irregularity, everything is just hearsay, unless someone is claiming they know insider information...

AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 27, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc., (Nasdaq:GOLF) today announced financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2011.

• Net revenues increased 8.3 % to $101.0 million as compared to net revenues of $93.3 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Net revenues reflect a 3.4 percent increase in comparable store sales and an 11.2 percent increase in net revenues from the direct-to-consumer channel.
  • Operating income for the third quarter was $1.8 million as compared to an operating loss of $1.1 million for the same period last year. The third quarter of fiscal 2011 included $0.6 million in charges for legal and other professional services incurred outside the ordinary course of business. The third quarter of 2010 included $1.6 million in charges related to store closings, asset impairment and lease termination costs.
  • Net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 totaled $1.3 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, as compared to a net loss of $1.1 million, or $0.07 per share for the same period last year. Excluding the store closing costs and other unusual charges, the Company's net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $1.9 million, or $0.11 per share, as compared to $0.2 million, or $0.01 per share, for the third quarter of fiscal 2010.
  • As of October 1, 2011, the Company had $35.4 million of outstanding borrowings under its credit facility and borrowing availability of $29.1 million. This compares to $42.6 million of outstanding borrowings under its credit facility and borrowing availability of $18.4 million at October 2, 2010.
  • As of October 1, 2011, total inventory was slightly higher than last year at $85.3 million compared to $80.7 million as of the third quarter of fiscal 2010. Comparable average store inventory decreased approximately 2.4%.
Martin Hanaka, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Golfsmith, commented, "We are extremely pleased with the continued momentum of our business. The operational and strategic initiatives that we have been instituting over the last three years have strengthened our foundation and enabled us to gain market share during a difficult economic period. We believe that we are on a solid growth trajectory."

Year-to-Date Results

• Net revenues were $312.7 million for the nine-month period ended October 1, 2011 as compared to net revenues of $279.0 million for the same period last year. Net revenues reflect a 7.4 percent increase in comparable store sales and a 12.8 percent increase in net revenues from its direct-to-consumer channel.
  • Operating income was $8.2 million for the nine-month period ended October 1, 2011 as compared to operating income of $0.9 million for the same period last year. Results for 2011 include $0.6 million in charges as previously mentioned, and $0.2 million in lease termination charges. Operating income for the nine-month period ended October 2, 2010 included the $1.6 million in store closing costs, as discussed above.
  • Net income for the nine months ended October 1, 2011 totaled $6.5 million, or $0.39 per diluted share compared to net income of $0.2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share for the nine-month period ended October 2, 2010. Excluding the above-mentioned charges, net income would have been $7.3 million or $0.43 per diluted share for the first nine months of fiscal 2011 as compared to $1.8 million, or $0.11 per diluted share for the same period last year.

They may have had a decent prior reporting period, but poor customer service will eventually catch up with any company.
Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

#78 JayLefty

JayLefty

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29711
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

I just played the Golfsmith lottery and lost. There was a shortage in my order, but I talked to customer service and they were great. It took about 10 minutes and I was lucky enough to get a really nice guy. Sometimes they are terrible with orders, but sometimes they are good about making things right.
Ping G30 LST 9* w/ Aldila Tour Green 95 TX | Ping i25 14* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95 TX | Ping i25 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX
Ping i E1 4-PW w/ Project X 6.5 | Ping Glide 50* , 54* and 58* w/ X100 | Ping Anser 2 Vault

#79 msegroves

msegroves

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138589
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

My experience at the retail locations with Golfsmith have been really good.  For the most part the retail locations will honor Golfsmith online sales.

Recently they had 50.00 off if you spent 250.00.  I got a R11 3 wood and two boxes of Bridgestone e6 balls for 226.00 (that is with tax included).  Not bad if you ask me.

I will say their online site is a different story though.  I ordered 5 clearance clothing items the day after xmas that I never recieved.  I called them after waiting three weeks for the items to ship and they said they were no longer in stock, which I was fine with but at least send an email or have some form of communication stating it was out of stock and refund my money.

With that said, I did take advantage of a bug in their system which I bought 4 pairs of nike lunar launch control shoes for 57.00!

At the end of the day it's nice to have a store you can go to and demo any club.  I will continue to send my business their way.

#80 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostMileHighClub, on 02 February 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

View Postasong77, on 31 January 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

Year-to-Date Results

They may have had a decent prior reporting period, but poor customer service will eventually catch up with any company.

Fully agreed. I was just responding to some of the comments about how they're in serious financial trouble...maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any initial indicators to suggest that they are.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's so much a customer service issue though...it has much more to do their internal systems that's causing the major issues. From what it seems and what I've experienced lately, their customer service representatives are being seriously hampered to be able to perform their jobs effectively because of the shortcomings of their ERP system. I mean, it's inexplicable that they don't have a customer's email address when they look at an order, and an incredibly inefficient inventory and provisioning system certainly doesn't help matters. And as most of us have already faced, the major issue is the lack of communication about canceled orders, which I guess go hand-in-hand with again, their internal setup.

I will say that whenever I had to call in to get something fixed, their reps have been very polite, apologetic, and tried their best to resolve problems and make things right, and as I'm sure most of you have experienced, you can clearly tell that they're frustrated themselves as well. No, it shouldn't have to be that way, and it certainly shouldn't require multiple phone calls to fix one single order, but with that said, I've never experienced any attitude, unwillingness to help, or anything similar.

Customer service is obviously so much more than just being able to quickly fix errors...it's the soup-to-nuts overall shopping experience, and to me, the best customer service experience is one that I don't ever need to use in the first place. And when mistakes do happen, it should be the exception, not the norm, and when it does, I expect it to be taken care of as fast and efficiently as possible.

In any case, not that it excuses them whatsoever...they obviously need to make major improvements. I'm sure they are absolutely aware of their current situation and are working to resolve them, and I really do hope they come around, and soon, at that.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 TommyOC

TommyOC

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136145
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

They just changed their whole operating system from the old oracle system. This has caused problems in store at the registers, including tracking down receipts/orders from before the system was changed, to managing the playability guarantee system. Things didn't go as smoothly as planned in stores, and I am guessing this might be the cause of some of the mix ups online as well? Just a thought?
Cobra King Cobra LTD 10.5* HZRDUS Black 6.0
Callaway Epic 18* Aldila Tour Green
PXG 0317 Hybrid - 20.5* Veylox Rome Woldeye 988
Mizuno MP 18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB
Miura K Grind 52
Edel 56-60 DVR

Putters:
Taylormade Spider Tour Red
Scotty Cameron Custom Newport
Scott Readman Concepts Custom Putter

#82 tnord

tnord

Boycotting All trump Properties

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129799
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 422

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c..._1#entry3742525

here's my multi-page thread about how bad golfsmith is.  i quit going there altogether, but my saga drags on.

i found a charge on my CC bill last month from them for the order i canceled.  instead of dealing with them i called up AmEx and disputed the charges, AmEx said they would take it from there.  Of course, a couple weeks ago a package shows up on my door from GS for the order i canceled back before christmas.
TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Ping S56 2i X100
Titleist 714 MB TT DG X100 3-P
Vokey 52 F & 58M TI S400
Bettinardi BB1

#83 putts4bogey

putts4bogey

Puppies and Butterflies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 872

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Wow, they do have old inventory if they are still selling wood shafts.  Most golf stores have moved on to steel and then graphite.  Did you go with persimmon or hickory? :)
What is and What Should Never Be

#84 silentcmh

silentcmh

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105334
  • Handicap:7.7
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just to update....everything went as well as it could. Even though it said three items would ship on 1/30 and the other three on 2/1, everything shipped in one box on 1/30 and arrived in three days. The whole order was complete with no errors.

Two odd things:
- The website still says three items shipped on 1/30 and the other three that shipped are "pending" and still have a 2/1 estimated ship date.
- The bill was divided into a $156 charge and a separate $6 charge for some reason.

#85 onlyonfridays

onlyonfridays

Awesome.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37928
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Like most poeple, I took advantage of the coupon code on New Year's Day and like most other people, my orders were cancelled. I received no verification emails or status update emails regarding the orders, so I decided to call GS customer service.

And for everybody having such a hard time with customer service with GS, they took care of me. They took my 6 cancelled orders and simply re-ordered everything with the same prices.
$11 got me 3 DG Spinner shafts, 3 PURE grips, and 9 Black Widow Torque grips. They also gave me free shipping.

I like Golfsmith. :rolleyes:

#86 sn0rky

sn0rky

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51275
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

I had a problem with the RIFLE shafts that were on sale the other week.

Called them after the estimated ship date and they kept saying that it will be shipped the next day.

Finally contacted golfsmithcares@golfsmith.com and they took care of it and got them shipped, i expressed my concern about this and they threw in an extra shaft free or charge.
I've had problems with golfsmith before, but they always took care of the problem.

#87 awil

awil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127152
  • Ebay ID:aaronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 379

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postmsegroves, on 02 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

My experience at the retail locations with Golfsmith have been really good.  For the most part the retail locations will honor Golfsmith online sales.

Recently they had 50.00 off if you spent 250.00.  I got a R11 3 wood and two boxes of Bridgestone e6 balls for 226.00 (that is with tax included).  Not bad if you ask me.

I will say their online site is a different story though.  I ordered 5 clearance clothing items the day after xmas that I never recieved.  I called them after waiting three weeks for the items to ship and they said they were no longer in stock, which I was fine with but at least send an email or have some form of communication stating it was out of stock and refund my money.

With that said, I did take advantage of a bug in their system which I bought 4 pairs of nike lunar launch control shoes for 57.00!

At the end of the day it's nice to have a store you can go to and demo any club.  I will continue to send my business their way.
What glitch was that?
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

#88 LBlack14

LBlack14

Say it to my face!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30664
  • Ebay ID:LBlack14
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

View Postawil, on 12 February 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

View Postmsegroves, on 02 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

What glitch was that?

Sonny boy....you just don't quit do ya? How many mulligans do you use per 18 hole round?

#89 awil

awil

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127152
  • Ebay ID:aaronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 379

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Zero  but golfsmith apologized to me and if tw price is right I'll buy but other wise golf galaxy is where my dollars will e spent . There nice guys to me at my local golf galaxy
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

#90 tnord

tnord

Boycotting All trump Properties

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129799
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 422

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

i caved and went back to GS to pick up a grip for the hybrid i had reshafted only because i didn't want to drive the extra distance to GG.  

lamkin perf + 3GEN was marked on sale, but when i got to the register it didn't ring up as such.  i didn't agrue about it over $1 or whatever for a single grip.....but that's yet another screw up for them in a long, long list.  i will continue avoiding buying anything from them for as long as i can.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Ping S56 2i X100
Titleist 714 MB TT DG X100 3-P
Vokey 52 F & 58M TI S400
Bettinardi BB1

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors