Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Iliac Golf

67 replies to this topic

#31 asong77

asong77

Try reading the rules, you shankapotamus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34343
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostBoomer Maples, on 11 February 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

View Postasong77, on 11 February 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

View PostBoomer Maples, on 11 February 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Check-out Stitch Golf, made in the USA.  All leather and wool covers.  I bought one at Winged Foot and it is awesome.

Thanks for the head's up.

Checked them out but their online shop is not set up yet, darn it...but has potential. Liked them on FB for 20% off first order. I wonder how they'll price the headcovers...

I paid $49 for my driver cover @ the Foot.  I have a few sets of iliac and the Stitch covers are better.  Check on PGATour.com shop they sell them directly and ship the next day.

Thanks a lot for the info and recommendation...they're actually on sale for nearly 50% off at the PGA Tour site...I picked up a driver cover to try!

http://shop.pgatour....aspx?pd=1022533

Also, I commented on their FB page asking when their online shop will be running to retail customers...this is the response I received: "Hey Andrew, you can call us directly at (866) 529 9448 (ext1) and we can help you. Wool is launching the Masters Week and Leather is in-stock now."

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 erwintrace08

erwintrace08

Consistently Inconsistent

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71398
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

I agree with you guys.  I don't see a problem with their niche and who they are marketing too, but 4-6 weeks is way to long for anyone to wait.  I think they'll lose business that way and turn customers off.  They do have a beautiful, quality product, but the service aspect is missing.  

The only "off the shelf" Iliac has are in some top tier club houses or country clubs...but it's not easy to find those either
Titleist 913 D3 RIP & 3W Phenom
Titleist 914 AP2s PW-4 DG300
Titleist Vokeys 52* 56* 60*
Titleist SC SS Newport

#33 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostBoomer Maples, on 11 February 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

View Postasong77, on 11 February 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

View PostBoomer Maples, on 11 February 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Check-out Stitch Golf, made in the USA.  All leather and wool covers.  I bought one at Winged Foot and it is awesome.

Thanks for the head's up.

Checked them out but their online shop is not set up yet, darn it...but has potential. Liked them on FB for 20% off first order. I wonder how they'll price the headcovers...

I paid $49 for the leather drive coverr,  great quality.

How is the fit on the driver? Do you happen to have any pictures of them on the driver itself? I've only seen pictures of the head covers by itself and not on a club...

#34 sergizmo

sergizmo

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1545
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

View Postasong77, on 11 February 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for the info and recommendation...they're actually on sale for nearly 50% off at the PGA Tour site...I picked up a driver cover to try!
Also, I commented on their FB page asking when their online shop will be running to retail customers...this is the response I received: "Hey Andrew, you can call us directly at (866) 529 9448 (ext1) and we can help you. Wool is launching the Masters Week and Leather is in-stock now."

asong77,

Thank you very much. I ordered the Stitch driver, 3 wood and hybrid racing stripe covers in black from the PGA Tour site. Great deal.

I'll start another thread with a review once the season starts.

Serge

#35 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Postsergizmo, on 11 February 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

asong77,

Thank you very much. I ordered the Stitch driver, 3 wood and hybrid racing stripe covers in black from the PGA Tour site. Great deal.

Serge

Nice, I did the same...don't thank me, thank Boomer Maples...he's the one who first mentioned Stitch, as well as where to buy them. I'll look forward to the review and pics!

#36 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostBoomer Maples, on 11 February 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

Picture #2 - Stitch Golf Headcovers

Very nice looking, thanks for the pics and the suggestion!

#37 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postasong77, on 11 February 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

asong77,

Serge

Nice, I did the same...don't thank me, thank Boomer Maples...he's the one who first mentioned Stitch, as well as where to buy them. I'll look forward to the review and pics!

I ordered another Stitch driver and 3 wood head cover to give as a gift, and this time, I used Global Golf. If you go to their Facebook page and "Like" them, they give you a coupon code instantly for $5 off. In addition, using coupon code "AFS99" gives you free shipping (code description says orders over $99, but it still accepted). Both coupons worked together stacked, so a final price of $59.98 shipped for two, seemingly very high quality leather head covers...certainly can't beat the price.

#38 playmuch

playmuch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43638

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

I ordered  3 headcovers today and they said the turnaround time was 2 weeks. Hope thats right.

#39 roll - gybe

roll - gybe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59949
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

They are feeding the cow some ambrosia right now.

When the cow says he is ready, they will get working on your headcovers.

#40 roll - gybe

roll - gybe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59949
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

I ordered some Stitch covers on Friday, got them on Tuesday.  They are really nice.

Still waiting on Iliac - THREE MONTHS NOW for a really expensive putter cover.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 2846

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

View Postroll - gybe, on 07 March 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

I ordered some Stitch covers on Friday, got them on Tuesday.  They are really nice.

Still waiting on Iliac - THREE MONTHS NOW for a really expensive putter cover.
I cancelled my order and just ordered some Jan Craigs.

#42 tbomb

tbomb

Wheel, Snipe, Party - Gongshow Hockey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65826
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

If you look at the variety and colors, I DOUBT they have anything in stock. Imagine the stock they would have to carry....they have 30 different driver colors per model.

Side note check out back9usa.com

Solid covers, and I was talking to the owner this am and their new line up is really cool (coming in May)

T

#43 eric_b

eric_b

I will NOT tuck in my shirt!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150423
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Does anyone know of a place that makes the sweet leather headcovers that sells to Canada?  Back9USA doesnt.....stitch golf head covers would cost me $35 in shipping from pgatour.com (more than the freakin' headcover itself!!!)....I'm wary of iliac and i'm not even sure they ship the states......

I really want a fairway wood headcover....or a couple (I have a 3, 5 and 7.......yeah yeah, laugh it up).  Can someone hook a Canadian brother up?

#44 fossil

fossil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161087
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

I tried to order a shirt from Iliac and once I put in my mailing address to Canada...shipping costs said "$180" :S!!

View Posteric_b, on 08 March 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Does anyone know of a place that makes the sweet leather headcovers that sells to Canada?  Back9USA doesnt.....stitch golf head covers would cost me $35 in shipping from pgatour.com (more than the freakin' headcover itself!!!)....I'm wary of iliac and i'm not even sure they ship the states......

I really want a fairway wood headcover....or a couple (I have a 3, 5 and 7.......yeah yeah, laugh it up).  Can someone hook a Canadian brother up?

#45 Mr.Fuji

Mr.Fuji

Connection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120191
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postfossil, on 08 March 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I tried to order a shirt from Iliac and once I put in my mailing address to Canada...shipping costs said "$180" :S!!

I ordered 5 Royal covers and a hat last summer to Canada and it cost me $22.47 in shipping, so yes they ship to Canada and no the price isn't that expensive.

Cheers,

Scott

#46 fonetic

fonetic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99223
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

asong77,

Serge

Looks like I'm gonna have to pick me up some of these over the iliacs.  At the price, I could pick up a whole set.

#47 playmuch

playmuch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Well i have been waiting now for 5 weeks after being told 2 weeks turn around. I guess the cow is lost.

#48 SALUKI LEFTY

SALUKI LEFTY

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78673
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

i ordered a dormie and a towel about 2 weeks ago.  Supposed to ship out Friday.  Seems like big waits are on the headcovers I guess.  They are slow though.

#49 dartboss04

dartboss04

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166903
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

I ordered a putter cover a couple weeks ago and it was just delivered today.  I actually had a good experience with Iliac, and their communication, through both phone and email.  It could just be certain types of covers.

#50 racmbs

racmbs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8051

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostMr.Fuji, on 10 March 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

View Postfossil, on 08 March 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I ordered 5 Royal covers and a hat last summer to Canada and it cost me $22.47 in shipping, so yes they ship to Canada and no the price isn't that expensive.

Cheers,

Scott

I've sent 2 emails since March 21st with zero response from Iliac, asking why each time I go to the checkout I've been dinged for $145 in shipping to Canada on a scorecard holder.

Now April 1st and still no answer, someone would have to convince me that it's worth dropping the $120 if they can't even answer a simple email to correct a problem.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 LagunaLove

LagunaLove

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84879
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Sad to hear this.  Never ordered anything off the site, ordered stuff from a club here in Vegas and got here in maybe two weeks, like five leathers with the club logo.  Sad to see the inconsistency as it's such a great product.

#52 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 493

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I ordered a couple of shirts from them.. Awesome shirts by the way... Took like 3 weeks to ship though and when I emailed them about combining orders (to save on shipping) they never responded.  $18 for shipping of a shirt is a little ridiculous if you ask me.  Considering it came USPS and I'm pretty sure it was in one of those flat rate shipping boxes.
XHot 10.5 Diamana S+ 62x5ct X Stiff
Titleist 910F 19*
Titleist 712 AP2 TT S400
Titleist Vokey 200 Series 48*
Titleist Vokey SM 54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - CS

#53 racmbs

racmbs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8051

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I just about spit out my sip of wine when I received this email from Iliac tonight, 2-1/2 weeks after I had sent my first email inquiring as to why their shipping costs where so high for a small item.

I'm blocking out all names, here is the email.....unbelievably high prices and the reason given is even more mind boggling. In all my years of shopping online across the border, I have never seen shipping costs like this for small items.

Subject:Re: Shipping to Canada
Date: April 5, 2012 7:28:32 PM EDT

Hi xxxxxxxxx.

My apologies for taking so long to respond but I'm still new and there are a lot of messages to respond to. Please understand.

To answer your question about shipment to Canada, the reason why the rate is so high is because of the duty fees from customs. We're not a big company like Amazon that can cover those costs so that unfortunately is left to the customer.

Thank you for your interest. If there is anything else I can do please let me know. You can even call me since emails haven't been the best form of communication.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
Iliac Golf by Bert LaMar
http://www.iliacgolf.com/

3280 Grey Hawk Court
Carlsbad, Ca 92010
(p) 760.310.9465

On Mar 30, 2012, at 2:50 PM, wrote:

Further to my email I sent March 26th that was not responded to, I've now tried to order the scorecard holder again and this time I am being asked to pay $145 in shipping fees?

I'm interested in buying one, but not if your shipping calculator is out of whack.

Thanks,

<Screen Shot 2012-03-30 at 5.46.40 PM.png>

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Shipping to Canada
Date: March 26, 2012 8:53:10 PM EDT
To: service@iliacgolf.com

Hello,

Just wondering why it's $57 to ship a scorecard holder to Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

Thank you,

#54 FootJoyGuy

FootJoyGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168193

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

great company!!

#55 mangum

mangum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128440

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

5 weeks waiting for 1 headcover.  Their one customer service person is non responsive and the mailbox on the phone number is full.  Terrible experience and I just wish their covers were not so cool.

#56 jas904

jas904

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40202
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Postmangum, on 13 April 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

5 weeks waiting for 1 headcover.  Their one customer service person is non responsive and the mailbox on the phone number is full.  Terrible experience and I just wish their covers were not so cool.
Fortunately there are other options.
Titleist 910 D3 8.5 Tour AD DI 7
TM RBZ 14.5 X CON 7
Ping Rapture DI 18* TFC 949
Mizuno MP64 4-PW KBS Tour
Odyssey WH Pro 7 center shaft
Titleist SM5 50F, 55F, 60L

#57 playmuch

playmuch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

I ordered 3 headcovers almost 3 months ago. About a month ago i got an email saying that the headcovers will be shipped on the 20th of March. Still have not got them. I have emailed them 3 times since asking whats going on and have not received a reply.
I cannot even believe this company is still around with this type of customer service. I certainly wont be giving this company any positive remarks.

#58 JJJS

JJJS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41726

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

I have the same dreadful experience.

I ordered 4 head covers nearly 2 months ago and discovered, immediately after I made the order, that they now also have a distributor for the UK. So I directly asked whether I could cancel the order and make out a new one with the UK distributor as this would really save me a lot of money. This was not possible " as the order had already gone into production". A bit exaggerated, as it took more than 7 weeks to actually produce them.

When they were ready, I was confronted with the remark that I had to pay 58 dollars more shipping as I had wrongly marked Canada as destination. Well, I never marked Canada as shipping destination, but I could only choose between Canada and Japan when I filled out the order. The additional 58 shipping charges would make it well approx 110 dollars in total, which is actually theft if they are indeed shipping with USPS.  I buy frequently in the US and 4 covers would normally be in the 40-50 dollars range. With this additional charge, my order has now become also far more expensive then when they would have allowed me to buy via the UK distributor.

Every mail I send takes at least 3 reminders before they are being answered. I expressed my discontent about these additional charge and the whole process and that has at yet, after 3 reminders, still not been answered.

It was a birthday present, but that date has sadly been missed...

If I would buy again? No, regardless how nice these covers may be.

I note that Iliac is active in public media as Facebook and Twitter. It is probably better that we express our discontent overthere, as this may force them to improve matters.

#59 JJJS

JJJS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41726

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Update

Contacted Bert LaMar directly and got a mail back properly explaining matters. Clearly teething problems, caused by growth. Suggested to improve on communications as this upsets people (at least me) most.

High shipping charges were caused by UPS, they now switched to USPS.

#60 amrivew

amrivew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127921
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Riverwood golf club in Clayton, NC is an Iliac dealer. You would have to custom order most but like all shops that carry iliac, they have some merchandise laying around the shop purely tempting everyone that walks in and sees those big ol Pompoms

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors