Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Iliac Golf

67 replies to this topic

#1 orlen

orlen

We press.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50748
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Iím sure this has been beat to death at some point so I apologize in advance butÖ..why is it so hard to find Iliac golf clothing and gear?  I know that have a decent amount of head covers floating around but a majority of their clothing is constantly sold out on the website.  Even when I try to order new covers you donít get to see the difference in look between a driver and a 3 wood cover?  My shop carrys some of their stuff but I guess due to $$$ they don't purchase a ton of it since it doesn't appeal to most older guys. (just a guess)

This is not a flame thread because Iím truly a huge fan of the company and love just about everything they make but I donít understand why itís so hard to find?

I know they arenít a huge company so I understand distribution may be lacking but does anyone else struggle with this?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 BuckyBall29

BuckyBall29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 154093
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

I know it does not help too much, but I was having the same issue / questions because I love all of the stuff I see from them. Currently I follow Bert L. (the owner) on twitter @iliacgolf - and he responded to a tweet about this very question to me on Friday and said they are reworking the website and it should lauch in the next 2 weeks or sooner. Mainly he made it sound like demand got bigger for the process they were working with.....so we can only hope this helps in the long run, and I need some new gear for my Spring trip....

#3 orlen

orlen

We press.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

Sweet news Bucky!  I'll keep my eyes open for that.

#4 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35735
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

nice gear but their operations need A LOT of help. I've ordered shirts that never showed up because they forgot to fill the order(I even preordered them). I've had custom headcovers that were screwed up 3 separate times...I finally gave up. I've also waited months on end for stuff that eventually arrived.

In the end the items that arrived are nice, but not groundbreaking. I know they only sell to green grass stores, so you probably won't see a lot of it around. If they don't get their act together the longevity of the company will be jeopardized.
PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

#5 jaymoore44

jaymoore44

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83432
  • Ebay ID:8377jay
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

I couldnt agree more with how poorly their operations are ran. I have been trying to order leather headcovers for the last 3 months and they keep telling me that they are waiting on the leather to come in so that they can be made. On the other hand I have ordered some items that arrived on time and even sent stuff back and they processed that very quickly. Something definitely needs to be done on their end because it is to good of product to have such poor operations behind it.

#6 SALUKI LEFTY

SALUKI LEFTY

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78673
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Agree with all of the above.  I've bought a lot of covers and 3 or 4 dormies and every purchase is a crapshoot.  I did get a free dormy top cause I had so many problems on 1 order.

Website needs big overhall and they need to beef up supply.  Great products I will say and I don't even mind the prices, just fix customer service.

#7 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 5879

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

They told me two months for my headcovers.

#8 PutterHo

PutterHo

We all have our vices.

• 2,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67708
  • Handicap:Alot
GolfWRX Likes : 881

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

They'll get it right.  I've had 3 orders and all were correct.  On the other hand I wanted the white on white leather and they were out but a week later someone was selling a D-3-X leather white on white set on the BST of $120 so that was a snap call.  Bert's a solid guy, he's started and run very successful companies in the past (google Lamar snowboards) he knows what it takes to make work.  I do think that demand possible crept up on them maybe a little faster than they could have imagined (my thoughts only).  In a business sense I think that lower supply on hand to understand the trends and ordering are a pretty strategic move with a young company even though golfers want what they want when they want it.  I am curious how his booth will look this year.  No way they can top the log cabin house from last pga show.

Edited by PutterHo, 23 January 2012 - 11:34 PM.

Callaway Epic 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway X hot OG 4 wood Accra Dymatch 2.0
Exotics CB Pro U 20 Kuro Kage Silver
Srixon Z565 5-AW Paderson
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Currently one of Pure745's old sloppy seconds.

#9 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hopefully than "Bert" learns from his mistakes. Rule #1 for any business under promise and over deliver. From my experience they've got it the other way around.
PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB

#10 PutterHo

PutterHo

We all have our vices.

• 2,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67708
  • Handicap:Alot
GolfWRX Likes : 881

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Don't get me wrong Joe, I too was not excited when I couldn't get what I wanted within a week or so.  As long as you've stated your claim with them then I do not know why they wouldn't find a way to make it right.  

Off Topic but my wife made me dress up as Muno for my kids birthday. I almost passed out it was so hot.  Yes, I just admitted that.

Callaway Epic 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway X hot OG 4 wood Accra Dymatch 2.0
Exotics CB Pro U 20 Kuro Kage Silver
Srixon Z565 5-AW Paderson
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Currently one of Pure745's old sloppy seconds.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

I will give them that. They did try to get it right, but after three attempts with my headcovers and waiting 2.5 months, I called it quits. They also had some shirts I wanted that I preordered 4 months before the release. Unfortunately they forgot to ship them when they released, and when I called they said "sorry someone forgot to pull your order...we're out". Hopefully they get things right. The 4/5 pieces I have are pretty nice.

As for Muno, well...I went to the concert...need I say more? :partytime2:
PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB

#12 roll - gybe

roll - gybe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59949
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

View Postjaymoore44, on 23 January 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

I couldnt agree more with how poorly their operations are ran. I have been trying to order leather headcovers for the last 3 months and they keep telling me that they are waiting on the leather to come in so that they can be made.

Me too!  I have been wondering if they needed to kill a cow or something.

In the meantime, I have realized that was a WANT not a NEED.

#13 Scott@84

Scott@84

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 960
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

I have ordered at least three sets of heacovers in the last year or so and every order was perfect. Their customer service is top notch, they went above and beyond to make sure my order was exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend them.
Epic Attas 6 Star
Taylormade M2  3 Wood Attas GoGo
PXG 0311 4-PW PX Ryder Cup
PXG 50, 55, 60
WITB Link

#14 orlen

orlen

We press.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:32 AM

View PostScott@84, on 24 January 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I have ordered at least three sets of heacovers in the last year or so and every order was perfect. Their customer service is top notch, they went above and beyond to make sure my order was exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend them.

Scott, thatís good to hear.  Consistency seems to be the issue.

#15 woodward

woodward

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120909
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostScott@84, on 24 January 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Couldn't agree more.  I know they are working on a more streamlined process.  I had to wait about a month for my covers and shirts and couldn't be happier.  You won't be disappointed once you have the products in hand.

#16 erwintrace08

erwintrace08

It's Not How You Drive, But How You Arrive

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71398
  • Handicap:7.6

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Bert knows what he is doing.  He used to have his skateboard and snowboard companies that were both very successful.

The quality into the product is amazing.  From a business POV IMHO, I think he is slowly getting his products out on purpose.  $80+ for a headcover, $90+ for a golf shirt, etc.  Some headcovers are $1000+.  "Who he think he iz, Scizzy Cameron???"  JK

With the pricetags, he's marketing to the high-end consumer.  If he put it out everywhere in a Roger Dunn, TGW, Golfsmith, his product would sit there for months.  Look at where you find his products: rare on eBay, most high end country club pro shops, the pro shop at Bandon Dunes, etc.  

In my humble opinion, he's in no rush.  Sold 2 successful companies.  He's loving taking his time...keeping supply low and creating demand...basic economics.  If the high-end user (or true fanatic) saw everyone on the course wearing iliac gear, it would lose its appeal.  I.e., Ferrari doesn't mass produce their cars.  If they did, it would be an "ordinary" car...

e
TaylorMade M2 Driver 9.5 Aldila Rouge Silver 70g S
TaylorMade M2 3W Aldila Reax 55g S
Titleist 913 3/4 Hybrid Diamana Blue S
TaylorMade p790 5-PW KBS C-Taper Tour 120g S
Titleist Vokey 52/58/54* DG S
Odyssey O Works #7
LinkSoul LinkSouldier Golf Bag

Yardage Book: LoPro Golf "Mobile App / Yardage Book for Tournament Golfers"
http://loprogolf.com

#17 roll - gybe

roll - gybe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59949
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

I don't think you can compare a headcover to a Ferrari.  People leave headcovers on the green all the time.  I have yet to find a Ferrari on the green.

Apparently they did need to kill the cow by the way.  My Christmas gift has yet to arrive.

I am all for nice niche products, but this will be my last purchase from Illiac, I just want things too fast.  Of course the first rule of marketing is: don't project your own desires and opinions as representing the market.

Best of luck to you Illiac, I hope your business grows and prospers.

#18 erwintrace08

erwintrace08

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

View Postroll - gybe, on 09 February 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't think you can compare a headcover to a Ferrari.  People leave headcovers on the green all the time.  I have yet to find a Ferrari on the green.

Apparently they did need to kill the cow by the way.  My Christmas gift has yet to arrive.

I am all for nice niche products, but this will be my last purchase from Illiac, I just want things too fast.  Of course the first rule of marketing is: don't project your own desires and opinions as representing the market.

LOL...it almost costs as much!  $25 for shipping too!  I'll drive down to Carlsbad to just pick it up (I'm 35 minutes away).

Wow...can't believe you're waiting still since Xmas....ok, that's way too long...
Odyssey O Works #7

#19 WhiteBettinardi

WhiteBettinardi

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124231
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

I ordered a very basic set of iliac covers D-3-X in early November for Christmas.  They arrived a week ago.  Great quality but very disappointing service.

#20 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'll say again what I said earlier. Nice product, but poor delivery. Clearly I'm not alone in this.

If you look at their updated website, a lot of the stuff in last years catalog is no longer offered. I think they have scaled back and are focusing on their bread and butter. Headcovers, shirts, and a few outerwear pieces.

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 5879

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Posterwintrace08, on 10 February 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

$25 for shipping too!  I'll drive down to Carlsbad to just pick it up (I'm 35 minutes away).

Wow...can't believe you're waiting still since Xmas....ok, that's way too long...
I have been waiting since mid January. Are you sure that you can pick them up? I live in OC. Thx

#22 asong77

asong77

Try reading the rules, you shankapotamus!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34343
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Posterwintrace08, on 09 February 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

Bert knows what he is doing.  He used to have his skateboard and snowboard companies that were both very successful.

The quality into the product is amazing.  From a business POV IMHO, I think he is slowly getting his products out on purpose.  $80+ for a headcover, $90+ for a golf shirt, etc.  Some headcovers are $1000+.  "Who he think he iz, Scizzy Cameron???"  JK

With the pricetags, he's marketing to the high-end consumer.  If he put it out everywhere in a Roger Dunn, TGW, Golfsmith, his product would sit there for months.  Look at where you find his products: rare on eBay, most high end country club pro shops, the pro shop at Bandon Dunes, etc.  

In my humble opinion, he's in no rush.  Sold 2 successful companies.  He's loving taking his time...keeping supply low and creating demand...basic economics.  If the high-end user (or true fanatic) saw everyone on the course wearing iliac gear, it would lose its appeal.  I.e., Ferrari doesn't mass produce their cars.  If they did, it would be an "ordinary" car...

e

I don't know how many super exotic and expensive head covers they're actually selling but I would venture to say that their main business is probably the classic head covers that sells for around $60-$70...a little expensive but hardly anything to call super high-end. I'm sure there are tons of guys on here alone who would drop that on a nice leather head cover, without even a second thought.

You can't fairly compare iliac to Ferrari...Louis Vuitton sells accessories for thousands of dollars to the masses...and it doesn't seem to me that they lose their appeal to their market...

View Postroll - gybe, on 09 February 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Agreed. Christmas gift still hasn't arrived? Wow...did you try contacting them? Disheartening to learn that there's such a huge delay...I mean, you could get a custom, handmade suit by a tailor in less time than to receive a relatively simple leather head cover, no matter how much it costs or how niche it is. It's crazy that a head cover takes longer than if you were to say, send in a Scotty to the Custom Shop for a full restoration.

They do look really sweet and everyone raves about them but after seeing all the experiences from others, I'm hesitant to place an order. I don't want to order now and not have it arrive until we're well into the golf season...that's just ridiculous...

#23 erwintrace08

erwintrace08

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ok ok ok guys...LOL.  I take back the Ferrari analogy.  It was a spontaneous comparison...so bottom line it just comes down to their customer service...lol
Odyssey O Works #7

#24 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

View Posterwintrace08, on 10 February 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ok ok ok guys...LOL.  I take back the Ferrari analogy.  It was a spontaneous comparison...so bottom line it just comes down to their customer service...lol

Yeah, it's a shame...I actually want to order one to try but I am not waiting more than a few weeks.

#25 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 159175
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I first saw iliac this month.  Went nuts for it.  I did purchase one of those rare eBay finds, new tour stripe pebble beach US open commemorative.  It's all that and swags out my very blingy bag well.  Sadly I'm too instant gratification and was actually turned off by the brand site's published handling time on new orders and that was a few days...not sure I could handle this long a wait....since Christmas...

Nice unique product

#26 Mr.Fuji

Mr.Fuji

Connection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120191
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

I had zero issues with my Royal HC order, had it in about 5 week or so from delivery and even added stuff to my original order and it all went very well...I will definitely be a return customer.

Cheers,

Scott
Titleist 910D2 10.5*
Titleist 915F 15*
Titleist 816H1 21*
Titleist 913H 24*
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Vokey SM4 52*, 56*, 60*
SC Del Mar 3.5 Insp. by Sergio

#27 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostMr.Fuji, on 10 February 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

I had zero issues with my Royal HC order, had it in about 5 week or so from delivery and even added stuff to my original order and it all went very well...I will definitely be a return customer.

Cheers,

Scott

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly of a patient person as you must be.

I'm sorry but unless they're importing a live cow from another country and slaughtering, tanning, and preparing the leather for the head cover themselves (like someone already mentioned), 5 weeks or so is NOT what I would consider zero issues. Maybe I'm too spoiled with all the Internet shopping and whatnot, but unless something is custom made specifically for me, even two weeks is too long for my tastes.

I guess what bothers people is that if they knew going in that it would take 5 weeks, it wouldn't be as bad. But there are a lot of people who ordered them as Christmas gifts that STILL haven't received their orders in mid-February, or were told they would be delivered by a certain time frame but weren't.

#28 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostBoomer Maples, on 11 February 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Check-out Stitch Golf, made in the USA.  All leather and wool covers.  I bought one at Winged Foot and it is awesome.

Thanks for the head's up.

Checked them out but their online shop is not set up yet, darn it...but has potential. Liked them on FB for 20% off first order. I wonder how they'll price the headcovers...

#29 Mr.Fuji

Mr.Fuji

Connection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120191
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postasong77, on 10 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Cheers,

Scott

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly of a patient person as you must be.

I'm sorry but unless they're importing a live cow from another country and slaughtering, tanning, and preparing the leather for the head cover themselves (like someone already mentioned), 5 weeks or so is NOT what I would consider zero issues. Maybe I'm too spoiled with all the Internet shopping and whatnot, but unless something is custom made specifically for me, even two weeks is too long for my tastes.

I guess what bothers people is that if they knew going in that it would take 5 weeks, it wouldn't be as bad. But there are a lot of people who ordered them as Christmas gifts that STILL haven't received their orders in mid-February, or were told they would be delivered by a certain time frame but weren't.

I was told when I ordered it would take 4-6 weeks to get my order and I already knew that going in...Part of the attraction to the Illiac brand is that they are not mass produced  off the shelf stock garbage, they are a boutique company and you get what you pay for and they are not something that you see everywhere which to me makes them unique and that much more desireable.

Cheers,
Scott
Titleist 910D2 10.5*
Titleist 915F 15*
Titleist 816H1 21*
Titleist 913H 24*
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Vokey SM4 52*, 56*, 60*
SC Del Mar 3.5 Insp. by Sergio

#30 asong77

asong77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostMr.Fuji, on 11 February 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

View Postasong77, on 10 February 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Cheers,

Scott

I was told when I ordered it would take 4-6 weeks to get my order and I already knew that going in...Part of the attraction to the Illiac brand is that they are not mass produced  off the shelf stock garbage, they are a boutique company and you get what you pay for and they are not something that you see everywhere which to me makes them unique and that much more desireable.

Cheers,
Scott

Ahh, ok...still too long for my tastes but thanks for the clarification.

I get what a niche item from a boutique company is all about but with that being said, it's still just a head cover. And it's not exactly like their head covers are similar to say a...a limited edition Scotty head cover. I really couldn't care less whether something is mass produced...as long as it's high-quality, visually appealing and unique, functional, and has a great reputation and/or reviews, or I will buy it...whether it's a head cover or anything else for that matter.

And disagree with you that off-the-shelf is garbage...some definitely are but I wouldn't consider most items that you buy from retail stores and/or a large distribution channel to be "garbage".

It's great that iliac is positioning themselves in the manner in which they chose, and it's clearly obvious that they turn out very high-quality products, but if they don't back that up with great customer service, which is all-encompassing including a faster turnaround for placed orders, I'm not sure how successful they will be in the highly competitive golf accessories marketplace.

I mean...just look at this one thread alone...there's already 6-7 members who are not happy with their turnaround and delivery time, and another 2-3 members who don't mind because they love the product. This thread caused me not to place an order with them, and though I'm just one single person, multiple this small sample with a larger audience and you obviously get a lot more complaints than compliments.

I definitely would like to try their products, but not nearly enough to wait 4-6 weeks for it. If that time frame drops significantly, I'll be more than happy to place an order but until it does, I'll be on the sidelines.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors