Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

garmin approach g6

114 replies to this topic

#61 blazman11

blazman11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78468
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

View Postgolfnut-2X, on 21 May 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

i love the new g6.  unfortunately it pops off the belt clip frequently.  any suggestions?

I hated the belt clip so I found a Case Logic hip case at Walmart that fits it perfectly.  I bought one off Amazon too that fits it a little more snug than the Case Logic one.

Milan Extra Small Universal Horizontal Cell Phone Case / Pouch / Holster with Belt Loop & Belt Clip

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 4gearGolf

4gearGolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182268
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Posttodd_i, on 20 May 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Rather than renewing my skycaddie, I jumped ship and moved to the Garmin G6.   I've used it for a few rounds, and it seems good, but I'm still getting used to some of the differences.

One area that I'm hoping can be optimized is the scoring.  Maybe I'm missing some config options.

1. It can score for up to 4 people.   But, I typically keep only my score.  If I am in a group of 4, we typically do it on a score card so all can have access to it.   But, with the G6, inputting score is a two step process: select golfer then input score.    Can I tell it to forget about golfers 2-4, and just go right to the score input?

2. How can I get a summary view of all all the holes in the round?  Skycaddie has a nice view for this, where is will show your score on each hole, or your + / - relative to par on each hole.   It also make it easy to see if I missed inputting score on a hole.      On the G6, I have to scroll through each hole to see the score, there is no complete round view.

Has anyone found any better solutions to the above issues?

Hi,
I've played a half dozen rounds with mine and I just keep my score. First I select the course and enter my local handicap (or index and slope). Then at the end of a hole I click the 'score/measure' button. Select the green/white pencil symbol next to your name for that particular hole --> Enter stroke and putts (and Fairway if tracking stats) and press check mark --> Then select back arrow to get back to course view or front arrow for next hole.
To get a summary view of your scorecard or putts or GIR or Fairways hit, click the 'score/measure' button --> select the three horizontal bars symbol (next to the back arrow) --> Select Round Details --> Select the three horizontal bars symbol again --> Select Player Details --> Select your name --> Select Scorecard or Putts or GIR or Fairways Hit.

I hope this made sense and helps you.

Edited by 4gearGolf, 22 May 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#63 DandyDon

DandyDon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169457
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Just started looking at purchasing one of these things....How many courses are available?  Do I have to pay for each course I use, or do I have to pay a subscription fee?  
Thanks

#64 Laws of Woo

Laws of Woo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members