Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Florida State Golf Association FSGA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jmcdonald

jmcdonald

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80779
GolfWRX Likes : 231

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Is anyone here a member of the FSGA.......? I am a member located in the Panhandle( Fort Walton Beach )

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 fhasel

fhasel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21323
  • Handicap:9.7
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I know this post is a year old, but I have a reason for replying.  I have my GHIN thru FSGA.  I'm planning to play in several One Day events throughout Central Florida this year.

One Event really has me excited.  It's a 2 day event at TPC Sawgrass.  1 round on the Dye Valley Course & 1 on the Stadium course.

Have you played any of the tournaments thru FSGA and if so, what did you think of them.
Srixon F45 13*  3 wd, Kuro Kage, 60 Gr, Stiff
TM Jetspeed Hyb, 19* & 22*, Matrix Velox T  Stiff
Srixon Z945 (5-pw), Nippon NS Pro 950, Stiff
TM Tour Preferred  52* & 56* Wedge w/ KBS Tour V
Odyssey Works 7CH putter

#3 Golfbug22

Golfbug22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26334
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

I have played about 8 one days over the last two years. It is an excellent way to play top ranked golf courses for a good price. In addition to the Sawgrass courses, the tournaments include courses like Black Diamond, World Woods, Camp Creek, Shark's Tooth, Tampa TPC, Cheval, Ritz Carlton near Sarasota, Southern Hills Plantation, Golden Ocala, Amelia National,Amelia Plantation, World Golf Village, the Disney courses, The Reunion, Innsbruck, Grand Cypress Resort courses, Bay Hill, Lake Jovita, Hammock Beach, Juliette Falls, and many more.
The downside is that you need a place to stay; most of the one-day tournaments have an early shotgun start.
This is the link to this year's schedule:  http://www.fsga.org/...15d28?year=2013

#4 jnier75

jnier75

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147231
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I played bayhill and innisbrook copperhead last year and have signed up for loblolly and copperhead again for this year. I like it because it let's you play some hard to get onto courses for a reasonable rate. In terms of the competition it's mostly retirees. The few younger gents like myself are usually playing hooky from work. The flights are age bracketed and usually you gotta beat your handicap by a decent amount to get some money, think 4 or 5 strokes. There are optional skins games that can pay out nicely. I made my entry fee back last year at copperhead on a skin.
The Bayou Club, Largo, FL
Lots of TMade clubs and an old SC putter

#5 Lost Soul

Lost Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231507
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the info in this thread. I had no idea it existed and i'm joining this tonight. Some great courses are listed in the tournament section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors