Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The perfect clubhouse


39 replies to this topic

#31 Snufles

Snufles

    Hugz

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
  • Joined: 09/13/2010
  • Location:CANADA
GolfWRX Likes : 385

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

A clubhouse that board members do not try and turn into their personal palace.

The course I started playing on was a really nice 9 hole course with a small cottage. It is now a 27 hole underutilized monstrosity with no hope of paying for itself.Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 rvgolfer

rvgolfer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146939
  • Joined: 11/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostMrParr1Noid, on 22 January 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

View Postrvgolfer, on 19 January 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Ok then,,here goes.

A big men's locker room with enough lockers, (and not small ones either, ones that have enough room to hang suit coats and store extra shoes on shelves instead of being in a pile on the bottom), for every member, showers, and well stocked grooming aids at the lavatories.

A big ladies locker room just like the mens.

A separate area where both ladies and men can access the shoe care area.

Mens card room , age 21 to enter,  with bar and restaurant service, wifi, and sofas/chairs for lounging around a big tv, with smoking allowed with great ventilation.  with no restrictions.  

Ladies card room, same as men.

A 19th hole snack bar with full service menu and bar, big tv.

Main dining area with great food at reasonable prices, and enough room to have a large dance floor and live entertainment.

A large patio for dining and outdoor relaxing, that overlooks the signature hole of the golf course.

A nd last a nice bar area. , with both bar seating and tables with smoking allowed and great ventilation.

:D

p.s.  The only smoking allowed is if your shoes are on fire... :wave:

Have you shown your wife your crossouts?  Bet not.  Ladies these days are a powerful economic force in most families and shouldn't be excluded.

2

#33 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

    Golf was fun

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
  • Joined: 04/27/2005
  • Location:Green Side Up
  • Handicap:29
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postrvgolfer, on 22 January 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostMrParr1Noid, on 22 January 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

View Postrvgolfer, on 19 January 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Ok then,,here goes.

A big men's locker room with enough lockers, (and not small ones either, ones that have enough room to hang suit coats and store extra shoes on shelves instead of being in a pile on the bottom), for every member, showers, and well stocked grooming aids at the lavatories.

A big ladies locker room just like the mens.

A separate area where both ladies and men can access the shoe care area.

Mens card room , age 21 to enter,  with bar and restaurant service, wifi, and sofas/chairs for lounging around a big tv, with smoking allowed with great ventilation.  with no restrictions.  

Ladies card room, same as men.

A 19th hole snack bar with full service menu and bar, big tv.

Main dining area with great food at reasonable prices, and enough room to have a large dance floor and live entertainment.

A large patio for dining and outdoor relaxing, that overlooks the signature hole of the golf course.

A nd last a nice bar area. , with both bar seating and tables with smoking allowed and great ventilation.

:D

p.s.  The only smoking allowed is if your shoes are on fire... :wave:

Have you shown your wife your crossouts?  Bet not.  Ladies these days are a powerful economic force in most families and shouldn't be excluded.

You promise that you won't tell?     ;)

:lol:
1 Club -- Adjustable
1 Ball -- Very Long

3

#34 barkydog1

barkydog1

    Barkydog1

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144563
  • Joined: 10/29/2011
  • Location:Southern CA
  • Ebay ID:barkydogshapes
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

Good food and an elevated patio overlooking a signature hole.  Who needs a locker room to play golf????

4

#35 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 5669

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

View Postbarkydog1, on 24 January 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Good food and an elevated patio overlooking a signature hole.  Who needs a locker room to play golf????

I like places i can walk around naked in that aren't my house Posted Image


5

#36 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 618

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Postbarkydog1, on 24 January 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Good food and an elevated patio overlooking a signature hole.  Who needs a locker room to play golf????
Most of my rounds are played either right before going to the office on directly leaving the office.  Providing a locker room, spares everyone seeing my 6'5" 260 pound frame from changing shirts in the parking lot :)
PING G400 MAX 10.5  Fujikura Pro 2.0 65g R
Titleist F2 917 18* Diamana 60g S+
Titleist 816 H1 21* Diamana S+
Srixon 585 Modus Tour 3 105
Titleist SM7 50.8, 54.8 and 58.12
Odyssey EXO #7 35"

6

#37 BigOgolfer

BigOgolfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143473
  • Joined: 10/21/2011
  • Location:Nashville, Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

If money is no object, why not drop in one of those sims off to the side of the bar somewhere for about $50k?  It would give it a spark, and maybe even help to hold a small crowd on rainy days.
Ping I20 10.5* and 16.5*
Mizuno MP-52 4-PW, plus 1/2"
Cleveland 52* and 58*
Coutour Tri-Fit, Gullane, 350g
Bridgestone B-330S

7

#38 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

    Golf was fun

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
  • Joined: 04/27/2005
  • Location:Green Side Up
  • Handicap:29
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostBigOgolfer, on 24 January 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

If money is no object, why not drop in one of those sims off to the side of the bar somewhere for about $50k?  It would give it a spark, and maybe even help to hold a small crowd on rainy days.

Heck,  I always thought that beer did a pretty fair job of doing that... :)
1 Club -- Adjustable
1 Ball -- Very Long

8

#39 kuslamb

kuslamb

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140865
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Large lockers, three compartments (Top for hats, keys, valuables - middle for hanging clothes - bottom for shoes), all lockable (hate this, but has to be done).  

On-site laundry and dry-cleaning (offsite) available.  I do a good job of keep a lot of my golf wardrobe in my locker, but I can envision a system whereby I would be able to play out of my locker for a few weeks (approx 5 rounds) and then drop my laundry.  Fresh socks, undies, shirts, shorts, pants, etc...  

Southern Hills has transponders on vehicles that display on discreet monitors at various entry points the vehicle coming in as well as the owner and their spoouse/children if applicable.  In a perfect world, everyone would know you, but this sometimes isn't possible and it is nice to be greeted by name (including wife and kids as applicable).

9

#40 Superlad

Superlad

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177604
  • Joined: 04/26/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Simple and traditional.  Let the golf course do all the speaking!



Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors