Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 3 votes

What brand makes the best carry/stand bags?


442 replies to this topic

Poll: What brand makes the best carry/stand bags? (1994 member(s) have cast votes)

What brand makes the best carry/stand bags?

  1. Taylormade/Adidas (41 votes [2.06%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.06%

  2. Ping (586 votes [29.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 29.39%

  3. Sun Mountain (677 votes [33.95%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.95%

  4. Titleist (229 votes [11.48%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.48%

  5. Callaway (40 votes [2.01%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.01%

  6. Nike (80 votes [4.01%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.01%

  7. Mizuno (40 votes [2.01%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.01%

  8. Ogio (230 votes [11.53%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.53%

  9. Cobra (12 votes [0.60%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.60%

  10. Other (59 votes [2.96%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 kepeollie

kepeollie

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310435
  • Joined: 04/22/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

I have a Titleist, but think a Ping Hoofer is so much better.

But Sun Mountain’s customer service is top notch! I’ve sent two bags in for warranty and both times bags were replaced with newones. Can’t beat that.

TaylorMade R1
Titleist 913 H 21/23 degree
Mizuno MP-64 4-PW
Mizuno S5 51
Titleist Vokey SM4 56/62
Scotty Cameron Newport 12 model

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#422 wileyz

wileyz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108883
  • Joined: 06/01/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

View PostABLE, on 08 March 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

I have a Projekt Kozmak bag.  The legs have good feet.  There are plenty of pockets with everything for balls, apparel, valuables, score card, range finder, sunglasses.  Picked it up for a song at a silent auction.

How's this holding up?  Went to their site after reading and their bags are really nice!

2

#423 Roy_Munson

Roy_Munson

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117689
  • Joined: 11/18/2010
  • Location:Newcastle, WA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:12 AM

Anyone used the Travis Mathew Stand Bag (or Boroff)?  I was just perusing their website looking at Black Friday deals and saw these bags.  I had no idea they made bags but these look pretty nice.  I Google searched looking for reviews and only found 1 which is odd...  Figured maybe my GolfWRX brothers have some some feedback?  Thanks!
Titleist 917 D2 9.5
Titleist 913 F-d 13.5 & 18
Ping G25 3-PW
Cleveland CG15 50, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Monterey 35"
Apparel by Travis Mathew, Titleist, Nike, Ping, Footjoy, Adidas, Ogio, Under Armour, Oakley

3

#424 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

Sun Mountain has an amazing selection of stand bags. Great quality too.

4

#425 dave willie

dave willie

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116011
  • Joined: 10/10/2010
  • Location:Bellevue, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

I've had a Sun Mountain 3.5 and a SM Speed Cart Bag DLX for many years each.  A zipper finally failed on the 3.5 (and the stand was getting weak) so I replaced it with a Ping Hoofer.  You Hoofer fan boys better not be lying to me!  I plan on using it for a long time.

I agree with several people above: Sun Mountain and Ping make the best bags.  They both seem to put a lot of thought in the design and use high quality materials.  Sun Mountain service is top-notch, too.  They replaced the brake cable on my Speed Cart after 15 years based on a phone call alone - no proof of purchase or returning the damaged part.

Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Diamana Ltd Blue 70-S
Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
Cleveland Hi-Bore 22 hybrid
Ping i20 4-PW Nippon Modus3 120-S
Cleveland 588 50* & 60*, Callaway X-Tour 56*
Cameron Del Mar 2 Tei3 or Mil-Spec

5

#426 Shakester

Shakester

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463830
  • Joined: 04/17/2017
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

I'm a stickler when it comes to bags and I usually go with the same brand of irons that I'm playing.  By the time the bag is worn out to where I have to replace it, my irons are usually due for a change as well so it works out.
Driver - Nike Vapor Fly (9.5) UST Elements Chrome 6F4T Stiff
3 Wood - Nike Vapor Speed Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 60 Stiff

Hybrid - Nike VRS Covert 2.0 (4) Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Stiff
4 Iron - Nike Vapor Speed, DG Pro S300
Irons - Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW, DG Pro S300
Gap Wedge - Nike SV Tour (52 bent to 50)
Sand Wedge - Nike SV Tour (56 bent to 54)
Lob Wedge - Nike SV Tour (60 bent to 58)
Putter - 1999 Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid-Slant Newport
Current Ball - Bridgestone B330-S
Bag - Nike Sport Lite

6

#427 Hit 'Em Straight

Hit 'Em Straight

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 480284
  • Joined: 08/27/2017
  • Location:South Jersey (Philly Burbs)
  • Handicap:12.9
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

I carry an original Jones bag.

I haven't tried enough to call it the best with any level of authority.  But I'll be buying another when this one wears out in the distant future.

7

#428 Ernie1060

Ernie1060

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125099
  • Joined: 03/23/2011
  • Location:Irvine, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

So I'm between 3 bags. I tend to overthink these things so bare with me as I try to convey a stream on conscious...

Let me paint the scene... I've had a Sun Mountain for 3.5 years (that's ironic). I loved everything about it for the first 2 years. Then a few weird quirks started bugging me:

1) putting on the rain hood is a huge PITA and I feel like I forget how to do it each time I do it, it's not impossible, but so much harder than any other bag I've ever owned;

2) one of the openings for clubs continues to "catch" an iron when I try to pull it out... It's like the club is literally stuck and it will not come out. I got annoyed and forced the club out and it effin tore my grip!!! So now I I have to remove a bunch of clubs so I can squeeze me arm in and move it around so the club comes out...

3) the legs are tired from use because they are starting to lag open while I carry it a lot.

So I'm between a Ping Hoofer, another SM 3.5 LS (not sure why they added the LS, but whatevs), and the TM FlexTech.

Hoofer:
pros: no idea, I've never had one... Just everyone raves about good they are and how long they last... and lots of storage

Cons: they're kinda ugly bags... I'm not "moved" by any of the 3 colorway choices (insert sarcasm here)
Also what's up with the super weird organizer for the clubs.??? The biggest opening is at the bottom??? I would intuitively put my driver, 3w, Hybrid, and putter in there but having them ad the bottom seems weird. And feedback on this?? Also, it's kind of a pig at 5lbs

SM 3.5
Pros: used this style before, super lightweight

Cons: current bags look meh, not much storage, for some reason they got rid of their amazing strap system and they look like they are super easy to get them tangled up.

TM FlexTech:
Pros: bags look pretty good, lots of storage, bag system looks pretty solid, 5 way organizer from Hoofer but set the "right" way!! (At least for me)

Cons: basically also a fatty at 5lbs, TM bags Rent historically amazing, basically just a better looking Hoofer, their flex base is pretty knew so no reviews regarding durability.

What do we think here?

8

#429 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

View PostErnie1060, on 09 January 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

So I'm between 3 bags. I tend to overthink these things so bare with me as I try to convey a stream on conscious...

Let me paint the scene... I've had a Sun Mountain for 3.5 years (that's ironic). I loved everything about it for the first 2 years. Then a few weird quirks started bugging me:

1) putting on the rain hood is a huge PITA and I feel like I forget how to do it each time I do it, it's not impossible, but so much harder than any other bag I've ever owned;

2) one of the openings for clubs continues to "catch" an iron when I try to pull it out... It's like the club is literally stuck and it will not come out. I got annoyed and forced the club out and it effin tore my grip!!! So now I I have to remove a bunch of clubs so I can squeeze me arm in and move it around so the club comes out...

3) the legs are tired from use because they are starting to lag open while I carry it a lot.

So I'm between a Ping Hoofer, another SM 3.5 LS (not sure why they added the LS, but whatevs), and the TM FlexTech.

Hoofer:
pros: no idea, I've never had one... Just everyone raves about good they are and how long they last... and lots of storage

Cons: they're kinda ugly bags... I'm not "moved" by any of the 3 colorway choices (insert sarcasm here)
Also what's up with the super weird organizer for the clubs.??? The biggest opening is at the bottom??? I would intuitively put my driver, 3w, Hybrid, and putter in there but having them ad the bottom seems weird. And feedback on this?? Also, it's kind of a pig at 5lbs

SM 3.5
Pros: used this style before, super lightweight

Cons: current bags look meh, not much storage, for some reason they got rid of their amazing strap system and they look like they are super easy to get them tangled up.

TM FlexTech:
Pros: bags look pretty good, lots of storage, bag system looks pretty solid, 5 way organizer from Hoofer but set the "right" way!! (At least for me)

Cons: basically also a fatty at 5lbs, TM bags Rent historically amazing, basically just a better looking Hoofer, their flex base is pretty knew so no reviews regarding durability.

What do we think here?
Definitely omit the hoofer if club jamming gets to you and you'll be carrying.

Similarly, the 3.5LS drove me crazy because the apparel pocket constantly got stuck in the legs.

Based on your list, I'd say the Flextech for you.  But you should also look at the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 4 way.
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
PING G25 23*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo
Nike VR Forged 52*, 58*
Cameron Studio Select Newport

9

#430 Ernie1060

Ernie1060

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125099
  • Joined: 03/23/2011
  • Location:Irvine, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 09 January 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

View PostErnie1060, on 09 January 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

So I'm between 3 bags. I tend to overthink these things so bare with me as I try to convey a stream on conscious...

Let me paint the scene... I've had a Sun Mountain for 3.5 years (that's ironic). I loved everything about it for the first 2 years. Then a few weird quirks started bugging me:

1) putting on the rain hood is a huge PITA and I feel like I forget how to do it each time I do it, it's not impossible, but so much harder than any other bag I've ever owned;

2) one of the openings for clubs continues to "catch" an iron when I try to pull it out... It's like the club is literally stuck and it will not come out. I got annoyed and forced the club out and it effin tore my grip!!! So now I I have to remove a bunch of clubs so I can squeeze me arm in and move it around so the club comes out...

3) the legs are tired from use because they are starting to lag open while I carry it a lot.

So I'm between a Ping Hoofer, another SM 3.5 LS (not sure why they added the LS, but whatevs), and the TM FlexTech.

Hoofer:
pros: no idea, I've never had one... Just everyone raves about good they are and how long they last... and lots of storage

Cons: they're kinda ugly bags... I'm not "moved" by any of the 3 colorway choices (insert sarcasm here)
Also what's up with the super weird organizer for the clubs.??? The biggest opening is at the bottom??? I would intuitively put my driver, 3w, Hybrid, and putter in there but having them ad the bottom seems weird. And feedback on this?? Also, it's kind of a pig at 5lbs

SM 3.5
Pros: used this style before, super lightweight

Cons: current bags look meh, not much storage, for some reason they got rid of their amazing strap system and they look like they are super easy to get them tangled up.

TM FlexTech:
Pros: bags look pretty good, lots of storage, bag system looks pretty solid, 5 way organizer from Hoofer but set the "right" way!! (At least for me)

Cons: basically also a fatty at 5lbs, TM bags Rent historically amazing, basically just a better looking Hoofer, their flex base is pretty knew so no reviews regarding durability.

What do we think here?
Definitely omit the hoofer if club jamming gets to you and you'll be carrying.

Similarly, the 3.5LS drove me crazy because the apparel pocket constantly got stuck in the legs.

Based on your list, I'd say the Flextech for you.  But you should also look at the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 4 way.
Good call. Looks like I'm between 2!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#431 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

View PostErnie1060, on 09 January 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View Postbrew4eagle, on 09 January 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

View PostErnie1060, on 09 January 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

So I'm between 3 bags. I tend to overthink these things so bare with me as I try to convey a stream on conscious...

Let me paint the scene... I've had a Sun Mountain for 3.5 years (that's ironic). I loved everything about it for the first 2 years. Then a few weird quirks started bugging me:

1) putting on the rain hood is a huge PITA and I feel like I forget how to do it each time I do it, it's not impossible, but so much harder than any other bag I've ever owned;

2) one of the openings for clubs continues to "catch" an iron when I try to pull it out... It's like the club is literally stuck and it will not come out. I got annoyed and forced the club out and it effin tore my grip!!! So now I I have to remove a bunch of clubs so I can squeeze me arm in and move it around so the club comes out...

3) the legs are tired from use because they are starting to lag open while I carry it a lot.

So I'm between a Ping Hoofer, another SM 3.5 LS (not sure why they added the LS, but whatevs), and the TM FlexTech.

Hoofer:
pros: no idea, I've never had one... Just everyone raves about good they are and how long they last... and lots of storage

Cons: they're kinda ugly bags... I'm not "moved" by any of the 3 colorway choices (insert sarcasm here)
Also what's up with the super weird organizer for the clubs.??? The biggest opening is at the bottom??? I would intuitively put my driver, 3w, Hybrid, and putter in there but having them ad the bottom seems weird. And feedback on this?? Also, it's kind of a pig at 5lbs

SM 3.5
Pros: used this style before, super lightweight

Cons: current bags look meh, not much storage, for some reason they got rid of their amazing strap system and they look like they are super easy to get them tangled up.

TM FlexTech:
Pros: bags look pretty good, lots of storage, bag system looks pretty solid, 5 way organizer from Hoofer but set the "right" way!! (At least for me)

Cons: basically also a fatty at 5lbs, TM bags Rent historically amazing, basically just a better looking Hoofer, their flex base is pretty knew so no reviews regarding durability.

What do we think here?
Definitely omit the hoofer if club jamming gets to you and you'll be carrying.

Similarly, the 3.5LS drove me crazy because the apparel pocket constantly got stuck in the legs.

Based on your list, I'd say the Flextech for you.  But you should also look at the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 4 way.
Good call. Looks like I'm between 2!

clubs will get stuck on most standby bags occasionally when the bag is leaning on it's legs simply because the clubs are laying on each other and grips are sticky/grabby. You have to set the bag upgright to pull the club out if it's stuck. Kinda funny people don't realize this but every bag thats in the standby bag size will be the same way

11

#432 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

^ The problem is magnified 1000-fold with Hoofer due to the way the bottom collapses.  This is why I advised to avoid it.  It's a pain to have to always hold a Hoofer vertically to exchange clubs, especially when using a laser, etc. and only having 2 hands.  And due to the way it mixes up the clubs when the stand is engaged, you still get club tangle.  So, avoid the Hoofer unless you primarily use a cart, then it's a great choice. With a Sun Mtn or Flextech, the clubs go in and out just as easily whether held vertical, or with stand engaged.
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
PING G25 23*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo
Nike VR Forged 52*, 58*
Cameron Studio Select Newport

12

#433 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 09 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

^ The problem is magnified 1000-fold with Hoofer due to the way the bottom collapses.  This is why I advised to avoid it.  It's a pain to have to always hold a Hoofer vertically to exchange clubs, especially when using a laser, etc. and only having 2 hands.  And due to the way it mixes up the clubs when the stand is engaged, you still get club tangle.  So, avoid the Hoofer unless you primarily use a cart, then it's a great choice. With a Sun Mtn or Flextech, the clubs go in and out just as easily whether held vertical, or with stand engaged.

I'm on my 3rd ping 4 series and I pull clubs out the entire rounds with the stand engaged on the ground. Occasionally, like maybe once every 18 I would have to set it upright to get a club out because it's tangled, although I usually do set it upright to put my clubs back in.

13

#434 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Joined: 02/18/2006
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

^Just curious, have you ever had a Sun Mtn?  It could be enlightening.
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
PING G25 23*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo
Nike VR Forged 52*, 58*
Cameron Studio Select Newport

14

#435 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postbrew4eagle, on 09 January 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

^Just curious, have you ever had a Sun Mtn?  It could be enlightening.

I've had sun mountain cart bags but not stand. I've read complaints over the years of club tangle on every stand bag out there including sun mountain. It's never been something that I had much of an issue with that would make me want a bag to help with it. It's like those bags people get with 14 way individual dividers, never really been my thing. Most of the time its higher caps getting these sorts of things for some reason

Edited by Redjeep83, 10 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.


15

#436 Ernie1060

Ernie1060

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125099
  • Joined: 03/23/2011
  • Location:Irvine, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostRedjeep83, on 09 January 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

View PostErnie1060, on 09 January 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

View Postbrew4eagle, on 09 January 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

View PostErnie1060, on 09 January 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

So I'm between 3 bags. I tend to overthink these things so bare with me as I try to convey a stream on conscious...

Let me paint the scene... I've had a Sun Mountain for 3.5 years (that's ironic). I loved everything about it for the first 2 years. Then a few weird quirks started bugging me:

1) putting on the rain hood is a huge PITA and I feel like I forget how to do it each time I do it, it's not impossible, but so much harder than any other bag I've ever owned;

2) one of the openings for clubs continues to "catch" an iron when I try to pull it out... It's like the club is literally stuck and it will not come out. I got annoyed and forced the club out and it effin tore my grip!!! So now I I have to remove a bunch of clubs so I can squeeze me arm in and move it around so the club comes out...

3) the legs are tired from use because they are starting to lag open while I carry it a lot.

So I'm between a Ping Hoofer, another SM 3.5 LS (not sure why they added the LS, but whatevs), and the TM FlexTech.

Hoofer:
pros: no idea, I've never had one... Just everyone raves about good they are and how long they last... and lots of storage

Cons: they're kinda ugly bags... I'm not "moved" by any of the 3 colorway choices (insert sarcasm here)
Also what's up with the super weird organizer for the clubs.??? The biggest opening is at the bottom??? I would intuitively put my driver, 3w, Hybrid, and putter in there but having them ad the bottom seems weird. And feedback on this?? Also, it's kind of a pig at 5lbs

SM 3.5
Pros: used this style before, super lightweight

Cons: current bags look meh, not much storage, for some reason they got rid of their amazing strap system and they look like they are super easy to get them tangled up.

TM FlexTech:
Pros: bags look pretty good, lots of storage, bag system looks pretty solid, 5 way organizer from Hoofer but set the "right" way!! (At least for me)

Cons: basically also a fatty at 5lbs, TM bags Rent historically amazing, basically just a better looking Hoofer, their flex base is pretty knew so no reviews regarding durability.

What do we think here?
Definitely omit the hoofer if club jamming gets to you and you'll be carrying.

Similarly, the 3.5LS drove me crazy because the apparel pocket constantly got stuck in the legs.

Based on your list, I'd say the Flextech for you.  But you should also look at the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 4 way.
Good call. Looks like I'm between 2!

clubs will get stuck on most standby bags occasionally when the bag is leaning on it's legs simply because the clubs are laying on each other and grips are sticky/grabby. You have to set the bag upgright to pull the club out if it's stuck. Kinda funny people don't realize this but every bag thats in the standby bag size will be the same way
I'm not an idiot. The first thing I do is to stand the bag upright and try to shake the bag to see if I can loosen the club. No dice.

I literally have to remove the removable irons in the sleeve and the ones in the top sleeve so I can wedge my arm and dislodge the club. Even then it's not a simple thing. I even mentioned that it has torn a geip... This is more than the clubs being tangled while the bag is leaning over, I know you don't know me but give me a little bit of credit here.

I think there is a spot in that particular sleeve where the club's grip gets physically caught on the material of that sleeve and it is a very frustrating event at high frequency.

16

#437 Joe V.

Joe V.

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447490
  • Joined: 11/27/2016
  • Location:SE Pennsylvania
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:31 AM

I've really only ever used Hoofers for the last 20 years. I am due for a new bag and after reading a lot and fiddling with bags in the store I am goiong SM 3.5LS.

Yes, I've dealt with the Hoofer club tangle, but it's not my biggest complaint, weight is.  If I can shave 1.5 LBS  thats a huge deal walking 18 holes for me. Oh, and the new Hoofer colors are ugly as sin too...

Edited by Joe V., 11 January 2018 - 08:35 AM.


17

#438 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

View PostJoe V., on 11 January 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

I've really only ever used Hoofers for the last 20 years. I am due for a new bag and after reading a lot and fiddling with bags in the store I am goiong SM 3.5LS.

Yes, I've dealt with the Hoofer club tangle, but it's not my biggest complaint, weight is.  If I can shave 1.5 LBS  thats a huge deal walking 18 holes for me. Oh, and the new Hoofer colors are ugly as sin too...

yea, I hear you on the colors. I think the ping website doesn't list them all for 2018 hoofers for some reason. I was on a website that sells golf equipment and clicked on the 2018 hoofer, non 14 way and they had like 3-4 more color choices than the ping website. Nothing too great but atleast more options. Ping website has really been lacking lately

18

#439 SwingMan

SwingMan

    SwingMan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
  • Location:DFW Texas
  • Handicap:11.5
GolfWRX Likes : 903

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

When I travel or carry a bag on my back, it's the SM 2.5 - the objective is to keep it light.

Will probably go for a SM 4.5 for general purpose use - range and motorized cart.

Now for a push cart bag, since the SM leg mechanism is no bueno, as are other stand bags. Thinking about that bag. Vessel, Ping Pioneer, H2No Lite Cart bag.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

In the Bag: Ping G400/VA SLAY 55 03 (Tipped .25)  ● Exotics EX10 3,5,7 GD AD F 55/65 ● Exotics EX10 22 GD ADHY 75 ● PXG 0311 XF 5-6i, PXG 0311/Mitsubishi OT 75 7-PW,  Miura Y Grind 50, K Grind 55, 59 Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 ● Directed Force Reno ● Callaway CS, Snell MTB; Cart: Stewart Golf RS-1; Irons/Wedges built by Frank VIola @ www.aceofclubstp.com

19

#440 Meerkat213

Meerkat213

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322599
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostSwingMan, on 12 January 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

When I travel or carry a bag on my back, it's the SM 2.5 - the objective is to keep it light.

Will probably go for a SM 4.5 for general purpose use - range and motorized cart.

Now for a push cart bag, since the SM leg mechanism is no bueno, as are other stand bags. Thinking about that bag. Vessel, Ping Pioneer, H2No Lite Cart bag.

Picked up a Ping Pioneer recently and it's fantastic.  Plenty of room and the magnetic pocket is perfect for a rangefinder.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#441 Dpavs

Dpavs

    OverWRX'ed

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133444
  • Joined: 07/18/2011
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 1697

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

I have the 2015 14 way Titleist Stand bag and it has been the most versatile, durable and easy to clean bag I have ever owned. (Emphasis on easy to clean!)

Posted Image

21

#442 simonnd

simonnd

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 489528
  • Joined: 12/27/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted Yesterday, 01:40 AM

I really like my Sun Mountain stand bag. Light in weight and very durable.

22

#443 kcowgolf

kcowgolf

    kcowgolf

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87839
  • Joined: 07/08/2009
  • Location:Colorado
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:kcowmusic
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Don't like the Ping carry straps, & Sun Mountain aren't nearly as good as they once were.  The older 3.5 was the best IMO for carrying but you can't find them anymore.  Wish I could find something similiar.

23



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors