Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Which disney courses to play?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 drummerboy

drummerboy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22624
  • Joined: 12/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

HI , I'm staying in disney for two weeks in a couple months time. I will only have a car for a few days during the two weeks (so i can take a trip up to play sawgrass basically !) , so i will be playing my golf in the disney resort courses . I will probably only get 2-3 rounds in so which are the better courses out of the 4 ? I will probably play lake buenevista as one of them as our room is overlooking one of the holes . so would be a shame not to play it .

I will also be a single golfer, How busy is it going to be during March ?

Thanks on advance for any replays !


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 pjmac

pjmac

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125170
  • Joined: 03/24/2011
  • Location:Minnesota
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Out of the Disney courses, Osprey Ridge is my favorite, but Magnolia is a close second.  LBV is probably number 4 of the 4, but still a good course.  In my experience the Disney courses are usually pretty busy in March, but shouldn't be a problem getting on for a single.

#3 Mward2002

Mward2002

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2482
  • Joined: 07/13/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

I played the Palm a few months ago. It rained for about 10 minutes and the course was very soft. The guy I played with said that both the Palm and Magnolia aren't the best when it comes to draining.

I did enjoy the Palm though, just not the soft conditions hehe. FWIW, Hawk's Landing is over at the Marriott World Center and about 5 minutes away (you can easily see it if your hotel room faces south towards I-4) and that was a really fun course.

Enjoy that hotel if you've never been. The bed is fantastic.

#4 drummerboy

drummerboy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22624
  • Joined: 12/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for the replys.

which course is it they play the final round of the disney tournament on ?

Ive played Hawks landing a few years ago, it was fun . greens were great !

#5 sabram

sabram

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

There was a similar thread (I think here, but perhaps another site) a few months ago and Osprey got the most votes by far. Osprey has more of a woodland/secluded feel than the other three. Osprey may make you think of a Carolina locale, while the other three are for the most part typical Florida courses, albeit good ones.

Here's a link to photos of the Disney courses: Disney Golf Photos


Posted Image
Lake Buena Vista #7 par 3

Posted Image
Osprey Ridge #17 par 3

Posted Image
Magnolia #6 par 3 - What a Mickey Mouse bunker  ;)

Edited by sabram, 14 January 2012 - 08:28 AM.


#6 drummerboy

drummerboy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22624
  • Joined: 12/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for your help, that was very useful !

I have booked two tee times , lake buene vista ( simply because I'm staying on the course ) and magnolia . Looking forward to them.

#7 HeadonaStick

HeadonaStick

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9834
  • Joined: 01/14/2006
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 211

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Osprey Ridge is by far my favorite.  It is more remote and requires more strategy than the rest.  If you only play Disney once every few years play Osprey as it will be closed eventually when it becomes part of the new Four Seasons resort.

The Palm and Magnolia are fun if for no other reason than the pros play these courses and it is fun to see a hole you recognize on television.  Well groomed with Disney service these courses, especially Mag, play long and straight for the most part.  Palm is probably the wettest course as far as drainage goes with Magnolia a close second.  If it is raining these are not the courses to play.  Personally I find Palm a more interesting course, especially the back nine.

Lake Buena Vista is a very nice resort style course.  It is the oldest of the Disney courses and I think it shows, but it is well maintained and can be a lot of fun.  I think LBV plays the shortest although there are some challenging holes lengthwise especially on the back side.  LBV is next door to Downtown Disney and has the most choices nearby for food and shopping as it is next to several Disney Club locations.

Be sure to take advantage of the fact that Disney will take care of your clubs if you are playing different courses over several days.  They will be clean and waiting for you on a cart when you arrive the next day no matter which course you played the day before.  Disney also has some very good replay rates during the year.  I am not sure what they have available right now but you may want to check.

#8 asong77

asong77

    Try reading the rules, you shankapotamus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34343
  • Joined: 07/11/2007
  • Location:NYC
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

View Postdrummerboy, on 16 January 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Thanks for your help, that was very useful !

I have booked two tee times , lake buene vista ( simply because I'm staying on the course ) and magnolia . Looking forward to them.


Did you book directly through Disney? If memory serves me correctly, March is quite expensive for a round. I recommend booking your tee times with teetimesusa.com...they should have much better rates than Disney.

If you're going to play during the expensive, peak morning rounds, then best bet would be Disney's 2 rounds pass for $200.

Have fun...I'm jealous!

#9 DarkStewie

DarkStewie

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114621
  • Joined: 09/09/2010
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

I've played the Magnolia and it is a beautiful course to play. Would definitely recommend it.

#10 drummerboy

drummerboy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22624
  • Joined: 12/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostHeadonaStick, on 16 January 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Osprey Ridge is by far my favorite.  It is more remote and requires more strategy than the rest.  If you only play Disney once every few years play Osprey as it will be closed eventually when it becomes part of the new Four Seasons resort.

The Palm and Magnolia are fun if for no other reason than the pros play these courses and it is fun to see a hole you recognize on television.  Well groomed with Disney service these courses, especially Mag, play long and straight for the most part.  Palm is probably the wettest course as far as drainage goes with Magnolia a close second.  If it is raining these are not the courses to play.  Personally I find Palm a more interesting course, especially the back nine.

Lake Buena Vista is a very nice resort style course.  It is the oldest of the Disney courses and I think it shows, but it is well maintained and can be a lot of fun.  I think LBV plays the shortest although there are some challenging holes lengthwise especially on the back side.  LBV is next door to Downtown Disney and has the most choices nearby for food and shopping as it is next to several Disney Club locations.

Be sure to take advantage of the fact that Disney will take care of your clubs if you are playing different courses over several days.  They will be clean and waiting for you on a cart when you arrive the next day no matter which course you played the day before.  Disney also has some very good replay rates during the year.  I am not sure what they have available right now but you may want to check.

Thanks !

Hearing that a lot, i was a little put of by the pictures in the link above though. Didn't look in very good shape. If i can squeeze in a 3rd round it will be there !

Im Staying at Old key west, so thats why I'm playing Lake Buena Vista first , have requested a room facing the course . Will also be my first proper round since end of October, so will break me in gently ! haha


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 drummerboy

drummerboy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22624
  • Joined: 12/10/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

View Postasong77, on 16 January 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

View Postdrummerboy, on 16 January 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Thanks for your help, that was very useful !

I have booked two tee times , lake buene vista ( simply because I'm staying on the course ) and magnolia . Looking forward to them.


Did you book directly through Disney? If memory serves me correctly, March is quite expensive for a round. I recommend booking your tee times with teetimesusa.com...they should have much better rates than Disney.

If you're going to play during the expensive, peak morning rounds, then best bet would be Disney's 2 rounds pass for $200.

Have fun...I'm jealous!

Yeah i booked with Disney, I'm a professional though so i get PGA rates . thanks anyway ! really looking forward to it , -2 where i am today so some sun golf in the sun will be great !

#12 asong77

asong77

    Try reading the rules, you shankapotamus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34343
  • Joined: 07/11/2007
  • Location:NYC
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postdrummerboy, on 16 January 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

View Postasong77, on 16 January 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

View Postdrummerboy, on 16 January 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Thanks for your help, that was very useful !

I have booked two tee times , lake buene vista ( simply because I'm staying on the course ) and magnolia . Looking forward to them.


Did you book directly through Disney? If memory serves me correctly, March is quite expensive for a round. I recommend booking your tee times with teetimesusa.com...they should have much better rates than Disney.

If you're going to play during the expensive, peak morning rounds, then best bet would be Disney's 2 rounds pass for $200.

Have fun...I'm jealous!

Yeah i booked with Disney, I'm a professional though so i get PGA rates . thanks anyway ! really looking forward to it , -2 where i am today so some sun golf in the sun will be great !

Even more jealous! You're gonna have a blast. Here's me at the Mickey hole 2 years ago... Posted Image

Attached File  20091214_0757 (Large).JPG   129.1K   8 downloads

#13 boon44

boon44

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 606 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20788
  • Joined: 10/20/2006
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

To answer one of your questions, The Magnolia is where they play the final round of the PGA tourney.  I was there this year and followed Gary Woodland, Luke Donald, and Webb Simpson for the 3rd and 4th rounds.  During the 2nd round I walked along with Sean Foley for 5 holes.  Great guy and easy to talk to.  Dude is tiny but very cool and approachable.  He was following Justin Rose (didnt make the cut).

You will have a blast playing Disney.  Enjoy.

#14 PhxGolf

PhxGolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84086
  • Joined: 05/28/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Was there last week.... the greens on The Palm were awesome!  All the courses are good.... everyone has their favorite.  I like Osprey because they give you free range balls.... Palm and Mag pro shop charges for them.

#15 asong77

asong77

    Try reading the rules, you shankapotamus!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34343
  • Joined: 07/11/2007
  • Location:NYC
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostPhxGolf, on 16 January 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Was there last week.... the greens on The Palm were awesome!  All the courses are good.... everyone has their favorite.  I like Osprey because they give you free range balls.... Palm and Mag pro shop charges for them.

Really? I've played all 4 courses and have gotten free range balls for every round...it looks no free range balls for twilight rounds, per their site:

  • $105 Resort Guest rate and $125 Day Guest rate above include greens fee and use of a GPS-equipped electric golf cart for 18 holes and also include a basket of pre-round practice balls.
  • 2:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. $49 "Twilight" rate above includes greens fee and use of a GPS-equipped electric golf cart, and does not include pre-round practice balls. Because tee times vary and sunset occurs at different times, 18 holes cannot be guaranteed.

Attached File  disney range.JPG   180.58K   7 downloads



#16 PhxGolf

PhxGolf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84086
  • Joined: 05/28/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

View Postasong77, on 16 January 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostPhxGolf, on 16 January 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Was there last week.... the greens on The Palm were awesome!  All the courses are good.... everyone has their favorite.  I like Osprey because they give you free range balls.... Palm and Mag pro shop charges for them.

Really? I've played all 4 courses and have gotten free range balls for every round...it looks no free range balls for twilight rounds, per their site:

  • $105 Resort Guest rate and $125 Day Guest rate above include greens fee and use of a GPS-equipped electric golf cart for 18 holes and also include a basket of pre-round practice balls.
  • 2:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. $49 "Twilight" rate above includes greens fee and use of a GPS-equipped electric golf cart, and does not include pre-round practice balls. Because tee times vary and sunset occurs at different times, 18 holes cannot be guaranteed.

Attached File  disney range.JPG   180.58K   7 downloads


My dad is retired Air Force so we get a reduced rate... maybe that's why they charge for Range Balls at the Palm and Mag.... they have new Callaway Range balls now that Arnold Palmer Inc has taken over.... No more Black spot Titleists!

#17 golfdad907

golfdad907

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24061
  • Joined: 01/15/2007
  • Location:DFW, TX
  • Ebay ID:golfdad_907
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

All are nice.  Osprey is awesome, as was the Dye Eagle River or whatever is what called.

Magnolia and Palm are old school Florida golf with great service.  Tips are included in everything, so $6 beers aren't too bad for a resort.
BV is nice as well, but least favorite.

You can leave your clubs with them and they take them from course to course for you.
Optiforce 440 Diamana B Series 60
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
XHot Pro Hybrids 20/23 Accra Shafts
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V
Versa 2 WBW SuperStoke 2.0
X Forged 52 and 58

#18 sabram

sabram

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Postgolfdad907, on 17 January 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

All are nice.  Osprey is awesome, as was the Dye Eagle River or whatever is what called.

It was Eagle Pines. Sorry to see that course gone.

whichever course you play, Disney really treats you well.

#19 67VIP

67VIP

    67VIP

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43777
  • Joined: 12/12/2007
  • Location:Mildenhall, United Kingdom
  • Ebay ID:Elvis42675
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

Osprey Ridge and Magnolia are the two best there now.  Once upon a time Osprey Ridge had a sister named Eagle Pines.  Unbelieveable they closed that course to build a hotel/condos on the site...Disney needed that like a hole in the head.  When I still lived in central florida Osprey and Eagle were two of my favorite courses, along with Southern Dunes and Orange County National.
MacGregor VIP 1025M 3-PW / DG S300
Taylormade RBZ 10.5 / Matrix XCON 5 S
Cally X2 Hot Pro 15 /Aldila Tour Green S
Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo S
Cally Mack Daddy Two 52 / 58 DG S200
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

#20 Medic

Medic

    6th at Disney's Magnolia

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132567
  • Joined: 07/08/2011
  • Location:Lakeland, Florida
  • Handicap:6.3
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

View Post67VIP, on 06 February 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Osprey Ridge and Magnolia are the two best there now.  Once upon a time Osprey Ridge had a sister named Eagle Pines.  Unbelieveable they closed that course to build a hotel/condos on the site...Disney needed that like a hole in the head.  When I still lived in central florida Osprey and Eagle were two of my favorite courses, along with Southern Dunes and Orange County National.

Osprey Ridge is about to change and you are going to experience it before it does - for the worse in my book.

Four Seasons is taking over as golf management and they are planning on building around Osprey. Right now the only sounds when you are playing are nature, you, and golf. No traffic. Nothing but woods and nature. It is going to lose some of that atmoshere when they build on the surrounding properties.  

The Magnolia (or The Mag for those of us who love it) is truly a one of a kind. This is where the pros finish up and it is my favorite course here in Florida. The condition is ALWAYS top shelf and they treat you like gold. Be ready for fast fairways, fast greens, and lots of fun.

The Palm is another Disney classic and is right next to The Mag. If you can marathon it play both of these on the same day and get a full Disney golf experience. It is really fun playing Palm and hearing the sounds of Disney all around you. And you can see the Monorail from one of the first holes.

Lake Buena Vista or LBV is another Disney classic. While not as pristine as the other Disney courses it is definitely worth a visit.

While I hate the fact that GolfNow took away my reward points I cannot take their Disney golf prices away from them. On GolfNow you can book any Disney course for under $100 in afternoon rounds last time I looked - a bargain for this time of year.

If you can wait until summer you won't believe what I pay, as a Disney Annual Passholder, to play The Mag. $25 believe it or not. So needless to say, yes it is a little hotter but it is a bargain. And as I said it is my favorite course by far. I really love going and playing in October right after the pros finish off too - then you can land in their divots. On their drive and your second shot...

Have fun. Take your camera. Make some memories!

TM Rbz Tour 10.5
TM Rbz 17* 3 Wood HL
Callaway X 19* 5 Wood
Callaway X-24 Hot 4-SW
Cleveland CG-16 60*
TM Spider 37" Counterweighted

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Raidermatt

Raidermatt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49345
  • Joined: 02/19/2008
  • Location:Northern California
  • Ebay ID:theoriginalraidermatt
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostMedic, on 06 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:


Osprey Ridge is about to change and you are going to experience it before it does - for the worse in my book.

Four Seasons is taking over as golf management and they are planning on building around Osprey. Right now the only sounds when you are playing are nature, you, and golf. No traffic. Nothing but woods and nature. It is going to lose some of that atmoshere when they build on the surrounding properties.  


We last played Osprey in July 2010 and construction had already begun.  It stalled though due to financing issues (which have apparently since been worked out) and I'm not sure what areas have active construction now.

Four Seasons is also planning a remodel of Osprey, so that's another reason to play it sooner rather than later.  Who knows what they will do to it.

Not a fan of the overall project at all, not just the impact to Osprey.

#22 SurfinTurf

SurfinTurf

    In like Flynn with my 8802

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115210
  • Joined: 09/21/2010
  • Location:Pacific Grove, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Play that one with the submarine and the man eating octopus.
TM '07 Burner TP 8.5 Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5 PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18 PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51/56/60
The Wilson 8802

#23 sirparalot

sirparalot

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Joined: 02/24/2011
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Personally not a fan of any of the Disney courses.  There are much better courses outside the Disney complex.  I know access to a vehicle is an issue but if you can get off property I would play Orange County National, Southern Dunes, or the courses at Grand Cypress.  All much better courses and maintained so much better.  Disney gives Orlando golf a bad name from a locals perspective, there is just so many better courses within 30 minutes of the Kingdom of Disney.

#24 golfdad907

golfdad907

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24061
  • Joined: 01/15/2007
  • Location:DFW, TX
  • Ebay ID:golfdad_907
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

View Postsirparalot, on 20 March 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Personally not a fan of any of the Disney courses.  There are much better courses outside the Disney complex.  I know access to a vehicle is an issue but if you can get off property I would play Orange County National, Southern Dunes, or the courses at Grand Cypress.  All much better courses and maintained so much better.  Disney gives Orlando golf a bad name from a locals perspective, there is just so many better courses within 30 minutes of the Kingdom of Disney.

I always found Disney to be in pretty good shape - however, Orange County National is really top shelf, and Grand Cypress (didn't know could play without staying there) is awesome, especially North/South and New Course...they have an army of groundskeepers.
Optiforce 440 Diamana B Series 60
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
XHot Pro Hybrids 20/23 Accra Shafts
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V
Versa 2 WBW SuperStoke 2.0
X Forged 52 and 58

#25 al3h

al3h

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128165
  • Joined: 05/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostMedic, on 06 February 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

If you can wait until summer you won't believe what I pay, as a Disney Annual Passholder, to play The Mag. $25 believe it or not. So needless to say, yes it is a little hotter but it is a bargain. And as I said it is my favorite course by far. I really love going and playing in October right after the pros finish off too - then you can land in their divots. On their drive and your second shot...



How busy are the courses and are they in good condition in late July?  I was considering taking a trip down then.  Also does one need to stay at Disney to play there?


#26 sabram

sabram

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postal3h, on 26 March 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:


How busy are the courses and are they in good condition in late July?  I was considering taking a trip down then.  Also does one need to stay at Disney to play there?

You do not need to stay on property to play the Disney courses. I've played them in every season and they are almost always in good shape. Best deals are afternoon tee times, but that can be real hot in July. That's why it's cheaper and less crowded. Early morning is the best temps, but expensive.

#27 golfdad907

golfdad907

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24061
  • Joined: 01/15/2007
  • Location:DFW, TX
  • Ebay ID:golfdad_907
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Postsabram, on 26 March 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Postal3h, on 26 March 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:


How busy are the courses and are they in good condition in late July?  I was considering taking a trip down then.  Also does one need to stay at Disney to play there?

You do not need to stay on property to play the Disney courses. I've played them in every season and they are almost always in good shape. Best deals are afternoon tee times, but that can be real hot in July. That's why it's cheaper and less crowded. Early morning is the best temps, but expensive.

Disney are always in good shape, and I'm from TX, so it's humid (like Houston) but I'm used to it, so some very quality courses can be had in July for cheap.  Can zip around in 3.5 or less easily in summer.

Don't forget Grand Cypress (adjacent pretty much to Disney), World Woods Pine Barrens is phenom within hours drive.  Orange County National isn't too far and really sweet.

Can't go wrong with Disney quality of service.
Optiforce 440 Diamana B Series 60
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
XHot Pro Hybrids 20/23 Accra Shafts
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V
Versa 2 WBW SuperStoke 2.0
X Forged 52 and 58




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors