Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Latest: LPGA releases expanded 2012 schedule

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Hennessey

Steve Hennessey

• Golf Digest Publications
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135126
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

After last season, with the LPGA holding its fewest total number of events since 1972, the LPGA has added four events to its schedule for 2012.

What does that say about the Tour? Are you excited about the budding talent in women's golf?

Golf World Executive Editor Ron Sirak writes about LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan's efforts to help the women's tour: LPGA announces 2012 schedule with four more events

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 1001

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Great news for the LPGA!!!  :partytime2:
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE
========================================

#3 tbowles411

tbowles411

I've always liked this pic. :)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1701

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Now, if we can actually SEE it on TGC at a reasonable hour.  Not at midnight or on a DVR...

#4 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2250

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Alright, this is moving in the right direction finally! Great to see the ladies get some more weeks out there.

I was super excited when i first heard Wahns ideas 18 mons ago or whatever it was. I have kind of felt like the jury is still out because I had hoped he'd have a more immediate impact last year as far as more events, etc. And with some of the decisions made (what was the deal with the idea to have a tournament that had money list dollars at stake but no actual money being paid to the players? Something like that,  it was certainly a  :WTF: moment IMO) i was starting to worry the guy was nuts.

So I am looking forward to the season. Hope Lexi meets the hype which I am sure she will and the usual American suspects need to have good years. Morgan, Paula, C. Kim,  Michelle Wie, The littany of Brittany's, C. Kerr. et al.  Is Christie Kerr not the most intense, rip your eyes out,  cut throat B that ever strolled the fairways on that tour? She just grinds all the time, love that chick. Hope she wins at least 1 major this year.

+1 on getting some airtime at reasonable hours. maybe put the nationwide tour on at 2AM every once in a while.

Edited by KYMAR, 11 January 2012 - 10:44 PM.

RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#5 chicgolf19

chicgolf19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151079
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Its almost like they added 5 tournaments- since there is a $1.5 million purse for the RR Donnelley Founders Cup - before there wasnt any. (charity tournament). Yeah good job by Michael Whan and the LPGA. I do agree that they need better times for television.

#6 Johnny

Johnny

Get Kwok'd

• Marshals
  • 8,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Really hoping for one in NorCal.. none so far  :(
Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

#7 highdraw69

highdraw69

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22243
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

great to see that tour making strides in the right direction; i still would like to see the US Women's Open purse on a much closer level to the Men's event (as is done in tennis) -- the US Open is the one true major on that circuit, by far the biggest event in women's golf, and i would like for it to be positioned WAY beyond anything else

#8 chicgolf19

chicgolf19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Amen to that!!

View Posthighdraw69, on 12 January 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

great to see that tour making strides in the right direction; i still would like to see the US Women's Open purse on a much closer level to the Men's event (as is done in tennis) -- the US Open is the one true major on that circuit, by far the biggest event in women's golf, and i would like for it to be positioned WAY beyond anything else

#9 chicgolf19

chicgolf19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

We would all like an LPGA tournament where we live but are lucky enough to have one in our state. (For me Florida.) If there is more demand well you think you would get one. The companies around need to know that we want a LPGA tournament near us!

View PostJohnny, on 11 January 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Really hoping for one in NorCal.. none so far  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors