Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Hank Haney book & related... (merged)

1276 replies to this topic

#1231 Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7874
  • Handicap:+0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Postgeesecougar2, on 05 April 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

View PostTy_Webb, on 05 April 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Is there anything about this book that would make it not good to read on Kindle? The price difference is fairly small (which incidentally irritates the &%$! out of me), so if there are pictures or anything like that that would make it a good idea to buy in hardback (besides being able to pass it on), could someone let me know?

No, it will read quite well on Kindle. No pictures, and it really could have been printed on a paperback half the size.

Excellent, thank you sir.
Nike Covert Tour 2.0 9.5° left
Titleist 910F 15° Ahina 73x
Titleist 714CB 2, 3, 4
Titleist 714MB 5-PW
Scor 52 and 56
Machine M2A Converter

#1232 mozgolf

mozgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29434
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostTy_Webb, on 05 April 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

View Postgeesecougar2, on 05 April 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

View PostTy_Webb, on 05 April 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Is there anything about this book that would make it not good to read on Kindle? The price difference is fairly small (which incidentally irritates the &%$! out of me), so if there are pictures or anything like that that would make it a good idea to buy in hardback (besides being able to pass it on), could someone let me know?

No, it will read quite well on Kindle. No pictures, and it really could have been printed on a paperback half the size.

Excellent, thank you sir.

Hi I read it on Kindle. no problems at all. I think you can loan to at least one fellow kindle reader if you want to share

#1233 C-Law

C-Law

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128475
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think one of the biggest impacts this book has had on me i noticed today, while watching Tiger's post round interview i knew i couldnt believe a word he was saying.

#1234 hbgpagolfpro

hbgpagolfpro

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91088
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Posttigers9iron, on 04 April 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

What i learned from the book is that Haney is clueless as a golf intructor at the highest level and that he is a fragile insecure person. Without going into a long essay on this topic, quite simply Haney's advice for tigers driver issues was to get the club layed off at the top and come over the top to hit a low, short, slice that would end up in the right rough but avoid the big miss. WOW, thats shocking advice when working with the most talented golfer of all time. Long story short Sean Foley has gotten rid of all of Haneys absurdly flawed swing techniques in tiger and now tiger is #1 in Total Driving and hits straight bullets down the middle of the fairway with confidence under pressure. Additionally it was appaulingly disturbing to see how desperate Hank Haney was to find friendship and affection from his employer, tiger. Haney was devestated that his employer wouldnt open up on a personal level and that he kept it business like. this book did nothing but paint Haney as a clueless golf instructor with failed theories as Haney repeatedly tried to lay blame eslewhere often saying that there was very little difference between what Butch and he tought tiger and it painted Haney as a flawed, insecure, grown man desperate for attention and affection from tiger woods. i could go on forever with more references on these points but no need, its clear as day in the book

I am not going to defend Hank here, but I think the driving stats for Tiger this year have been overstated by the fact that he has been relying heavily on the 3 wood and 2 iron stingers rather than the driver.  The driver was exposed at Augusta today.  You can't play Augusta with 2 iron stingers off the tee like you can at normal PGA events.  You absolutely MUST hit driver, and shape it both ways.  They still have not figured it out from my point of view.  

I was surprised by Tiger's comments after the round that he was commited to the swing no matter what, even if it resulted in a pull hook.  Tiger used to HATE AND FEAR that shot more than any other.  Will be interesting to see how he works it out over the next few days.  

This is also the problem I have had with him trying to find a perfect swing.  He is commited to the swing itself, rather than finding any way possible to shape the shot called for, like Bubba Watson.  The artistry is gone in that regard.

#1235 csb000

csb000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99144
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

View Posthbgpagolfpro, on 05 April 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

I am not going to defend Hank here, but I think the driving stats for Tiger this year have been overstated by the fact that he has been relying heavily on the 3 wood and 2 iron stingers rather than the driver.  The driver was exposed at Augusta today.  You can't play Augusta with 2 iron stingers off the tee like you can at normal PGA events.  You absolutely MUST hit driver, and shape it both ways.  They still have not figured it out from my point of view.  

I was surprised by Tiger's comments after the round that he was commited to the swing no matter what, even if it resulted in a pull hook.  Tiger used to HATE AND FEAR that shot more than any other.  Will be interesting to see how he works it out over the next few days.  

This is also the problem I have had with him trying to find a perfect swing.  He is commited to the swing itself, rather than finding any way possible to shape the shot called for, like Bubba Watson.  The artistry is gone in that regard.

The driving stats show that Tiger's overall tee game is trending closer to his historical best than it was with Hank. His stats from Bay Hill show that he wasn't giving up distance to the field on approach shots. Was he using driver less times than the rest of the field? If he was, then maybe those stats are overstated. At the very least the stats show that Tiger has made progress and improved an area (generally) that was diabolical (generally) under Hank.

I'm puzzled by your last comment. Has Tiger ever not sought the perfect swing? Has Tiger not always aimed to be able to shape the ball both ways? Has Tiger not always thought about the mechanical aspects of his golf swing? He has never had the Bubba Watson mindset and approach.

#1236 hbgpagolfpro

hbgpagolfpro

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91088
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

View Postcsb000, on 06 April 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

View Posthbgpagolfpro, on 05 April 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

The driving stats show that Tiger's overall tee game is trending closer to his historical best than it was with Hank. His stats from Bay Hill show that he wasn't giving up distance to the field on approach shots. Was he using driver less times than the rest of the field? If he was, then maybe those stats are overstated. At the very least the stats show that Tiger has made progress and improved an area (generally) that was diabolical (generally) under Hank.

I'm puzzled by your last comment. Has Tiger ever not sought the perfect swing? Has Tiger not always aimed to be able to shape the ball both ways? Has Tiger not always thought about the mechanical aspects of his golf swing? He has never had the Bubba Watson mindset and approach.
Tiger has himself stated that when he was winning at Pebble by 15 that he just went for everything.  He was supremely confident in his ability.  All he really did with Butch was tighten up his swing a bit to be more consistent, and he achieved that.  I believe that he now suffers from what Monte has described as "swing crack."  He tried to find a better approach with Hank, and now is doing the same with Sean Foley.  Both know how to teach, but no matter how good your swing looks, if you lose confidence, get injured, etc, you won't play well.  

In any event, in regard to the driving stats,  I watched a good bit of Bay Hill.  He hit very few drivers.  The fairways were like runways, so his stingers were all he needed to play off the tee.  Same thing in Australia last Fall.  Needed to hit few drivers in those windy conditions.  When he has hit the driver, I have seen two way misses mixed in with some decent tee shots.  Augusta has exposed his weakness, and that continues to be the driver. You have to shape it both ways, and he has been unable to do it.

#1237 Marco

Marco

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

When he hit driver at bay hill i saw a perfect ball most of the time, except a couple here and there like at 15

#1238 tofur99

tofur99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72700
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostC-Law, on 05 April 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I think one of the biggest impacts this book has had on me i noticed today, while watching Tiger's post round interview i knew i couldnt believe a word he was saying.

me too. dude is full of it

#1239 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

This thread should be renamed "Comic Relief".  The Tiger fanatics have got their silly obsession on full display here and it is as entertaining as can be.  Keep those insightful posts coming kids.
Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

#1240 falken19150

falken19150

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72546
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Great book.  Tiger is a douchebag..........He could be one of the most insecure people out there.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#1241 gmangolf

gmangolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 138

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Book is interesting and not nearly as bad as the media made it out to be (at least for the 2/3 of it I've completed).  

I do think that Tiger has a lot of issues to sort out.

Only a couple of them have to do with golf.

#1242 mtomaro09

mtomaro09

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136089
  • Ebay ID:tomarogolf
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

So I read Hank's book "The Big Miss' and thought that his teaching ideas as they pertained to Tiger were a good read.  I also thought that Hank took some cheap shots by including information that Tiger shared with him regarding other players (Poulter, Z. Johnson, etc.).  No bid deal either way, just my opinion.  

So I decided to see what feedback Hank was receiving on Twitter regarding the book.  Every RT was "Great Book" or "I don't see why all of the controversy", blah blah blah.  Pretty much everyone blowing smoke up Hank's hole.  There was one tweet in particular that asked why he only RT the positives and none of the negatives.  Hank's response "There haven't been any."  I tweeted to Hank, this word for word:

@HankDHaney Just read your book, great teaching info., should have left out some of the personal stuff regarding other players and his family.

So what happens, no RT, no repsonse just a straight up block.  Pretty funny coming from a guy thet outed Tiger for lying to the media and pretty much saying that you can't trust what comes out of Tiger's mouth.  Now I happen to agree with him on that point and always thought that Tiger could make his life so much easier if he wasn't so rude to the media.  However, I have never been the intense focus of millions of people either, so I will reserve judgement.  I just find it so funny that Hank is out there playing the honesty card and he himself can't even be honest with some people on Twitter.  It proved to me that if nothing else he wrote the book out of spite and purely as a money grab.  I have always liked Tiger, but have never been a huge fan.  This book made me realize why he is the way he is.  It also made me realize that Hank Haney is probably the biggest phony in the golf industry and has a major axe to grind with media regarding the way he is portrayed during his tenure as Tiger's coach.  It is quite comical that Hank wrote an entire chapter comparing his "teaching stats" to Butch's and explaining why Tiger was a better golfer under him.  Pure BS, regardless of the coach Tiger would have still been a winner.  Sorry Hank, but a huge EPIC fail on your part to change your image.  In fact, you actually came out looking worse.  You shaould have just stuck to infomercials and teaching clinics.  You would have saved any diginity you had left.

Sorry for the rant, but I just thought that people, regardless of whether or not they are Tiger fans should see the truth about Hank Haney.

#1243 deasy55

deasy55

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155121
GolfWRX Likes : 1007

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Curious, how do you find out if someone blocked you on twitter? Does it not leave you onto their page or something? I always wondered about it...

Also....IBTL(or merge)

Edited by deasy55, 09 April 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#1244 HoosierMizuno

HoosierMizuno

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87620
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

View Postmtomaro09, on 09 April 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

So I read Hank's book "The Big Miss' and thought that his teaching ideas as they pertained to Tiger were a good read.  I also thought that Hank took some cheap shots by including information that Tiger shared with him regarding other players (Poulter, Z. Johnson, etc.).  No bid deal either way, just my opinion.  

So I decided to see what feedback Hank was receiving on Twitter regarding the book.  Every RT was "Great Book" or "I don't see why all of the controversy", blah blah blah.  Pretty much everyone blowing smoke up Hank's hole.  There was one tweet in particular that asked why he only RT the positives and none of the negatives.  Hank's response "There haven't been any."  I tweeted to Hank, this word for word:

@HankDHaney Just read your book, great teaching info., should have left out some of the personal stuff regarding other players and his family.

So what happens, no RT, no repsonse just a straight up block.  Pretty funny coming from a guy thet outed Tiger for lying to the media and pretty much saying that you can't trust what comes out of Tiger's mouth.  Now I happen to agree with him on that point and always thought that Tiger could make his life so much easier if he wasn't so rude to the media.  However, I have never been the intense focus of millions of people either, so I will reserve judgement.  I just find it so funny that Hank is out there playing the honesty card and he himself can't even be honest with some people on Twitter.  It proved to me that if nothing else he wrote the book out of spite and purely as a money grab.  I have always liked Tiger, but have never been a huge fan.  This book made me realize why he is the way he is.  It also made me realize that Hank Haney is probably the biggest phony in the golf industry and has a major axe to grind with media regarding the way he is portrayed during his tenure as Tiger's coach.  It is quite comical that Hank wrote an entire chapter comparing his "teaching stats" to Butch's and explaining why Tiger was a better golfer under him.  Pure BS, regardless of the coach Tiger would have still been a winner.  Sorry Hank, but a huge EPIC fail on your part to change your image.  In fact, you actually came out looking worse.  You shaould have just stuck to infomercials and teaching clinics.  You would have saved any diginity you had left.

Sorry for the rant, but I just thought that people, regardless of whether or not they are Tiger fans should see the truth about Hank Haney.

Well said! couldn't agree more. I also find it pretty funny that Hank is still RT all positive reviews on Twitter. I guess a smart move to sell to sell more books, but Hank is looking like a phony more every day. His only reply to critics...."look at the number of wins while i coached". Happy Gilmore could've coached Tiger in his prime.
Adams Fast 12 LS 10.5* W/ Fubuki S
TM Stage 2 Tour 3HL TP w/ Matrix RUL 80
Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid 18*
TM Speedblades 4-PW, AW KBS TOUR S
TM ATV 54* and 58*
SeeMore mFGP2 34"

#1245 approach11

approach11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109959
  • Ebay ID:approach11
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

From a Tiger fan -

The book is not bad.  Not a hatchet-job by any means.  Constant praise of Tiger as the best of all time, with a few jabs sprinkled in as others have mentioned above.  Thought the book was very honest.

It IS more about Haney trying to defend/justify his time with Tiger.  The counting of wins at the end was really kind of childish.  

Tiger is a weird guy and very closed off, and kind of a jerk a lot of the time.  Not even counting what he did to his wife.  BUT being in the public eye constantly and with all the attendant demands would be very hard to deal with.  Some deal with it better than others.  If it were me, I would be a total a-hole, even though in my real life I'm not like that at all.

#1246 ssp

ssp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80259
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Not a Tiger or Hank fan .... the concept of modern day golf (probably not just golf) coaching is an obsession of sorts..... hours/days/years/$$$ spent to adjust swing plane, grip, posture by fractions.  It is all taking some of the fun out of it for me.  Bring me back the old days and players.

#1247 spitfisher

spitfisher

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73111
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

What's the probability that it was hank on the other end? What's the probability that hank is managing his own marketing and social media??
There is a bank of bloggers hyping, chatting and directing traffic for others to buy that book, yeah a room full of 25-50 people 24 x 7! It's part of the whole package, the launch, the advertising, the social media- the only thing hank is doing is showing up on shows, book signings and radio. I can assure you of that......2 months from it will be a different story. Then it will come out on paperback and the cycle will start again to a lessor degree for sure.
Jus sayin.......

Edited by spitfisher, 10 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#1248 rafal

rafal

PM2TM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95401
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postssp, on 10 April 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Not a Tiger or Hank fan .... the concept of modern day golf (probably not just golf) coaching is an obsession of sorts..... hours/days/years/$$ spent to adjust swing plane, grip, posture by fractions.  It is all taking some of the fun out of it for me.  Bring me back the old days and players.

I don't think Bubba is obsessing about the details of his swing, so it's not all lost
TM SLDR S 12*
TM RBZ2 TP 3HL
Ping G25 4-LW
TM DLL 35"

#1249 Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7874
  • Handicap:+0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I've read this too now. I enjoyed the book (and I am a Tiger fan). I do think that Hank overstepped the mark by recounting tales of private text messages and stories. I don't think he should have shared that stuff. I can also understand why Tiger would be hurt by some of this.

All that said, I think it's kind of ironic that Hank complains that Tiger kept him at arms length and never treated him as a real friend and then Hank goes behind his back and writes this book about him. Would that be a case of Tiger being vindicated in not opening up with Hank 100%. Imagine if he had. What would the book have looked like then?
Nike Covert Tour 2.0 9.5° left
Titleist 910F 15° Ahina 73x
Titleist 714CB 2, 3, 4
Titleist 714MB 5-PW
Scor 52 and 56
Machine M2A Converter

#1250 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
GolfWRX Likes : 2413

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hank who?

You guys bought that book?

I think he is cooking on Rachel Ray next week

You guys gonna watch that too?

Edited by bscinstnct, 10 April 2012 - 08:38 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#1251 MT_Sens

MT_Sens

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143217
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 10 April 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Hank who?

Only if he cooks the meals that Tiger usually eats.

And I am serious.

#1252 dalehead

dalehead

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33032
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostHoosierMizuno, on 10 April 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Happy Gilmore could've coached Tiger in his prime.

You might want to pass that thought on to Tiger if things don't improve with Sean Foley.

#1253 christopherscott2.0

christopherscott2.0

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98237
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hank who?

Watching him cook with her would definitely be a much better use of TV time than the current iteration of his show. I'm a golf addict, I have a problem. Yet, when the Haney Project comes on, I'm reaching for the remote.

#1254 Solutions Etcetera

Solutions Etcetera

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33999
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

View Postchristopherscott2.0, on 10 April 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Watching him cook with her would definitely be a much better use of TV time than the current iteration of his show. I'm a golf addict, I have a problem. Yet, when the Haney Project comes on, I'm reaching for the remote.
All of his shows! I watched season 1 because I like CB, but after the last episode I walked away thinking "WTF?".

#1255 mozgolf

mozgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29434
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Really thinking about it after watching all the high school golfer histrionics at the Masters, I think the book was pretty gentle on Tiger. He is a great golfer, but just an absolute as* (related to donkey) as a person.

#1256 MichiganMike

MichiganMike

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122909
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

View Postspitfisher, on 10 April 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

What's the probability that it was hank on the other end? What's the probability that hank is managing his own marketing and social media??
There is a bank of bloggers hyping, chatting and directing traffic for others to buy that book, yeah a room full of 25-50 people 24 x 7! It's part of the whole package, the launch, the advertising, the social media- the only thing hank is doing is showing up on shows, book signings and radio. I can assure you of that......2 months from it will be a different story. Then it will come out on paperback and the cycle will start again to a lessor degree for sure.
Jus sayin.......

It's Hank doing the Twitter account.

#1257 gevo

gevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88187
  • Ebay ID:gvludlow
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Count me as one who loved the book.  The personal stuff revealed was hardly that damaging.  It's not like hank revealed that Tiger had sex with a box of Titlest balls while cheating on his Nike's.  The Coaching aspect and what they were doing with the swing w as good stuff.

#1258 tigers9iron

tigers9iron

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58918
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostMT_Sens, on 10 April 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Hank who?

Only if he cooks the meals that Tiger usually eats.

And I am serious.

according to Hank its Boston Market turkey dinner with sides of steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes....i found that revelation to be incredibly creepy, almost as creepy as his description of tigers long thin fingers the first time he met him

#1259 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14712
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Butch Harmon, Woods’ coach in the 1990s and early 2000s, talked to The Wall Street Journal, offering these not-very-shocking thoughts about Haney’s “The Big Miss” and Woods’ game:

• He’s “surprised” Haney would write such a book, especially one with personal detail about Woods. “I was really shocked to see him talk about Elin and Tiger's kids and stuff like that, I don't think that had any place in it."

• Harmon would never write such a book. "I'd never do that to Tiger or Greg [Norman] or any of the guys I've been with.”

• The amount of detail Haney had indicated he intended to write a book right from the beginning of his relationship with Woods. “(I)t's like he kept precise notes all along with writing a book in mind."

• Woods, Harmon thinks, has “lost his nerve putting. I think his nerves are bad, and he's lost his confidence.”

• Woods needs less instruction, not more. “He's Tiger Woods, for God's sake.”

• Woods “looks like he's playing 'golf-swing' and not golf. In my opinion, he's very robotic.”

• Woods’ performance in winning at Bay Hill was overrated, in Harmon’s opinion. “I think everyone thought because he won at Bay Hill that he was back; well, he didn't hit it great at Bay Hill, he hit it OK. And Bay Hill's not a major."

• If Woods asked him for advice, he’d tell him to go to the range by himself and just hit a variety of shots. “Quit playing golf-swing and just hit shots; just say to himself, I'm gonna hit a low fade, and I don't need anybody to tell me how to do it, I'm just gonna feel it.”

The Journal article said Haney was unavailable, and Woods declined to comment.

Harmon last month put out a two-DVD set, "Butch Harmon: About Golf."

#1260 deasy55

deasy55

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155121
GolfWRX Likes : 1007

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostSPY ZINGER, on 22 April 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

Woods "looks like he's playing 'golf-swing' and not golf. In my opinion, he's very robotic."
;

I said that Tiger was being very robotic around a month or so ago and got branded a hater. Is Butch a hater now too?

Tiger needs to just go out there and start playing golf. Forget all the swing thoughts and just hit it with feel.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors