Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

My Fitting Experience at PING (i20 Content!)

63 replies to this topic

#1 bjackson

bjackson

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8942

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

In early December I had the opportunity, along with fellow moderators Asleep and beruo, to tour PING's facilities in Phoenix and get an in-depth look at their new i20 line of clubs. You can read about that here (woods) and here (irons). Being the young gun of the moderating team (21) and this being my first business trip of sorts, I was incredible excited for the experience.

One of the many highlights of the day (to be honest, I feel like everything was a highlight!) was getting to see and try out PING's latest fitting and information gathering tool - ENSO. ENSO, which has been a collaborative project with Vicon (http://www.vicon.com) and Fujikura, is a camera system that uses lots cameras, all capable of taking tens of thousands of frames per second (PING is the first OEM with this technology). Using little reflective balls (think video game 3D imaging) that are placed on the driver head and shaft these cameras are able to track every little bit of information that an engineer would be interested in. From swing speed, shaft deflection, hand speed, shaft droop at impact, etc. PING's engineers, led by Dr. Paul Wood, are able to learn why different things act different ways. By gathering this information they are able to better design future shafts and clubs. After hearing about the system of course I wanted to try it! So I put on my golf shoes, stretched out a bit, took some practice swings, and hit a couple balls. I wasn't looking forward to hitting driver first without any prior warmup, but I did my best. I always knew I had a pretty high swing speed, but after trying ENSO I got an official, legitimate number (the use of cameras eliminates the error that can occur using launch monitors). After a couple mighty thwacks, I caught a good one on my third swing - 118 mph swing speed. While Asleep, beruo, and the 3 engineers showing us the system were taken back by such a high number, my jaw dropped a little bit as well. That was the highest I've ever been measured. I'm normally closer to 112, I must've had a little adrenaline going!

Ping.jpg
ENSO Part 1.png
ENSO Part 2.png
ENSO Part 3.png
ENSO Part 4.png
ENSO Part 5.png
ENSO Part 6.png

Following lunch, the second half of the day was spent demoing the entire i20 line. I was fortunate enough to go through a full on fitting with master fitter Bill, who does several hundred fittings a year for the likes of touring professionals, collegiate players, celebrities, and other VIPs. Having given them my current club set up prior to heading out to Arizona, there was a bag full of i20 clubs spec'd out to my current gamers to try out on the famous fitting range on the PING campus. After a quick warm up, I jumped to the i20 9 iron with CFS X-stiff shaft. Luckily for me my swing was 'on' after not playing much for the month previous. On maybe my fourth or fifth ball I mishit it a little bit and was asked by Mike Nicolette, the man who designed the S56 irons that I game (boy was that cool!) how far I thought the ball went. I said, "Well stock I hit a 9 iron about 150, so maybe that was 145ish?" I hit a few more, maybe 10 balls or so in total, with all the information being tracked by TrackMan and nFlight, then went over to take a look at my numbers. Initial thought - scary long. I averaged 165 yards of carry. I then went to 7 iron, which they had fitted with DG X100 (what I game). Again my numbers were scary, seriously freakishly long. I'd say on course, given normal conditions, my average carry distance is 170-175 or so - but with the i20's per TrackMan, I was averaging 195 yards. I can't make this stuff up. I don't know what it was - the warmer weather, adrenaline, or something else (maybe these clubs are just stupid long?!) but the ball was going to say the least. I finished trying out the irons with a 4 iron which performed, felt, looked, and performed wonderfully. High ball flight, soft landing, consistent, and forgiving - the i20 irons truly have something going for them. Phenomenal performers that I know will be a huge hit on the iron market (not to mention there cavity isn't gaudy looking, something I REALLY appreciate). While I game X100's, and will continue to do so, let me say that the CFS shafts are awesome (note my dispersion was tighter with the CFS, but the X100's give me a feel I'm used to and a flight I prefer). Period. Definitely worth trying.

i20 Iron Part 1.jpg
i20 Iron Part 2.jpg
i20 Iron Part 3.jpg
i20 Iron Part 4.jpg
i20 iron Part 5.png

After my insane session with the irons I was really looking forward to trying the hybrid and fairway wood. The i20 hybrid was a dream come true. With a slick matte black crown, black face, and black sole it looks great. Oh yeah, it performs pretty nicely too ;). Designed to take off a little spin compared to the i15 hybrid, I was hitting rockets. Long, high, straight darts from 250+. Looking back writing this, it feels surreal trying to gather my thoughts and memories from my fitting - almost like a dream, a dream come true. While I had gone through 2011 hybrid-less, opting for an extra wedge over my hybrid, I think 2012 might be the year I cave and drop my 3 iron to add a hybrid. The i20 fairway wood was also a great performer. Absolutely awesome club that does its job, and does it well. The only thing I can hold against the hybrid and fairway is that while the black/matte black looks good, I'm afraid it won't hold up under normal usage. After just a short session trying them out the soles and faces has noticeable marks. Not big chips or anything, but something to be considered.

i20 Hybrid Part 1.png
i20 Fairway Part 1.png

For the last bit of my fitting, I got to try out drivers. Due to my high swing speed, I was brought back into the garage (indoor/outdoor) fitting room that is, I dunno, 60 yards or so further back from where I had been hitting irons/hybrids/fairways. This is where all the pros get fit, which is really cool. Seeing staff bags embroidered with the names of people I have looked up to, knowing this is where they get fit for the best tools for their profession, is a unique feeling I was lucky enough to get to experience. I tried the i20 in 8.5º loft and 70x 'ahina shaft a half inch under standard (so playing 45" I believe). This is similar to my setup I use in my current bag, so I wasn't surprised to see any dramatic difference. Simply a solid performer. An anti-left club if I had to put a word on it. More workable than most as well. I was hitting some bombs. The ball flight wasn't quite what I wanted to see, so I asked if I could try out the G20 with the same shaft. I have always been that way in the past, 983K instead of 983E, 909D2 instead of 909D3, etc. so I thought it might be a better fit. It was indeed. Similar numbers to the i20, but for whatever reason I felt more comfortable with it. Bill (my fitter) agreed and said that it's a 75/25 or so split between the G line and i line of drivers. Also in the picture that shows my TrackMan results, I was definitely aimed right. I do NOT hit a left to right ball, trust me. haha

i20 Driver Part 1.jpg
i20 Driver Part 2.jpg
i20 Driver Part 3.jpg
i20 Driver Part 5.png
i20 Driver Part 4.jpg
Garage Finish.jpg

So yeah, I think that about covers everything. If you have any questions just ask, I'll be checking this thread out quite frequently.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 williamo

williamo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122395
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

WOOOOW!! What a nice experience. I am super jealous! Looks like you had a nice time there, how did you manage to get fit there? If it costed you anything, how much?

#3 Papaduke

Papaduke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148739
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Awesome experience!

#4 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4641

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Those are some nice numbers you're putting up. Sounds like it was a great trip. The I-series this year looks better then any i can remember from Ping, and the fitting experience looks super cool. I'd love to be able to do something like that. A shame no OEM's set up shop in the frozen tundra of Montreal Canada....

plus you got to spend time with our wisecracking friend Beruo. Now that sir is worth it's weight in gold. Did anyone frisk him as he was leaving the compound to make sure he wasn't smuggling like 25 putters out?
Cobra Amp Cell 8.5 w/Fujikura Fuel
Cobra Amp Cell 13 w/Fujikura Fuel
Callaway X hot pro Hybrid 16/ PXv
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Odyssey Tank #7

#5 juanki

juanki

mexican bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60587
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

great read, seems you had fun, crazy thing i was that friday at ping.

can you compare the g20 and i20 drivers more. tnx

#6 bogeyk

bogeyk

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1764
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

BJackson, did you have a chance to mess around with the i20 wedges at all? If so, could you give a brief rundown of your experience?

#7 golf9596

golf9596

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 884
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

thanks for the great review. I had the i20s on my wish list, but now it is a must. :clapping:

RBZ Tour 9*- Attas 3-S
SLDR HL-16*-stock -X
Adams Pro 20* Hybrid w/ Black Tie-S
Adams DHY 24*, Ping S55/ZZ-65 5-PW
Scotty Newport Button Back….….
Vokey 50* Macdaddy2 54*/58*

#8 deep18

deep18

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8767
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'm kind of surprised to see your spin #'s lower with the G as opposed to the i.  Any insight as to why that is?  From everything I've heard the i20 should come in with lower spin than the G20 (equal shafts and builds which is what you had).  

Very cool experience btw, someone needs to tell me where I can sign up to be on the GolfWRX staff!
ZL
RBZ Tour
Anser
AP2 712
Vokey
depends on my mood...

#9 pdaero

pdaero

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56310
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:pdhch85
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Ben, that was incredible. I would absolutely LOVE to go get fitted at Ping HQ, and try all the assortment of i20 and S56s. It's rare even being able to see different combinations of clubs as a lefty. I might add that the stock TFC 707 shafts seem beastly.

Besides the absolutely SICK numbers you got (especially the 4 iron - 145 ballspeed??), how would you categorize the feel and playability of the i20s? I really like the reduced offset and topline of these irons, and am considering a set. I'm definitely a feel player, however, and would really like to be fit. It seems like I've steepened my swing and made much more pure contact and compression of the ball, and it was weird to adjust to mid-round.
PING Rapture V2 9* w/ XVS6
PING i15 15.5* 3 wood w/ Tour Only XDV8
PING 20* i15 w/ Ozik Altus Hybrid X
Mizuno MP32 3-P w/ SS'd KBS Tour X
Vokey SM4 TVD 53*, 58* w/ S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

#10 Ernie1060

Ernie1060

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125099
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

that 118 swing u put on the ball... was it off center?  cuz ur ball speed and carry are the same as ur 112 swing...   so you either had a low smash factor, or the machine glitched and u didnt actually swing 6mph faster than normal.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Ham Solo

Ham Solo

I'm watching you!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68354
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

Sounds like a great time! I'm jealous. I would love to get fitted that extensively for my equipment.

Thanks for the write-up. :)

#12 bjackson

bjackson

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,598 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postwilliamo, on 01 January 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

WOOOOW!! What a nice experience. I am super jealous! Looks like you had a nice time there, how did you manage to get fit there? If it costed you anything, how much?

PING invited myself, beruo, and Asleep to come out and see the i20 line.

View PostMtlJeff, on 01 January 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

plus you got to spend time with our wisecracking friend Beruo. Now that sir is worth it's weight in gold. Did anyone frisk him as he was leaving the compound to make sure he wasn't smuggling like 25 putters out?

Spending time with Geo is always fun indeed. haha. No one frisked him to my knowledge, but trust me, he really wanted to get his hand on a couple of the goodies we saw. I think his one-off custom milled B60 has him covered for the near future. haha

View Postjuanki, on 01 January 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

can you compare the g20 and i20 drivers more. tnx

My best way to describe the differences are looking at Titleist's D2 and D3 drivers. I've always been a D2 user so that's what made me comfortable over the ball and not too surprisingly gave me the best performance. The i20 is a black head with a matte black crown while the G20 is a more typical silver with a gloss grey crown. The i20 has more bulge and roll and slightly deeper face. Not sure that I can get into much more than that, I only hit a couple dozen balls in total with drivers.

#13 bjackson

bjackson

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,598 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

View Postdeep18, on 01 January 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

I'm kind of surprised to see your spin #'s lower with the G as opposed to the i.  Any insight as to why that is?  From everything I've heard the i20 should come in with lower spin than the G20 (equal shafts and builds which is what you had).

I don't have a good reason or thought as to why my spin is lower with the G opposed to the i. In my mind, from everything I heard during the presentation from the designers, the i IS the lower spinning head...weird.

View Postpdaero, on 01 January 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Besides the absolutely SICK numbers you got (especially the 4 iron - 145 ballspeed??), how would you categorize the feel and playability of the i20s? I really like the reduced offset and topline of these irons, and am considering a set. I'm definitely a feel player, however, and would really like to be fit. It seems like I've steepened my swing and made much more pure contact and compression of the ball, and it was weird to adjust to mid-round.

Feel - great. Playability - great. Look - great. These are truly awesome clubs. No ifs ands or buts about it. Try them out when they hit stores (February-ish I believe?) and trust me, you'll like them.

View PostErnie1060, on 01 January 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

that 118 swing u put on the ball... was it off center?  cuz ur ball speed and carry are the same as ur 112 swing...   so you either had a low smash factor, or the machine glitched and u didnt actually swing 6mph faster than normal.

I hit it low on the face. The club was, IIRC, a 10.5º G20 with a stock stiff shaft - not my ideal set up. From what the engineers told me, there is no way that number is a glitch. ZERO chance that number is anything but true. This is the most accurate measuring tool ever used to gather information about the swing and the effects on the shaft and club head. My smash factor is ideal from my outdoor fitting, so maybe it was just lower in my first few swings of the day?

#14 2659edward

2659edward

#insideTMAG

• 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 281

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the write-up. It is amazing the info that WRXers have access to. This is the hands on, before the release date info we love. Thanks, bjackson, GolfWRZ and Ping.
Twitter:@ Ed _Settle
WITB Link

#15 jeonmin

jeonmin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117005
  • Ebay ID:subizle
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

Can you compare the feel and sound compared to the Titleist D2?

#16 mantan

mantan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6970
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

AWESOME report!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

#17 bjackson

bjackson

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,598 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postjeonmin, on 01 January 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

The last Titleist driver I had was the 909D2, which I would say is comparable to the G20 in terms of looks and performance (more or less). I would not compare the i20 to the D2...just different beasts. The i20 is a cannon though, I really did poke a few with it. I just had the consistency and looks I preferred in the G20. I'd say the sounds of the i20 was a solid thwack, not tinny or clingy like some. Really solid driver.

#18 El Jefe

El Jefe

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23706
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postbjackson, on 01 January 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

View Postjeonmin, on 01 January 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

The last Titleist driver I had was the 909D2, which I would say is comparable to the G20 in terms of looks and performance (more or less). I would not compare the i20 to the D2...just different beasts. The i20 is a cannon though, I really did poke a few with it. I just had the consistency and looks I preferred in the G20. I'd say the sounds of the i20 was a solid thwack, not tinny or clingy like some. Really solid driver.
:kewlpics: Ben,how do i get to be 21 again ?? Great work and great writing....if i may
, what is your handicap ?

#19 bjackson

bjackson

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,598 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostEl Jefe, on 01 January 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

:kewlpics: Ben,how do i get to be 21 again ?? Great work and great writing....if i may
, what is your handicap ?

GHIN.png

#20 JLew27

JLew27

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127694
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Awesome write-up. Much like others on here I am insanely jealous of your experience. I am looking forward to trying out the i20 irons since I haven't changed irons in years.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 theLeftyBeast

theLeftyBeast

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129381
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

could you compare and contrast i20/s56
Titleist 910 D2 w/ Project X 70 X
Ping i15 3w w/stock X
Ping Anser 3-w
Scor 53,59
Odyssey #7 or Odyssey pt82 LE

#22 dale4ace

dale4ace

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107528
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Postbjackson, on 01 January 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

View Postwilliamo, on 01 January 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

PING invited myself, beruo, and Asleep to come out and see the i20 line.

that's awesome! is there any way an average joe can get this kind of fitting? if not what can the average joe get if they were to visit the ping facility in AZ?

and lastly, does this mean ur gonna be ditching the s56's? how do the two compare (looks/feel/etc...)? reason i ask is i play the s56 myself and just wondering if it's a switch i should consider...

G25 10.5 // Anser 14.5 // i15 20 //
Anser 4-PW // Anser 52, 58 // Seemore //
WITB Link

#23 bjackson

bjackson

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,598 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PosttheLeftyBeast, on 01 January 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

could you compare and contrast i20/s56

The i20's reminded me of my first generation AP2s. They launch higher than the S56s, are slightly longer from heel to toe in the longer irons, a touch more offset, wider sole (but just barely). The S56s aren't as forgiving as the i20s, understandably. The i20s are, I think, exactly what a person would want from a player's cavity back - performance, forgiveness, playability, and good looks. The S56s are just a little more blade like.

View Postlewis4ace, on 01 January 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

that's awesome! is there any way an average joe can get this kind of fitting? if not what can the average joe get if they were to visit the ping facility in AZ?

and lastly, does this mean ur gonna be ditching the s56's? how do the two compare (looks/feel/etc...)? reason i ask is i play the s56 myself and just wondering if it's a switch i should consider...

I do not think the full on process is available to the average joe. You can, however, take a tour of most of the facilities, per this link.

I'm still in a toss up as to if I want to switch. I love my S56s and feel no need to switch, but obviously the i20s should not be looked over. If you are feeling the itch to switch, they are definitely a viable option to change to. See above for my comparison of the S56/i20.

#24 pdaero

pdaero

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56310
  • Handicap:1.8
  • Ebay ID:pdhch85
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Have you tried the MP59, and if so, how do those compare to the i20? Different animal?
PING Rapture V2 9* w/ XVS6
PING i15 15.5* 3 wood w/ Tour Only XDV8
PING 20* i15 w/ Ozik Altus Hybrid X
Mizuno MP32 3-P w/ SS'd KBS Tour X
Vokey SM4 TVD 53*, 58* w/ S400
PING Anser Milled 0 34"

#25 gogolfing

gogolfing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37074
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

wow, now I really can't wait to try the i20 line out.... thanks for the review.

#26 CT10

CT10

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93225
  • Ebay ID:ladiesdayblues
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

hi bjackson, thanks for sharing your experience at ping sounds like you had an awesome trip.

How forgiving would you describe the i20 driver and fairway woods as being. Is there a massive difference in g20 to i20?  

I have always been fitted to D3 in Titleist mostly due to spin rates but personally always liked the added forgiveness in D2 and seemed to handle the more forgiving clubs better, seems like you have found the same in Ping drivers on your fitting.

Thanks again.

#27 J.W.

J.W.

Made For or Real Deal?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,034 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
GolfWRX Likes : 1568

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Very cool, experience of a lifetime...jealous for sure.  One thing that jumps out to me is how far your carry and total distances are for the irons, hybrid, fairway wood.  The driver doesn't seem to go much further than the 3 wood.  Did you go with the i20 3 wood?  290+ with the 3 wood, beast!  Thanks for the write up.

#28 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21573
  • Handicap:3.2
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

What do you think was the reason for the crazy iron performance?  Did they really seem that hot, and did you compare them to the S56's that same day as a baseline?
Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

#29 Eynt

Eynt

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108531
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

how does the cfs shafts feel?  the x stiff feel softer than the x100?  I play Px 6.0 and I'm thinking of getting the cfs xstiff soft stepped once.   thanks for any input.

#30 homergolf

homergolf

Major Winner

• 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46000
  • Handicap:14.4
  • Ebay ID:hbob74
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thank you for sharing your great experience at PING.  They really make outstanding equipment.  I've used the 909d2 and and loved the feel of that club.  I am interested in trying out the G20 driver for the coming season.  Can you make a comparison between that and your current  driver the, the Cally Razr Hawk Tour, and also the feel (very subjective and difficult to describe, I know) of the G20 vs the 909d2.  Thanks again.

Taylormade R1 driver
Callaway Big Bertha 15*, 18* fw
Ping G25 23* hybrid
Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged, 5-A irons
Titleist SM5 56*, 60* wedges
Ping Shea H, 33" putter

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors