Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Donald Ross Shirts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ronbo

ronbo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7858
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

I picked up a Donald Ross Polo this summer and it was one of my favorite shirts. Don't hear a lot about them. Has anybody else bought any?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75388
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

View Postronbo, on 22 December 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

I picked up a Donald Ross Polo this summer and it was one of my favorite shirts. Don't hear a lot about them. Has anybody else bought any?

Newer brand.  This is their second year IIRC.  All tech line (no cotton) that started with just a few styles but is adding more rapidly.

The course where I play can't keep them in stock.  A couple of members have standing orders for the pro shop to put one of every color in their locker and charge their account when the new season's styles come in.  I haven't bought one yet, but they look like top notch shirts.

Titleist 910D2 9.5 'ahina
                PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U
                PING Tour Gorge 56WS, 60TS
                PING Scottsdale TR Anser 2

#3 squarre

squarre

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2621
  • Ebay ID:squarre
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I agree that they are nice quality shirts.  I only have one at this point, which I bought at course I played as a guest in October.  The club where I am a member just started to stock the shirts as well.  I plan to pick up a couple up after Christmas.
Ping Anser 8.5 GD AD-BB
Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 15 Blueboard
Adams Pro Black 18
Titleist AP2 710 3-P KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM5 56, Vokey SM 60
Cameron IBBF Laguna 2.5

#4 ronbo

ronbo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

It's refreshing to see companies like this. I' like all they have to offer and have a closet full of Nike and under Armour...... I like the fact you can't buy it everywhere, ie Dicks, Golfsmith ........

#5 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75388
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

ronbo-

If you like Donald Ross, keep an eye out for the new FootJoy apparel line arriving in 2012.  I believe (not 100% though) that line will also be restricted to green grass and not generally available at big box stores. A large number of Titleist staffers will be moving from other brands (Peter Millar, Fairway & Greene, etc) to FootJoy apparel.

Both Donald Ross and the new FootJoy are more classic/traditional styles, in contrast to the more athletic/flashy styles common in Nike, adidas, Puma, UnderArmour, etc.

Titleist 910D2 9.5 'ahina
                PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U
                PING Tour Gorge 56WS, 60TS
                PING Scottsdale TR Anser 2

#6 db22

db22

ney wind ney rain...ney golf!!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119275
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

we sell a ridiculous amout of under armour and donald ross shirts at bandon dunes...at least those are the two that i have by far sold the most of. donald ross tends to run 1/2-1 full size larger than like under armour little wider across the shoulders and not as tight as the ua's

#7 beckk10

beckk10

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91895
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

yes donald ross is very nice but slightly larger and sleeves are a little long for my liking.

#8 AltusBeliever

AltusBeliever

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22962
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

I buy these shirts in Pinehurst at an outlet store for $20! Saw them hanging in the proshop at CCNC. Was afraid to see what they were going for. Great shirts. Run big.

#9 ronbo

ronbo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

View PostHarry Longshanks, on 22 December 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

ronbo-

If you like Donald Ross, keep an eye out for the new FootJoy apparel line arriving in 2012.  I believe (not 100% though) that line will also be restricted to green grass and not generally available at big box stores. A large number of Titleist staffers will be moving from other brands (Peter Millar, Fairway & Greene, etc) to FootJoy apparel.

Both Donald Ross and the new FootJoy are more classic/traditional styles, in contrast to the more athletic/flashy styles common in Nike, adidas, Puma, UnderArmour, etc.

Not a Big Fan of FootJoy at all......Like to support smaller companies, Footjoy all over Big Box and Nothing special......

#10 patty_13

patty_13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117582
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Great looking line. Wish that I could order online or that my proshop stocked it. Looks like really good quality stuff, and well styled as well.

Taylormade SLDR 430TP / Matrix RUL70X
Titleist 913 Fd / Diamana D+ 82X
Taylormade Tour Preferred MC / C-Taper X
Titleist Vokey SM5 / C-Taper S+
Scotty Cameron Golo 5S - 35'
Titliest Pro-V1X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 golfmate

golfmate

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97512
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Anyone interested, I have access to samples of Donald Ross Shirts. I have many of them ....best shirt I've worn. They run slightly bigger than standard sizing. email me I can send pictures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors