Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

Craft beer Drinkers Unite!


3918 replies to this topic

#3901 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:3.0
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 974

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:59 AM

View PostArgonne69, on 17 June 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Founders Brewing, Grand Rapids, MI.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great place, have been there many times!

Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
Cobra F7 16* w/ Aldila RIP Beta 80s
Cobra F7 19* w/Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 85s
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-GW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB8 tour flowneck/TP Mills Trad II roundneck/SC Del Mar Cali

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#3902 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

10 Barrel Me Gusta and pretty good Philly!Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by toddnt, 21 June 2018 - 03:47 PM.


2

#3903 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 505

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Enjoying a Central Waters Rum Barrel Cocunut Porter tonight.  CW continues to impress with their barrel aged offerings.  This is the first rum barrel aged beer I've had.  Excellent.  I have had the Triple Barrel Big Bad Baptist, but you don't get the rum barrel quality like this one, as it's also mixed with whiskey barrel and all the other flavors. Really enjoying this one.  Cheers mis amigos!

IMG_20180623_210925658.jpg

3

#3904 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

Attention getting BA StoutPosted Image

4

#3905 vaca22

vaca22

    Commander In Beef

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46965
  • Joined: 01/24/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Has anyone tried any offerings from Lord Hobo?  Some are quite pricey...and Sip of Sunshine has come down in price around these parts


5

#3906 swats

swats

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27932
  • Joined: 04/16/2007
  • Location:Trumbull, CT
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

View Postvaca22, on 29 June 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Has anyone tried any offerings from Lord Hobo?  Some are quite pricey...and Sip of Sunshine has come down in price around these parts

I find their stuff meh and way over priced.  To me their best beer is the session, Hobo Life.  They're a bit of a pariah around here with how aggressive they market and  overconfidence about how good their stuff is, especially when CT/MA is flooded with beer that is much better IMHO.  Where are you?

SIP is losing interest since it has now been around a while and it doesn't fit in with the new hazy IPA trend.  It's still really solid but I don't go seek it out like I used to.

Edited by swats, 30 June 2018 - 12:00 PM.

Titleist 910D3, 9.5, Whiteboard 73S
TEE CB3, 16.5, Motore Exotics Tour S
Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM4
Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"

6

#3907 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

Like cream soda!!!    WinnerPosted Image

7

#3908 vaca22

vaca22

    Commander In Beef

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46965
  • Joined: 01/24/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:08 AM

View Postswats, on 30 June 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postvaca22, on 29 June 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Has anyone tried any offerings from Lord Hobo?  Some are quite pricey...and Sip of Sunshine has come down in price around these parts

I find their stuff meh and way over priced.  To me their best beer is the session, Hobo Life.  They're a bit of a pariah around here with how aggressive they market and  overconfidence about how good their stuff is, especially when CT/MA is flooded with beer that is much better IMHO.  Where are you?

SIP is losing interest since it has now been around a while and it doesn't fit in with the new hazy IPA trend.  It's still really solid but I don't go seek it out like I used to.

I'm in Meriden.  Without having tried Lord Hobo I did feel as if it was overpriced, and I just couldn't bring myself to getting any with other offerings for less.

I think Sip is losing interest as well.  I remember a time when I would just randomly ask if any was in stock, and most of the time I would get laughed at.  At one store, I was taken to the back just because I asked and given a 4-pack from the store's own "secret" stash.  But it's everywhere now, which makes me wonder if the quality has also possibly dropped.

My best friend lives in Charlton, MA and the new Treehouse brewery is literally 5 minutes away.  I'll have to stop in one day and stock up!

8

#3909 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4121

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:30 AM

Its pool season again. Meaning it has reached 90 degrees by 9:30am and it is too hot to do anything else.  
Posted Image
@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

9

#3910 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Thai Speedway Stout!!!! And found ‘18 Sucaba!!Posted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#3911 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:3.0
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 974

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

The heat finally left today and I took full advantage!

20180706_165034.jpg

IMG_20180706_222241_880.jpg

IMG_20180706_204011_408.jpg



20180706_165030.jpg

Edited by 1puttTUT, 06 July 2018 - 10:00 PM.

Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
Cobra F7 16* w/ Aldila RIP Beta 80s
Cobra F7 19* w/Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 85s
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-GW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB8 tour flowneck/TP Mills Trad II roundneck/SC Del Mar Cali

11

#3912 kalamazoo

kalamazoo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132012
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

View Post1puttTUT, on 06 July 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:


I liked Full Earth but Id rather have the bourbon, cigar, and tee shot 😎🤘👍

12

#3913 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

    Senior Hacker

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17087
  • Joined: 07/28/2006
  • Location:Northern Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 978

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

IPA du jour is from Port Brewing, San Marcos, CA.  I'm enjoying a Mongo Double IPA (8.5% ABV, 99 IBUs) at The Mint Restaurant and Ale House in Enumclaw, WA.    Mmmmmmmmmmmm, tasty!
Taylormade M1 (2016 tour head) 9.9 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6 stiff
Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
Titleist AP2 716 (3-GW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips

13

#3914 Kgglonghorn

Kgglonghorn

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 506440
  • Joined: 07/04/2018
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

Had Breckenridge Brewery's version of Irish Stout the other night...I thought it was fantastic.  Also been drinking alot of Left Hand Nitro Stout and Polygamy Nitro Stout.  Both excellent.

14

#3915 swats

swats

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27932
  • Joined: 04/16/2007
  • Location:Trumbull, CT
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:27 PM

View Postvaca22, on 05 July 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

View Postswats, on 30 June 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

View Postvaca22, on 29 June 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Has anyone tried any offerings from Lord Hobo?  Some are quite pricey...and Sip of Sunshine has come down in price around these parts

I find their stuff meh and way over priced.  To me their best beer is the session, Hobo Life.  They're a bit of a pariah around here with how aggressive they market and  overconfidence about how good their stuff is, especially when CT/MA is flooded with beer that is much better IMHO.  Where are you?

SIP is losing interest since it has now been around a while and it doesn't fit in with the new hazy IPA trend.  It's still really solid but I don't go seek it out like I used to.

I'm in Meriden.  Without having tried Lord Hobo I did feel as if it was overpriced, and I just couldn't bring myself to getting any with other offerings for less.

I think Sip is losing interest as well.  I remember a time when I would just randomly ask if any was in stock, and most of the time I would get laughed at.  At one store, I was taken to the back just because I asked and given a 4-pack from the store's own "secret" stash.  But it's everywhere now, which makes me wonder if the quality has also possibly dropped.

My best friend lives in Charlton, MA and the new Treehouse brewery is literally 5 minutes away.  I'll have to stop in one day and stock up!

Being in Meriden, your best bet close by would be CounterWeight in Hamden.  They are making great stuff.  These days I drink a lot of their stuff along with Kent Falls, Hooker, Armada and NEBCO.  I make it up to Tree House once every couple of months, it is a must do if you haven't been there before.

Edited by swats, 11 July 2018 - 12:27 PM.

Titleist 910D3, 9.5, Whiteboard 73S
TEE CB3, 16.5, Motore Exotics Tour S
Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM4
Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"

15

#3916 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

Not bad at all!Posted Image

16

#3917 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:32 AM

Needs a bit of aging. Bit harsh!Posted Image

17

#3918 toddnt

toddnt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
  • Joined: 12/08/2005
  • Location:San Diego, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

Lost Abbeys Number of the Beast- BBA Quad w cinnamon n chilies.    Posted Image
THe BrueryPosted Image
Bottle Logics StoutsPosted Image

Posted Image

18

#3919 MattH89

MattH89

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 462760
  • Joined: 04/10/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted Today, 09:46 AM

Hey guys

New around here. Guess you could say I'm into craft beer a bit. Really cool to see this thread.

Add me on Untappd: brewtalhopsPosted Image

19



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors