Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 3 votes

Jones Sports Company Golf bags Pics!!!

231 replies to this topic

#151 chrisl

chrisl

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38334
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 26 September 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Has anyone actually walked 18 with one of these? How do they compare to the lighter/ top rated carry bags (4 series, SM Swift) as far as strain on shoulders and lower back?
Carried mine Sunday at Tenison and loved it. Normally carry a SM 3.5 which I like a lot, but difference in weight is noticeable.Did not have any strain on the back from picking up off the ground. Found myself carrying it "backwards"a lot. Very old habits die hard...and resurface easily.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#152 jshel

jshel

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17037
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Well, I ordered the Players Series bag today. Looking forward to it getting here and taking it for a spin.

Yes, I will provide a review and photos.
Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 degrees
FW: Callaway X2Hot 15 degree
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot 19 degree
Irons: Ping G25 4-UW
Wedges: Ping Gorge 54 and 58 degrees
Putter: Bettinardi Kuchar Model 1

#153 jshel

jshel

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

My Players Series bag arrived last night and I loaded it up. Looking forward to getting it out on the course, something that I hope will happen on Friday afternoon.

My initial impressions are quite positive. Seems to be well made. Most importantly, the bag balances way better than my small Titleist bag -- especially when carrying it backwards. Carrying the Titleist that way can be a good amount of work as you have to frequently make sure it stays up. I don't think this is going to be an issue with the Jones.

Also, the strap is well padded.

I want to get it on the course, but it seems like a pretty good value for the price.

#154 JackMcA22

JackMcA22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133222
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hey Guys I just wanted to pass along a quick customer service story and let you all know how great of a company Jones Golf is to work with.

Last week I ordered a custom player's bag through Chris at Jones. Let me start by saying that Chris made the process as simple and convenient as possible: he was able to provide me a mock-up of exactly what bag would look like with the customization (my name in script) and he even offered to help me find the logo I was looking to put on my bag. Throughout the whole process Chris was incredibly helpful and responded to all of my emails within an hour or two.

I finally ended up ordering the bag on late Friday afternoon and Chris said that it usually took about 5 days to customize the bag and then a few days for shipping because we were both on the west coast. So you can imagine my surprise when my bag was waiting at my door today on TUESDAY AFTERNOON. I don't know how they did it, but the bag was customized and shipped to my address with no overnight delivery charges in a single business day!

However, here is the real kicker and what truly shows what a great company Jones is. When I opened the package I was disappointed to see that there had been some sort of mix-up with the customization and they had put "John" instead of "Jack" as I had requested on the bag. To be clear, this was a very honest mistake as my legal name is "John" so all of my contact info and billing info says "John" which makes it a very easy mistake to make. Nonetheless, I immediately emailed Chris and let him know about the mix-up and true to form he emailed me back within an hour, took responsibility for the error, and will be sending me a brand-new bag with the correct name on it.

I wanted to write this post to let you guys know that this is truly a great company to do business with and that their customer service is second to none. I am a big supporter of a lot of the "smaller" companies on this site as my current bag set-up looks like a who's-who of WRX sponsors: Scratch wedges, Stitch headcovers, Byron Putter, a Jones bag and I've even flew to San Fran to get fit by Joe Kwok! The reason I like supporting these companies, as cheesy as it sounds, is because I feel more connected to my golf equipment because of the personal touch all of these companies add to the transaction. Whether it be Patrick at Scratch, the guys at Stitch, Byron, Joe Kwok, or Chris at Jones these guys have all shown a level of commitment and customer service to a wanna-be like myself that makes me feel like a tour pro.

I would go to bat for any of the above companies and if anyone needs a recommendation or would like me to write a review of any of the products I mentioned I'd be happy to do so if you ask.

#155 grbz

grbz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87660
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Any updates?

Particularly the ones who ordered the players series. Debating a players series or mackenzie ballistic.

#156 The Big Pinch

The Big Pinch

God Bless America!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7665
  • Ebay ID:ezpincher
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Why does the smaller players bag cost more than the larger original yet the original has more pockets and 3, instead of 2, dividers?

#157 jshel

jshel

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

grbz,

I got the Player's Series bag about a month ago and really like it. I also considered getting a MacKenzie.

The Player's has good balance and a good strap. It's easy to carry and it isn't a problem getting clubs in an out of it. I wish the front pocket was a little bigger. But other than that, I like the bag quite a bit.

A friend has a MacKenzie and I would say that the Player's is quite similar. The MacKenzie is certainly a little nicer as the non-nylon pieces are leather (they are some sort of synthetic on the Players) and the zippers seem a little better. But I'm not sure it almost twice as nice.

#158 Russgolf62

Russgolf62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147475

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Great Customer service! These guys go out of their way to make things right! Great company to do business with, it's nice to see that customer service isn't dead! Excellent communication every step of the way...Highly recommend this company...I don't post often, but felt this needed to be said. If you're on the fence...buy a Jones, you won't be disappointed!

Custom Embroidered White and Navy...very sharp!

#159 grbz

grbz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87660

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

View Postjshel, on 05 November 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

grbz,

I got the Player's Series bag about a month ago and really like it. I also considered getting a MacKenzie.

The Player's has good balance and a good strap. It's easy to carry and it isn't a problem getting clubs in an out of it. I wish the front pocket was a little bigger. But other than that, I like the bag quite a bit.

A friend has a MacKenzie and I would say that the Player's is quite similar. The MacKenzie is certainly a little nicer as the non-nylon pieces are leather (they are some sort of synthetic on the Players) and the zippers seem a little better. But I'm not sure it almost twice as nice.

Thanks jshel. Appreciate the response.

Edited by grbz, 06 November 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#160 freded

freded

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2644

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Do these bags collapse down or are they rigid length-wise.  I'm in the UK but got a mate visiting the US for a couple of weeks in December and could get one shipped to his hotel if the bag collapses down and could fit into his suitcase.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#161 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1384

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

The original bag can be folded down a good bit, it does not have a "spine" or stiffener in it. Looking at the cardboard box it was shipped to me in, my largest suitcase is probably as big as that box. I do not know that there would be much room for anything but the bag unless we're talking a hella big suitcase though.

My instinct is to tell you it probably wouldn't work very well. It is in total a good bit bulkier than a "Sunday bag" type thing. Keep in mind that the base of the bag is a 9" diameter rigid plastic dinner plate, so to speak. It will not flex, fold or otherwise let you work with it and the bottom section of the bag itself is rigidly attached to that bottom plate (it's that bottom plate IMO that makes it such a roomy and easy to use golf bag).

#162 akbariousbig

akbariousbig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28174

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Old Macdonald #7.  A delight to carry the navy original.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00478.JPG

#163 Blade Junkie

Blade Junkie

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132346
  • Handicap:13.0
GolfWRX Likes : 304

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

View Postfreded, on 06 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Do these bags collapse down or are they rigid length-wise.  I'm in the UK but got a mate visiting the US for a couple of weeks in December and could get one shipped to his hotel if the bag collapses down and could fit into his suitcase.

I asked about UK delivery costs on the Jones facebook site, and they said $160 for a Players bag and $65 for an Original - I think because the latter folds in half into a box half the size (airline charges being based on volumetric weight and all that). Players has an internal skeleton from what I've read, whereas an empty Original would collapse down on itself (not rigid)
'Tis the hickory season ...
Geo Duncan Driver, Brassie
W.Jeffery Bulldog; Tom Stewart irons:
Cleek, Dr. Mashie, Mashie Iron, Jigger
Mashie, Lofter, Spade Mashie, M.Niblick
Niblick, Nicoll Howitzer, Eskitt putter

#164 dbleag

dbleag

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Anyone who recently got a Player's Series model - can you share pics of your new bag (loaded), as well as comments on how you like the way the stays work.

Thanks in advance!

#165 jshel

jshel

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Here is a picture of mine.

The stays on the bag work fine. I don't find the bag collapsing, even if I stand it on the bottom.

photo(34).JPG

#166 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27266
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi Guys. Great thread. I thought you might get a kick out of a strange golf bag I found in our museum room here at Golf Pride. It can only be described as a child's Jones golf bag. It is 24 inches in length. I included a pic with a hat and grip to provide scale. Not sure what year it was made but it looks ancient..and well-used. Bruce

Attached Thumbnails

• Baby Golf Bag 003.jpg

Edited by brucemiller, 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#167 jshel

jshel

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

If anybody is looking at one of these, Jones is running a 25% off sale through 12/2 on their site.

The deal makes the Original Jones less than $100. With the discount, the Players bag is $113 or so.

I like the Players Bag quite a bit at that price.

#168 tonster

tonster

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17321
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Is there a coupon code to get the bags down to that price?

#169 jshel

jshel

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Code is Blackfriday.

You can see the ad on their Facebook page.

#170 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 318

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I just got the Travis Mathew Jones Bag.

My first impression once the bag was loaded with my sticks was amazement at how light the bag is fully loaded and yet it feels like nothing. It makes my Ping Hoofer feel like a brick is in one of the pockets. Also, the next best feature that is also amazing is how well balanced the bag is. You can sling it over a shoulder in any direction and it feels made to be. I actually had to go to their site and look at some pics to see which direction they designed the bag to be carried because it works both ways so well.

The canvas material and fake  leather is nicer than I expected. When the box arrived I was surprised for some reason to see how the bag was folded up in the shipping box. I knew it wasn't internally supported, but it's a weird sight to see a golf bag folded up. Once the first club is dropped into the bag it acts light the internal brace very well. Once I got all my sticks in their slots I thought for a second it may balance standing up without legs or support because it is so well designed, but it does fall as expected.

This bag is a winner big time for what it is. I do really like my Hoofer, but for walking with your gear on your back this is a VERY clear winner.

Edited by finalist, 30 November 2012 - 10:09 PM.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#171 TheLegendofChambers

TheLegendofChambers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210023

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostDoctor Jones, on 20 December 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

My name is Matt Lemman and I'm the President of Jones Golf Bags.  

Hope this answers a few questions...

-Our bags will both retail in the $120-$130 range
-The Jones Original will be made with Ballistic Nylon and Vinyl.  
-We will offer (Jones Original) black/white, red/white, grey/white, green/white, navy/white as our first run of colors.
-The Players Series, Matt Black will be all Ballistic Nylon.  ALL BLACK.
-We will offer different colors of the Players Series bag in the future.
-Embroidery will be offered in the future as well, as we are still in the process of college licensing.  

Be sure to tell your local golf shop to order our bags!

Spread the word, Jones Golf Bags are back!

Matt, any sort of time frame as to when the player's series will be offered in other colors...would love to see it in green.

-Nick

#172 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Finally gamed mine today. The balance is great. I can carry it any way I want- clubs forwards, backwards left shoulder or right. The lighter weight is very noticeable compared to my Hoofer. I can actually walk 18 and still swing hard for the last few holes. It was muddy and wet out, but I found the way my towel hangs down before my bag hits the ground allows for the towel to fall under the bag and protect the top half and clubs from the mud. Clubs are a tight fit - great for stopping bag chatter and probably the same amount of grip sticking as my Hoofer. The two smaller front zipper pockets are nice. Very easy to access while walking since they are immediately next to my right hand. Snack, water, range finder were all right there in a much better location than my other bags.

At this point I wouldn't change anything about the bag's design. The materials could be better and a few features could be added, but then again this is about minimal weight and I don't want a $300-$600 bag. For $100 this works and has a classic retro look.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#173 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

After quite a few rounds with mine, I'm not quite as OK as yourself about using it when the ground is wet. But otherwise it is a treat the way this bag balances. And I agree that the fairly tight (with 14 clubs, anyway) top opening is not a problem since the bottom is roomy enough to avoid club tangle.

My usual carry bag is a Titleist "Lightweight". Not the 14-way but the older model 6-way one. For playing in soft or wet conditions I like having the stand and am willing to put up with the less well-balanced design. But I don't find the 6-way top to be any more convenient than the Jones bag's old-fashioned top with one exception. I dedicate one whole opening for my putter on the Titleist bag which is kind of nice.

My Jones bag was purchases specifically to use when I travel to England/Scotland/Ireland for a week-long golf holiday each summer. It works wonderfully for walking day after day, often 36 holes apiece. And on those trips the ground is usually firm, dry links turf so a stand is totally unnecessary.

#174 kev0000

kev0000

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5547
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I was thinking about buying a new stand bag for this year.  Does anyone have any pics of the 2013 stand bag? And when it will be available?

#175 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

FoC,
I think it helps that mine is mostly black and the dark mud didn't show as much. Also, since it's basically a plastic bag the little spots wiped off easily.

I wonder if the black nylon color will fade or not in the summer heat? It seems some nylon fades fast while other types last.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#176 p3ga

p3ga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209795
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

After cleaning out my current bag & realizing what I actuially use & need to carry for a round, I ordered an Original tonight....just amazing what accumulates (and how much this crap weighs) during a season of play.

#177 JeremyM

JeremyM

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136539

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postfinalist, on 30 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

FoC,
I think it helps that mine is mostly black and the dark mud didn't show as much. Also, since it's basically a plastic bag the little spots wiped off easily.

I wonder if the black nylon color will fade or not in the summer heat? It seems some nylon fades fast while other types last.

Any updates on the color fading?  Or how dewy grass affects the material?

#178 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostJeremyM, on 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

View Postfinalist, on 30 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

FoC,

Any updates on the color fading?  Or how dewy grass affects the material?

No update on the black fading. It's not sunny enough here in Northern California and I probably haven't played enough rounds with it yet. BUT the rounds I have played have all been very wet, muddy ground conditions, and the bag is perfectly new looking. The materials are all basically plastic, so mud and water very simply wipe off. I'm actually surprised by how clean mine looks after seeing the places I've put my bag down -- The types of places where it's very wet, dewey, and muddy and golf carts would get stuck.

I am nervous about the black nylon fading though, but so far nothing I can see after about four rounds and 8-10 driving range sessions.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#179 Newc

Newc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84360
  • Ebay ID:newc219
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I know this might be sacrilege but when I play with my dad we have to take a cart so his knees can make a full 18.  Has anyone strapped this into the back of a cart and will they secure or should I just look elsewhere to replace my stand bag.

I just love the look and simplicity of this bag.

#180 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I don't know anything about the "Players" model which has a stiffener of some sort. The "Original" model that I got a few months ago would not work well at all on back of a riding cart. I'd consider it not usable in that application, although in a pinch you could make do for a round.

It can work well on most push carts as long as their top and bottom brackets are in a pretty typical spacing. I have found one push cart where the top bracket was "short" or lower down so it was on the flexible part of the bag and not the top ring. That would was a pain but it was a funky old off-brand push cart.

But riding cart, don't get the "Original". Maybe a "Players" owner will chime in concerning that option...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors