Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping eye 2 ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eagle9

eagle9

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92064
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

I recently picked up a clean set of eye 2s with matching serial numbers.  Based on the patent numbers in the cavity I expected them to  have square grooves typical of the eye 2 irons manufactured between 1985 - 1990.  The shaft bands were long gone so I wasn't sure of the shaft.  After checking with PING I was suprised to see that this set was manufactured in April  1995 which I think would indicate they would not have square grooves.   I am also puzzled by PINGs response that the shaft was fitted with NZ+ shafts.  So after seeking some clarity,  now I  am  confused as to whether they are square groove or not and have not been able to find any info on the NZ+ shaft.  

I hope there are a few PING experts out there that can let me know what I have.   Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Shambles

Shambles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105681
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Take a look near the toe inside the cavity. I think you will find a + there.

The PLUS series of Eye 2 were manufactured after Ping successfully won it's law suit but chose to accept the compromise with the USGA/PGA to keep those needed bodies alive and functioning. Golf needed them. They were made with square grooves that were a micro millimeter closer together and work just as well as the original Eye 2's of lawsuit fame.

I'm currently bagging a set of these in stainless.

Shambles.

#3 budeagle

budeagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61494
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

I could be wrong but I think the shaft should be JZ

#4 eagle9

eagle9

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92064
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for the replies.  

Not a + model.  Even the response from PING indicated they were eye 2 model.  I sent PING another e-mail on the shafts and they indicated that the NZ+ is a steel stiff flex with torque of 1.9 and 115 grams weight.

Hope to hit them later in the week.   Shaft specs should be fine for me.  Hope to game them this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors